• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
He was promised to be the only super crazy but powerful dictator in the world between the years 1936 and 1945, not some warlord from some backwater Chinese nation

He was promised to be the only super crazy but powerful dictator in the world between the years 1936 and 1945, not some warlord from some backwater Chinese nation

To quote the game "tutorial": 'The funny little man, his moustache twitches!'

Whats the plan for the US?

Long-term, I was thinking to possibly attack Mexico to get a (somewhat) safer beachhead to advance north. However, due to the 3000km limit on invasions, that might mean I would have to first take Hawaii, and I'm not sure I can do that with my weak navy. For that reason, I was thinking I would have to ignore them and deal with Russia instead.

You could always go the longer way to get to America, by using your Indian ports to take over South Africa, jumping up and taking Liberia, and then use that short distance to take over Brazil, because all of its VPs are along the coast and it would be the closest, and then you would be in striking distance of attacking whoever you want there.

[size=+1]1943, Spring – Kiwi Campaign[/size]

Here’s the situation as we head towards the middle of ’43-

The Axis powers are dominant in Europe. Soon, I will set them to war against the Comintern. This might make Japan suffer a little bit since the Russian Far East Army is the dominant power in Manchuria, but that’s okay since they don’t need to hold out for long. Even if they don’t hold out, Bitter Peace will fix everything.

Ch13_01_EuropeMap.jpg

My empire in SE Asia is growing apace. I am making inroads into India from the west, east, and south. I am mopping up in Australia and will attack New Zealand soon. I think somebody was asking me to invade them way in the beginning of this AAR- you should get your wish forthwith. I also have troops actively attacking in Nepal and Bhutan, shouting cries of “Remember ’40!”

Ch13_02_AsiaMap_b.jpg

Once New Zealand is out of the way, I will focus on cleaning up these islands and getting ready to support Axis offensives in Kamchatka. I mentioned earlier that going to war with the USSR would be a blow to my economy. At this stage of the game, I have enough stockpiles that I can last for a while without further trade.

2 April: I win the battle of Thimphu, which should take Bhutan out of the war.

Ch13_03_ThmphuAttack.jpg

7 April: Bhutan is annexed. The Japanese dump another horde of expeditionary forces into my lap. This is great, but I thought there was supposed to be a mechanic where I could refuse these troops if I wanted?

8 April: In India, I take Bombay.

Ch13_04_BombayAttack.jpg

22 April: Allied raiders are back to doing a number on my Convoys, I almost have none left again. Most of the losses are happening near the coast of Viet Nam, and since there are no nearby ports in enemy hands, I don’t know where these raiders are based from.

Ch13_05_ConvoyRaiders.jpg

26 April: I’ve reclaimed Lhasa.

29 April: I’ve already lost 20 Convoys in the last two weeks. I think Convoy raiding is just far too effective with zero risk for the person doing the raiding. I just can’t keep up with demand on making new Convoys.

300px-Torpedoed_merchant_ship.jpg

6 May: I win the battle of Kathmandu.

Ch13_06_KathmanduFalls.jpg

10 May: Germany annexes Poland.

12 May: I enter Kathmandu and annex Nepal. The injustices of 1940 are finally avenged!

ChineseTroopsTakeFortress.jpg

13 May: I declare war on the Soviet Union. The European Axis look to have enough troops handy, and I want to stop the Bulgarians from pulling all their men out of Turkey.

Ch13_07_EuropeBorder.jpg

Ch13_08_Turkey.jpg

Of course, I am sure Japan won’t appreciate this…

Ch13_09_EastAsia.jpg

This action causes Romania to mobilize their army. My forces in the Burma theatre have linked back up with Japan for the second time.

Ch13_10_BurmaTheatre.jpg

17 May: I’ve arrived to retake that port in Borneo.

28 May: I take Delhi.

Ch13_12_DelhiFalls.jpg

29 May: I defeat the US garrison at Tarakan, which means I once again possess all of Borneo.

” So once again, Jones, what was briefly yours is now mine” – Dr. Rene Belloq

Ch13_11_BorneoAttack.jpg

30 May: Germany annexes Lithuania. I had declared war on them since they could be picked up without making a larger front with the Soviet Union. My third warship is done, and I am pretty much forced to devote those ICs to making more Convoys. Later this same day Saudi Arabia joins the Axis.

6 June: Soviet Union transfers industry to Siberia.

10 June: For whoever wanted an attack on New Zealand, this is it. I begin with the North Island since the capital is there. The way the Kiwis' VPs/national unity works out, I will have to conquer them completely to force surrender.

Ch13_13_NorthIslandAttack.jpg

24 June: I take Wellington.

Ch13_14_WellingtonFalls.jpg

3 July: I declare war on Romania. They are being influenced by both the US and Germany, so they won’t be joining us willingly any time soon. I decide to go to war with them to extend the front vs. the Comintern to the south, since I see a lot of Russian stacks on the Polish border that the Axis appear to be afraid to attack. Looking back on this later, this will prove to be my main mistake of the war, and thus, the game.

”Sir, anyone can make a mistake” – British Medic, The Longest Day

15 July: My last Convoy is sunk; I won’t have any more until August. The thing that really enrages me is that I can have the game paused, assign Convoys to a new route, and then have them instantly sunk the moment I resume the game.

Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee doo
I've got a final puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dah-dee
If you are wise you will listen to me

What do you get when your Convoys are
gone?
A pain in the neck and production that’s
wrong.
Why don't you try adding more to your
queue?
Or could you just not bear... to...
do?
You'll get no
You'll get no
You'll get no
You'll get no
You'll get no resources!

Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-dah
Build enough Convoys and you will go far
You will ship in happiness too
Like the Oompa,
Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do

Hey! I thought I ditched you guys back in ’41!

“Our contact is rock-solid. Besides, we’re union! Oh, and speaking of the contract, we couldn’t fail to notice that the bowl of green M & Ms is missing from our dressing room”

oompaloompa3.jpg

23 July: I’ve taken Auckland. If the last VP on South Island wasn’t blocked by bad infrastructure, the New Zealanders would be finished by now. The Kiwis’ hospitals are piling up with wounded soldiers.

kiwi_hospital.jpg

27 July: I am desperately trying to get my fleet over to the Persian Gulf to save my army over there which has been cut off from supply for many months. Since these are bona fide Chinese troops and not Japanese volunteers, I actually care about them.

Ch13_15_KarachiArea.jpg

I also have one warship and one Transport sailing to New Zealand to help take the last VP, which I hope is undefended. Expectations are high since I think the Kiwis had everyone deployed on the North Island.

Ch13_16_SecondFleet.jpg

And with this, I will leave you in suspense.

Last edited:
Ha, you squeezed Britain's Nepal.

(Ahem, sorry)

Why hasnt the event for the Soviet occupation of Bessarabia not fired yet? It doesnt need the Danzig or War event does it?

Either it does, or it requires Germany to be at peace, or both. Pretty much none of the events in Eastern Europe goes off if Germany goes to war before it's time to fight for Poland. In this game German aggression tossed out all those events and they were lucky to even get the Sudentenland.

It probably would have been best if you had waited till Germany and its allies were far into Soviet territory before declaring on Romania, or just not declaring at all, and letting them join once they see that the Soviets were doomed.

It probably would have been best if you had waited till Germany and its allies were far into Soviet territory before declaring on Romania, or just not declaring at all, and letting them join once they see that the Soviets were doomed.

Probably, but the issue was that I saw there was literally no progress whatsoever in six weeks of fighting. The Germans had not advanced one province into Soviet soil, and the Red Army had made some minor gains in Turkey. The hope was that Axis troops could flow through Romania and start making some headway, but that didn't work out. Retrospectively I could have just lived with the stalemate for a while, but I didn't want to spend another two years making very slow progress like I did with the British. Impatience is often my undoing.

I apologize to anyone who is reading this with the missing pictures, Photobucket gives me a 10Gb limit per month which is apparently insufficient. If I do any other AARs in the future, I will switch to Imageshack which doesn't have this limitation. The pictures should be back on the 6th.

Just got caught up -- is this the high water mark we're seeing? I hope you hold on!

Not quite the high-water mark just yet, but it will be soon, thanks to my Romanian blunder. Even with that, though, I am really in no danger of being conquered myself since the bad terrain makes it quite easy to defend Asia from the Soviet Union. But all thoughts of marching into Moscow are gone.

[size=+1]1943, Summer & Fall – Mopping Up[/size]

As 1943 begins to draw to a close, I’m somewhat satisfied with the progress I’ve made.

”’Somewhat’ satisfied? Well, maybe we ‘somewhat’ feel like finding your daughter” – Chief Wiggum

All the important parts of India are in my hands, although the arrival of troops from Japanese puppets is spoiling the color of landscape over there. It may be WAD, but I call this a design error if puppets are allowed to do something their controlling country can’t do.

Ch14_01_AsiaMap.jpg

I have no Convoys left whatsoever, so I am hoping I can slip a division into New Zealand’s last VP and get them to surrender before my men there run out of bullets. I have two weeks to go before my next Convoys come off the line. How much should I bet that the Allies will sink them all before the end of the month?

Ch14_02_OceaniaMap.jpg

In Europe, the Axis (well, me really) has declared war on the Comintern, but no real progress has been made on that front yet.

Ch14_03_EuropeMap.jpg

3 August: New Zealand goes into exile. I just can’t catch a break with these annexations…

16 August: I save my men that were stuck near the Straits of Hormuz and relocate them to India.

Ch14_04_StraitsOfHormuz.jpg

19 August: I hope this last pocket of the Allies in Burma can be eliminated soon.

Ch14_05_AlliedPocketBurma.jpg

I’ve started doing research on Destroyer techs, maybe it will help if I make a few and assign them to guarding Convoys.

31 August: Yugoslavia is liberated. I’m pretty disappointed in this. The USSR hasn’t been at war this entire game (before I declared on them), yet they seem to be doing pretty well against the battle-hardened veterans of the Axis powers. I really thought we’d be making better progress.

Ch14_06_RomaniaFront.jpg

1 September: Yugoslavia gets annexed by Bulgaria. Such is life, I guess.

10 September: I wish the Axis were a little more aggressive defending the Sofia area.

”Lash out! Use your aggressive feelings as a weapon” – The Emperor

Ch14_07_SofiaPic.jpg

11 September: South Pacific island hopping continues, currently being staged from Chinese-occupied Celebes.

Ch14_08_IslandAttack.jpg

This one seems to have Dutch troops and Aussie ships.

Ch14_09_IslandDefense.jpg

Hmm this doesn’t look good…

Ch14_10_USNAttack.jpg

28 September: Saudi Arabia defeats Yemen. For those who might have lost track, the Arabs are on our side. It’s past time to avenge themselves against the same Allies who reneged on their promises after the Great War.

29 September: I finally get Karachi.

5 October: I take Sinkiang’s capital, but they don’t surrender since I didn’t notice that they had taken one of my own Tibetan VPs elsewhere.

15 October: I reclaim my lost VP and Sinkiang gets annexed. So basically I get to annex these central Asian countries with worthless territory, while the juicy countries get to go into exile. Sinkiang does give me an extra 5 ICs that are nothing to sneeze at, which gets me up to 80. After all I’ve taken I’m finally at a point where I have more than I would have gotten from a faster expansion in China.

23 October: I’m heavily engaged by the USN while trying to take over another island, so I may have reached the limit of where I can expand without a serious navy. Sadly, my original Light Cruiser is sunk.

Agano_Sunkyahagi03.jpg

25 October: The Bulgarians have lost their capital and relocated to Greece.

Ch14_11_SofiaLost.jpg

Russland_Kampf_um_Stalingrad_Siegesflagge.jpg

26 October: Mexican troops launch a vicious attack near Karachi.

”Come at me with those raspberries! Be as vicious as you like!” – Fighting Instructor

Ch14_12_MexicanAttack.jpg

2 November: I really wish the Japanese would clean out this pocket so they can redeploy these troops elsewhere. I tried doing it myself, but every time a fully-supplied division crossed into the Japanese-held territory, the supply disappeared and the unit had its moves cancelled. I was going to launch a naval invasion there myself to deal with it, but that was before my navy was mauled.

Ch14_13_BurmaPocket.jpg

29 November: After waiting around for my ships to get some repair, I launch an invasion on the pocket. A big waste of resources, but these men have been sitting there far too long and the Japanese have bigger fish they need to be frying.

Ch14_14_AttackOnPpocket.jpg

2 December: The last British division in India is on the ropes. Now I can finally send these troops that have been doing mop-up duty to the west to help in the war with the Soviet Union. All the rest of India becomes mine on the 3rd.

Ch14_15_HQAttack.jpg

9 December: Oman surrenders to Saudi Arabia, the government goes into exile. That puts the whole Arabian Peninsula under the Axis banner, which should then allow those troops to be redirected to Persia.

Ch14_16_SaudiArabia.jpg

18 December: My redirected Indian troops are attacking out of Pakistan. Their opponents are Soviet troops given over to US control.

Ch14_17_PersiaAttack.jpg

27 December: I arrive at Sri Lanka to sweep the area clean of British troops. No longer will the Tamil children be forced to eat eel pie and blood pudding!

Ch14_18_SriLanka.jpg

That about wraps things up for now.

Last edited:
Yep, you definitely should have not dowed Romania, should have been Latvia and Estonia
Hopefully the distraction in Asia and Persia will keep them busy long enough for the European axis to organize

Yep, you definitely should have not dowed Romania, should have been Latvia and Estonia
Hopefully the distraction in Asia and Persia will keep them busy long enough for the European axis to organize

Hmm, either that, or Sweden and Finland.