• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Should I form Italy, or stay as the Pope?

• Stay as the Pope

Votes: 35 60,3%
  • Forza Italia!

Votes: 23 39,7%

• Total voters
EUROO7 said:
update once I'm done editing the screenies!

You have five minutes :D

Capibara said:
You have five minutes :D
ok then.

The Papal State : A Mission AAR
Mission : Take Control Of The
Mediterranean Trade
Part VII

The russians try to destroy my army with my general. :rofl:

EU3_1-14.jpg

Then this.

EU3_2-11.jpg

-----------------

That's what five minutes does! :)

More later...

Had this been a normal AAR, I might have been worried for your sake. Considering how you're dealing with the Russians, however, I can't shed any sweat over this. :p

Haha, at least you left us with a nice cliffhanger, let's see how the Ottomans hats are :D

Snugglie said:
Had this been a normal AAR, I might have been worried for your sake. Considering how you're dealing with the Russians, however, I can't shed any sweat over this. :p
It is just a pebble in the golden road to victory, I am sure. :)

Capibara said:
Haha, at least you left us with a nice cliffhanger, let's see how the Ottomans hats are :D
I can asure you, they are no match for Papal headwear.

comagoosie said:
Hopefully the OE has the tech to challenge you, but I am doubtful :D
I do believe they just discovered fire... :p

fire is always useful... but when against firepower, well... that is a different story altogether

robou said:
fire is always useful... but when against firepower, well... that is a different story altogether
I don't know... I prefer hat-power. :cool:

Slinky said:
You cannot hurry perfection :D
QFT.

Gigalocus said:
Mmm, those are some damn sexy Russian hats Gah! Erm, a great victory for the Pope and God once more! The Ottomans don't sand a chance.
GAH!!! :mad:

Guards! Guards!

Take him away, he has betrayed the State and worse of all, he has a terrible sense of hat-style!!!

------------

Update when I feel like it! :p

Mediterranean Trade
Part VIII

The current battle.

EU3_2-12.jpg

Yes, generals do help.

EU3_3-11.jpg

It took me some time to siege this province because the fort was made by Papal Fort Engineers. :D

EU3_4-11.jpg

I decide this conflict will gain me nothing.

EU3_5-10.jpg

The battle plan.

EU3_6-10.jpg

A Random battle:

EU3_8-10.jpg

I get what I want...

EU3_7-12.jpg

...and get out.

EU3_9-9.jpg

------------------

Next update = The Iberian Downfall.

These short wars against big opponents are really paying off :D

Perhaps you should try a long war against a small opponent :p

ahh, there's nothing like small, pointless wars against big nations you don't want anything from to keep me in your signature. :D

I propose an attack against Ming!

more seriously, I sure hope Iberia's fall will be both hard and painful, let papal might beat spanish right, as it was meant to do!

Slinky said:
These short wars against big opponents are really paying off :D

Perhaps you should try a long war against a small opponent :p
A small opponent...

Castille? :p

Capibara said:
ah! :( I wanted more war! :mad: That was just to quick :D
Well, here is more war! :D

But it's short too... :(

Griffin.Gen said:
Alright, onward against France and Castille!
Who said anything about France?!?!

Flooper X said:
ahh, there's nothing like small, pointless wars against big nations you don't want anything from to keep me in your signature. :D

I propose an attack against Ming!

more seriously, I sure hope Iberia's fall will be both hard and painful, let papal might beat spanish right, as it was meant to do!
Ming?!?!?

:rofl:

And Spain fell, but it did so pathetically. :(

---------------

Update in a few minutes!

What? Yes! :D

Hats. The Russians.. Gah they have bad hats. The ottomans.. They thought they could put fire on their hat... DUMB. The Pope's Men... Have frickin awesome hats that no one will ever ever ever ever ever ever have even if they do steal them. :rofl:

EDIT: I will not be here for the next week. Please enjoy your overwhelming victory against me not being here to take over my country before I get back..

Mediterranean Trade
Part IX

Now, where were we...

Ah yes! *loud organ plays a frightening tune* THE DOWNFALL OF IBERIA!!!

EU3_1-15.jpg

Now, you're probably asking yourselves "Why would he attack Galicia?"

Well, let me show you:

EU3_2-13.jpg

YES!! Our first battle won!

EU3_3-12.jpg

The Pope himself leads the naval invasion of the peninsula.

EU3_4-12.jpg

...and he quickly takes Valencia.

EU3_5-11.jpg

Against my wishes, he goes directly to the Castillian Capital.

EU3_6-11.jpg

He wins the battle.

EU3_7-13.jpg

Meanwhile in the south, General Callistus Vicenza makes an amphibious landing on the rock.

EU3_8-11.jpg

This is the second time this happens. I guess neither Austria, nor Castille can win without me, eh?

EU3_9-10.jpg

The Castillian Capital falls.

EU3_10-8.jpg

Our brave and noble General takes Granada.

EU3_11-8.jpg

The Pope notices the province of Aragon, one of the richest of Iberia, is unprotected. He understands the moral drop the Castillian forces will take if such a strategic city is taken, and heads north from the capital.

EU3_12-9.jpg

In the south, General Vicenza reaches the trading capital of Castille, and takes it with ease.

EU3_13-8.jpg

Reports brought to the pope from our spies in Northern Iberia show the region is rich in metals. A decision is taken. The Pope will lead his 17,000 strong army to take the northern regions, while General Vicenza continues to destroy the Andalusian countryside.

EU3_14-8.jpg

EU3_17-6.jpg

Brazil, a weak colonial nation, sees the truth and makes peace with the pope.

EU3_15-9.jpg

General Vicenza defeats the remaining Castillian Forces near the Gulf of Almeria.

EU3_16-9.jpg

The United States of America, a scattered colonial nation, cannot remain long at war.

EU3_18-8.jpg

The weak Galician army is eradicated while attempting to liberate the Castillian capital. They do not realize all is lost.

EU3_20-4.jpg

The pope continues the campaign in the north.

EU3_21-5.jpg

While General Vicenza takes the rich province of La Mancha. But the Windmills put up quite the fight.

EU3_22-5.jpg

Realizing the Castillians would not accept defeat yet, the pope, with half of his men gone, risks the entire campaign by deciding to head south. To the kingdom of Leon.

EU3_23-5.jpg

He manages to capture the important city, and keeps heading south.

EU3_24-6.jpg

---------------

Notes - Alright. I saved just after Salamanca had fallen. I went to sue for peace, and the Castillians would accept a peace deal in which they relinquish Gibraltar and Valencia to the Papal State.

---------------

I asked for peace...

EU3_25-4.jpg

--------------

Here, the game pauses, because I set it to pause when an enemy accepts peace.

I click the unpause button, and the game crashes. :(

All of the provinces I need to complete the mission are mine, so I think it has something to do with the mission.

Anyone have any ideas?

THE GAME IS SAVED JUST AFTER SALAMANCA FELL. ALL PROGRESS IS SAVED.

EUROO7 said:
Here, the game pauses, because I set it to pause when an enemy accepts peace.

I click the unpause button, and the game crashes. :(

All of the provinces I need to complete the mission are mine, so I think it has something to do with the mission.

Anyone have any ideas?

THE GAME IS SAVED JUST AFTER SALAMANCA FELL. ALL PROGRESS IS SAVED.

AGHHHH!!! No not another crash. You didnt even show us a single hat in this update. Why must the frickin awesome custom missions always have a glitch. Why lord Almighty. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! :mad: :( :eek: :eek:

Shame. :( I would suggest PMing spl or waiting until he shows up here. He seems knowledgeable about events and such.