• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have to say that this is one of the think I wonder about DW. I just played Saxony (a now 4PM, but in a big country, it would be strange to not be able to construct new buildings. Magistrates is an interesting things, but it could be like manpower (with a malus when you have too much of them (ineficient bureaucrats)).

I'd like to have a "magistrates slider", that scales with nation size, tech and government. A full slider with a globe-spanning empire should cost one arm, one eye and liver. :3

Need to consider that a smaller nation is effectively "easier" to govern than a large nation, much less an empire. The "disproportionate" level of magistrate/building activity in OPMs reflects that ... nevermind it (1) gives them a better chance at surviving vs larger nations, and (2) the "over-construction" disappears when a larger nation annexes.

nimetnt.jpg

I have no idea what's going on, but that paint is trippy :p

apparently two countries were at war, and weakened, and he had the maintenance sliders down. So when he went to put it at max to be ready for war, he has to way till the end of the month to get the morale. Unfortunately he got a regency on the 30th so he can DOW them...

Something like that happened to me so many times, that now i just grab a pillow and scream... :(

apparently two countries were at war, and weakened, and he had the maintenance sliders down. So when he went to put it at max to be ready for war, he has to way till the end of the month to get the morale. Unfortunately he got a regency on the 30th so he can DOW them...

Happened to me too often so now I don't reduce military upkeep, having less money just makes things a teeny bit harder which is generally fine. If military upkeep is so high that dropping it saves me a loan I will for a short term, otherwise just keep it at max, same with colony and missionary upkeep. Generally I've found that if military upkeep is a problem there are bigger problems...

It also goes well with my being lazy...

Happened to me too often so now I don't reduce military upkeep, having less money just makes things a teeny bit harder which is generally fine. If military upkeep is so high that dropping it saves me a loan I will for a short term, otherwise just keep it at max, same with colony and missionary upkeep. Generally I've found that if military upkeep is a problem there are bigger problems...

It also goes well with my being lazy...

i haven't done the math but i am pretty sure colonial maintenance pays for itself, especially if the minorities are flocking to the colonies event is frequent. Short term crisis management is different though:)

btw this is why I appreciate republics, no such thing as regency council, or waiting for a good ruler

No screenshots here, please. We have a screenshot thread for that.

You can get to africa if you have pass thru all of those moor countries, turkey, mamluks... Nah, just joking you can't... XD

Anyway can't you demand their capital?

I think he needs to control all provinces around it to get it and it only works for inland provinces, not coastal. Sometimes AI will move its capitol, but they may be too poor for that.

napob.png

That was my face when i got my 5- on Swedish random sample (It's good that i got chance for retry) :p

Ps. those were just mad paint skills L Lawliet