• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A month out of the forums and I come back to find your pagans still going strong. Hurrah!

The colonies aren't worthless they produce manpower and you'll need every warm body you can find when the Europeans come calling.

As for your next move I'd definitely consider going after Portugal. They're small enough you can inflict a reasonable amount of WE on them through occupation of the Kongolese provinces. Spies will help a lot, who knows they might end up Tribal if you hurt them enough :D

Last edited:
A month out of the forums and I come back to find your pagans still goigng strong. Hurrah!

The colonies aren't worthless they produce manpower and you'll need every warm body you can find when the Europeans come calling.

As for your next move I'd definitely consider going after Portugal. They're small enough you can inflict a reasonable amount of WE on them through occupations of the Kongolese provinces. Spies will help a lot, who knows they might end up Tribal if you hurt them enough :D

Tribal Portugal! :D:rofl:

@anteep
How dare you call my blue manly and therefore compare it to those silly humans?

@Derdiedas
That would be a way to win the war, however I doubt I could pull it off without trying 10 times. Even Muslim rebels are twice as effective man for man as my troops. So I'd probably need 3 times as many soldiers as they have at home, which would be an attritionfest
As of yet, Tripoli hasn't allied with anyone but England.

@Vesimir
That would be much too easy. I've even seen African cavalry in that mod ;)

@Fronzel
If I'd have discovered Portugese Kongo, I probably would have attacked them instead of Morocco. But who knows what happens in the next update ;)

@GregoryTheBruce
Thanks for that great advice. Am I right in assuming that the best time to strike is 2 months after England dows. Noone would expect that :cool:

@Shortynds
Right now people seem still focussed on the Americas. The cape is a target, but there's so many provinces and so little colonists. And even less money to pay for all of them.

@PrawnStar
They definitely serve a purpose (usually not manpower, about half of them have base 0), but they won't save me from bankrupcy anytime soon.

@PhilleP
Just wait and see what I do to France - or will they even survive until then? *dramatic look*

@squigian
Tagging along with England would be nice, however a naval assault (around Tripoli) of the Mamluks might be pretty difficult now they've got their new infantry. And all other North African targets should be beatable without help.

And on the mark of this AAR reaching 100 replies, I'd like to thank all followers for following :D and of course replying.

New update coming up soon. Parcae will like it.

Last edited:
Chapter 12: It's still more surprising than Luke's parentage

Mar 1531: We start building up our fledgling fleet with some transport capacity. Just what could we need those for?
Fleet-Buildup.jpg

Oct 1531: Well, that's a way to spruce up our worthless colonies
Agricultural-Revolution.jpg

Apr 1532: We've reached Government Tech 9 and can choose a new National Idea. After realising that the missionary idea only gives 0.5 yearly missionaries and it won't be useful until at least 2 more slider moves, we're all "New World here we come!"
Know already what we're up to?
Idea.jpg

Now it should be clear. Our brave Explorer sets sail.
Explorer.jpg

Jun 1532: But hey, if noone else wants it, I'll go west too.
Trinidad.jpg

Oct 1532: In just two voyages, we've made our way around the Cape. Those pirates shouldn't be more than a nuisance to our full invasion fleet.
Swahili-Reached.jpg

Jan 1533: Our invasion fleet is filled with eager soldiers looking for a life on the East Coast. We've also discovered Loango, so we could actually attack the Portugese with a clear conscience. But that will have to wait until Cameroon and Gabon are better fortified. (Which right now would be the case if a thorny hedge had grown on the border)
Invasion-Fleet-sets-sail.jpg

Feb 1533: It's slider move time, and we move another step toward narrowminded. Now we're only at -0.6 missionaries per year. Also, a few days after the slider move, the Trinidad colony is successfully established
Slider-Move-Trinidad.jpg

Mar 1533: The invasion fleet has reached Swahili shores. Btw, who gave away our plan to Swahili and gave them that mission? The fleet quickly sails back to get the second batch of soldiers.
Dow-Swahili.jpg

Here's a comparison (if there's any) of the two warring parties. Also, the Mamluks are busy nibbling at our nerves.
War-comparison.jpg

And those poor Castilians are still stuck in the PU with England.
I-want-to-break-free.jpg

Aug 1533: We're back in the mission business. And yes, we managed to lose Fez to rebels. Though in our defense, those Moroccan Rebels cheated and didn't fight with the customary sharp sticks.
New-Mission-1.jpg

Nov 1533: 8 months into the war, we've found the first traces of the enemy. First 8000 pretender rebels from the capital, then a bit later the first Swahili army. A few days later they start marching south into our province, so we retreat. Let them fight their rebels themselves.
War-2.jpg

Dec 1533: Fez is retaken and we get a new mission. It's really a QUEST for the new world. (Apologies to humor for that lame pun)
New-Mission-2.jpg

Jan 1534: Finally all the TI is uncovered. Now we can start and win the war.
War-3.jpg

Mar 1534: That's how I like my battles.
War-4.jpg

Jul 1534: And that's how I don't like my wars. Those darn rebels are everywhere. And they even reinforce if left alone...
War-5.jpg

In better news, our colony at the Gold Coast has reached city size.
Gold-Coast.jpg

And in two-sided news: Not to let our colonial maintenance sink to payable levels, Essequibo is colonized a few days later.
New-Mission-3.jpg

Our new mission seems to be somewhat flawed to say the least, and so two days later we're ordered to colonize Whydah, closing the final gap in our coast and closing our busiest month ever after 4 screenshots.
New-Mission-4.jpg

Sep 1534: Our third free slider move towards free subjects. Good news is always welcome.
Redress.jpg

Oct 1534: The war is not exactly progressing according to plan. We now have less warscore than a year ago. But at least we can walk up the coast pretty much unopposed, with all Rebel and Swahili forces ruining our plan in here in the South.
War-6.jpg

Dec 1534: Our Admirals are concerned about our total land focus. Of course we always aim to please, so from now on we're only very very much focussed on land wars.
Admirals-Concerned.jpg

Mar 1535: Why do they keep on tempting me? Whydah is colonized and already we have to start a new colony.
New-Mission-5.jpg

Jul 1535: Now those Rebels are even annoying in the North.
War-8.jpg

Oct 1535: Finally we're wearing down the rebels. But if we want to prevent them from regaining strength, we can't afford the time to play with the Swahili, even if it's going so well.
War-9.jpg

Dec 1535: Our 3* Government Reformer dies and is replaced by a distinctly less African-sounding advisor.
Advisor-dead.jpg

Feb 1536: We've finally destroyed the rebels. Now we can mop up the rest of the countryside and finish this update.
War-10.jpg

Mar 1536: Oh please let them inherit Ming. I always wanted to fight a greenish-gray blob.
Malwa-PU.jpg

Apr 1536: After 3 years of walking in circles, we can finally send our terms to Swahili. We're taking 4 gold provinces and a poor fifth one so the whole thing looks better. Plus some cash we'll easily burn through until the next war.
Peace.jpg

May 1536: Here's our so called economy after this war. New colonies will definitely have to wait until a few of the bigger ones have grown enough.
Economy.jpg

And once again, no big changes in the world.
EU3_MAP_ASH_153651_1.gif

Coming up: When will we have to start minting?

Woot, you finally got some colonies worth having... eventually. :D

Quite Impressive AAR! ;)

And a Quite Impressive World! :eek:
Scandinavia, Huge Ming, Golden Horde, Hungary and Byzantines :p

Glad to see that the peaceful war of conquest is still raging...:D

Didn't Rome already try the whole, "spend yourself into huge budget deficits and make up for it with loot from wars" strategy? Seems to me they found a pretty big pitfall at some point or another. :p