• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Please fix every duke wanting the crown. Every time I press a claim for someone else they always swing from a positive ~100 opinion to a negative ~100 opinion. It doesn't matter if they are part of my kingdom or not. This is making playing the game a chore as I want to be able to have a realistic chain of command and not have 10 dukes in prison all the time. Actually this makes the game unplayable because the game moves at a crawl when there is constant war. In fact, I won't be purchasing any expansions or even playing the game any more until this is fixed. Hopefully other people wrote about it too, it might be in the developer diaries, I'm not sure because I'd rather read one of the books I'm currently reading than updates about a game.

Lately I have been playing a lot of ck2 (I hadn't in awhile). First I thought I was doing something wrong so I restarted and tried to just please my vassels. Obviously I failed or I wouldn't be writing this. Then I noticed every other country (france, england, everyone) was putting down a plot or rebellion of some kind all the time! This is the kind of game I'd expect if I checked the more aggressive ai box. Also, these rebellions have zero chance of success! These dukes are essentially destroying themselves and their families. Really, fix this, it sucks

Strong Empires - Late on in a campaign the game can get a bit dull as you are just mopping up small nations and preparing yourself for the revolts after your latest ruler dies. This is not good gameplay. I would like to see it be more difficult to revolt against kings and almost impossible to revolt against an empire for any rank vassal lower than a king. It is just not right that a county or a duchy can revolt against an emperor.

The end of the game needs to have warring empires and kingdoms, who have grown and become more and more powerful. Instead, at the moment the only power getting stronger is the player's. The Holy Roman Empire fracturing is something I see too often and stops the empire from expanding and becoming a real threat, in turn allowing the player to divide and conquer rather than bothering to use any of the intricate features (marriage, elective ruler, all out war, ect) that make the game what it is.

Emperor Benefits - Apart from being just another title, an emperor should have some opinion benefits.

Internal Conflicts - When vassals are at war you only get a simple message and it can easily be forgotten or, even worse, you won't know if it is still going on or not. A conflicts tab and internal conflicts tab would be helpful for external and internal wars.

Playable Holy Knight Orders

a monastery (a place for all this old mature ladies who are in my court and for "parking" some incapable descendants)

and to play 100 Years longer.

I love the 1337 scenario but it is too short.

Strong Empires - Late on in a campaign the game can get a bit dull as you are just mopping up small nations and preparing yourself for the revolts after your latest ruler dies. This is not good gameplay. I would like to see it be more difficult to revolt against kings and almost impossible to revolt against an empire for any rank vassal lower than a king. It is just not right that a county or a duchy can revolt against an emperor.

The end of the game needs to have warring empires and kingdoms, who have grown and become more and more powerful. Instead, at the moment the only power getting stronger is the player's. The Holy Roman Empire fracturing is something I see too often and stops the empire from expanding and becoming a real threat, in turn allowing the player to divide and conquer rather than bothering to use any of the intricate features (marriage, elective ruler, all out war, ect) that make the game what it is.

Emperor Benefits - Apart from being just another title, an emperor should have some opinion benefits.

Internal Conflicts - When vassals are at war you only get a simple message and it can easily be forgotten or, even worse, you won't know if it is still going on or not. A conflicts tab and internal conflicts tab would be helpful for external and internal wars.

I disagree. If anything Empires and Kingdoms are too stable in the late game and never seem to fracture. My late games always consist of a Huge and powerful HRE and often England and France as well. Whenever a Duke revolts he gets crushed instantly.

Please make the GUI more moddable. My biggest frustrations with this game right now is the UI. Not that it's horrible, but this game requires lots of clicking around and there are a number of buttons that I would like to add. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, you're unable to add GUI buttons that do anything new, at the moment. I would like, for example, to add a button to the character details that takes you straight to the county that that character is currently in.

Please make the GUI more moddable. My biggest frustrations with this game right now is the UI. Not that it's horrible, but this game requires lots of clicking around and there are a number of buttons that I would like to add. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, you're unable to add GUI buttons that do anything new, at the moment. I would like, for example, to add a button to the character details that takes you straight to the county that that character is currently in.

If the UI is able to be modded in the future, please send me a way to add an educate button like the marriage one. Please.

When the patch comes out, will you all make a new thread to repost this all in or get this thread renamed to 1.07 wishlist which i reckon would be the better of the two methods.

Biggest request id have right now, is a button to tick to turn down nominations for an elective title. Maybe restricted so ambitious characters cant click it.
But you shouldnt have elective empire titles forced on you, saying no ought to be a choice.

Better in-game messaging options.

Example: I'd like to receive a message from any city or temple baronies I build improvements in. If I control the county barony, I should be able to receive messages when improvement projects complete in city & temple baronies. Right now, the game only sends you messages on improvement projects for feudal baronies aka castles. This needs to be modified. I've reviewed ALL my in-game message settings & find no where to change this.

Gets extremely tedious to have to manually keep checking these type of holdings to see if their building projects have completed.

1) Sending old ladies to a convent
2) My 1-yo grandson should not be able to 'favor himself' in an Elective country. Waaay tooo yoooung!

Seconded, though the 'old ladies' of noble heritage always stayed in the court at that time. So it's realistic I guess. But yes, maybe the player should be able to mod it. Or just try to avoid it. Or kill them if you're cruel :p

Copied from another post:

I have other family members who control counties etc, but for some reason the game will still end if you yourself do not have an heir. This is really irritating. I don't care if I lose a kingdom or an empire. As long as a family/dynasty member lives, I should be able to play the game any further, or at LEAST watch how it unfolds and how they do.

Seconded, though the 'old ladies' of noble heritage always stayed in the court at that time. So it's realistic I guess. But yes, maybe the player should be able to mod it. Or just try to avoid it. Or kill them if you're cruel :p

Copied from another post:

I have other family members who control counties etc, but for some reason the game will still end if you yourself do not have an heir. This is really irritating. I don't care if I lose a kingdom or an empire. As long as a family/dynasty member lives, I should be able to play the game any further, or at LEAST watch how it unfolds and how they do.

That doesnt happen for me. My Imperial line were overthrown and i ended up playing a distant cousin count in the other corner of the world with my former character as a landless courtier. Are you fully patched?

As for convents and monasteries, really anyone ought to be able to be sent to one. Maybe a landless title and have them treated like priests so removed from the succession. Situations would have to be in place to make it un-exploitable though.

That doesnt happen for me. My Imperial line were overthrown and i ended up playing a distant cousin count in the other corner of the world with my former character as a landless courtier. Are you fully patched?

As for convents and monasteries, really anyone ought to be able to be sent to one. Maybe a landless title and have them treated like priests so removed from the succession. Situations would have to be in place to make it un-exploitable though.

Ow. It didn't happen yet, but the note on top of the screen said my 'game would end' without a successor. Sorry for the wrong info if this is true.

Anyway it seems to me that Emperors and Kings are generally not concerned with who they marry. I can send them random courtiers to marry which will screw up their prestige score (-100?), and they don't even bother? Maybe their demands should be a little higher. But perhaps it's ok this way, just my 2 cents. I hope they at least block when you send them 39y old, skill-less women. :p

Last edited:

I had the situation Marginal0 described when playing as Ireland. So it seems to be unreliable.

I had the situation Marginal0 described when playing as Ireland. So it seems to be unreliable.

Id suggest opening a thread in the bug reports forum about it

It would be nice to control who your family members marry once you they leave your court for some reason (being the child of a vassal for instance). The AI doesn't always pursue marriage. It's kind of a drag to invite them back to your court for the sole purpose of marrying them away. If you vassal out your sons before you marry them, it's also hard to set them up with a good wife.

I'm looking forward to the possibility of destroying titles, because in my latest game I tried to expand the de jure kingdom of Bavaria to in the end substitute the HRE. Without being able to use claims on other kingdoms this is quite hard.

A thing that would be interesting, although I'm not sure if it's possible, is the creation of titular kingdom titles for independent dukes. In my first serious game I tried to create a Dutch kingdom as the duke of Brabant, but I didn't realise there was no de jure kingdom to be created de facto. Adding more de jure kingdoms has solved this problem, but it gave me this idea. If an independent duke could create a titular kingdom, which after a reduced amount of time assimilates its original duchies to become a de jure landed kingdom, that would make the game more dynamic.

I'm looking forward to the possibility of destroying titles, because in my latest game I tried to expand the de jure kingdom of Bavaria to in the end substitute the HRE. Without being able to use claims on other kingdoms this is quite hard.

Is in the patch. Look at the last Dev Diary.

A thing that would be interesting, although I'm not sure if it's possible, is the creation of titular kingdom titles for independent dukes. In my first serious game I tried to create a Dutch kingdom as the duke of Brabant, but I didn't realise there was no de jure kingdom to be created de facto. Adding more de jure kingdoms has solved this problem, but it gave me this idea. If an independent duke could create a titular kingdom, which after a reduced amount of time assimilates its original duchies to become a de jure landed kingdom, that would make the game more dynamic.

I don't really like this... Thats not very historic. Look at all the independent states of the Rus. No one of them make itself to a kingdom. Also not one of the many historical Italian states etc.

I saw the Dev Diary, it was just an off-topic comment on the feature. (Although it is on my wishlist)

I agree it might not be historic, but most games are far from realistic in the end. Having the possibility, however, does make it less static. To discourage it it might come with big reductions in prestige and piety, possible excommunication and a generated cb for the de jure liege. I wouldn't like having new kingdoms pop up constantly, but I would like being able to do something like this if I'm intent on it.

I saw the Dev Diary, it was just an off-topic comment on the feature. (Although it is on my wishlist)

I agree it might not be historic, but most games are far from realistic in the end. Having the possibility, however, does make it less static. To discourage it it might come with big reductions in prestige and piety, possible excommunication and a generated cb for the de jure liege. I wouldn't like having new kingdoms pop up constantly, but I would like being able to do something like this if I'm intent on it.

It said it does have costs, yes, and a -50 opinion for all de jure vassals.

I would like to see a "fear factor" in executions. If I have that one vassal who is always giving me problems and even rebelling, I should be able to execute him to set an example to my other vassals. Yeah, it should have a relations penalty, but it should also have a factor of reducing the chances that other vassals will rebel. Of course, execute too often and you get a civil war (think like Robert's Rebellion in the Game of Thrones series) but executing shouldnt be all bad.

Also Id like an option to mediate between your vassals if they are fighting.

Last edited: