• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news!

I've recounted the entire election (yes the entire bloody thing) and the result was a tie anyway. *phew*

The A-Ks also got one vote less.

Good news!

I've recounted the entire election (yes the entire bloody thing) and the result was a tie anyway. *phew*

The A-Ks also got one vote less.

Ah, good, for a moment there I worried there wasn't going to be utter chaos! :D

(I'm enjoying this far too much)

wait, if it was a tie, then why are you relieved?

wait, if it was a tie, then why are you relieved?

It would have looked bad on Tommy's CV to count wrong. Basic mathematic skills are appreciated in the writing of AARs. :D

Secondly: Utter Chaos. 'Nuff Said.

Right, well I still think we should let the biggest coalition possible take the chairmanship.

Right, well I still think we should let the biggest coalition possible take the chairmanship.

Having the assembly appoint a chairman would be one way, or letting the biggest faction in the assembly appoint the chairman.

My proposal: let's have an election for a constituent assembly, let the assembly define a new constitution, and have new elections according to the constitution.

no just give it to the NC

We just had a election, we shouldnt have a second one right after that one. It would make the RP kinda dull.

We just had a election, we shouldnt have a second one right after that one. It would make the RP kinda dull.

The RP justification for a constitutent assembly is obvious: we had an election, it ended up a tie, and we need to decide how to adress this problem. A constituent assembly is the only reasonable way of drafting a constiution to put in front of the electorate; no one faction could draft a constitution with enough legitimacy.

Even if so, why another election? Just use the assembly.

Having the assembly appoint a chairman would be one way, or letting the biggest faction in the assembly appoint the chairman.

My proposal: let's have an election for a constituent assembly, let the assembly define a new constitution, and have new elections according to the constitution.

You forget that of the 100 members only 20 are in a faction that support a constitution. Sure you might get small rebellions in favour of constitutionalism but the vast majority are against it.

Seems we're going to have a little chaos. :D

I like the constitutional convention idea, but how about instead of voting again the chairman tallies and the constituent assembly members are used to select the delegates? No second vote, then.

Also, there will still need to be some kind of power-sharing deal in order to govern while all that's being done...

EDIT: Oh, come on, surely after this debacle more people want a constitution :p

Can't we just have a Civil War and be done with it? Also did the (first) civil war happen ingame.

Can't we just have a Civil War and be done with it? Also did the (first) civil war happen ingame.

IMO, it's not nearly a fraught enough political atmosphere for another Civil War. You might get some AK and NC violence, but not a civil war. I'm hoping for some kind of Unity Government with all the factions getting concessions.

Perhaps a grand compromise can actually be reached? I'm sorting this by the policies listed at the start of the election back on page 205:

Economic policy: Syndicalism (NCs) organized from the bottom up like the councils were (DAs, Lux, A-Ks) but integrated into the state structure (M-Ls)

Reform policy: Final two social reforms (M-Ls, Lux) constitution (DAs, A-Ks) and naval expansion (A-Ks). (sorry NCs)

Comintern policy: General Assembly (M-Ls, Lux, DAs) reorganization of USSR, Balkans, and Mideast (NCs). (sorry A-Ks)
Modifications to NC's plan: Croats, Bosniaks, Serbs, Albanians, Bulgarians merged into one Yugoslavia. CSR becomes binational Greco-Turkish state, plus Soviet Georgia and Armenia. No Israel or Cyprus. Soviet Bessarabia attached to Romania. Soviet Azerbaijan and Central Asia attached to Persia. Austrian PG formally absorbed into VSVR. Non-VSVR territory in Africa attached to VSVR for administrative ease. Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia merged into one federation or brought into the VSVR.

Foreign policy: Dissolution of Egypt, Nejd (NCs). No starting a war against UK, US, Mex, China, Japan (DAs, Lux, A-Ks) but finishing one is OK (M-Ls).

Last edited:
Seems that the costitutionalists are gaining support, and not only by the DAs voters.
Everyone have to recognize that the actual crisis was provoked by the lack of written laws and regulations: the costitution is the only answer!

Perhaps a grand compromise can actually be reached? I'm sorting this by the policies listed at the start of the election back on page 205:

Economic policy: Syndicalism (NCs) organized from the bottom up like the councils were (DAs, Lux, A-Ks) but integrated into the state structure (M-Ls)

Reform policy: Final two social reforms (M-Ls, Lux) constitution (DAs, A-Ks) and naval expansion (A-Ks). (sorry NCs)

Comintern policy: General Assembly (M-Ls, Lux, DAs) reorganization of USSR, Balkans, and Mideast (NCs). (sorry A-Ks)
Modifications to NC's plan: Croats, Bosniaks, Serbs, Albanians, Bulgarians merged into one Yugoslavia. CSR becomes binational Greco-Turkish state, plus Soviet Georgia and Armenia. No Israel or Cyprus. Soviet Bessarabia attached to Romania. Soviet Azerbaijan and Central Asia attached to Persia. Austrian PG formally absorbed into VSVR. Non-VSVR territory in Africa attached to VSVR for administrative ease. Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia merged into one federation or brought into the VSVR.

Foreign policy: Dissolution of Egypt, Nejd (NCs). No starting a war against UK, US, Mex, China, Japan (DAs, Lux, A-Ks) but finishing one is OK (M-Ls).

Those compromises just seem like they'd piss everyone off, make no one happy, and in general go against what everyone believes. Especially the redrawing of border based on nationalism, a Natkom proposal which only has 25% support in the Assembly. The only majority coalition that even stands a chance of working, it seems, is a grand coalition between MLs, DAs and Luxs. Even then, it'd be so clashing and so many compromises would need to be made, it would probably fall apart in a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.