• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
World-spanning in just two generations. Very common for Steppe Empires, less so for Jewish ones.

So we await the continuation.

1) Yeah, another argument for senility events to go along with the new childhood and regency ones :)

2) RGB or someone who can read Russian, is there any chance of getting a translation of (all or most of) this page?

I'd always thought the designers had just been lazy with the Khazar menorah, but it turns out they were doing it up in tamga style. (Apparently, Turks are the Texans of the Old World and identified themselves mostly by means of cattle brands.) This is a page of tamgas and I'm curious which ones go with which tribes (and more specifically, which ones go with tribes during the 1066+ period that we should represent with CK coats of arms.)

I think the Cuman one is this one:
||
but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
RGB or someone who can read Russian, is there any chance of getting a translation of (all or most of) this page?

Will do, PM will be sent.

These are the tamgas of Kazakh Juzes, probably 16th c. onwards.

(Apparently, Turks are the Texans of the Old World and identified themselves mostly by means of cattle brands.)

Not very different from Rurikid personal marks (Yaroslav's falcon/trident is still there on Ukraine's coat of arms today) or even Byzantine officials' signet rings, actually (before they discovered heraldry). But the cattle-brand aspect of course is unique to nomadic or semi-nomadic cultures. Or Texans.

Last edited:
And so passes Etrek. It will be difficult for his son to maintain a hold on the entire empire, but hopefully he can at least retain the core territories, and perhaps get a few conquests of his own. We shall see if Etrek's empire follows the way of Attila or of Genghis...

CHAPTER THREE: The Reign of Khutan I, also called Khutan the Clumsy and Khutan the Short-Lived

The people of Desht-i-Kipchak could sense a new era was coming, with the Khutan taking the throne. Feast and grand festivals were held, all in celebration of Khutan, whom people were starting to call Khutan the Magnificent. The dawning of the Age of Judaism was at hand.

Khutan himself has been feasting and drinking for several days, both in the memory of his father, the greatest khagan the Cumans have ever known, and in the future he planned to build. Already plans were being made to erect a statue of Etrek, made of the purest gold, in Desht-i-Kipchak's square.

Khutan is crowned khagan in a short ceremony, with much feasting and partying. Then Khutan, as the new khagan speaks at his father's funeral, which is finally coming to an end after nearly a week of mourners come and pay their respects to a man who ranked among Solomon and David, as well as pay homage to the next great khagan.

Khutan's speech is deeply moving; it tells of how Etrek lost his father at the hands of the bastard Georgians, how he inherited a land where most of the peasants were still pagans and revolts over religious matters were daily. He tells of how Etrek bested the Pechenegs, Greeks, Georgians, and Rus' even his old age. Surely, says Khutan, the mere memory of Etrek will halt any future attack by those who would wish to see khaganate fall.

Khutan returns to his castle, and holds yet another great feast. Stomach ready to burst and happily drunk, Khutan stumbles up the stairs to his room. But he missteps and tumbles down the stairs and out a nearby window. No one's sure what killed Khutan, the fall or the broken neck. But the result is the same: After three days of ruling, Khutan is dead. This earns him the new title of Khutan the Clumsy, which is how history chooses to remember him to this day.

3-day rule.

Awesome. Hardly knew ya, Khutan!

I have never seen such a short reign in all my years of playing Crusader Kings and reading/writing Crusader Kings AARs. Congratulations to Khutan, for he has reigned shorter than any ruler I have ever seen before! A nice contrast to the 70 year reign of his father. I wonder what will happen now. This could spell trouble, possibly even disaster for the realm. :eek:

Hey, at least he knew how to properly celebrate the long, distinguished reign of his father.

"Falling down the stairs"... That brings back memories of another AAR I read (not on this forum) where that phrase was used as an euphemism for every assasination that the player performed. Therefore I'm going to be a little suspicious of whoever succeeds Khutan :p

Bad news: My laptop, with all my CK stuff is suffering from some unknown problem, meaning that this thread is going to be delayed.

Good news: I recovered the savefile and other important things, so that once/if my laptop ever gets fixed, I can start posting regular updates again.

Sorry to hear about your laptop. :( But at least you were able to recover the save file! We shall wait patiently to hear more!

Thank goodness you recovered the savefile!

And a three day reign--that's a whole new meaning to the term epic.:rofl:

Thank G-d for saving the Save File! He must want the story to continue! I can't wait, myself. This is very cool.....but some maps would be awesome (maybe I missed them in a link or two....?)

:D