• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ashes of Empires

Poland to Germany, Germany to Italy, Italy to Austria, Austria to Czechoslovakia....and back to Poland. This Epic War seems to have come full circle and now the German Reich is about to be burned to the ground while the Polish state shall rise from its ashes like the Phoenix.

With victory in Bydgoszcz our next target became Elbing, original German land and now the Communists new capital from which to lead the defense of their crumbling, shattered forces.
We launched the attack and were greeted by a large German force lead by Keitel, our swift attack was proved to be to daring and we ordered a retreat.

Elbing Remains in German Hands...for now

We launched a diversionary attack on Lodz, this distraction along with movement all along the front proved enough and the Germans lowered the number of troops defending Elbing, this was our chance to strike.

Elbing, Defended by the Highly Skilled Heinz Guderian- Even he Stands no Chance Against his Superior Enemy

With troops racing toward Lodz and Elbing the logical next step was Radom, with a minimal garrison this battle was brief.

Radom Assaulted

Elbing, Radom and Lodz have been used to pave a path to Warsaw the former Polish capital, however other provinces would have to be captured to ensure a victorious outcome in the final battle.

*Torun
*Stryj
*Zamosc
*Lublin

These four provinces were attacked in the coming days leading to an assault of Warsaw, these provinces were deemed vital after a failed invasion of Warsaw. The city was heavily guarded and the house to house fighting was not going to make things any easier.

All the provinces were secured despite a battle for Torun that lasted days and required numerous reinforcements. All that was left was to conquer the German armies as they made their last stand in Warsaw the fromer capital of the first Democracy to fall in combat to the Communists.
The Final battle would take place where it all began three years ago...

XvDravarvX said:
Very good story.

You need to clear your inbox so we can continue the discussion we are having there :)

Had'nt realised it iwas full -try now.

Gul Brown said:
Hmm i wonder where SnakeIV is, he is one of the regulars who hasnt reported in ;)
Cracow. I booked a seat as soon as the city was liberated by the almighty Brittish forces. ;)

Gul Brown said:
I so far have'nt touched any files, i may just leave everything as is.
We sure knows about that :mad:

Snake IV said:
Cracow. I booked a seat as soon as the city was liberated by the almighty Brittish forces. ;)

We sure knows about that :mad:

I Havent much experience modding files in Hoi2, if i leave it alone i cant break it ;)

May we see the state of the British Commonwealth? It seems there are many new dominions.

No problem. The reason i did'nt let you all see the other fronts you wanted is because this is a big part of the AAR, one more update then you will all have your screenshots. :)

There seem to be very few Soviet divisions in German-occupied Poland. Where, oh, where could they be?

They are there, although as you say not in great concentration. Im not complaining :D

An End Or...

Britains Attempt to Finish the German Resistance Fails

This was our attempt that failed however after adding Torun to our concquered lands we launched a second attack on the fromer Polish capital, now least bastion of the German armies resistance. The one to lead the attack was decided upon the invasion, it would be General O'Connor.

General O'Connor Leads the Charge Into Warsaw- the Final Battle had Begun!

Rommel fought valiantly but defeat was inevitable, the German armies were defeated. The Heer crippled and demoralised, the Kriegsmarine resting firmly at the bottom of the ocean and the Luftwaffe is now but a memory. All that was left was to occupy Warsaw....and end this.

Victory in Warsaw

Warsaw is Occupied and Germany is Finished

Germany Annexed- Britain has Conquered the German Communist Reich

The Front

Bad Santa said:
Youve still got a lot of work to do to win this, even though germany is gone.

Yep, plenty of work to do yet.
Im relishing the [further] challenge.

Thanks for reading.

MrBurns.jpg

Snake IV said:

One of my favourites characters- thanks.

btw i think this AAR is brilliant keep up the good work.

Thanks Bad Santa, its nice to know my readers are enjoying the AAR. :)

Maby make an event wich make the sov surrender, like the bitter peace? else its gonna be a hell getting all the way to the eastern provinces ..

Thats not a bad suggestion, i would need to learn how though :p and thats IF i can actually defeat the Soviet armies.

Hmm where was the time I followed this otherwise great AAR every day/update.

I'd better catch up, it seems you made a very nice and impressive progres.

Keep up the good work, kinda stupid 'cause I know you will bring good work. ;)

theusje said:
Hmm where was the time I followed this otherwise great AAR every day/update.

I'd better catch up, it seems you made a very nice and impressive progres.

Keep up the good work, kinda stupid 'cause I know you will bring good work. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement, all the kind words are much appreciated :)

My ever snazzy chapter list is there for you so you can catch up theusje.

Gul Brown said:
Thanks for the encouragement, all the kind words are much appreciated :)

My ever snazzy chapter list is there for you so you can catch up theusje.

:eek:

Keeps on scrolling down ... down ;)

theusje said:
:eek:

Keeps on scrolling down ... down ;)

Its a tad long huh? ;)

Nice update, how many divisions do the Soviets have? Hopefully you can keep up the momentum and push them out of Poland, maybe a huge encirclement is in order.

Gul Brown said:
Thats not a bad suggestion, i would need to learn how though :p and thats IF i can actually defeat the Soviet armies.
Is it just me, or didn't you claim to be the creator of this scenario sometime in the beinning?