• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Her Majesties Government proposes the following counter treaty.

1. All Boer forces shall withdraw from the Cape Colony. They shall never return and understand that if they do, consequences for them, their supporters and their states shall be severe.

2. All Boers in the Cape Colony shall be free to leave. They shall not be forced to leave, but will not be allowed to legally return without prior permission from Her Majesties Government.

3. Any Boer who wishes to stay in the Cape Colony may, but he recognises that for the duration of his stay, he is subject to Queen Victoria and Her Majesties Government.

[X] - William Ewart Gladstone, Prime Minister of Her Majesties government acting on behalf of Her Imperial Majesty The Queen-Empress Victoria, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, Empress of India

[X] - State President Martinus Pretorius of the SAR
[X] - State President Jan Brand of the OFS

Signed. I am glad we were able to come to a satisfactory agreement and avoided bloodshed.

The Italian Blunder

Historians still debate the reason for the invasion. Some say, it was hubris on the part of the King, or maybe madness. Some say, it was drastically bad intelligence. Regardless, on January 5th, 1862, 35,000 Italian Conscripts assaulted the heavily fortified 50,000 French regulars stationed in the alps. The results, as any being with a remote grasp of military tactics could imagine, were horrendous. 20,000 of the 35,000 of the Italian Conscripts were gunned down assaulting the French positions before the Italian commanders finally relented and withdrew their forces, with nearly no French casualties. Italy had given France its first major victory in the last few months, as well as willingly opening a second Front with a major military power. The results, were widespread demonstrations against the blatant stupidity of the Italian King, and his closest confident. [-20,000 conscripts from Italy, -1 stability.]

Goito.JPG

(Futile Italian attacks against the Imperial French positions)

Attachments

• Goito.JPG
    Goito.JPG
    73,2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

We condemn the Italian Government and their cowardly attack against France. Italy would have Europe on its knees if only it wasn't for their incompetence.

Last edited:
OOC: Its almost as if people dont understand the word 'Caution'.

Her Majesties Government wonders as to the difficulty some nations seem to have faced in regards to both military strategy and simple mathematics.​

OOC: Caution is a value which, apart from Prussia, is something my allies seem to have never heard of.

Alternativley, it is maths that has eluded them.

OOC: This hasn't been caused by alliances. This has been caused by opportunistic pile ins, such as those of France and Austria, which really set the ball rolling.

Id call it more of a 7 years war re fight than a Civil War.

OOC: Even without alliances, theres going to be two sides in Europe for a long time.

OOC: This hasn't been caused by alliances. This has been caused by opportunistic pile ins, such as those of France and Austria, which really set the ball rolling.

Id call it more of a 7 years war re fight than a Civil War.

Don't forget Spain, Italy and yourself. And Austria guareenteed me against Prussian assault.

OOC: So, is there any real reason for Russia jumping in besides the fact that Prussia fighting on 3 fronts was a great opportunity?
As well, wouldn't the majority of those German states that are fighting with Bavaria now switch and join Prussia, what with both the French and Russians invading now?

Don't forget Spain, Italy and yourself. And Austria guareenteed me against Prussian assault.

OOC: Oh yeah, were guilty. But France probably should take most of the blame for this escalating as it has.

King, Im hoping for a Russian Civil War style effect.

OOC: Oh yeah, were guilty. But France probably should take most of the blame for this escalating as it has.

King, Im hoping for a Russian Civil War style effect.

OOC: I was thinking that as well. Poland rising up with large numbers of Russian soldiers moving through their lands like with Catalonia in Spain, as well as the Baltic states that could also form 1 large state.

OOC: So, is there any real reason for Russia jumping in besides the fact that Prussia fighting on 3 fronts was a great opportunity?
As well, wouldn't the majority of those German states that are fighting with Bavaria now switch and join Prussia, what with both the French and Russians invading now?

OOC: Well Hannover started the War, Baden is on our side, Wuttemburg is occupied, I think Saxony is occupied and I think the rest of the states are either occupied by Prussa or are on their side.

OOC: I was thinking that as well. Poland rising up with large numbers of Russian soldiers moving through their lands like with Catalonia in Spain, as well as the Baltic states that could also form 1 large state.

OOC: Hell, itll be fun if someone elses country implodes for a change. :p

OOC: Is Hanover still part of the uprising though? A lot of the starting states switched, and so it wouldn't surprise me is they sued for peace with Prussia at the French invasion.

OOC: Is Hanover still part of the uprising though? A lot of the starting states switched, and so it wouldn't surprise me is they sued for peace with Prussia at the French invasion.

OOC: Only Wuttemburg and Saxony switched.

OOC: Well if that didn't force them to switch, the Russian invasion should! After all, the Russians did not declare why they were invading in the first place, it could be to gain as much land as it can, and cause Hanover to switch sides to help stop them. Any thoughts of wise GMs in charge of NPC thoughts and stances?

The smaller German states still very much see Prussia as the aggressor, having declared war in reaction to a Bavarian held conference. There isn't really the threat of them switching sides, as merely signing status-quo peaces. The Austrians and French are viewed somewhat better then the Prussias, while the Russians aren't really liked by anyone.