• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
True, that might be a bit questionable if it's indeed widespread. I don't have much of a problem with it myself.

Don't worry, I won't mention it again. The sig is enough advertisement as far as I'm concerned.

Heh, having no America in the game kind of prevents this! :D

Fwew. I was almost worried you'd try :D

Well you aren't getting one. :p I've caught up to the game and won't have access to EU III before Monday. So that's the earliest time when an update is possible, and even that is doubtful as I'm busy.

(other feedback to follow later)

Well you aren't getting one. :p I've caught up to the game and won't have access to EU III before Monday.

What, you haven't installed EUIII on your toaster yet?

Have you too installed EuIII to your oven too !!! :D

My oven doesn't support Pixelshader 2.0, and my wife won't let me upgrade. I use my oven to play Crusader Kings.

It must be hard to cope withthose new world dragoons and the military advantage they give you. You bear up under the strain rather well, though. Spain you have more of less boxed in, Portugal is still spreading like some contagion.

Haha, yeah it's tough sometimes but I'm a strong person. :D I'll have to work to contain Portugal. They're indeed a bit larger than I'd like.

Don't worry, I won't mention it again. The sig is enough advertisement as far as I'm concerned.

Curse you, I ended up using a few hours of the aforementioned "no access to EU III" time (i.e. a weekend visit to my parents' place) going through some of those threads. ;) I just might have to join a game when I have more free time.

Fwew. I was almost worried you'd try :D

Well, CK is by far my favorite of the pre-Clausewitz titles...

What, you haven't installed EUIII on your toaster yet?

Unfortunately, I don't have a toaster! :rofl:

Have you too installed EuIII to your oven too !!! :D

...and interestingly, I have no oven either unless you count microwave. :p Mind you, I'd very much like one but my kitchenette is just too damn small.

My oven doesn't support Pixelshader 2.0, and my wife won't let me upgrade. I use my oven to play Crusader Kings.

Sounds familiar - the computer I have at my parents' house doesn't have Pixelshader 2.0 so I often play Crusader Kings there if I'm staying for a longer time. :D

Cool ^_^
And now... It's mondayy where is our update rawr!

It was 6.30 in the morning when you posted that. Your level of expectations is a bit scary. :rofl:

Where is the update ouinnnnnnnnn :((((

I had it done early on Monday but decided to try and flush some lurkers out into the open first. :D No seriously, I'm very busy these days and playing, writing and doing the screenshots unfortunately took me three evenings this time.

Good to have you two reading!

Chapter Fifty-eight
1663-1665

So, as we were still at war with Spain when we DoWed Portugal, they can't join in. England also dishonors their alliance, so it's us against Portugal and DotF Mallorca.

During the first month, we head into Catacamas (the only Central American province the Portuguese have left) and fight a few naval battles. Three Portuguese warships and three transports are sunk, while we capture a 17th Century Galleon.

As 1664 rolls around, our Tobacco Producer bonus upgrades thanks to the provinces we took from Spain.

61_01.jpg

Catacamas is successfully assaulted, while we slowly start sieges in other enemy lands. In the end of the month we beat the only notable army in Portugal's southern North American holdings.

61_02.jpg

The next months are spent spreading for sieges and pushing through the TI in the north to reach more Portuguese territory.

Production tech level 29 is reached in March.

We lose 0.25 WE by completing a mission to save Mehinaco, which had a rebel siege.

Arriving in the first enemy province in the north, we face an army of decent size. However, the battle turns out to be easier than you'd expect.

61_03.jpg

Portugal then runs a transport right into our blockade, allowing us to capture it.

Puelch grows into a city in April, while we get a mission to colonize Apinaye. It's an inland South American province so it's not really a priority, but since the mission reward is a colonist, it's essentially a free colony.

Hungary keeps going down as Poland forces them to release Moldavia.

We get a pretty fun event in June.

61_04.jpg

Fun in the sense that maps like this...

61_05.jpg

...and this...

61_06.jpg

...kind of look like they belong in some other AAR. :D

The revolt in Matagalpa is particularly interesting as it reminds us of the effects of the Incas' rise. It's not just the European nations that have suffered compared to how they did historically, but some of their great people have also been relegated to play somewhat less spectacular roles in this version of world history.

61_07.jpg

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. Mallorca has shown no interest at all in this war, and their WE was pretty high to start with, so I check if they'd accept white peace. Turns out that they would.

61_08.jpg

I get 2 army tradition from a mission as we retake the colony that we took from Portugal earlier but lost when the army kept exploring. Soon after, we lose another 0.25 WE when we save Hadai from rebels.

200 people migrate from Galapagos to another colony, Tarahumano, via event in August.

61_09.jpg

Seems that Galapagos will take a long time to reach city status.

Our first gains from the Spanish - the Spanish part of the Central American connection - core in September. In the middle of the month, the Catholic rebellion has finally been fully crushed.

A bit later, we get our first successful siege and win a relatively major battle in the north.

I decide to colonize Ozaagii. This connects Ho-Chunk, and possible future gains, to our other lands, and completely blocks Spain in this area.

61_10.jpg

Tenharim in South America cores in November, while we get Production tech level 30. Still full neighbor bonus there.

After a few minor victories, we experience our first lost battle in late December. However, the Portuguese suffer more casualties than the Incas do and we have backup forces close to keep our defeated men safe.

61_11.jpg

Chechehet on the South American coast grows into a city in January 1665. We then win a few more sieges, including one that forces eleven Portuguese warships out of port and to their destruction, before smallpox strikes.

61_12.jpg

So, a new natural disaster to lose citizens to. Where do I sign?

Over 5000 people, or seventy percent of Cocotame's population, die of this foreign disease.

After over 25 years on the throne, Pachacutec II dies on February 1st. Not a talented man by any means, he overachieved and ended up having a great reign. His history screen is several thousand pixels high so I'm leaving this one out for practical reasons - some highlights of his time include connecting Inca Empire's South American and Central American holdings, ejecting the Europeans from South America, and starting the journey north.

He is replaced by Huayna Capac II, as rotten an administrator as his predecessor, but a very capable Sapa Inca in other matters.

61_13.jpg

He's a Knowledged Tactician (+10% land force limits modifier). Legitimacy is full so I can save some money by only having a small celebration.

Later in the month we lose a point of stability due to an event. Fortunately, it takes less than a year to recover.

After a lot of won sieges lately, I start assaulting any remaining provinces that I want to take in a peace deal. By April 4th we have occupied all provinces of interest.

However, Portugal won't even accept white peace. I contemplate invading Europe, but decide that it would be overkill - I'm only looking to force a value 11 peace here. Instead, I split the fleet into a few parts and send some invasion forces to hunt any small Portuguese garrisons for warscore.

Paikawa converts in July, and I choose to do my mission in October as I have a spare colonist.

Also in October, we go as far as Sierra Leone to eliminate a regiment - the Incas have landed in the Old World.

61_14.jpg

Many of Portugal's Atlantic islands have also suffered a landing and the slaughter of their defenders.

After some more minor losses, the Portuguese have had enough. As a bonus, they're willing to accept a better peace than I expected, so they're forced to renounce all of their claims and give some cash in addition to ceding the provinces I want.

61_15.jpg

We add three provinces in the north in addition to the seized colony, bringing the Incas to the Great Lakes area...

61_16.jpg

...take seven provinces from Portugal's southern North American holdings...

61_17.jpg

...and finish Central America by taking Portugal's last province there.

61_18.jpg

Note the huge letters! We're starting to look intimidating. :D

About time someone else had a proper map :D

Some nice gains there, looks like you're on course for the Americas - in big scary letters :rofl:

Sorry to derail the thread but for what it's worth I'm not planning another AAR at the moment. There's a huge contract we're bidding for - if it lands in the autumn then I'm going to try for the section manager role that my department will need and that will be a lot of work but it'll be high enough profile that I can aim further up the ladder in a couple of years - it's not a status or money thing althought they are nice - it's about interesting challenges which you might have spotted I quite like ;)

Of course if we don't get the work I might start thinking about another AAR if I can find a goal I like the look of!

Also I haven't managed to get into DW - I may try again when 5.1 final comes out. V2 is OK - got Panjab up to 6 - but I'm actually thinking about trying Divergences...