• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Politically it was unthinkable to declare war. Pushing for more economic concessions (21 demands, which was a complete FR fiasco to be honest by Japan since they achieved little, was intended to oust other countries influence from China) is not the same as declaring war.

It's not like I didn't do research when writing 1914 CCIP.

I suppose a good dissent hit and/or economic consequences might do well enough to prevent a player from attacking China at a point where a war would offer no advantages.
I had the same thoughts as you. :)

The Japanese certainly intended to significantly extend it's influence over the Chinese government and I think a short small scale intervention might not have been out of question. In the end the Japanese government was obviously not willing to take such a risk but I wouldn't call it unthinkable otherwise they would not have presented their demands in the form of an ultimatum threatening dire consequences.

Politically it was unthinkable to declare war. Pushing for more economic concessions (21 demands, which was a complete FR fiasco to be honest by Japan since they achieved little, was intended to oust other countries influence from China) is not the same as declaring war.

It's not like I didn't do research when writing 1914 CCIP.

I had the same thoughts as you. :)

No, I meant.. I declared war, and invaded them, and took everything. It was nothing like 21 Demands, though it's all.. Solved. They had no army, and they pushed out Britain when they got their land back so I got that too now. Almost as big as the Soviet, soon WW2...

Also:

To all events you want to disable. Belgium's country tag is BEL.

Seems like a bug in DH-Full WW1's peace treaties. Please report that issue in the bug reporting forums.

Thanks, I meant though.. What is the events text file called and how will I easily find the event? Thanks. :-

Edit: I myself am looking for the events that remove units because of limits, and whenever I decline to sign a treaty as any nation it grows beligerence for Italy? Why?

Edit2: ..Wat, I'm Japan, I had taken Mongolia, China, and a few smaller nations around it (part of Russia too) during WW1 and after, It's 1926.. And suddenly entire China and the smaller ones (Not Mongolia) are turned over to their own nations again?! T_T I spend /YEARS/ to get Garrisons in all of them, and now they just revolt like that? Is there no way to stop that? I'm fine with rebels thinking. "Lets try to take back China!" but for me to magicly loose everything like that? The Protection (Don't know the correct name, China at that time.) became Nationalist China, however. Does that have anything to do with it?

Edit3: NO MORE JAPAN. My other questions remain though.

Hi There!

It seems that no event with # 13300200 and above fires. Even when I try to trigger it via console it does'nt fire. Any idea anyone what's my problem?

I played as Germany, made peace with russia early and had Versaille event in 1918 (Germany lost). I checked all the triggers for e.g. 13300200 - all the requirements are met.

As I have have DH installed on D:\games... the virtual folder issue that Burning indicated in another thread (sorry again for using the wrong thread - twice :wacko:!) can't be the solution.

I actually copied a couple of those events who wouldn't fire into another text file of events that did fire, restarted DH and the events still wouldn't fire. This is a pitty as I'm really keen on playing through the events of the 20's and early 30's (took a look at the events - there are lots of interesting things supposed to happen). So it would be great if someone could help me with that issue...

Are you, perhaps, playing the 1914 scenario, and not the AAR- Arms, Armistice, and Revolutions scenario?

The only other reason why an event does not fire is if it has been slept/fired previously.

Try typing event 13300219 into the console and let me know if it works.

or anything from 13300700 to 13300715 (for USA), 'event 13300700 USA'

Edit: I myself am looking for the events that remove units because of limits, and whenever I decline to sign a treaty as any nation it grows beligerence for Italy? Why?
Bug in game engine, already reported and fixed for 1.03

No, I meant.. I declared war, and invaded them, and took everything. It was nothing like 21 Demands, though it's all.. Solved. They had no army, and they pushed out Britain when they got their land back so I got that too now. Almost as big as the Soviet, soon WW2...
If you want to know why I force the transfer of provinces, it is due to glitches in the inherit command and end_game command. Aside from forcefully transferring territory, the inherit command does not work if the country is player controlled. Given the unlikeliness of war (historically), I did not bother to put in better checks in the current placeholder events. This will be fixed in a future release.

Last edited:
Are you, perhaps, playing the 1914 scenario, and not the AAR- Arms, Armistice, and Revolutions scenario?

nope, I'm playing AAR, all the AAR events that lead to Versailles have fired.

The only other reason why an event does not fire is if it has been slept/fired previously.

I've checked that. Those events are neither tagged as sleepevent or event history in my savegame.

Try typing event 13300219 into the console and let me know if it works.

Did so. Event didn't fire

or anything from 13300700 to 13300715 (for USA), 'event 13300700 USA'.

Did so. Event didn't fire

See, why I'm so clueless? :sad:

If you want to know why I force the transfer of provinces, it is due to glitches in the inherit command and end_game command. Aside from forcefully transferring territory, the inherit command does not work if the country is player controlled. Given the unlikeliness of war (historically), I did not bother to put in better checks in the current placeholder events. This will be fixed in a future release.

Alright, cool. Thanks :)

Could you give me a detailed post by chance how to edit the events out of Belgium that make them remove aircraft/fleet? I was being helped in the other thread and he showed me a few things so far, but I need to know.. Where do I find the file to edit (I meant, which one is it? I know the folder etc.) and how will I know the exact event name of that?

On another note.. Is it normal for Germany/France to have war in 1936? I've had this as Sweden when I owned all of Scandanevia, and as Japan when I own.. well, almost entire Asia and part of the Middle East. In my Sweden game Soviet and Germany insta warred and Poland even joined Germany against the Soviets.

Last edited:
nope, I'm playing AAR, all the AAR events that lead to Versailles have fired.

See, why I'm so clueless? :sad:

Your installation is broken, as i already posted in the other thread. Chances are high the patch also didn't get installed properly in your case, and most likely the mods will only be applied in part and not get updated correctly. You should reinstall your game to a proper location (which is not your program files and program data directories), and get additional help on how to do this on the DH-full tech support forum. They have ninjas there: :ninja:

Could you give me a detailed post by chance how to edit the events out of Belgium that make them remove aircraft/fleet? I was being helped in the other thread and he showed me a few things so far, but I need to know.. Where do I find the file to edit (I meant, which one is it? I know the folder etc.) and how will I know the exact event name of that?

Just add the line
Code:
not = { country = BEL }
to all event's
Code:
trigger = {
#other triggers1
#other triggers2
#...
#other triggersN
}
clauses you want to disable. Thant's it.

The result should look something like
Code:
trigger = {
not = { country = BEL }
#other triggers1
#other triggers2
#...
#other triggersN
}

And before you ask: no, we can not create a list of all files and events and lines where you need to add that. Sorry. I suggest you see this as a first expedition into modding, you can learn a lot just by playing around with events that are already there. :D

Last edited:
Your installation is broken, as i already posted in the other thread. Chances are high the patch also didn't get installed properly in your case, and most likely the mods will only be applied in part and not get updated correctly. You should reinstall your game to a proper location (which is not your program files and program data directories), and get additional help on how to do this on the DH-full tech support forum. They have ninjas there: :ninja:

Just add the line
Code:
not = { country = BEL }
to all event's
Code:
trigger = {
#other triggers1
#other triggers2
#...
#other triggersN
}
clauses you want to disable. Thant's it.

The result should look something like
Code:
trigger = {
not = { country = BEL }
#other triggers1
#other triggers2
#...
#other triggersN
}

And before you ask: no, we can not create a list of all files and events and lines where you need to add that. Sorry. I suggest you see this as a first expedition into modding, you can learn a lot just by playing around with events that are already there. :D

So there is no way for me to know which one is the one that decommisions ships and aircraft? That's all I want disabled to be honest, I don't need a giant list. And I'm still confused, what text file.. Add the line where, at the absolute bottom of the file? I found what you said very confusing to be honest.

And again on another note, in 1936 again France and Germany at war, Germany offers me an alliance, I accept it. (I'm Japan, I own almost all of Asia and am up to half Turkey at this point.) It takes me a month after that or so to finish off Turkey/Ottoman Empire, I'm pushing hard against the Soviet from below, Romania is helping Germany and myself, yet in under half a year the Soviet has taken half Germany.. How is this possible?

So there is no way for me to know which one is the one that decommisions ships and aircraft? That's all I want disabled to be honest, I don't need a giant list. And I'm still confused, what text file.. Add the line where, at the absolute bottom of the file? I found what you said very confusing to be honest.

There is: at the beginning of all events is a brief explanation (usually the event-name) of the event. All files are named according to what they contain or do (eg: AAR-all-disarmament.txt, which would be a good place for you to start). Take some time to read through the files, check the list of events given at the beginning, look up where they actually are written in the file. Then change what you would like to change and try out if it works. Oh, and there is a great and very comprehensive documentation on what each event command or trigger does in the modding DH-Modding Documentation.

There is: at the beginning of all events is a brief explanation (usually the event-name) of the event. All files are named according to what they contain or do (eg: AAR-all-disarmament.txt, which would be a good place for you to start). Take some time to read through the files, check the list of events given at the beginning, look up where they actually are written in the file. Then change what you would like to change and try out if it works. Oh, and there is a great and very comprehensive documentation on what each event command or trigger does in the modding DH-Modding Documentation.

Cool, thanks. So each individual event is a text file? I'm guessing Mods>AAR>Events or something? What is the path? And then what do I add exactly as I still don't understand entirely what you put above my previous post. So I just find the event txt of disarmament, add the no > BEL part etc?

Cool, thanks. So each individual event is a text file? I'm guessing Mods>AAR>Events or something? What is the path? And then what do I add exactly as I still don't understand entirely what you put above my previous post. So I just find the event txt of disarmament, add the no > BEL part etc?

The path should probably be Darkest Hour\Mods\AAR\db\events\AAR-events\ and then possibly AAR-All-disarmament.txt.

The path should probably be Darkest Hour\Mods\AAR\db\events\AAR-events\ and then possibly AAR-All-disarmament.txt.

Yeah, found it just then when looking around on my laptop as my damned internet kept dieing.. I just got home from work, I'm in horrid pain from a motorcycle accident and I'm tired, I don't want to learn how to mod, I'm not focused enough for it and I'd no doubtly fail at is as I do at everything else, just please.. PLEASE.. Tell me how to specficially disable all disarmaments for /JUST/ Belgium, Air, Land and Naval.. I beg you. Tell me where to put the exact lines and what they should contain, I'm very sorry for being so ungratefull I'm just so tired and when I can't figure things out I get so.. Ugh.

Yeah, found it just then when looking around on my laptop as my damned internet kept dieing.. I just got home from work, I'm in horrid pain from a motorcycle accident and I'm tired, I don't want to learn how to mod, I'm not focused enough for it and I'd no doubtly fail at is as I do at everything else, just please.. PLEASE.. Tell me how to specficially disable all disarmaments for /JUST/ Belgium, Air, Land and Naval.. I beg you. Tell me where to put the exact lines and what they should contain, I'm very sorry for being so ungratefull I'm just so tired and when I can't figure things out I get so.. Ugh.

You wouldn't really have to learn how to mod, it's sufficient to add the one line both Limith and I posted already to the triggers of the events. But if you really can't do that, well... I'm sure someone here can help. I would like to help you with this too, but you would have to wait for a month or so. Currently we are in the examen period here, and I'm busy 17/7 with theoretical science (rest goes into sleeping and stuff :D). Haven't had time to play for about 3 weeks now :(.

You wouldn't really have to learn how to mod, it's sufficient to add the one line both Limith and I posted already to the triggers of the events. But if you really can't do that, well... I'm sure someone here can help. I would like to help you with this too, but you would have to wait for a month or so. Currently we are in the examen period here, and I'm busy 17/7 with theoretical science (rest goes into sleeping and stuff :D). Haven't had time to play for about 3 weeks now :(.

I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out once I've rested abit, I was really .. What's the word, I don't know it in english, like.. touchy I guess ;P I'll try it once I try to play as Belgium again. Currently working pretty good in Japan, heh.

I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out once I've rested abit, I was really .. What's the word, I don't know it in english, like.. touchy I guess ;P I'll try it once I try to play as Belgium again. Currently working pretty good in Japan, heh.

Great, if you are unsure about things or have questions if this or that is right, feel free to ask in here!
@Japan: Hehe :) It's my favorite nation in HOI. Very challenging, but if played well very rewarding, as you will get full-scale land-wars, island hopping, massive naval battles AND air warfare.

Great, if you are unsure about things or have questions if this or that is right, feel free to ask in here!
@Japan: Hehe :) It's my favorite nation in HOI. Very challenging, but if played well very rewarding, as you will get full-scale land-wars, island hopping, massive naval battles AND air warfare.

Yep, China was a problem at first because it got all it's land back in 26, but I have almost entire Asia, the middle east entirely, and I'm pushing firmly into the Soviet lands to try and ease pressure on Germany. (Germans still can't push them back.. Psssh! xP ) aswell as pushing into Egypt further, no America so far though.. Lets hope that stays that way. Have garrison on each Island and 5 on Iwo Jima just to be sure.

Yep, China was a problem at first because it got all it's land back in 26, but I have almost entire Asia, the middle east entirely, and I'm pushing firmly into the Soviet lands to try and ease pressure on Germany. (Germans still can't push them back.. Psssh! xP ) aswell as pushing into Egypt further, no America so far though.. Lets hope that stays that way. Have garrison on each Island and 5 on Iwo Jima just to be sure.

I really should get 1936 CCIP integrated into AAR or add some belligerence events. You shouldn't have such an easy time occupying the mideast, asia, or soviet lands during the interwar period. USA in real life probably would have intervened given your belligerence (unless you are talking about World War II, which in that case, it's fine). Maybe not war, but sanctions or something.

Burning, should we have a generic event with belligerence trigger, something like "Warning by League of Nations" which if they don't back down, they'd get could DoW'd by the majors? I'm not sure how we would make it generic though (in terms of forcing peace with all known enemies).

It can be tiered, first a warning, then sanctions, and finally war. Would prevent too much aggressive expansion.

Last edited:
I really should get 1936 CCIP integrated into AAR or add some belligerence events. You shouldn't have such an easy time occupying the mideast, asia, or soviet lands during the interwar period. USA in real life probably would have intervened given your belligerence (unless you are talking about World War II, which in that case, it's fine). Maybe not war, but sanctions or something.

Burning, should we have a generic event with belligerence trigger, something like "Warning by League of Nations" which if they don't back down, they'd get could DoW'd by the majors? I'm not sure how we would make it generic though (in terms of forcing peace with all known enemies).

It can be tiered, first a warning, then sanctions, and finally war. Would prevent too much aggressive expansion.

Soviet and most of the middle east was during the early WW2 (1936), and several nations did DoW me (smaller ones, like Peru.) and almost none would trade with me, it wasn't an easy expansion at all! ;-/ I think it is fine the way it is, to be honest. It was really hard.

I tried to add the line not = { country = BEL } under every trigger, but still.. It didn't work :(

This.