• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have picked up my united scandinavia mod, and I could use some inspiration and/or ideas about possible events that could cause scandinavia to go facist through multiple events. I have plans on making scandinavia expansionistic once they get into a more radical political path.

Well to be quite honest i dont really know that much about political situation in Sca during the WW2, but i guess i could give u some ides u can work on.

Lets see, first, ill assume ppl will play Sweden to unite Sca since it has biggest base IC and best tech teams. Sweden is like democratic with high open market and high open society, something fascists dont really like. Fascist Sca should go high on centralized planning and close society. For slider changing events u could do something like Luxor did in Compendium, make event for Germany that would propose modified Tri-pact to Fascist Sca, if they accept = some closed society slider change. Also u could make weapon modernization event(s) Sca or (Swe) buying aircrafts and other stuff from Ger (for alot of money) that could also change sliders towards closed society and right, at some point before the war Hitler could visit Sca = another good opportunity to change sliders, some industrial cooperation events, Sca temporary loses some IC which is "borrowed" to Ger representing for example Ger renting Sca naval shipyards to construct subs etc, you could have political meetings (rallies ?) which could modify sliders depending on what "kind" of speech u go for, Sca could purchase rights for BMW's Beetle for example (another industrial exchange) etc etc etc. If you need more i could read some Wiki and come up a bunch of ides.

That's a couple of nice suggestions, I will certainly use a few of those. I'm no expert at ww2 or interwar period either. But I could guess it was characterized by the depression and a general fear of communism through the soviet union. But I can guess that there was also alot of pro-communist and pro-facist movments, as in the rest of europe.

I can come up with a BUNCH of events for fasc./commy paths, but thats very hard to implement in your mod as it is, cuz u can play couple of different countries. If u could focus on one uniting Sca, like Swe or Nor or w.e u want, it will be quite eazy. Also tell me how "deep" u want those events to be, cuz they could involve Germany/SU events etc. Also i think ill be making my own mod soon, basically WW2 but with different tech trees and stuff, and i wanna make new events too, but im nooby at event making, so if ure good at it, maybe we can collaborate or something? Ill give u tech trees and stuff, you make me events :rofl:

I'm unsure about how much I can help you, since I'm usually quite busy with other things and It's uncertain when I will be able to work with the mod. I guess you could post you suggestions here though so that I or someone else who feels they want in on it can work with the events.

hampy said:
I have picked up my united scandinavia mod, and I could use some inspiration and/or ideas about possible events that could cause scandinavia to go facist through multiple events. I have plans on making scandinavia expansionistic once they get into a more radical political path.

I have played around with three parallell developments for Sweden:

1) the fascist option
Since fascism is inherently nationalistic I have made an effort to base this on the scandinaviansist thoughts developen in Denmark before the war with Genamy in the 19th century.

To counter the very real communist threat after WWI (Finland even had a civil war) the fascist movement in Sweden infiltrates the army, there is a military coup (masked as defence against a communist revolution) and then Sweden "aids" Denmark and Norway where the fascist parties has done similar groundwork.

Here Scandinavia keeps all air, fleet and army units each country start with ad get a few "SA style" units

This unites Scandinavia and I then have options to go totally balistic and reclaim the Baltic and northern German provinces held by Sweden & Denmark in the 17th century.
...or they can enter into an allience with Germany or Italy

Finland who already has crushed the reds revolution can later join the Scandinavian union when the Soviet threat is more and more real.

2) The communist option.
Basically the same thing but with a commie revolution instead. This disbands the armies and replaces it with revolutionary militia.

The option here after the coup is to join a Soviet allience or not.

It also has the option to instantly "help" the opressed masses in Finland - but since I never revoke Germany's GoI to Finland this is a bit risky...

3) The Royal bloodline
Inspired by SMEP I have expanded on an event chain where unrest created by commies and fascists is stopped by a return to "the good old monarchy". basically martial law is declared, the king is figurehead of a militaristic government who then can support similar development in Denmark & Norway - by sending in the troops and defeting the revolutionary governments and liberate the people and, of cource, the imprisoned monarchs who then all agree to create a Scandinavian Empire consisting of the three Kingdoms.
I always get to be Emperor... :rofl:

In this chain I also have the option to get cores in the baltics (Northern Germany) but then in opposition to an industrial development option or tecchnology development option (kind of SMEP like but changes ministers and sliders as well)

As history unfolds I have a few events that fire when SCW occurs and ends (a communist government can send loads of manpower but nothing else - and get back some manpower and blueprints, a fascist gewernment sends existing divisions, manpower, money, supplies... and get elite divisions in return... etc), when Germany starts to move (Austria, Checkoslovakia, Poland...) etc (will a fashist Scandinavia really support THAT kind of German government - will a Commie Scandinavia GoI Poland?)

i have to ask one thing before I download this thing, is iceland included as and independent nation? cuse I hate it that denmark starts with iceland in the vanilla even though iceland had been independent for 2 decades.

Panncakemouse said:
I have played around with three parallell developments for Sweden:

1) the fascist option
Since fascism is inherently nationalistic I have made an effort to base this on the scandinaviansist thoughts developen in Denmark before the war with Genamy in the 19th century.

To counter the very real communist threat after WWI (Finland even had a civil war) the fascist movement in Sweden infiltrates the army, there is a military coup (masked as defence against a communist revolution) and then Sweden "aids" Denmark and Norway where the fascist parties has done similar groundwork.

Here Scandinavia keeps all air, fleet and army units each country start with ad get a few "SA style" units

This unites Scandinavia and I then have options to go totally balistic and reclaim the Baltic and northern German provinces held by Sweden & Denmark in the 17th century.
...or they can enter into an allience with Germany or Italy

Finland who already has crushed the reds revolution can later join the Scandinavian union when the Soviet threat is more and more real.

2) The communist option.
Basically the same thing but with a commie revolution instead. This disbands the armies and replaces it with revolutionary militia.

The option here after the coup is to join a Soviet allience or not.

It also has the option to instantly "help" the opressed masses in Finland - but since I never revoke Germany's GoI to Finland this is a bit risky...

3) The Royal bloodline
Inspired by SMEP I have expanded on an event chain where unrest created by commies and fascists is stopped by a return to "the good old monarchy". basically martial law is declared, the king is figurehead of a militaristic government who then can support similar development in Denmark & Norway - by sending in the troops and defeting the revolutionary governments and liberate the people and, of cource, the imprisoned monarchs who then all agree to create a Scandinavian Empire consisting of the three Kingdoms.
I always get to be Emperor... :rofl:

In this chain I also have the option to get cores in the baltics (Northern Germany) but then in opposition to an industrial development option or tecchnology development option (kind of SMEP like but changes ministers and sliders as well)

As history unfolds I have a few events that fire when SCW occurs and ends (a communist government can send loads of manpower but nothing else - and get back some manpower and blueprints, a fascist gewernment sends existing divisions, manpower, money, supplies... and get elite divisions in return... etc), when Germany starts to move (Austria, Checkoslovakia, Poland...) etc (will a fashist Scandinavia really support THAT kind of German government - will a Commie Scandinavia GoI Poland?)

can I download it? :D

/C

Scandinavian naval power

ive come to one problem after playing this for two months with the mod. my naval units are always weaker. org wise compared to everyone else. was something written in. example its 1939 i pretty much one tech behind in naval. yet my carriers are 49 org. ive never had problems sinking carriers before. ive reloaded multiple times from scratch and my ships are always 12 to 14 org lower than everyone elses. my level 4 carriers are weaker than germanys level 3's i even lose one vs one to the french bearn. ive checked numerous times. and never had this problem till i installed this combo. when i used to create scandinavia with germany and reload and then play my navy never fought like this. its almost like im useing the italians. was something done to change the org levels in the techs for scans navy ?

Calling this a "mod" is perhaps overestimating it, its more a collection of events. I should know this, for I wrote a very big chunck of them. Therefore, your problem is most likely unrelated to the mod itself, but may be an indirect sideeffect. First of all, are you sure that keeping up tech-wise both in conventional carrier design and doctrines? You might also check what doctrinal branch you are on, long time since I played this so cannot remember. If you are playing on above average, then that might also have an effect. When I play on my own VH level I´ve experienced loosing a 3-1 carrier battle against the germans. With all three of my carriers barely making it back to port. Also check your sliders, one of them affects org. IIRC this also applies to naval units. Scandinavia may have a bad slider, and thus be handicapped in this.

Otherwise, great hearing that people are still enjoying this :)

yeah ive been tinkering with it for a bit. i noticed it first recently i was useing base strike. i since tried it with different branches and the same thing happens. i moved my sliders to match germanies. i was behind them in only one tech which was a sub tech and didnt apply to the mor or the org of anything but a ss.and i was still in the mid 40s and my freinds navys org was in mid 50s. come to think of it since i put this combo thing in my navys havnt been fighting right. this is kinda crappy. :wacko: it was nice to be able to have some starting forces. and some cool events for scan.

yeah its on easy im runnin a battle right now and 2 level 3 cv and 2 4cvs with all the scan navy. keep getting killed by a level 2 :rofl: i reload as britains and the carrier has 15 more org than mine and its been just sitting in the channel while mine just left oslo the day before

bumpage

Read and noted. Perhaps I declared "mission accomplished" too early?

SCA's leaders and tech teams are inferior to sweden. perhaps clone everything of the 4 SCAs and put it into uber SCA

By any chance do you have a good propaganda picture for Scandinavia?

By any chance do you have a good propaganda picture for Scandinavia?
Er... something based on this?
225px-Skandinavism.jpg

Looks great. Believe it or not I haven't seen a propaganda picture for Scandinavia anywhere. Thanks. I'll use it in my mod (you get credit) and maybe Rodrico Stak would like it too.

That is very nice.

You know, I've been meaning to start work on this again. Seems that several good ideas have been brought up in the interim... I'll have to go back and read the thread since my last post in this thread which was ages ago.