• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your point about Germany and Italy is and excellent one, i hadnt thought of it that way.
If i were to Liberate Italy and Germany and with my troops hold them for say a year i wonder by then if they would be able to hold back the Soviets or atleast do it with minimal British aid. Also when [if] both nations fall i wonder if France would send in troops?
Hmm interesting!
I dont know anything about how the French AI other than it LOVES the Maginot line. I do know however, that you shouldnt have any problem holding the USSR and the Germans (who will be reduced to Poland and have only their Prussian National Provinces, depending on when you stop advancing). It will get progressively easier to hold the line/advance as your puppets/allies you have military control of produce units, and you can probably launch your own offensive into the USSR eventually. Look at it this way: you are ALREADY holding the communists back and actually making gains. Think of how much easier it will get.

General Jac said:
You are having great success in Italy I see ;) , if all goes acording to plan your forces on the Italian front and the German front shall soon meet :D

Once Rome falls things will be looking pretty good in Italy. It may take a while to link up with Germany though.

Thanks for reading.

I dont know anything about how the French AI other than it LOVES the Maginot line. I do know however, that you shouldnt have any problem holding the USSR and the Germans (who will be reduced to Poland and have only their Prussian National Provinces, depending on when you stop advancing). It will get progressively easier to hold the line/advance as your puppets/allies you have military control of produce units, and you can probably launch your own offensive into the USSR eventually. Look at it this way: you are ALREADY holding the communists back and actually making gains. Think of how much easier it will get.

Thanks for the vote of confidence although i must admit im still daunting the prospect of having to hold off the Soviet Union while i wait for two new nations to build up. The thing that worries me is the size of the front, when[if] Germany and Italy can be puppeted i will then try and help Yugoslavia [dammit i have a soft spot for them now because of how gutsy they have been :) ] however once Yugoslavia is freed and Bulgaria and Romania are annexed i will have a large border to defend hence your excellent point of puppeting Germany for the sheer ammount of troops she will make.
Also, those French really do love their Maginot line!

Thanks for reading

Gul Brown said:
Cottbus is Captured and the Communist Attacks are Repelled!
Outstanding! Are you going to attack Berlin or surround it?

noobermenschen said:
Outstanding! Are you going to attack Berlin or surround it?

Im going to try and take Kustrin so Berlin is surrounded then i will attack it.

FRG is also really good for infantry and doctrine techs. Good update, as usual.

Woah, great AAR here. I'd say you had better hurry up and finish off Germany and the Soviets, because America is only going to get stronger and stronger, in another year they'll probably have a scary amount of divisions.

SeanB said:
Woah, great AAR here. I'd say you had better hurry up and finish off Germany and the Soviets, because America is only going to get stronger and stronger, in another year they'll probably have a scary amount of divisions.

I would love to see either the Soviets invade the USA or the USA invade the Soviet Union. It would be a nice distraction and keep both of them in line. Im really hoping Germany can be finished off but there is a long way to go yet.
You are right, the armies of both the Soviets and USA grow at an alarming rate.

Thanks for reading :)

HA! good job...

I thought so ;)

FRG is also really good for infantry and doctrine techs. Good update, as usual.

Thanks. Also as for releasing Germany i think i will, it is a must. The sheer size of the country would make fighting partisans while holding off the Soviet hordes impossible. I had decided to puppet Italy from the start, perhaps when they build up they will help out Yugoslavia.

An update should be soon, thanks for reading :)

Onwards To Rome!

Is there dissention is the ranks of the Commintern? This is the question we and the rest of the world were asking when we witnessed Romania be sliced up by her fellow Commintern members. In the middle of such an Epic War where the Allies are pressing ahead further into Germany and the threat of the Axis looms from overseas the Commintern can hardly afford to have internal problems in their ranks...we hope it continues.

Germany Forces her Ally to Cede Territory to a Neutral Nation

Bulgaria Demands Territory From a Fellow Commintern Member and is Successful

This may seem bad for the Commintern but the blows Britain would inflict on Germany were even worse as we enjoyed one of our most successful periods of the war.
We knew the value of Rome and continued with our plan to capture her, Anzio had to fall to prepare for our Assault on the former Italian capital.

Anzio and Cassino are Captured and Held

General Giffard was enjoying his first victories in Italy, his performance had been excellent and we entrusted the invasion and capture of Rome to our newest General. Giffard would lead the assault on the legendary city alone and would be tasked with defending her against any and all counter-attacks from the large Communist force in Italy.

Our plan was working well so far, keeping a linear advance in German held Italy would be essential to our victory and to continue with this we launched our attack on Pescara. This attack had a second ulterior motive, to create a diversion and distract the Communist forces from our scheduled attack of Rome that would be launched the next day. Lt.General Montgomery was tasked with leading the attack and capturing Pescara while being supported by troops in Cassino, also the attack would allow our troops in Naples time to advance to the front.

Montgomery Assaults Pescara to Steady our Advance

Our attack on Pescara worked perfectly, Montgomery was victorious and the Communists removed troops from Rome in order to hold their line. This was our chance to attack Rome and Giffard proceeded as planned....and attacked Rome!

The Garrison of Rome Shrinks to two Divisions, Victory is in Sight!

The overwhelmed German forces fought valiantly but were overwhelmed, a battle for one of the most famous cities in History was over and General Giffard, the man brought in to replace the famous General Ironside has achieved perhaps Britains greatest victory of this war!

Victory in Rome: The German Defenders Vacate the City as British Troops March Onwards

While this was undoubtedly one of our greatest victories this was not the end of our period of success and for the Germans the headache would continue to worsen.

Splendid. German troop precence might increase in Italy soon. Try to reach the Florence-Rimini line before that happeneds.

And I am curious abuot the eastern Yugoslavian front. How does it look?

Snake IV said:
Splendid. German troop precence might increase in Italy soon. Try to reach the Florence-Rimini line before that happeneds.

And I am curious abuot the eastern Yugoslavian front. How does it look?

Im going to update again soon, there is more to tell.

You wish to see yugoslavia? I will get a screenshot soon. They are holding off the Bulgarians and Romanians, i just hope they can hold on.

Your suggestion of reaching Florence and Rimini is exactly my line of thought because yes the number of troops is increasing although my combined force should be enough. I am however worried about the massive fortifications on the Italy France border.

Siegfried Surge

Our Victories in Italy were the start of a glorious run of victories for us against the Communists, we were also delighted at the completion of our first tank army and immediatly sent it to the coast to be loaded onto transports to be taken to Germany. Our crusader tanks are expected to give us some much needed speed and power in Germany and will enable us to compete with the German panzers.

Our Technology Advances Along With our Newly Formed Tank Army

In Italy we ordered Montgomery to continue on from his success in Pescara and attack Rimini. As we stated in a prior update Rimini and Florence are our goals along with Rome. This part of Italy bottles up to two provinces instead of the three from the centre and will allow us to hold on to what we have taken due to the concentration of our numbers in these two provinces.
The Attack was launched and Montgomery recorded yet another victory for Britain.

Rimini Will Fall to Britain Only Florence is Left

Also there is a good chance that we may be able to cut off retreating troops from Rome and surrounding provinces, perhaps we will be able to capture some Communist troops.

Siegfried Line

The Siegfried Line has been a thorn in our side for a long time, our push south has been slowed to a crawl because of it. We have large numbers of troops surrounding the Siegfried Line just to contain the troops there because we felt it would be too diffiuclt to fight our way through the defenses against large numbers of German troops behind their fortifications.

Upon our attacks in Italy we decided to launch an attack on the German and Slovakian divisions in the Siegfried Line, they had been reorganising and we felt now was our best hope...and we were fully aware this was a risky move.

We Launch our Attack on the Siegfried Line, Defeated Troops can be Seen in the Photo Retreating from Their Fortifications

At first we had attacked with six divisions based in Frankfurt-am-Main and Saarbrucken but this had been an insufficient force required so we supported the attack with a further seven divisions from adjacent provinces and this tipped the balance in our favour. The German troops retreated and while more came to replace them the end was in sight.

We have Defeated the Garrison in Part of the Siegfried Line!

Excellent work. Good news in both front.

I'm surprised the Yugoslavians(i cant spell) are pushing into Austria/Germany now.

Great job on this btw. Germany is about to fall and its only the beginning of 1941.

boom said:
Excellent work. Good news in both front.

I'm surprised the Yugoslavians(i cant spell) are pushing into Austria/Germany now.

Great job on this btw. Germany is about to fall and its only the beginning of 1941.

The Yugoslavians took that province in Austria quite a while ago, its impressive they have held it.

As i said i am getting a soft spot for Yugoslavia, they have fought very well against the odds. I know how they feel :D

1941, im still not convinced that German defeat is inevitable, i have a large part of the place to conquer. Also the Czechs and Poles need liberated.

Thanks for the kind words Boom, i hope you keep enjoying my AAR.

boom said:
As long as it dosent end/crash/get destroyed , i'll be here. Lurking in the shadows mayby but ill be here....

*ninja nerfs out of here*

If the game was going to crash and be unplayable i would have expected it to be much earlier. Dont want to speak too soon but it seems fine. The big test wil be when/if i puppet the Germans although my hopes are high that it would work.

If you puppet someone, i would go into the Save file and check there build prioritys. Some puppets have 50 Militia and 50 HQ or so. Might have to make it "more suitable" for your needs.

boom said:
If you puppet someone, i would go into the Save file and check there build prioritys. Some puppets have 50 Militia and 50 HQ or so. Might have to make it "more suitable" for your needs.

Wouldnt Germany and Italy already have a suitable AI ready to know what to do? Hmm i will check on it when/if it happens though as you said.

Gul Brown said:
Wouldnt Germany and Italy already have a suitable AI ready to know what to do? Hmm i will check on it when/if it happens though as you said.
Germany is not the same as the Bundesrepublik. Italy's AI, well, have it proved itself usefull?

The End Is In Sight

Rome Is Occupied

Rome and Berlin are now, after another glorious month of combat in Germany, under British control. This is momentous and Germany is now clearly on the brink of defeat, Britain is on the verge of single handedly defeating Germany and striking a huge blow to the Commintern. The Allies will then become the strongest force on Earth with the added backing of released Germany and Italy.

After Rome fell, we did not hang about and continued our thrust north and we managed to send the Communist troops into retreat all along the front and after numerous battles we have achieved our objective of reaching Florence and Rimini.

Soon Afterward Attacks Were Launched on Both Florence and Rimini

In Germany itself we launched an attack on Kustrin, after it had been occupied we attacked Berlin....and failed. A huge battle ensued and we were thrown back in both Berlin and Kustrin resulting in us being back to where we started.
Similarly to this we launched numerous attacks on Friedrichshafen all of which were repelled, we had intended to cut off Freiburg and capture the troops there but this idea will not come to fruition as of now. However we have secured Stuttgart and from here we will launch our final assault on freiburg which will relieve the pressure on the Maginot line and allow us to free up our troops and head East.

Stuttgart is Secure

Berlin​

We decided to forego an assault on Kustrin and directly attack Berlin. This was partly due to the fact the Communist forces are constantly reorganising their lines due to our advances all across the front and partly due to the fact our tank army had arrived in Cottbus. Clearly a victory in Berlin could be the deciding factor in our victory in Germany, their capital would be ours and one of their key centres of supply would be cut off.
Delighted with the power of our new tank force we launched a massive assault on Berlin.

Finally the Defenders in Berlin are Thinner in Number

Victory! The Defenders in Berlin are Defeated!

Berlin is Occupied by British Forces

DDR​

It is clear Germany is rocked, with the loss of their capital the momentum is firmly placed with Britain. We must begin preparations for the defeat of Germany and our plan for the future.
As you are aware we intend on liberating Italy and Germany and this will be initiated very soon. Italy will take much longer howeveer Germany is on the brink of collapse and once the following provinces have fallen to Britain we shall create a new Democratic Government in Germany.

*Stettin
*Kustrin
*Breslau
*Oppeln
*Freiburg

On the fall of these problems we shall hand over control of occupied Germany to the DDR and shall fight on against the Communists to liberate the other nations who have fallen.

*Austria
*Czech
*Poland

These nations must be liberated and we shall not stop until all the oppressed nations of Europe are free while fending of the Communists and aiding Yugoslavia.

A Future Free Democratic Germany?