• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I call your attention in this screenshot to the Netherlands' form of government and capital. AI Utrecht somehow pulled off a feat most players can only dream of.

Utrechtnetherlands.jpg

The AI forming the Netherlands is really not uncommon, and forming it oneself is only a matter of patience, planning, tactics, and ceasing the opportunity when it comes along.

The AI forming the Netherlands is really not uncommon, and forming it oneself is only a matter of patience, planning, tactics, and ceasing the opportunity when it comes along.

Well, yes, AI Netherlands I see quite often. But it's usually formed by Holland or Brabant, not Utrecht! And expanding within the HRE as a theocracy is quite difficult - personally I've never pulled it off.

10p0uwh.jpg

Was playing a game as Portugal where I decided not to interact with any Christian or Muslim nation. Well, Orleans has decided to slowly grow over a period of 200 years. She is one province away from forming France.
Let's see if I can find everything strange about this picture . . . Granada exists and is powerful, Orleans still exists and is powerful, the Papal States are powerful, Holland is powerful, the Ottomans are NOT powerful, Switzerland has more than its original 6 provinces :)P), Fez exists, Bulgaria exists, Ireland exists, Novgorod has been displaced . . . is that it? Have I missed anything?

Let's see if I can find everything strange about this picture . . . Granada exists and is powerful, Orleans still exists and is powerful, the Papal States are powerful, Holland is powerful, the Ottomans are NOT powerful, Switzerland has more than its original 6 provinces :)P), Fez exists, Bulgaria exists, Ireland exists, Novgorod has been displaced . . . is that it? Have I missed anything?
Byzantium exists but only in cyprus and moroco (which is really tripoli)

Lithuania is HUGE. Oh, wait, that's what always happens.

I call your attention in this screenshot to the Netherlands' form of government and capital. AI Utrecht somehow pulled off a feat most players can only dream of.

Utrechtnetherlands.jpg

Not to be a debby-downer or anything, but I formed the Netherlands by 1425 or so within a week of obtaining EU3. It's really not that much of an achievement.

But how often do you see the AI do it?

eu317o.png

I found this funny because you don't often see this sort of thing happening.... oh and fyi the Teutonics were reformed into prussia. Collapsed under poland's onslaught..... Then both were force-released from poland by me and then poland moved back in and re-annexed both, only for them to rebel from Lituania after their PU exploded which tore apart Lithuania into a minor country after every single minor between the GH, the balkans, and Russia also rebeled..... then the new prussia annexed the TO, they rebeled, which ended them with a monarchy....

Not to be a debby-downer or anything, but I formed the Netherlands by 1425 or so within a week of obtaining EU3. It's really not that much of an achievement.

As Utrecht?

Anyways, forming the Netherlands is mostly getting a "claims on our rivals" event. At least for Holland, for Utrecht you might need 2. Suddenly you no longer have a meddling emperor because you have CBs, and instant cores on everything you need. Also, is it just me, or does Holland not have a single good mission? "Royal Marriage, Royal Marriage, Improve relations, accumulate money, protect against brabant, royal marriage"

As Utrecht?

Anyways, forming the Netherlands is mostly getting a "claims on our rivals" event. At least for Holland, for Utrecht you might need 2. Suddenly you no longer have a meddling emperor because you have CBs, and instant cores on everything you need. Also, is it just me, or does Holland not have a single good mission? "Royal Marriage, Royal Marriage, Improve relations, accumulate money, protect against brabant, royal marriage"

You can also fight along with others, though it happens far too often the war's over before you could get a deal yourself.

might as well, here's some on-topic stuff:

#1: looks like map cache is noticing me that it needs an urgent clean up...

earlyamerica01.jpg

#2: so this is the thing Mátyás I. Corvin fought for in all his life? conquering Bohemia two times, conquering Vienna, seizing Austria from the Habsburgs, defeating Holy Roman Emperor Frederick III... and after (before) all that... this simple?! just in some 15 years?!

I've never seen Hungary actually gaining the title of Emperor... I was so surprised, I even forgot to take a proper screenshot...

hungarianemperor.jpg

might as well, here's some on-topic stuff:

#1: looks like map cache is noticing me that it needs an urgent clean up...

earlyamerica01.jpg

#2: so this is the thing Mátyás I. Corvin fought for in all his life? conquering Bohemia two times, conquering Vienna, seizing Austria from the Habsburgs, defeating Holy Roman Emperor Frederick III... and after (before) all that... this simple?! just in some 15 years?!

I've never seen Hungary actually gaining the title of Emperor... I was so surprised, I even forgot to take a proper screenshot...

hungarianemperor.jpg

Also, they get an event: Emperor is Dead... and regency concuil...

It's a bit odd that EU3 doesn't reflect any of this. I mean, his capital was in Vienna for almost a decade, but if you load up EU3 during those years you'll see ~100k Austrian soldiers on the Hungarian border while Hungary itself only has a total of ~40k.