• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Eddie Teach
Kind of an informal survey I guess. What is the stupidest aspect of the game? By this I mean what makes the least sense, not what is the most annoying.

Great Royal Hunt event which ends with +150 / -150 = no change relations with the same country. (nb this is even more useless in the last beta as they have - correctly - changed it so that the + and - events alternate. Before at least it could destroy relations with a friendly country)

No naval attrition for AI. (it is understandable from a programming point of view but it is still stupid)

Americans in European CoTs. (The great mercantile Iriquois Federation)

Not being able to annex a country in one war (unless it has only one province of course). Again, understandablel for gameplay purposes but stupid.

:)

Being able to claim a huge province as yours by merely setting up a trading post with 10 men - thus preventing someone else from marching their 5000-man army through it or indeed setting up their own TP 100 miles further up the coast.

Magically assimilating 10,000 natives into your culture and religion by increasing your colony from 600 to 700 settlers.

Having to stop a war because the enemy government has collapsed.

Originally posted by Owl
[B...................

Having to stop a war because the enemy government has collapsed. [/B]

This one does not seem too stupid to me. Rebels topple govt. and tell you to keep what ever you have 'cause all they wanted was to get rid of the folks continuing the war.:)

Originally posted by Sonny

This one does not seem too stupid to me. Rebels topple govt. and tell you to keep what ever you have 'cause all they wanted was to get rid of the folks continuing the war.:)

What if you were not finished with the war. :)

And did not want the huge BB hit.

Originally posted by Owl

Magically assimilating 10,000 natives into your culture and religion by increasing your colony from 600 to 700 settlers.

That would be magic :) since mine get assimilated at 600.
I guess I have better magic. :D

Not being able to free the vassals you want with the number of provinces you want.

Cat

Originally posted by Castellon

What if you were not finished with the war. :)

And did not want the huge BB hit.

Exactly. The fact that the rebels "only" want to topple their government wouldn't stop you continuing and sacking their capital or whatever it was you intended to do before the collapse. It would presumably make it easier in fact.
Nor would it force you to absorb all those ugly provinces you'd passed through on the way :D

I dislike the fact that you can't talk in EU2 multiplayer without crashing, you MUST play on 1=2 or else it lags out, and you get loans even when you have below 100 money in the treasury. (all multiplayer gripes)

I've played a lot of MP and I've only encountered the lag problem. :)

To me, missions isn't part of the game. :D

So, to me the 'stupidest' thing about it is that I'd love it all to be even more micromanaging. :D Closer political control, more options etc. :)

I'd say the AI is the stupidest thing in EUII.
I mean, there was NO WAY that Byzantium was going to survive. Yet, as a human, you can annex the Ottomans like 15 years into the game. (10 if you capture everything magically at once and they accept peace.)

Originally posted by KwangTiger
I'd say the AI is the stupidest thing in EUII.
I mean, there was NO WAY that Byzantium was going to survive.

That's arguable and there already was kind discussion of a on this point.

Last edited: