• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RabidAnubis

Captain
59 Badges
Mar 18, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings III
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Dear Developers,

I think that one thing that EU4 needs to do is use some of the music from the previous games, or at least mildly modified versions of these songs. A lot of successful series have a theme

(for instance Halo and Battlefield)

that will always be associated with that series. Even if it's not the main theme being the same, having Conquistador (Eu3 main theme) pop up as soon as I establish my first colony in the Americas would be extremely nostalgic and awesome, and would make me remember that this is a series that I have played for a while, and that another game will probably follow it that I should get as well.

I think this is going to be absolutely the case. I'm almost completely sure I heard a redux of 'Parabellum' during a livestream or another multiplayer video.

Conquistador was also heard in one of the streams. And IIRC Frederick said on twitter that he considered that one of the most iconic tunes in game music history, so I'm quite sure it's in.

Falalalan is quite the mascot music of EU right?

Someone (I can't recall if it was on the EU3 or 4 forum) directed my attention to this version, which I find excellent.

[video=youtube;63yTUdPU_bQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63yTUdPU_bQ[/video]

I think this is going to be absolutely the case. I'm almost completely sure I heard a redux of 'Parabellum' during a livestream or another multiplayer video.

This is correct, theres a song called "The Stage is Set" in EU4 which is a remake of the eu3 maintheme from which Para Bellum also is originated. But theres statements of the eu3 themes incorporated throughout the score. :)

This is correct, theres a song called "The Stage is Set" in EU4 which is a remake of the eu3 maintheme from which Para Bellum also is originated. But theres statements of the eu3 themes incorporated throughout the score. :)
So, no original EU3 songs in EU4? Could we add them manually (like, copying the files from EU3 or something) or maybe there could be a DLC "Classic Songs" (for free if you have EU3 :D)

So, no original EU3 songs in EU4? Could we add them manually (like, copying the files from EU3 or something) or maybe there could be a DLC "Classic Songs" (for free if you have EU3 :D)

You can implement the eu3 songs but you have to make them *.ogg format instead of mp3, best if you have the soundtrack cd. Recompressing to a new compressed format (mp3>ogg) directly is bad for the fidelity. You loose more and more of the higher harmonics this way which makes it dull to the ear.
You can then add them to the music "playlist" file of your choosing, (if this doesnt change).

Sadly, not many people with the EU3 CE edition still around.

*polishes his shiny golden helmet* :3

As someone who fell in love with the genre and especially the EU games when I played EU 2, I miss the days when I could hear what age I was in by listening to the music. In EU 2 the music was century-specific and it really made me feel like the world was changing when suddenly the music changed.

So, will we be able to implement a mod to achieve this in EU4? I would love to play EU 4 with the music from EU 2

I've just listened to the main theme and I think it is wonderful! What brings me particular joy is the fact the piece was recorded (as seen in the video), not synthesised - is the whole soundtrack like this?
As to the music from older instalments of the EU series: I've spent countless hours playing EU2, but while the music featured there made me interested in renaissance music and I certainly miss its "authenticity" when I play EU3, I also enjoy the original soundtracks form the more recent Paradox titles. When I am bored of them, I can easily add some period music form my CD collection or even switch to it completely.

This is what I wanted, thanks :) It would be boring ofc if it was exactly the same, but if what you say is pulled off well then I will be more than satisfied.