• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Absolutely. Screenshots will be an esential part of the reports submitted to the council for progress evaluation.

Please remember to indicate the number of the election in the first line of your ballot. Soon we will have several elections going on simultaneously with different deadlines and it will become difficult for me to track your ballots otherwise.

Just by posting a vote you are admitted into the council. No need to ask (intention is enough :))

In few days the thread will be a mess... you'd want to write the story in a separate one, and use this one only for votations

Who said anything about writing a story?

I am not up to that. My first attempts at writing AARs where quite unsuccesful. I am just a bad writer, and I have to live with that. If any of you, or several of you want to write a story based on the Democratic BAR, and name it the "XXX country Democratic AAR", keeping it as a brother thread, I fully endorse you. It might be funny to have the council members playing their part.

Sorry if I disappoint you. I am truly a bad writer. Besides keeping this thing going is already quite an effort. But I will provide any info you might need that it is not in the reports (including game pics). Perhaps somebody knowledgeable in the chosen country can do it, or somebody capable of witty, enterteining writing.

(Submitting membership application with vote)

1AB,2A,3A,4A
5 Venice
As chosen country it seems appropriate to choose a republic/democracy-type country and Venice is one of them.

Great Idea Fodoron!... here's my vote since I'm a member of the council (I elected myself of course :D )

Code:
Election 1:
1:B, 2:A, 3:A, 4:B
5:Venice
I follow those guys who already chose the Serenissima Republic, because it was actually a (kind of) democratic nation and also they fight cool mercantilist wars with the OE and can capture very strategic positions in Western Mediterranean and in Italy.
Also, I believe the AGCEEP is cooler, because of that gigantic list of events, that will allow us (the Council) to make more decisions on historic events, and let us be a major part of the game that fodoron (the Commander, or the Doge) will play.

EDITED: the part of the election, yes, it should be on CODE brackets...

Last edited:
Code:
Election 1
1 B, 2 A, 3 A, 4 ?
5 Venice, and either Livonian or Teutonic Order (depending on version of the game : Livonian for AGCEEP,
Teutonic for vanilla - I mean, the one not becoming Ducal Prussia but getting split
among their four neighbours)
Comments :
- both (three) countries I propose were historically conquered at some time or another, yet give ample opportunities. All have several cultures (italian, greek for Venice (+ slavonic in vanilla) ; german, baltic & ugric for the Orders), a CoT at start, coastal provinces ; Venice has better starting techs, while the Orders have several colonies close to them that can be conquered in an early war (in Novgorod, Sweden, Norway) ; yet all have rather powerful neighours if swift actions and deft diplomacy isn't used, and this provides interesting challenges (Austria, OE for Venice ; Poland, Sweden, Russia for the Orders) ; and as said, Venice is a Republic, while the Orders elect their leaders, so both are appropriate IMHO.
And I'm happy that Venice choice is so prominent. :)
- choice of version : this BAR might be an excellent showing case for the AGCEEP, but many things change compared to vanilla, so I partially agree with *scroll down, looks who said it, scrolls up* gordo.p, as keeping to vanilla can attract more people. But since I'm hesitant, and version doesn't change my other votes, I abstain

Last edited:
robin74 said:
One of the Sheeps (Qara Koyunlu, I think), can become Persia, but I don't think anybody can become Turkey.
I think that it's Akk Koyunly who can become Persia in AGCEEP (checked : it is), and AFAIK no country in either vanilla nor AGCEEP can become the OE (checked : no one).

Election 1:
1:B, 2:A, 3:A, 4:B
5:Venice or Papal States

Part I
1B
2A
3A
4B

Part II
Venice

Part III
I kinda like the idea of us playing the leading council of Venice, and I also feel like going with the flow on this one.

Me! Me! I want to join! This is gonna be great!

Code:
Election 1

1 B, 2 A, 3 A, 4 A
5 Venice, Papal States

Both Venice and Papal States seem to be countries in interesting situations but without immediate threat of extinction that would remove freedom of action.

PS
I suggest that votes (but not comments) be cast as code. IMHO it improves readability - good for the vote counter.

Edit: How embarrasing, I was hoping to be first with suggesting Papal States! :eek:o ;)

Horvendile said:
PS
I suggest that votes (but not comments) be cast as code. IMHO it improves readability - good for the vote counter.
Yep, I agree with that, it's better. And I already followed your lead. :)

Election 1

Part I
1. 1419 size of preferred country (B. Small (4-7 provinces))
2. 1419 religion of country (B. Muslim)
3. 1419 location of country capital (A. Europe)
4. Scenario (B. AGCEEP)

Part II
5. Venice is a good choice with many possibilities. Ottoman Empire as well, with colorful Sultans.

Part III
Venice has a much more interesting set of leaders and event in AGCEEP. We shouldn't try to play by reading any events beforehand and with screenshts it shouldn't be a problem to play even for non-AGCEEP players. I'm pretty biased I know. :p

I will sign up for this. here are my votes.

1. C
2. A
3. A
4. B

Countries I vote for are England, and then France.

Interesting

Election I

1A 2A 3A 4A
5 Venice

GAH! You took my idea! Oh, well. Good luck and here is my vote:

Election 1

Part I:
1A 2A 3A 4B

Part II:
Brittany, lots of possibilities.

Part III:
It seems that the public wants Venice, I can understand that.

Horvendile said:
PS
I follow this one also! a valid council proposal...

hey Fodoron... oops!, sorry, Commander! ;) ... Sire, this should be on your voting rules too!

I'm In!

If you'll have me as part of the "junta".

Election 1
1. B, 2. A, 3. A, 4. B
5. Venice, Genoa (I think AGCEEP makes more sense, few events in vanilla)

I also think a republic is a cool idea for this experiment. Also, we can "save" Constantinople from the infidel (by conquering it of course :) )

Cheers,

AG

This is a lot more succesful that I thought. Thank you very much for your confidence. I feel the pressure :)

We'll keep the election 1 going as stated until Monday, to give time for new people to join. The spread of country votes is a lot smaller that I anticipated, so if a country gets >50%, then there won't be a need for a second round. I changed the voting rules to recommend quoting the ballot, but I will not invalidate votes on any formal grounds, so keep them as they are.

Remember that in any election you have the right to change your vote at any time before closing, but you have to say what you are editing. Feel free to exchange opinions at any time. A council needs to discuss things before taking a decision.

Please leave highlighting (bold +size) to me, so people can quickly find out where are the election calls, the results, and the reports (looks like we will soon be in the hundreds of posts).

I am also ansious to start. I will make my best to move things along, but this is going to be a long Campaign. Please be patient.

[size=+1]Election 2. Settings.[/size]

Game settings:

Game settings are more or less independent of country, so please vote on the following:

1. Difficulty Level
A. Normal
B. Hard
C. Very Hard

2. Aggression level
A. Coward
B. Normal
C. Aggressive
D. Furious

I will control the speed to my liking, I propose that all the rest are keep as default.

This election is closed.

Results:
1. Very Hard (13/16)
2. Normal (8/17)

The last election was a close one, but since two people preferred Aggressive, we will leave it a normal.

Last edited: