• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does it damage the save in previous version of Kaiserreich when you install the latest?

I've been playing through as Canada and after many long, grueling years I've liberated Britain. I switched over to them to see the new events and lead the fight against France and I've got a few questions.

-Does Canada retain control of the Entente?
-Does the UK ever get any military leaders? I've got 3 land commanders, but no air or naval ones.
-Does Canada return control of Royal Navy ships and RAF planes or do I need to do that manually through diplomacy?

Great job on the mod btw.

So I've downloaded it off megashare and I have it in a zipped folder.

Now what? I'm not good with computers at all. How do I get it to work?

You should copy all the files and paste them over the old files.

Can anybody help me with this? I'm getting this error with both version IV and V. I start HoI, and I get exactly 3 messages that there's a DB error, that I ignore. I select the Kaiserreich scenario, and try to start it. While it's loading, however, I get the following error:

--- ERROR :(ai-prefs : Unexpected field) 'spyprefs={'Line=105 file = ai\Kaiserreich\Belgium.ai---
The game then crashes if I choose "Retry" or "Ignore."

This happens every time I try to start the game. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

EDIT: This is a fresh install of HoI2, DD and Armageddon. It's the Steam version, though... if that might have anything to do with it. I've searched for an answer to this, but I haven't found one.

Last edited:
Just a little thing: if Austria centralizes the monarchy and Hungary submits, Craiova is not cored. WAD or did you miss a province in the list?

Something's wrong with British counter. When I load up the scenario, it is displayed as a green thing with completely odd colours. Had to replace it with BetaIV version.

Same with the CSA. Ugly counters.

Also, Japan went with Military Access in Hawaii, and now they grant it to Hawaii, instead of having it from them...

So, current buglist:

Centralized Monarchy doesn't core Craiova.
British/CSA counters buggy.
Japan/Hawaii military access event chain.

This keeps ruining my game:
UBAxbXhss.jpg

help plz

No coronation events for Russia, no cores on Ukraine and Belorussia, Iceland makes Canada and UoB in one alliance, those ugly counters for CSoA and UoB, no unification of US after the civil war (California never hands over the territory via event...)...

Guys, come on :). There are problems with ACW right from the start and it's still messed up just like in the beginning...

Well maybe they are just being realistic. California would probably not get support all over US to have cores for all, Craiowa is Romanian populated area and so very anti-Hungarian, other things can be solved with graphic design later.
Just my opinion. Of course it will be better if those problems would be solved. But this is thing of next release.

Can this mod be installed by making a new arma installation and then just drop the files on to it, rather than use that annoying mod enabler?

Oh, by the way. What kind of chance is there for the Soviet revolution? I remember playing a earlier beta ages ago, and i was lucky if the event fired once every 10 games. needless to say, it was a waste of time then. :p

Last edited:
Can this mod be installed by making a new arma installation and then just drop the files on to it, rather than use that annoying mod enabler?
Sure you can. I use the mod enabler, because it's easier to switch between other mods and deactivate mods when I want to play vanilla.

No one cared, so I'll try again: When I try to load game, it says "error in DB" well then I click ignore and it comes again. After a couple of those it goes to the game. When I try to load scenario, it keeps whining and eventually crashes. Halp?

I'm afraid we're going to need something a bit more accurate than that.

This keeps ruining my game:
<snip>

help plz
I was having this problem. What I have figured out is that it's due to a vanilla file for some reason screwing up; when Iceland is created by event, it loads the default AI, and that won't work for some reason. If you want to fix it for the time being, you can replace the contents of the file in ai/ICL_1936.ai with the ICL_1945.ai contents (I'm currently using JSGME with that 'fix').

Hey guys, need some tips!

I want to play a game as germany, but think that it'll be to easy?
I really want to boost Russia and/or france/britain to have a real challenge.
What i'm thinking of is russia with 350-400 divisions threatening from the east, a new british navy roaming the seas, a france that actually poses a real threat.. You get the idea.
Now the thing is, how should i do this ? I'm really no good at modding. The only thing I have ever modded was the difficulty bonuses..

Hey, guys.

Code:
event = {
id = 700606
country = AFG
picture = "news_paper"
style = 0

name = "Azerbaijan Accepts"
desc = "Azerbaijan has ratified the Treaty of Saadabad."

action_a = {
name = "Let the Turks, Indians and Russians come now!"
	command = { type = ai which = "kaiserreich/switch/Saadabad_A.ai" }
	command = { type = relation which = AFG value = 100 }
	}
}

In "Saadabad Members" in "Central Asia".