• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Grell74

Captain
11 Badges
May 5, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sword of the Stars
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
Download at: http://www.moddb.com/mods/ckdv-war-of-the-usurper-westeros-mod

Westeros Mod for CV DV 2.1

Latest Version 3.01 Updated 06/11/11

I have created a complete conversion set in George R. R. Martin's Westeros.

There are two scenarios. Robert's Rebellion is set in AL 282 before Rhaegar was slain on the Trident. Predating the beginning of the books by roughly 12 years.
The Winds of Winter scenario is set in AL 300 after Joffrey's death.

3.01 Has expnded the map to include across the narrow sea, some more revisions to traits, events and characters (too many to list)

This mod includes:
-A reworking of CK's DNA portrait system
-A new campaign map
-Family trees, relations, marriages and rivalries etc
-Awesome COA graphics created by J.E. Fullerton http://other-in-law.deviantart.com/
-Westeros historical accuracy
-Westeros specific events and revised traits

NOTE: this mod, like CK itself is best played on the lowest AI agressive setting, otherwise you will get whacky ahistorical outcomes.

Copy all of the attached files and folders over an unmodified install of CK DV.
Can be played in Windows mode with high resolutions (but only when Settings/Display is set to 16 bit colour mode)
Add a desktop shortcut with TARGET like this "C:\Crusader Kings\Westeros 2.01\Westeros.exe" window

Reworked the Portrait System and many other changes.

New Screenshots:
Screen23.png

Screen22.png

Screen21.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
Why are you doing this to me? The new semester has just started and you make my dream mod come true - how on Earth am I supposed to deal with that? ;)

Seriously, I was always hoping someone would make a mod simulating the world of ASOIAF, but since CK is such an old game now, I was sceptical. And now, out of the blue, it's here. Great job :)

<3 GRRM work is just perfect for paradox games... (not sure Cyanide can do a good job with this) so I'll definitely follow your mod :)
as a side note robert's rebellion is set 20 years before the books if I recall correctly. (when cathelyn was pregnant of robb)

Utterly impressive. Any future plans?

You should advertise this better. :D

very nice I gave it a try yestersday quickly
the relationship mapmode isnt too clear for me but i will get used to it
I however wonder why there is such a hit on skills when you chose a new education for a child? (-3 for everything?)

keep on the good work I will play it more asap

So I reiterate: great job, love it
Here are a few remarks
Played a bit more: I still find the choose an education for a child to act weird, says -3 to all stats but sometimes they lose everything even though they had 5 in one skill.

Ships can cross through land in the north (through cape kraken and barrowlands/white harbor).

You can too much money from marriage duty (and can even gain a duty if you marry your kind with a women in his court).

You can marry a woman to Jaime (or any white knight)

Pretty sure that the event "becoming a fine warrior" is reducing martial attribute as well.

I'll add if I find more in case you plan on making further versions :)

Last edited:
Does anyone else have problems with the downloaded archives? I tried both 1.02 and 1.04, and WinRAR gave an error message "Unexpected end of archive", though it opened. All there was there, though, was a gfx folder. There has to be more than that, I suppose?

Does anyone else have problems with the downloaded archives? I tried both 1.02 and 1.04, and WinRAR gave an error message "Unexpected end of archive", though it opened. All there was there, though, was a gfx folder. There has to be more than that, I suppose?

make sure you have latest version of winrar, if you don't it always produces errors like this so this might be the cause

I was really looking forward to downloading this mod, but none of the download links work. Sharebee says the file is not found, and I can't get filehosting.org to send me the link.

Anyone have any alternative download sites?

Thanks!

I was really looking forward to downloading this mod, but none of the download links work. Sharebee says the file is not found, and I can't get filehosting.org to send me the link.

Anyone have any alternative download sites?

Thanks!

why doesn't it work? :S you just need to accept the terms and put in your email. the link will be sent to you. did you check in spam folder? that sometimes happens

I finally managed to get the website to send me the link, but whenever I click on it I get an Error 403 message (i.e. no permission to access file on the server).

I'm stumped. I have no idea what's causing the error, and would very much like to play this mod.