• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thing's have been hectic here at the White House the past few days. I shall be submitting my Platform in a few hours time.

((Sorry I'm busy as all hell at the moment, and my computer broke. Is it okay if I get it to you either tomorrow or Saturday?))

((Sorry I'm busy as all hell at the moment, and my computer broke. Is it okay if I get it to you either tomorrow or Saturday?))

The thread can take a two-day delay for RL business. :)

Mr Ecossais I suggest that you join the Entente party considering you support intervention in Europe and South America.

((I'm waiting 'till the platforms come out, as I do not know who is what XD))

((Long story short:

Republicans: Non-interventionist/Isolationist (could be pacifist, anti-military, pro-military), Laissez-faire, Free Trade, Pluralist/Secular, Full Citizenship

Federal: No idea on foreign policy, due to the Democratic collapse so it could be antiwar, Interventionist/State Capitalist, Protectionist, Secular, Full Citizenship

Entente/Nationalist: Hawkish (hence the name), Laissez-faire/Interventionist (maybe), Protectionist, Moralist/Pluralist, Full Citizenship

However, since I'm only a Republican, and also due to the major political changes that have recently occurred, I might be wrong))

((Actually Federal is Pro-Military, *puts on Ray-Bans* we were in favour of alliance with the Entente before it was mainstream. And support free-trade.

Platform will be sent soon, lacking easy access to a computer's killing me.))

((Damn, this is going to be fun *puts on glasses*, I'm just going to do something completely different ))

The Presidential Election of 1913

In 1913, the Federal Party showed its age. The last one standing of the three parties that had weathered the storms of the Reshuffle and the struggles of the turn of the century, the Party could now only muster one man with the reliability and charisma to run for the presidency; the same man they had run for three elections straight. T. H. Terrance ran essentially uncontested, hoping to snatch victory by catching the political center of the population.
In the Republican convention, President Hensdale breezed through to victory on a policy of leaving Europe to Europeans and continuing the policies of the last four years. To the Republicans, Terrance and the Federal Party posed no discernible threat, having beaten them in every election since 1905. To Hensdale, the Entente Party was the great enemy.

hensdale.jpg

1. David Hensdale, 23rd President of the United States​

In the Entente convention, Jerry Nightmore emerged victorious with his rousing call for a campaign against Chile and the Santiago Pact [1]. Bradley Smith conceded on the fourth ballot, deciding to act as the congressional heart of the Entente Party while Nightmore ran for the presidency. However, with his lack of talk about the volatile European issue, Nightmore had unfortunately clouded the public’s vision on his stance concerning the prime issue of the election; European involvement.

[1] – After 2nd Nicaragua, the UPCA severed its ties with Chile and the Santiago Pact was retooled into a military agreement between Chile and its lesser South American allies.

The Candidates/Tickets of 1913

Election Manifesto of the Federal Party

Presidential Candidate: T. H. Terrance
Vice-Presidential Candidate: Alicia Vallejo​

Ladies and gentlemen. I, and my party, have worked for many years across these United States to ensure the people of this country can enjoy the best possible governance. Now is the ideal opportunity for the American people to experience what has been my dream for many a year now; an end to poverty and for the middle class to become the largest class of this nation. This would be achieved by a Federal administration, but that is only possible with your vote.

Foreign Policy

I have long believed that we must be the first defender of democracy. The light which is willing and able to ensure despotism does not spread its wings over Europe and Latin America, and that we ourselves remain an Empire of Liberty not of tyranny. These convictions have been evident in every manifesto I have written, every speech I have given. I have long advocated a strong and unbreakable alliance with our fellow democracies of Britain and France. This would ensure that peace and freedom shall forever reign. The opportunists over at the Entente Party have finally realised that this is the course of action that must be taken. However you cannot trust them to maintain such a stance. The Federals however have remained steadfast in their position, the right position!

A Grand Military
A position that too has been steadfast among the Federals is that we must never relax when it comes to the defence of our country. The US Navy shall be massively expanded under my government and the weapons and technology available to our military shall be the best in the world. No other military in the world shall compare, not even the united forces of the Tripartite Pact. This is what will maintain peace, and with it shall come all the benefits that entails; trade, prosperity and life.

Social Fairness

At the core of the Federal Party is the belief that people must be given fairness. They must be afforded a decent way of life. They must be granted the basic rights of man: health, education and safe work. This is why I have pledged myself continuously to a number of commitments that shall improve the lives of the common man without parallel. It’s in the spirit of Cameron and Harrison that a Federal administration shall undertake: the implementation of pensions, public higher education scholarships, federal schooling grants, children’s money, a National Work Board for safety standards and abolition of dangerous child labour. If elected to power the next generation shall truly be raised with none of them suffering the bane of squalor or illiteracy, and the past generation shall be able to retire and not spend their twilight hours forced to work to the bitter end.

Free Trade and Free Markets

America must have competition and free markets to grow. There shall be no nationalisation under a Terrance government and Harrison’s competition legislation will continue to be vigorously enforced. We must have trade with the world and tariffs would undeniably restrict that. To implement tariffs would be to choke the economic lifeblood of this nation. The Commonwealth is the best body for the promotion of free trade that we have and therefore mustn’t be neglected. It would be made all the more worthwhile still by the inclusion of France.

Political Reform
The outdated and pointless electoral college shall be replaced by a direct vote, not only does this reflect the views of the American people better but is cheaper. The FBI shall be granted the power to investigate corruption by government officials and politicians, with the goal of ending corruption in our political system.

It is difficult to fully spell out our extensive reforms, and the massive effects they shall have on our nation, in a single document. But I can assure you I would not lead a government that would idly sit by. The changes we propose to make over the next four years are massive, but they are necessary and they are right. If you vote for Terrance you guarantee we stride valiantly forward on that long road to ever more perfect union.

Election Manifesto of the Republican Party

Presidential Candidate: David Hensdale
Vice-Presidential Candidate: Joseph Jarvis

My fellow Americans, the past year we have seen a portion of the American Conservative Party break away from us, and we have thus charted our own course, that of non-interventionism, as well as American exceptionalism. As the Republican candidate for President of the United States, I come before you to ask for another four years as your President. I wish to point to my achievements in the economy as well as my commitment to non-intervention for sufficient justification for a second term.

I pledge to you, the American voter, that under four more years of a Hensdale Administration, myself and Vice-President Jarvis will work towards ensuring that the United States stays out of a war in Europe. It has been made clear to me by the nations of Germany and Russia that they care not to listen to the voice and reason of the United States, while Britain and France still race towards war evermore. I refuse to have this country dragged into such a war, let Europeans have their own foolish wars, as Americans we have our duty to stand on the sideline here, and continue with our own domestic affairs.

On matters of the Economy, I shall continue my previous policy of cutting unneeded Government spending, and decreasing taxes to allow more citizens to better invest their own money. However, I shall maintain a healthy tariff rate, simply for the protection of American businesses, which must be allowed to foster and grow without the factories of other nations flooding our markets.

Furthermore, on the issue of our military, I shall not work towards any great length to downsize our military, I will, however, maintain our military's current size, while continuing to upgrade and modernize the equipment they need when such things arrive for our disposal. I am not a pacifist by any means, I am simply one who believes the military should be used to defend America and her interests. If war is brought to our door, I will stop at nothing to annihilate the enemy, but I shall never go looking for a fight.

These are the principles and policies on which I have acted under the previous four years, and with your help, voters of this great nation, these are the principles and policies that I will act under in the next four years as President of the United States of America.

Election Manifesto of the Entente Party

Presidential Candidate: Jerry Nightmore
Vice-Presidential Candidate: Simon von Ritter​

If I become president I would take our nation on a glorious campaign against the Santiago Pact, a war of true glory that will make our boys real men. We would fight until Santiago is nothing but a pile of rubbish, burned to the ground.

I support Free Trade, since our industry needs access to foreign goods.

I support Interventionism, because even the market needs help from the government some times.

I support a Secularized Society, where religion doesn't matter, only character. A man who takes a rifle and fight for America is a true American, no matter religion or background.

We should continue to encourage immigration, but we should be careful not to allow some bad apples to fall in our basket.

America needs wars, and lots of them to become a respected nation. The battlefield is where the true power of our nation will be shown.

-------------------------

Exceptional Situation(s):

Vote.

Last edited:
Hensdale for Presidente

Long may he reign.

((Nightmore should really have to choose a VP candidate, otherwise he essentially gets an extra vote.))

((Nightmore should really have to choose a VP candidate, otherwise he essentially gets an extra vote.))

Which is why I shall be deducting one vote from his tally in the counts until he does.

((Not to nitpick, but it's Joseph, not Henry, BBB.))

Thank you Mr. Hensdale for letting me continue as your Vice-President! I hope that the American people will give us four more years at the helm of this nation.

Over the past four years, the American economy has grown, we have managed to stay out of the trifles of European power politics, and have been able to reverse the tide of imperialism, colonialism, and statism. This election gives you the choice; stay the course of prosperity, or to choose war with the Entente, or Statism with the Federals. No other party is as dedicated to individualism and peace like the Republican Party; we will not needlessly over-regulate, nor will we wage wanton and unwanted wars. With your help, we can keep America strong, safe, and free.

HENSDALE - JARVIS 1913

((Not to nitpick, but it's Joseph, not Henry, BBB.))[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Fixed.

I, John F. Harrison place my vote for T. H. Terrance.

((I hope it's still not too late to join!))

mccahill1917.jpg

Name: Kevin Lionel Mccahill
Date of Birth: 23rd April 1870
Place of Birth: Portsmouth, NH
Info: Born in NH, he moved to England aged only 9 where he lived until completing a joint honours degree in PPE and History from Queens College, Oxford, at which point he returned to lecture at Harvard. Having seen the beauties of Europe first hand, he entered politics to help aid the continent in it's time of need, being elected to the senate for his home-state with Hensdale's landslide victory in 1909. He is a firm believer in a muscular state that enforces justice and equality both at home and abroad, having seen the success of British policies in his infancy.

-Served as Secretary of Education under Terrance's Presidency
-Federal Nominee for President 1917

I, Kevin Mccahill, vote for T H Terrance, thanks to his comprehensive social reforms and his amiable stance on the developing European crisis.
((EDIT: Mis-read the names first time, have now corrected...))

Last edited:
I, Michael Sullivan, lacking a better option, cast my vote for T. H. Terrance.

I cast my vote for President Hensdale, that he may continue his good work for our nation. I gladly offer him and Vice President Jarvis, whose family and mine have a proud history of cooperation in politics, whatever support I may.

Lt. Colonel Walter Mandrake
Republican Candidate for Governor, State of Indiana

It is very easy, for us in politics, to become detached from that which is experienced by the common man. We so often enjoy luxuries such as cars and a top-quality education. And while I would never dispute that your average American has the highest quality of life in the world I say that is not an argument against improving further. Indeed I would say it’s an argument for! The sheer economic power that puts us in the position to have cars and fund a grand military also puts us in the position to wield great power in eliminating sincere hardship. We politicians so often don’t see the child beggar in the streets, the elderly man dying in the fields under a boiling sun, the unemployed man whom can’t feed his family. These are all realities of our nation, although they may be rarer than before, they still exist. And I believe that is sincerely wrong. We are in a position to strike a killer blow against all of these scourges, but to so we need a bold and planning administration. To do so I need your votes.