• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible...great AAR.

Nation: Desmond
Difficulty: Hard
Aggressiveness: Normal
Lucky Nations: Random
Mod: MMP
Style: Gameplay

My own personal rules: No reloads/cheating, those are the things that make playing a strategy game pointless.

Try to create Ireland.

Test various MMP events, decisions, etc. while trying to not get myself killed needlessly.

My RPG type rules: I can never sign an alliance with England, Scotland or anything else that may pop up on that evil island. I can make deals with them such as Military Access and the like but absolutely no alliances and no gifts.

I must always remain Catholic and be nice to the Papal States. If I see a country turning Protestant, to Calvinism or something else then they’ll be on my hit list. #1 on my hit list are the English because they’re English. #2 is Scotland because it borders England.

Destroy Scotland and England.

I have to always be nice to the Papal States and if they're annexed and request my land, no matter where it is, I must give it to them. So I’ll be trying to keep the Papal States from annexation.

Each update will cover either 10 or 20 years and a post will be released every day or every other day.

I’m going to keep this AAR brief (thus the 10 - 20 year updates per post) because I want to do a quick review of MM and the only way I can ever get through a game is if I do an AAR about it. So, obviously because of the 10 - 20 year updates this isn’t going to be too gameplay heavy; more than anything it’ll be a casual romp (for you, me? I’ll be fighting for my life.)

I played about half the game before I read the mm instruction book which is why I have random nations. Its also the reason why I took a blow torch to my computer at the start of 1455. (I did start on MM's recommended date.)

Update to come soon:

The Sons of Erin or My Attempt to Not Die is brought to you by the most steadily unpopular AAR writer around, Brandenburg III!

Why do say you "brought to you by the most steadily unpopular AAR writer around, Brandenburg III!" You helped me out...three cheers for you! At least you have me as a fan.

Novel idea on how you set up you AAR.

Range said:
Why do say you "brought to you by the most steadily unpopular AAR writer around, Brandenburg III!" You helped me out...three cheers for you! At least you have me as a fan.

That’s a little of my glancing humor.

My AARs are vastly unpopular (with the exception of this one) in comparison to other writers with at least one other AAR under their belt. If you look at views and replies in comparison with others, the stuff I put out there isn’t nearly as popular with the exception of this brief AAR.

That’s a little of my glancing humor.

My AARs are vastly unpopular (with the exception of this one) in comparison to other writers with at least one other AAR under their belt. If you look at views and replies in comparison with others, the stuff I put out there isn’t nearly as popular with the exception of this brief AAR.

Oh, that's not your fault! Your other AARs were not played using Magna Mundi. ;)

ubik said:
Oh, that's not your fault! Your other AARs were not played using Magna Mundi.

Well, the only EU3 AAR without mods that I created was my recent Algiers project which has just finished.

Yaroslavl - MM 4
Japan - MM 4
Algiers narrative - MM4
Algiers: PictAARs - Vanilla
United States of America - American Enhancement Mod 1.2
Ireland - MMP 1.4
Future Algiers project - based on the Algiers MM4 game.

Vanilla games get too blobby for me to repeatedly play. They’re not much fun when they go beyond a certain point.

So I did play with mods and MM, but I didn't shamelessly advertise. The reason I did with Ireland was because I was curious if there'd be a change in views and comments.

Edit: I think this goes to show that probable AAR readers glance at a title rather than open the link to read the content.

Last edited:
People usually tend to read AARs to learn and improve their own gaming, or simply for the fun of it. :p
The harder the game is, the greater the ambitions, the more lucrative the AAR becomes.
And if the tittle promises 'death or glory' and the game is 'extremely' challenging in the beginning, the more readers receives.

-Yaroslavl is not that hard to play, nor are the neighbours that bloodthirsty
-Algiers has several provinces and can expand with mediocore ease
-Irish minor, yeah! There is a English neighbour who can conquer with an tremendous swiftness and you start with one province that is not really rich. That's a challenge.

That’s beside the point. My point was that the other AARs weren’t as popular as this one. ubik mentioned they would have been if they were played with the MM mod. I pointed out that almost every AAR I made was created with a mod and the only real difference between them and the Ireland project was that I put MM in the title for Ireland. In return, its now argued that the Irish nation was half of the views and the MM mod the other half. But if we use that logic, the other projects should’ve received at least half of the attention the Ireland AAR had because I used MM in those other AARs.

This discussion is really much ado about nothing if one compares the results of this AAR (which amounted 16k posts in about 40 days) to some of my other AARs (a number which none of them reached excepting the recent Algiers AAR.)

The result is that people look at titles before they look into the content of the AAR. If it has a mod labeled in its title, its going to gather more attention. This isn’t a bad thing but it is a fact.

I only started reading this one due to the MMP in the title. I was looking for MM AAR since I like to read about the goings on in there ever if I don't play it. Still, I read the whole thing because of the good wirting, if it was bad I wouldn't have :)

Thread Closed By Request of Author

Status
Not open for further replies.