• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You're lucky that Poland isn't allied with that Lithuania. Their large armies could prove very problematic. Now, from Venice you'll acquire the Dalmatian coast... All you should do for your borders to look smooth and nice is to annex Bulgaria and the Romans. Attend to it as soon as possible! ;)

Got that PM from you. I'll do it asap, probably even today.

Nice gains.

Do you have any real prospect of getting to the Venetian held islands in the Med, or are they just too strong at sea?

stnylan- You bet! ;)

emperor_krk- Very lucky! Yes, the Dalmatian coast is the planned objective. Those both are high on my annexations list. Good to hear! No rush, though. Whenever you have the time!

Duke of Wellington- I agree, we need more provinces! Yes, that is the Xhosa flag.

PrawnStar- Thanks! Yes, I can get to med possesions of Veice, but I'll leave that for another war.

Wari Bana-It'll be Romanian only for a while, but then I'll add a few new cultures eventually. Yes, I'll try to go colonial. However, it won't be a world dominance colonial, but enough of a presence to project Balkan power in different parts of the world.

Falastur- Will do! :D

Chapter 29, 1536-1538

Our efforts thus far to win the Ventian war have succeded:

231.jpg

Finally, the war ends and Dalmatia is secured!

232.jpg

The newest edition to the Balkan family (take note of the other rebellious additions):

233.jpg

Another view of the Empire:

234.jpg

A view of Western Europe (Notice North Africa!):

235.jpg

A view of North and central Europe (Danish expansion has been halted by internal unrest and rebels, along with several Russian wars that have lasted a long time, but ended in nothing.):

236.jpg

A view of Eastern Europe (Including the Empire):

237.jpg

A view of the Middle-East (Wow! Orange Power!):

238.jpg

An, the newest editon to the map overview section, India!:

239.jpg

We'll end the update with good news:

240.jpg

All rebellions are finally put down with the brutal Battle of Ragusa in 1538.

So, that does it for this mediorce-ish update! What will happen next time? Find out on the next unusually lugubrious episode of Men of Carpathia: A Wallachia AAR!

All updates are good! Have I misunderstood or did you only get Dalmatia out of the war?

Nice to see the overview of Europe as well - it's always a bit weird when you read an AAR that seems to happen in isolation.

Yes he did. I was hoping for Istria too, though ;)

Who is it that owns Crimea? I'm sorry, I've forgotten (and can't be bothered to go check :D but whoever it is, it's hugely exposed there... I was wrong, btw, it's Siegenburgen that makes the UBE look like a doughnut...but that doesn't mean you shouldn't chomp on Bulgaria anyway :)

And England continues to amaze me. Not only have they taken all that land, but against a France which is clearly *not* in decline, they haven't lost any yet. My experiences of AI England is of them being quite willing to declare war, make little effort at capturing provinces, and then happily ceding three provinces after a few months so they can start the cycle again.

Perhaps a further war in Asia minor should be undertaken to strengthen your position there?

PrawnStar- See falastur's post, he got it right. :) I agree, overview in necessary in many gameplay AARs, like this one!

Falastur- Crimea is owned by some Russian principality, probably Moscowy (spelling?). I'll try to take a bite out of both! England is an odd case in this tale, normally they follow the pattern you described (or something like it) But, not only that, France has been humbled and is in decline!!! :D

stnylan- Hmmm... Hadn't thought about that. Perhaps in the future, after the main Balkan omeland and a toehold colonially are accomplished, or nearly acccomplished, I'll proabably take on Konya or whoever lives there!

Chapter 30, 1538-1542

We'll start with something I always wait for:

241.jpg

BOOM! England is converted. I was banking on 1548, but I guess that's not too far off from 1539!

On February 1, 1539, the first UBE ship sights land in the new world. It promptly sinks two months later.

242.jpg

Fortunately, we get another one soon enough and exploring the Carribbean continues...

As we were coming back to the Carribbean, we see this:

243.jpg

Flip-flopers...

We discover more and more when, once again, our entire Navy is annihilated.

244.jpg

Man, we really need a colony to get going here!

As the ships arrive in the Greater Antillies AGAIN!!! We take a look at Religion in Western Europe:

]
245.jpg

Central Europe:

246.jpg

Far Easern Europe:

247.jpg

The Caucasus:

248.jpg

And, the Empire:

249.jpg

And, that does it for this episode! Join us next time as we take the first steps of COLONIALISM!!! Right here, on Men of Carpathia: A Wallachia AAR!

Colonisation would seem to be a good option at this point.

Shame about the explorer fleet. I always thought it was a little stupid, how you can lose explorers so easily - when I play as England and get one, I usually expend half the Home Fleet trying to get the explorer back to Blighty safely after a journey down the coast, as I'm loathe to let the last ship in the fleet disappear. I agree - you need a colony to base yourself from :) Martinique I guess has to be the logical choice right now, given it's the only uncolonised location you've got around. Just remember to put a few thousand men there so Spain doesn't nick it :p Stupid Tordesillas.

And on another note, why is the Netherlands out of the HRE? Crazy about England and religion, but for once they are doing what they usually do :p Now let's just hope it doesn't become contagious, I like seeing England doing well under an AI...Not that I'm biased, or anything...

Don Matito- Colonize!

stnylan- I totally agree

Falastur- Yeah... :( HA! I have had similar stories in EUII! And, I'll be sure to wath out for Tordesallies. I'm going to colonize Curaco, however, not Martinique. Also, I have no idea what went on with the HRE! More craziness! :rofl:

Duke of Wellington- You would think... They'll discover more than just Spain though!

*Colonization Edition* Chapter 31, 1542-1544

Here is our first target, Curaco:

251.jpg

We'll start by building a trading post to improve our chances:

252.jpg

September 8, 1542, a day that will live in infamy. The UBE founds its first permanent settlement in the new world:

253.jpg

After two years of exploration and little death :D , we know as much as this about the new world:

254.jpg

Exciting, ain't it?

Join us here next time as I continue to relate the tales of the Men of Carpathia: A Wallachia AAR!

It seems to be a decent place to start.