• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is a truly outstanding AAR and I loved the latest update even if I did groan slightly when I read the words 'World Cup'. I'll go hide now shall I?

Anyway I'd like to see Japan vs Mittelafrika if it's at all possible, Goering vs Imperial Japan should provide levels of insanity fitting for this AAR.

I can't wait by the way. An all British final must be in the offing!

Who knows. It would make for a nice story, but English teams do have the tendency to implode ;).

I was stunned when i realised all the references to british comedy:eek: still awesome though:D

Guess this AAR could aso be known as: Dutchie shamelessly ripps of British comedy :D.

This could be interesting as it appears most of the national managers are of the Saddam school of player motivation! :eek:

Still at least the ref will know if someone goes down they wont be faking an injury, I'm expecting violence and plenty of it as players literally play for their lives. :D

Yup. Fair play is rather low on the to-do list of most teams. However, going as far as Uday Hussein will probably break some forum rules...

In Flashie we trust!

Here, here...

I FINALLY got to watch the movie. It's so damn awesome.

Haven't found it myself yet. Mostly based Blimp off the WW2 cartoons.

This is a truly outstanding AAR and I loved the latest update even if I did groan slightly when I read the words 'World Cup'. I'll go hide now shall I?

Anyway I'd like to see Japan vs Mittelafrika if it's at all possible, Goering vs Imperial Japan should provide levels of insanity fitting for this AAR.

Sorry, World Cup fever is reaching epidemic levels :D.

I hope to have the first match monday (depending how the Dutch team performs).

Dude, World Cup is becoming Epidemic? I live in Brazil! :rofl:
Anyway, In our Lovely Colonel's Universe, Brazil is SyNdIeZ? And when is he coming to South America? *-*

Sorry for not updating for a while. Reallife WC fever has overtaken fictional worldcup fever :D.
Tonight the Dutch team has the chance to make it to the final for the first time since 1978. If we make it I might just celebrate with an update tomorrow ;).

Sorry for not updating for a while. Reallife WC fever has overtaken fictional worldcup fever :D.
Tonight the Dutch team has the chance to make it to the final for the first time since 1978. If we make it I might just celebrate with an update tomorrow ;).

Well you better win, because the Fatherland likes defeating Holland in the Final. :D

Unfortunately I haven't be able to update the adventures of our favourite Briton for a while now. With a paperdeadline just around the corner I will not be able to give a new update for a week or two. But rest assured that the Colonel will return after that.
However, should I continue Blimps world cup or restart the adventure in Spain? Irs your choice, dear readAARs.

Unfortunately I haven't be able to update the adventures of our favourite Briton for a while now. With a paperdeadline just around the corner I will not be able to give a new update for a week or two. But rest assured that the Colonel will return after that.
However, should I continue Blimps world cup or restart the adventure in Spain? Irs your choice, dear readAARs.

Annoyed at the Spaniards, are we? :D

Just a bump to tell you all this AAR isn't dead, it's just sleeping.

Currently I am putting the finishing touches on a very important paper, a paper that ate most of my free time for the last few months.

Furthermore, I find this AAR the most difficult to update of all my AARs. Writing a story of Medieval backstabbing? No problem. A story about a convoluted Kaiserreich-mystery? Can do that. Being forcedly funny? Quite difficult. So with my time limited, I decided to spend it on the AARs that are easier to update.

Just give me a week or two, and you will all see Blimp arise from the ashes...

c'mon, just tell us the truth. u haven't got over it... the iberians must pay!!! together with the octopus!!! :D

Come on, Dutchie, awake this AAR! Sir Nev is looking at a banana with wild eyes!!!

i_have_in_my_hand_a_banana___by_edthomasten-d375n15.jpg

Do you see!

ALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM!!!!!

:D

"Egads captain Mainwaring, we aren't forgotten yet! Some German named Steiner is asking us to continue!"

"Yes George, although I believe Sir Steiner is actually Catalan, not German."

"A caravan? Captain, aren't vehicles incapable of speech. Although, I've never trusted that Ford across the streets. It looks like it knows something..."

"Sigh. No George, a Catalan is a Spaniard with a funny accent. Think of them as the Welshmen of Spain, only with less sheeps. Or hair for that matter."

"So, are we continuing our adventures?"

"Only the author knows that, although planning to write a Worldcup special before a humiliating defeat in the finals probably scared him off. Well, at least Sir Neville had some time to calm down"

"Arrrrgggghhhh, Syndiez, sYNdiEZ everywhere.........."

"Sigh. Yet it wouldn't be a Blimpist update without him. Unfortunately."

"Syndies, SYndIEZ EveRYwhERE. ThEY aRe aFTerMeeEEEee!"

Seriously, being (somewhat) funny/corny is more difficul than writing a more serious update. Yet writing Blimp was fun, so I will look into the possibilities of a grand return.

"Sigh. No George, a Catalan is a Spaniard with a funny accent. Think of them as the Welshmen of Spain, only with less sheeps. Or hair for that matter."

WHAT THE FUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

To say that a Catalan is a Spaniard is like saying to an Scot that he's English!

In any case, we are the Scots of Spain but without kilt!

But with Peti :D

To say that a Catalan is a Spaniard is like saying to an Scot that he's English!
Ahh. So that's something that, while considered correct by 99% of the world, offends both of the concerned parties. I can see that would be annoying. ;)

Ahh. So that's something that, while considered correct by 99% of the world, offends both of the concerned parties. I can see that would be annoying. ;)

At least to one of the two. While an Englishbeing may feel slighted by hearing a Scotfella being called to be an Englishbeing, and viceversa, a Scotfella may give himself to the devil if he's called an Englishbeing, I don't think that a Spaniard would be offended by hearing a Catalan being called Spaniard, but the Catalan (depending on several factors) may think otherwise.

At least to one of the two. While an Englishbeing may feel slighted by hearing a Scotfella being called to be an Englishbeing, and viceversa, a Scotfella may give himself to the devil if he's called an Englishbeing, I don't think that a Spaniard would be offended by hearing a Catalan being called Spaniard, but the Catalan (depending on several factors) may think otherwise.

Only the few die-hard separatists.

I'm not sure letting Blimp loose at a World Cup would have been a very good idea. Surrounded by foreigners that don't play properly - madness.

The is an old Flanders & Swan song which complains about foreigners playing sport. I think it has lines saying:
The sulk when they're losing
They gloat when they've won
And they practice beforehand which ruins the fun.

*Chorus*Oh the English, the English, the English are best.
I wouldn't give tuppence for all of the rest*/Chorus*

I think Blimp would agree.

Last edited: