• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone else feel as if this AAR has lost some momentum? nothing against kaisermuffin (hes awseome and i love the update speed) but it feels empty without TRP being as active. even activity has dropped. on another note no bloopers have appeared in the readers group for awhile and im sure evereryone would love a new one.

Well, we do comment on every single update, so we're both still here arya, no worries ;). Having someone else update the AAR in place is indeed a first in AARland and a pretty unorthodox solution, but trust us that this makes managing the AARs much more workeable given time constraints. We're still here though, slaving away at the next 15 chapters behind the curtains. And despite popular belief, our activity is higher than ever, ignoring the peaks and lows. Laurence makes occasional notes on the post and view counters and since Muffin came on we had weeks with 1600 views six days straigth (for DMLL this is about an average score, for us, it is a lot :p). So activity is higher than ever, and people seem really happy with the frequent, and long, updates.

And about the bloopers, yes, good point. We still have some in reserve and we'll post some this evening or something like that. But do note that the reason that we don't give frequent bloopers is that we don't fabricate these: HOI screw up a lot, but obviousy (and thankfully ;) ) not enough to give us full blooper coverage :D

-Vincent and Laurence

downunderjan26.jpg

By January ’46, Pact forces were closing in on Adelaide, attempting to cut the defenders in half, while furious battles were being fought all over the Australian continent. In the West, Montgomery’s Task Force west advanced on Derby, while Montgomery was halted near Brisbande in the East. A special detachment of combined British and German divisions was sent southwards, smashing all opposition it encountered. While US and Australian forces had little to no desert combat experience, the 72th Armee consisted of battle-hardened veterans from the Afrika Korps and the British Colonial Forces, who used the wide empty plains to pierce through enemy lines, causing havoc upon the heavy artillery batteries stationed around Adelaide.

attacksouthaussie.jpg

In the following weeks, British and German aicraft launched from New-Guinea to bomb AOF fleets and convoys attempting to reinforce and supply the troops stationed in Australia. In the Far West Clipperton Fracture zone, one such transport fleet was encountered and annihilated.

ukbombingusfleet.jpg

In the meanwhile, US submarine fleets had managed to infiltrate the seas around Micronesia, sinking a large amount of the Pacific Merchant Fleet, as British shipping came under heavy fire.

usconvoykill.jpg

The war above Sao Tomé continued, as the skies above the Niger Delta became a theatre for full-scale air combat between the Channel Pact and the AOF.

attackingsaotome.jpg

In the South of Australia, British forces smashed out of the Perth pocket and continued their advance.

rafraidsaussie.jpg

After the capture of Adelaide, the RAF began a destructive air campaign against the isolated industrial centres of Australia, pushing the country’s war economy further to the brink.

Soon there will be isle-hopping... or isle-nuking, whichever is easier. :D

Nuking will probably be required to take out that island-fort Sao Tomé. But, for now, we need to save up nukes.

speaking of nukes how many do you have at this point in the AAR? and how far ahead of this point in the AAR are you in the gameplay? still 47?

speaking of nukes how many do you have at this point in the AAR? and how far ahead of this point in the AAR are you in the gameplay? still 47?

The extent of our nuclear stockpiles and our Second Strike Doctrine is actually a really mayor plot point in the story, and we will not release the numbers untill they are released. Needless to say, when you saw the fission bomb tech, that does mean we already had the previous nuclear tech, meaning that we've been producing nukes since way earlier than 1946. Currently with gameplay we're on New Year's eve going into 1949. When does Doomsday end again?

I do NOT believe that Australia will fall soon, as a matter of fact I suspect American Reinforcements will Stall the Advance for quite a bit.

Not sure, the US are doing really poorly in Australia tbh. A mayor edge we have over the US is superior techs and awesome veterancy stats on everything. The British Army is meh, but the Reichswehr is awesome. Laurence has got an army full of XV...

Okay, screw this, I'm logging off, I've got a hangover the size of Kansas :D. Last night, me and Laurence hit a friend's birthday bash, whish lasted all night and was seeeeeeriously alcoholic. Downing fourteen shots of tequila in one hour? Bad idea. Bad, bad, bad idea.

Good night guys,

-Vincent

doomsday ends either at the end of 1952 or 53. you could mod it for no time limit. unless you have already conquered the world. or has a d-day conquered london and germany and siberia is the battlefield once again? lol

DD definitely ends at the end of 1953 or 1952- looking at the chronicles clip on youtube again, looks like the US may have preempted your nuke-stockpiling strategy though :eek:

Doomsday Ends 1954; Armageddon is the one that extends it to 1964. :confused:

my gods... i just read all the pages (not just the updates, what people said too :D) in 2 days, i must say its very entertaining, keep going guys! i want to find out what happens!

I want to see Nukes over America!!

and wheres that save game? lol

lol but he gave us the list of changes he made. time limit was not one of them. though i bet laurnece could easily mod in a patch that would remove any limit of time for the game.

EDIT:and he did ask for when doomsday ends. he never vspoke about moomsday..........

You drank 14 tequila and then some, came home and whilst normal people go to sleep you decide to respond to us. That's commitment. ;)

KaiserMuffin has given you too much free time though.

Actually, I did not sleep at all, me and Laurence were awake entire Saturday and Sunday. And about commitment, I think it was around 5AM, people were off to the shop for more liquid, so me and Laurence killed time by checking the AAR threads. We even wrote a reply, but didn't post it, as we sortof realised we were barely capable of forming a coherent sentence :D. We logged off, and the party resumed. Then we just took the earliest train home, was really no point in sleeping.

lol but he gave us the list of changes he made. time limit was not one of them. though i bet laurnece could easily mod in a patch that would remove any limit of time for the game.

EDIT:and he did ask for when doomsday ends. he never vspoke about moomsday..........

We'll try to finish before 1953, but our bet with TemplarCommander is still on, so TCP is finished when either our capitols fall or the US bites the dust. If we go past the date, we'll mod in extra years

-Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.