• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok guys. I played for seventeen years now and I'm afraid I got little carried away with conquest. I'll try to restrain myself from now on. And I have to start taking notes. I cant remember to much from the beginning of the game :confused:.

Shortly after loading this two messages showed up.

Clipboard01.jpg

Seems like Spaniards tried some cold-served revenge for drowning their ships. After one or two F-bombs i get to work and started to throw gold bags on second best candidate for curia controller - Portugal. I lucked out. After few months they took control of curia. About 600 gold coins later our kingdom was safe again.

Clipboard02.jpg

And few months later...

Clipboard03.jpg

After two years of cultivating Bavarian-Portuguese friendship they offered me Alliance. I accepted without hesitation. I also tried to ally Byzantine Empire later in the game, but it seems we are not very welcomed there.

In the meantime I rejected mission to incorporate Holland into our realm. The new one was much better.

Clipboard04.jpg

As Poland were fighting with Prussia back then I joined the gang bang. War was swift and uneventful.

Clipboard05.jpg

And so we now have 6 cored CoTs.

After this i got three infamy reducing missions in a row. First one was to convert Flanders to catholicism for -2bb and 10 prestige. I DoW them and Liege and France joined the war on the wrong side. I let Liege go with a white peace and reduced France to OPM by releasing Burbonnais and our vassal 3PM Champagne. I force converted Flanders and took Calais from them.

Second mission was to convert Switzerland to catholicism. First I tried to do this diplomatically but it failed so i canceled their vassalisation and DoW'd them. Thinking about this now it was stupid. I should have canceled the mission. 2 BB for a vassal is not a good trade. Prussia joined the war on Swiss side. I reduced Prussia to OPM by releasing Teutonic Order and force converted Switzerland.

Third mission was to get Royal Marriage with Orleans for -1BB. This mission took the most time actually. Bavarians are not very pretty, it seems. Nobody wants to marry us.

Right around the time we got alliance with Portugal something weird happened to Spain. I didn't really paid attention to them so I don't know how it happened but Spain turned Protestant and Catholic Grenada was released. Catholic Grenada with de Trastamara on their throne. Weirdest thing ever.

Being the good catholic ruler I am I declared war on Spain with sincere hope to clean the country of heresy.

Clipboard06.jpg

Aragon joined them. Portugal joined me. Together with our green ally and horde of vassals we went medieval on Iberian peninsula. Actually Portugal did all the work Airwolf style. I only took Toledo for its gold, but I didn't realized it's Spanish capital so they got away with it after all. Just like the first time around I signed peace with Aragon to get free hand with our navy.

Clipboard07.jpg

After cleaning the sea from threat I transported my idle Sicilian garrison east to help freeing the Holy Land. That didn't take long.

Clipboard08.jpg

Situation on the peninsula after this war:

Clipboard09.jpg

By now you may wandering where is all this conquering i talked about. You see, before I even declared war on Spain something happened. Our beloved cousin Anna of Holstein queen of Great Britain was excommunicated. All this time I was fighting with Spain I was recruiting new regiments on the north.

And when the time was right, being the good catholic ruler I am, i declared war on vile Englishmen and their hated by God ruler.

I'm really disappointed with this war. I expected much more from the second strongest country in the world. Only one 25k stack in Cairo stood against me. Fights in the west were nothing but a sad joke.

With Excommunicated Ruler Casus Belli peace offer could be nothing less but pure gold.

Clipboard10.jpg

Situation on the Iberian Peninsula after this war:

Clipboard11.jpg

Same day I signed peace with British Portuguese called to arms. They started a war with mighty nation of Malacca. I decided to go there for some fun. I packed 7k inf on our transport fleet and set sail. Only to sign white peace while being halfway through. The Game came to conclusion that I'm mad and gave me the event of Temporary Madness of Monarch :rofl:.

After few months this message window showed up:

Clipboard12.jpg

What a great way to finish a game session.

I managed not to destroy our country it seems. We now have over 15k gold. Level 3 fort in every province. Shipyards in every cored coastal province. Pretty descent fleet of 7 transport ships, 6 Caravels and about 20 Galleons. Our best tech is for the moment naval at level 28. I maxed quality slider and if I'll live to the next move I'll go after narrowminded being the good catholic ruler I am.

Nice work!

Have we converted Judea to Catholicism yet so that we may create the Kingdom of Jerusalem?! ;)

Caught up again. Some really good write-ups here, I like the variation from player to player and writer to writer.

I'm also ready and willing to go if you have room for an extra player at some point.

Just noticed that we seem to have switched dynasties along the way. When did the von Wittelsbach line get replaced by von Holstein? :mad:

Not sure, though I'm convinced we're somehow still related to the von Wittelsbach line somehow. :p

The game does seem to be rapidly heading towards that stage where pretty much any enemy will get steamrolled. Lack of naval dominance seems to be the only thing stopping Bavaria right now.

The game does seem to be rapidly heading towards that stage where pretty much any enemy will get steamrolled. Lack of naval dominance seems to be the only thing stopping Bavaria right now.

Thank the Lord I crushed our hopes of having decent naval sliders early on. :p

Yes, I agree. With all of our vassals, it seems that war with anyone is instantly won. Bavaria is in good shape.

I'd love to see Bavaria commission a grand fleet. Perhaps a king shall invade the last, still dignified nation to not lose sovereignty over its homelands, Great Britain: :D

Just noticed that we seem to have switched dynasties along the way. When did the von Wittelsbach line get replaced by von Holstein? :mad:
I don't know either. I know that two or three kings ago when legal heir died a bastard son succeeded to the throne. Maybe it was then?

Thank the Lord I crushed our hopes of having decent naval sliders early on. :p
Strength is in number :p.

I won't be able to write another update today. Watching Rashômon on big screen won with playing EU3.

Savegame reveals that in 1484 Kajetan Maria I von Holstein took the throne, after a 9 year regency. it seems Wilhelm the bastard son of Philipp Wilhelm I von Wittelsbach, (from Klorius' session) never got the chance to prove himself.

So now all y'all need is a fleet and you can begin world domination! :D

Unfortunately today without pictures.

Ernst II von Holstein by the Grace of God, Emperor of the Romans, Ever Augustus, King of Jerusalem, King of the Germans, King of Bavaria, France, Navarre, Valencia, Egypt, Sicily, Bohamia, Duke of Greater Poland, Antioch, Bar, Normandy, Brittany, Gascony, Orleans, Milan, Ferrara, Mantua, Palatine of Rheins, Count of Antioch, Metz, Tirol, Alsace, Aceh and other lands died in February 1642 after almost forty years of his reign. He left his Empire in the hand of his younger brother Johann Theodor I von Holstein who proved himself to be very capable ruler*.

Short period of Ernst's madness seemed to temper his ambitions. Second part of his reign was most peaceful time in recent Bavarian history. There are rumors that Ernst never really recovered from his breakdown and was but a puppet in the hand of brother and his Portugal wife. Whatever the truth may be certain are the reforms embarked during this time. King possessed almost ultimate governing authority over his domain** and its subject people.

He further improved his navy building total of forty grand battleships. He founded new university in souther Germany and new textile manufacture in northern Italy. He designed new education facility to prepare his commanding cadres for any aspect of modern war. This new college was build in Munich.

In AD 1632 died count of Orleans leaving no heir to his land. Ernst incorporated this county into his domain.

In Ernst heart was no place for art. Only for God. Unlike his predecessors he was no patron of art. Instead he was great supporter of the Holy Church and inspired his subjects to attend mass every week***.

During his reign discovery of utmost importance was made. Old map found in burned abbey showed that vast areas of land in the Kingdom of Ferrara was rightfully part of Ernst's patrimony. After few border skirmishes King of Ferrara resigned from his throne and his land was incorporated into Greater Bavaria.

During his reign opinion of Bavarian people was greatly improved in the eyes of Europeans. They are no longer feared and hated throughout the world. They are now considered religious and peaceful people****. This allowed for Ernst to force Anti-Piracy Act on global scale.

Over the last few years of his reign was involved in major war in Asia. Opressed Catholics from Levant territories occupied by Mamluks cried for help to their Emperor promising him homage if he frees them from infidels. They encouraged incidents on Bavarian border that led to full scale war with Mamluks ruled by Nawab of Bengal, and their allies. First acts of war resolved in Egypt where Bavarian forces proved their superiority. Second part of the campaign was to eliminate Malacca from their further activity on the far seas. Bavarian forces conquered land of former Sultanate of Aceh where county of Aceh was established. After peace settlement with Malacca part of the Bavarian forces started final part of the planned campaing - Invasion on Bengal. Ernst II unfortunately didn't live to see its end. One of his final resolution was to create Trade Company to overlook traffic between Europe and newly opened East Asian markets.

* Adm 7 / Mil 5 / Dip 8
** Form of government changed to Absolute Monarchy (No more policy restrictions, yay!)
*** I changed NI Patron of Art to Church Attendance Duty.
**** BB at ~30 at the begining of my game and 2 at the end. I also took Cabinet for new NI.

I can't post attachments so here are the links for saved game: click! or click!
I hope someone will be able to download it and post it here as an attachment.

Great update!

A map of the world when possible would be great too. So we can compare the growth of mighty Bavaria! :)

Great work memnos! :)

The Kingdom of Bavaria has progressed a lot under your rule. Bavaria is truly a powerhouse.

I wonder where our next king shall lead us.

Wow, Bavaria's empire is pretty far-flung. Those are some great additions to Bavaria. Great job Memnos. :)