• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 12, 1465-1467

Before I get started, we get this little annoying offer from our old buddies:

90.jpg

NO!!!!!!! WE WILL NOT!!!!!!

After impaling the diplomat, the war went on as usual. Back in the gulf of Varna, the feared Wallachian Navy beat the Genoans.

91.jpg

As the Genoans sent 1,000 man armies to be systematically sent to their doom in Rumelia, this happened:

92.jpg

Interesting, don't usually see them this early on... In other news, a daring plan was being amassed. Within a month, 3,000 troops had been dropped off in Kaffa, right under the nose of the 11 Genoan in the Azov Sea.

93.jpg

Needless to say, we skidadled back to Rumelia port. On a side note, WHY IS NUBIA IN AZOV???

Eventually, the Genoans caught on and blockaded the coast, essentially trapping our ships in Kaffa.

94.jpg

Eventually they left and Admiral Calafat made a run for it.

95.jpg

The ploy worked and new troops were donated to the siege immediately.

96.jpg

This went on for quite some time until this broke up the boredom:

97.jpg

We accepted without delay, as any ally is better than no ally.

Not too long after that, I recieve this:

98.jpg

What will the Wallachians do!?!??!?!?! Find out on the next exciting update of Men of Carpathia: A Wallachia AAR!

Last edited:
Anarion-You bet I will! :rofl:

Duke of Wellington-You'll see what happens LATER, then you'll understand my reasoning for accepting that proposal! As for the Nubians, I think they're at war with Byzantium.

Don Matito-My badboy's a little high to be risking that, but I'll see what I can do. As for the Netherlands, they're not strong enough to go up against the great powers as of yet, but you'll see their importence soon enough!

You'll see what happens LATER, then you'll understand my reasoning for accepting that proposal!
War with a big neighbour? That'd be interesting. But I look forward to finding out more.

As for the Nubians, I think they're at war with Byzantium.
Would be kind of cool if they got COnstantinople though it'd make it hard for you to get it later. If Azow owned by Byzantium?

Duke of Wellington said:
War with a big neighbour? That'd be interesting. But I look forward to finding out more.

Shhh! That's top secret! :p

Duke of Wellington said:
Would be kind of cool if they got COnstantinople though it'd make it hard for you to get it later. If Azow owned by Byzantium?

No, Azow is owned by France. FRANCE! That's two provinces they own in our reigon! We'll have to show them someday!

Chapter 13, 1467-1469

We win Kaffa, FINALLY!

99.jpg

And move onto and capture Kerch.

100.jpg

Genoa was feeling rather weeary after this latest of events, and peace was struck for 175 ducats.

101.jpg

A few days later, this interesting bit 'o info poped up:

102.jpg

Funny, it normally takes them a much shorter time to do that! While we're on the subject of international news, here are a few selected shots of Europe:

103.jpg

Western...

104.jpg

Eastern...

105.jpg

Middle Eastern...

And that does it for this mediocre, over-viewish update. To find out what happens next time, tune into Men of Carpathia: A Wallachia AAR!

Last edited:
Olav said:
England working their way through France, and Denmark is huge (or maybe it is the Kalmar Union?).

I'm not sure England actually got anything from France in the war. By the looks of what they've done instead is diploannexed Burgundy...which is something I've never seen happen before, though admittedly my experiences are minimal.

Olav-Europe is a bit odd. It's not the Kalmar Union, the Danes just wiped Sweden into oblivion. They're actually pretty powerful, equal to England if not more.

Duke of Wellington-I didn't want to take land for fear of evil badboy! And, yes, pre-patch EUII stuff does break up the monotony of patch/mymap stuff.

Don Matito-It's always agreeable to agree with Olav :p . Anyway, BB is less than I thought, down to 19 from before.

Falastur-I think what England did is annex Orleans, and inherited Burgundy, not Diplo-Anexation. Never seen that one before! I'll go post it to the strage screenshots place over at EUII central.

Chapter 14, 1469-1473

I'll begin this update with a curiosity, really.

106.jpg

Even after being obliterated by several different powers, the Romans still survive. Highly unusual. And wait, there's more!

107.jpg

Rebels! w00t! They are wiped from the face of the earth. The peace is still continuing when...

108.jpg

We discover that we might actually have a friend in Hungary. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Right?

And now we see our alliance with the Netherlands, which has come to include Lithuania, bear fruit.

109.jpg

You bet! We outnumber the Poles on our front by a few thousand! Let's roll!

110.jpg

Well, I guess we didn't count them... After they're beaten back after several weeks, we get our first offer.

111.jpg

Yeah, sure. Whatever. We'll take it.

On another note, things seem to be picking up on the campaign:

112.jpg

As the war gets better for our heros, an unexpected twist occurss, which will be revealed in the next tantalizing episode of Men of Carpathia: A Wallachia AAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Good AAR you have going here. I did like the bit about the Nubians in Azov - does make you wonder. The French in Athens though ... believe it or not that is actually plausible for this timeframe.

I eagerly await the next twist :)

stnylan said:
Good AAR you have going here. I did like the bit about the Nubians in Azov - does make you wonder. The French in Athens though ... believe it or not that is actually plausible for this timeframe.

Wasn't it the Catalan Company in Athens? But yeah, there was a little bit of filibustering by Western mercenaries in Achaea in the 14th century and onwards.

Falastur said:
Wasn't it the Catalan Company in Athens? But yeah, there was a little bit of filibustering by Western mercenaries in Achaea in the 14th century and onwards.
Indeed. The Catalan Company arrived in the early 14th century and mixed with the French, who had arrived a century earlier in the aftermath of the 4th crusade when the area was conquered by nobles of French provenance.