• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Poland shall fall!!!
I hope. :D

yay! :D

Nooooo!

*Prays for Ottoman invasion of Constaninople*

Stop fighting your own culture group and do something about the Turks! That red on the map should be replaced with Byzantine purple!

:rofl: Ohh you and your nationalism... :D

The Poles don't stand a chance against the combined might of Slovakia, Sweden and Hungary :D

That's the hope for this one... :)

Looking forward to a full-scale war.:)

Please tell me you've got new culverins. I loved those cannons.

Hahaha, I'll let you in on a secret: we built new ones!

Great update

Thank you, sir! :)

The map shall once again be redrawn! For great justice!

Whaaaa? When? How? I don't see such information anywhere.

I see it right here:

That March, King Karl II died at age 79 leaving no direct heir. As such, the Kingdom of Sweden and Norway passed to the grandson of Karl's eldest daughter. The grandson in question just so happened to be the newly crowned King of Pomerania. Thus, a super state of Norway, Sweden and Pomerania was created with Vladjo's nephew-in-law on the throne.

Mind you, it could be a PU

So Pomerania inherited Sweden? Strange things indeed...

The Slavic people are certainly on the rise...

Yes indeed! :D Weee! slavia! Now we've just got to stop killing ourselves... :p

Aha! Just noticed. Big mistake on your part. The poles shall use them against you once again!

Whaaaa? When? How? I don't see such information anywhere.

:rofl: We'll put special pole-proof protections on the culverins... :D Ahaha, Salik gets it right here with the selection thusly quoted... :)

I see it right here:

Mind you, it could be a PU

That's the selection! Though it was a full on annexation... I was culminating Pommerania as allies for a while to use against a possible war vs. Brandenburg, so when they inherited Sweden I was like WOOOOOOOHOOOOO! :D

Pommerania inherited Sweden. Now that's what you call unrealistic.

Pole-proof protections? We'll probably steal them. :p And then we'll steal the culverins.

Highly unrealistic, but hey, I can't skip around like the biggest event of the 1400s in game... :D

Ahahaha! I doubt it... :eek::rofl:

Demokratickid, in recognition of the brilliance of this AAR thus far, I hearby award you the very first Irish Shamrock Cookie ( )!
(It's only a SLIGHT rip-off of Lord Strange. [He said I could do it as well])

Feel free to include this in your signature, or wherever else. Location, perhaps.

Oh, and I'll let YOU in on a secret... (it's because of the culverins!:D)

Demokratickid, in recognition of the brilliance of this AAR thus far, I hearby award you the very first Irish Shamrock Cookie ( )!
(It's only a SLIGHT rip-off of Lord Strange. [He said I could do it as well])

Feel free to include this in your signature, or wherever else. Location, perhaps.

Oh, and I'll let YOU in on a secret... (it's because of the culverins!:D)

GOOD SWEET MARY AND BABY JESUS! I have been greatly honoured, sir! :D I will put this in my sig and inkwell on the double, nay, triple! :D Culverins do win honours! :D

p.s.- Update sometime this week, as soon as I can get things rolling with the end of my other AAR... :)

Wait, didn't Bratsilva burned earlier?
Those wacky Slovaks gotta stop messing around with fire. :p

Uhhh, it burned once and once only... It was besiged by POles but it didn't light up that time, IIRC... :)

Vladjo IV
Part Two 1489-1494
~In which maps are redrawn~

As winter gave way to spring of 1489, the trumpets of war blasted throughout the borderlands of Poland as 28,000 Slovaks, 35,000 Pommeranians and 30,000 Hungarians marched into Polish and Moldovan territory. The 93,000 troops of the coalition, though commanded by many men of differing views and divergent tactics, acted as though in cohesion. In the south, Hungary cleared up Wallachia as promised and quickly sent troops north into the Polish Black Sea territories and Moldavia. In the center, the Slovaks looted and pillaged southern Poland while leaving the old Slovak territories of Silesia untouched. In the north, vast armies of Pommeranian, Swedish and Norwegian origin poured like great Nordic locusts upon the Baltic coast and into the hinterland of northern Poland.

Poland, though deeply wary of the alliance, were not prepared for the breadth of the attack and were not at all ready for the consequences of the Hungarian invasion. By the end of June, over a quarter of Poland lay under the jackboot of Germano-Slavic-Magyar occupation. The stolen culverins were of little use, as the Slovaks captured them back in a great battle near Warsaw. There was a brief moment of panic when the Polish wheeled out brand new artillery which had never been stolen before, but it was so poorly deployed that it had a negligible effect on the outcome of the battle before it too was captured. Upon being examined by Slovak artillerymen, it was found to be made in such a slap-dash manner that only one more firing would break it. Which is exactly what they did. During the siege of Warsaw, Slovak troops buried the canon under the city walls and blew it up with 130 men on the ramparts above. The gaping hole allowed the Slovaks to rush in and essentially seal the fate of Poland.

All of this had been accomplished within a relatively short amount of time, from April of 1489 to August of 1489. In October, Lithuania declared war on Poland as well and her fate was essentially sealed. After a bitter battle near Kobryn, Poland finally gave into peace demands on November 2, 1489 after a mere seven months of war. The treaty of Warsaw saw the regaining of lost Slovak lands in Silesia, and the addition of some strips of land along the borders including a bridgehead over the river Vistula east of Krakow. The Hungarians took all of Wallachia. Pommerania took the four Polish baltic territories, including the vastly wealthy city of Danzig. As for Modavia, she was vassalized by Slovakia and restored to her pre-Steffan territories. Lithuania made peace with Poland shortly thereafter taking the rest of the Polish territories along the Black Sea. By 1490, Poland was once more a landlocked country. Though Bavaria was at war, no troops ever made the treck. This did not offend Vladjo IV as it was deemed unnecessary from the beginning.

CentralEurope1490.gif

Meanwhile, rumblings to the south saw the Byzantines and the Ottomans on the edge of war. Recent clashes between the Turks and the minor Asian sultanates saw the evisceration of all Ottoman territory in Asia. Now, only northern Greece, Albania, Macedonia and Bulgaria were occupied by the Turks. With the tensions rising all throughout 1490 and 1491, a crusade was called for by Pope Innocent VIII on his deathbed in 1492. Heeding the call were Hungary, Slovakia, Byzantium (obviously not for 'catholic' reasons...) and Serbia.

The great armies, still 'high' off their victories in Poland, rushed southward towards the border and a row with the desperate Ottoman forces. Great victories in Bulgaria and Albania were won by the coalition of forces, and with the Byzantines pushed from the east defeat for the Ottomans was imminent. However, some lucky victories staved off defeat until 1494. In that year, the treaty of Constantinople was signed essentially destroying all but a small part of the Ottoman Empire. The Byzantines took the rest of Greece and a larger chunk of Thrace. The Serbians took a strip of land in Albania and Bulgaria, and Bulgaria was set as a vassal of the Hungarians. The Ottomans were left to their city of Thessaloniki and nothing more. The Slovaks recieved the largest sum of all, taking 200,000 ducats as pay for their troubles.

CentralEurope1494.gif

For these brilliant wars over a five year span, Vladjo IV was given the not-completely-deserved title of the 'Cisár blýska' or Lightning King, for the speed of the wars he conducted. Why was the title not completely deserved? He set up the diplomacy for the wars, and his able generals whose names we have long marginalized like Palaý or Táýak deserve more credit than they have received.

Times looked good for the Slovak nation, though their position and power put them diametrically at odds with Hungary. Despite the 'detente' of 1488-1494, things were once more heating up along the Hungaro-Slovak border.

I see you got my Culverins back.:D And cruel irony there, using their own cannons to blow up the wall....:rofl:
Ooh, after retrieving the cannons I'm sorely tempted to give you another Cookie.

EDIT: Remember THIS picture?
culverin2.jpg