• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Name: Captain Carlos Hernandez
Date of Birth: 1801
Party Affliation: Conservadores
Background: Captain Carlos Hernandez fought against the royalists in the Chilean War of Independance, and has earned several medals and honors during his career. Now that the war is over, he wishes to lay down his Arms and enter politics to help rebuild Chile after the destructive war. He is a simple man for a politican, but hes a good man who only wishes the best for his fellow people.

And a morning election update. One and a half days (36 hours almost on the button) until the polls close

Conservadores Candidates:
Francisco Rivera: 8
Eduardo Emilio Romano: 8

Alliance with Paraguay
Yes: 6
No: 8

I vote Nay on the alliance, and for the primaries i vote for Senator Romano. As a military man i also feel the military is important, but the people is even more important. With Senator Romano's comprimise then it will save the military as much as possible while make a better place for the citizens of Chile. I urge my other military comrades to join me with Senator Romano. Once our country is economically stabilized he will improve the military with whole 20%!

((Considering that the last poll comes before Regno's vote, I would assume not.))

We cannot allow deficits to deter us from our own protection!

Deficits don't matter!

Komisha: My inbox is now empty

Senator Romano, as I see, you're policies and "Mining-Act" are much helpful to the great mines of our nation, but what use would be a weak army? If any nation threaten's our sovereignity, what possibility do we have in defense? Unless you show major investment in the military, I see my stand point at the same, supporting the great military minds of Great Chile,
Antonio Haap

I'm not quite sure you and your fellow hawks get the point of reducing the army. How do we pay for an army? How do we tell the people that crushing them with a 75% tax helps national defense, when it will provoke them into a state of anger? What point is an army if we descend into bankruptcy?

I as a former military man understand the generals arguments, but I do not think they are as valid as they believe. They assume that the side with the strongest army will always win, but if that were the case half the nations of the Americas would not be independent. Defense does not require an excessively powerful military. I fully believe that if Bolivia or Peru was to attack when we cut our military budget by 35%, we would be capable of keeping them at bay, until diplomatic maneuvering and the apparent weakness of the enemy military brought down a dozen vultures upon them. If you say the only way to victory is through an excessively powerful military, then you clearly have no faith in your own abilities.

-Armando de Vasces

"We need to build strong alliances to secure our future, no nation can survive with enemies surrounding them no matter how powerful they may seem. Rome fell under the onslaught of the Barbarians that surrounded, just like Napoleons Empire came crashing down at the hands of a Coalition of Enemies. The fact is no matter how much money we invest in our army we will never become a great power overnight. Instead we should work together with our neighbors to build a better Latin America. Only together we overthrow the Spanish and establish our independence and only together can we prosper. Therefore I support the alliance with Paraguay, our brothers in arms and propose sending similar proposals to our brother countries, such as Argentina who was also liberated not so long ago by Jose De San Martin just like us. This is why I urge people to vote for the more moderate Senator Romano, out of the two Conservadores candidates his policies are the only ones that will not lead us to financial ruin".

(I am not a politician in this, but anyway if I was a senator my vote would be yes to the Paraguay Alliance and also I would vote Senator Romano for president).

Last edited:
Just a little under one day left until the polls close. It's going to be very, very close.

Conservadores Candidates:
Francisco Rivera: 8
Eduardo Emilio Romano: 9

Alliance with Paraguay
Yes: 6
No: 9

((Jack, I'm assuming you're not voting. You can vote even if your character isn't a politician.))

I don't have the RL time to fully participate in this, but if i may without a character vote then these are my choices.
Francisco Rivera
No
If i broke a rule then please just ignore this.

I don't have the RL time to fully participate in this, but if i may without a character vote then these are my choices.
Francisco Rivera
No
If i broke a rule then please just ignore this.

You can vote without a character.

That pushes the Conservadores candidates back into a tie (9-9) and the alliance with Paraguay to 6-10 against.