• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Loving this DLC so far and its looks. Its very well done.

Now, I have a small problem with the Brandenburgers unit, I added them to a fallshirmjager division and I cannot remove it, neither with the menu or the tangent combination. They are "stuck". Any solution to this?

And may I add a few request for your patch: para-engineers, I miss them. Could we have them as a option when we research paradrop equipment, please? Feels wierd not having them when the dlc focus a large bit on Göring and his fallshirmjägers.

Second request is: assault guns, tank-destroyers etc. I don't want the SS-units, I can play the ice-mod for that, but these generic tank-support units should be mandatory in every dlc, IMO.

And then my last one is: fix the German core providences of the concqured Polen. Now I need to place garrison units in Danzig and all over to stop rebels from popping up. I shouldn't need to do that. Its annoying.

Again, a very well done dlc. Could you do one for Japan?

I have a request.

Can you allow the user to choose whether to sack Bloomberg/Fritsch or not? I'd need those two field marshals early on in my game. Of course, keeping them should result in penalties of some form. What do you think?

@Kalstor: I'll see about the new units, this is not planned for the moment.
Danzig should be core if you use the danzig or war decision, do you have partisan even when it is core?

I have a request.

Can you allow the user to choose whether to sack Bloomberg/Fritsch or not? I'd need those two field marshals early on in my game. Of course, keeping them should result in penalties of some form. What do you think?

Please then come with an example of penalty because I don't see how Hitler would have accepted to keep them.

thx it works now,hw how to avoid such intricate path?Any easier method?

Make a shortcut of this hoi3 file to your desktop?
I am happy it works anyway. :)

Now, I have a small problem with the Brandenburgers unit, I added them to a fallshirmjager division and I cannot remove it, neither with the menu or the tangent combination. They are "stuck". Any solution to this?

And may I add a few request for your patch: para-engineers, I miss them. Could we have them as a option when we research paradrop equipment, please? Feels wierd not having them when the dlc focus a large bit on Göring and his fallshirmjägers.

Second request is: assault guns, tank-destroyers etc. I don't want the SS-units, I can play the ice-mod for that, but these generic tank-support units should be mandatory in every dlc, IMO.

And then my last one is: fix the German core providences of the concqured Polen. Now I need to place garrison units in Danzig and all over to stop rebels from popping up. I shouldn't need to do that. Its annoying.

Hey Kalstor in my sub-mod for Dies Irae. I have included 90% of all German WWII Assault Guns/Heavy Assault Guns/Light Tank Destroyers/Medium Tank Destroyers/ Heavy Tank Destroyers with correct techs and stats. See Here

I can add the Para-engineers if Devildread don't have the time for it. But I would made it event based. (You get an event if you want to activate para-engineer or not).

@Kalstor: I'll see about the new units, this is not planned for the moment.
Danzig should be core if you use the danzig or war decision, do you have partisan even when it is core?

Please then come with an example of penalty because I don't see how Hitler would have accepted to keep them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hossbach_Memorandum

Here's an excerpt of the wikipedia link regarding Hossbach Memorandum that took place in Nov 1937:
" ... After the conference, three of the attendees, Blomberg, Fritsch and Neurath, all argued that the foreign policy Hitler had outlined was too risky—Germany needed more time to re-arm. Additionally, they stated that the "contingencies" Hitler described as the prerequisite for war were too unlikely to occur ... ...
... As such, Fritsch, Blomberg and Neurath advised Hitler to wait until Germany had more time to re-arm before pursuing a high-risk strategy of pursuing localized wars that was likely to trigger a general war before Germany was ready for such a war (none of those present at the conference had any moral objections to Hitler’s strategy, with which they were in basic agreement; only the question of timing divided them)
... By February 1938, Neurath, Fritsch and Blomberg had been removed from their positions. Some historians, such as Sir John Wheeler-Bennett and William L. Shirer, believed that Blomberg, Fritsch and Neurath were removed because of their opposition to the plans expressed in the Hossbach memorandum."

My proposed penalty for keeping Von Blomberg/Von Fritsch:
Because retaining the two field marshalls would imply Hitler's endorsement of the delayed war plan by Blomberg and Fritsch, I'd suggest that either the research difficulty for Operation Fall Weiss (ex. from 0 to 5) or any other subsequent operations be raised, or certain operations be disabled should the player choose the no-sack option.

I can't really think of any better alternatives right now, but i'll let you know when I do. I'm not even sure if it's even technically feasible to implement the suggestion. And maybe you're right, sacking them may make the most sense to those players who want to strictly follow the historical path anyway.

No I agree with you, the player should be offered the choice but I thought about it and didn't think anything good to make.
My first attempt was a neutrality raise, and then make Anschluss, Munich and such to need a neutrality under X but this is frustrating for the player at the end and not very fun "Okay I keep those two guys but I can't play before 1939".

Dissent and such is too big, since nobody really care about them in the population.

This is not easy to model and this is why I gave up and made it mandatory to demote them. Your idea is not feasible by the way, but if someone come with something good I'd be glad to change my mind. :)

About the "stuck" unit, try to remove the leader from the division first, that is select "no leader". A single brigade can't have a leader, so I've before ecperienced probloems with that. It locks if it thinks the leader should go to the single brigade, or something like that.

No I agree with you, the player should be offered the choice but I thought about it and didn't think anything good to make.
My first attempt was a neutrality raise, and then make Anschluss, Munich and such to need a neutrality under X but this is frustrating for the player at the end and not very fun "Okay I keep those two guys but I can't play before 1939".

Dissent and such is too big, since nobody really care about them in the population.

This is not easy to model and this is why I gave up and made it mandatory to demote them. Your idea is not feasible by the way, but if someone come with something good I'd be glad to change my mind. :)

Why not it set of a chain of events that either leads to the removal of more officers or the slider movements for the top 3 sliders away from normal directions. Allowing these officers to stay would have been a major hit to Hitlers power to control the army.

Why not it set of a chain of events that either leads to the removal of more officers or the slider movements for the top 3 sliders away from normal directions. Allowing these officers to stay would have been a major hit to Hitlers power to control the army.

This becomes to big in ahistoricity. I don't want to rethink the whole DLC. ^^

I can add to the people who say Italy easily wins in N. Africa. I dont know if it was scripted, but around when France fell in late '39 Italy unleashed at least a dozen divisions out of no where across N. Africa and nothing stopped them. A decent sized British force showed up when the Italians were nearing Alexandria but were quickly outflanked. Its mid '40 I'm now watching as the Italians continue into the middle east while besieging the British forces in the few provinces they still have around Alexandria.

I want to note that I used all of the operation techs so France falling in '39 wasn't due to a big ahistorically rushed game. I also want to say that you deserve a fricken medal for the -55 unity event when Paris falls! It was absolutely ridiculous that the player would have to take all of France in Vanilla.

Last edited:
I just sent a quite long message to GG support demanding a refund, hopefully I'll get it and buy the DLC with Impulse instead.

I had the same error message when I tried to install the mod the first time. All I had to do was to uninstall HOI3, remove any folders/files left behind due to modding and then clean the registry from any leftovers. Finally after a reboot, re-install the game, add SF, patch it up and then installing the mod went just fine.

Not much of a hassle if you just take a moment to tinker around. Just remember if you have any specific saves you want to keep to make backups of them and notes on what they were and on what mod/version and such (at least I do that so that I don't forget what was what and on which mod).

Out of curiosity, how does Paradox deem which mods are worthy of having people have to pay for them? Or, do they just send a team out to make something?

Just bought it, hopefully there won't be massive slowdown like on the core game. :rolleyes:

Could you please make a screenshot of your map not having the Kriegsmarine squares?

The problem is that I didn't have advanced water turned on in the options. I wasn't aware that Kriegsmarine squares were a feature of the advanced water option. I've never used the advanced water option before because it has always made the oceans look pale and washed out (instead of a better, darker blue). Anyway, thanks for your responses and thanks for making HOI3 a much better game.

Does this DLC still have the "not enough infrastructure" when you tried to invade places thing that semper fi had? It ruined HOI3 for me on steam since DLC's can't be uninstalled, and I really loved HOI3.

Last edited:

Alright... I got one more for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermann_G%C3%B6ring#Early_Nazi

"In 1938, Göring forced out the War Minister, Field Marshal von Blomberg, and the Army commander, General von Fritsch. They had welcomed Hitler's accession in 1933, but then annoyed him by criticising his plans for expansionist wars. Göring, who had been best man at Blomberg's recent wedding to a 26-year-old typist, discovered that the young woman was a former prostitute, and blackmailed him into resigning. Fritsch was accused of homosexual activity and, though completely innocent, resigned in shock and disgust. He was later exonerated by a "court of honor" presided over by Göring."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blomberg-Fritsch_Affair

"Members of the German officer corps were appalled at Fritsch's maltreatment and, in the next meeting, Himmler, Göring, and even Hitler might have come under pressure from them.[4] "

"Soon it became known that the charges were false—the file was about someone with a similar name: Rittmeister von Frisch. Himmler then presented a witness who supported the charge. The Wehrmacht demanded that an honour court of officers examine the Blomberg–Fritsch Affair as it had come to be known. "

Proposal:
Players are given two options
1. Sack Blomberg/Fritsch (as leaders and ministers)
2. Sack Goring (as leader and minister)

The logic is simple and easy to be implemented. Why Goring? Well, obviously because of his active involvement in this game of power struggle. The idea of selecting option 2 is an abstraction of assigning someone else other than Goring to preside at the military court which ultimately leads to the discovery of wrongdoings and sacking of Goring (actually, Hilter himself too, but let's just agree that we'll leave him alone.)

There is an important ramification to this. It'll terminate the four-year plan for sure. Who's going to fill in the post of the war minister? Can we bring back in Hjalmar Schacht?