• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Really great screenshots... i await the game with even greater anticipation :cool:

I know, but they were aware of it... would be cool to have it visible IMO.

Ah, true that.

EDIT: Well, thinking a bit about this, I'm not sure how much of Hokkaido was "known". Yes, they probably knew there was an island up there, but not how big, and what precise shape. So, also from a gameplay point of view (only have lands that are needed for gameplay), I can understand the decision to keep Hokkaido out of the map.

Last edited:
Beautiful!

I'm curious how the game will play. I mean, your character can obviously be a Hatamoto but before that? In Sword of the Samurai that I've seen people mention here and there you start out as a Gokenin if I remember correctly with just a tiny fief and, well, plenty of rivals. :D It'd be great if single combat was represented in some way too. I mean, not just some events ala "You have been challenged, do you accept? Yes = 15% chance of death".
Either way, can't wait to find out more.

Last edited:
It wasn't "colonised" until the Meiji period.

It was, by the Kakizaki clan, later Matsumae clan. However, they were the only clan having a domain on the island, and they just held the south peninsula.

The crest used is of the Toki/Akechi clan, by the way. It was Akechi Mitsuhide's crest.

Very nice!

borat_sacha_baron_cohen.jpg