• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why do we have a 200 malus victory point when forming Netherland from Gelderland? Beceause not historic? Is it more historic to see a large Gelderland preventing the uprise of Netherland? And so why do we have 200 bonus point when forming Italy?

Anyway if not playing with "dynamic mission" but picking every five year the "Keep Gelderland" mission, 200 malus point will not be enough to make you loose the game.
But in "dynamic mission", a 200 bonus point could maybe give a chance to win with Gelderand-Netherland?... I have too few experience with this setting to tell. I im still looking for the settings that could give you any kind of challenge until 1819, i think that's hopeless :(

Second remark... damn frisian culture, i know i am not the first to complain... remember it is a game, not an history lesson

And third, isn't it time to start a new thread AGC-EEP : Netherland? Most of the posts in this thread are outdated

Isaac Brock said:
As such, the fact that only one province out of eight is French is already skewed against the Walloons.
Thanks Isaac, your support is well appreciated, it's not allways easy to defend our rights here ;)

bwyb00 said:
Why do we have a 200 malus victory point when forming Netherland from Gelderland? Beceause not historic? Is it more historic to see a large Gelderland preventing the uprise of Netherland? And so why do we have 200 bonus point when forming Italy?

I'll be the first to agree that this is massively inconsistent.

However, the original reasoning behind the VP loss for forming the Netherlands was two-fold (as I understand it)
1) From a gameplay point of view the choices are totally unbalanced so there ought to be a reason to not form the Netherlands. This is not really the same for Italy which is much harder to form and has significant drawbacks.
2) If you're supposed to be representing the ruler of Gelre, by abandoning your Autocratic/Aristocratic state for a decentralized oligarchic republic you're going against your principals. OK, this is a pretty weak argument, particularly for Gelderland which was very aristocratic throughout the EU2 period.

I'd like to see suggestions on how to rebalance the forming Netherlands event so that the VPs can be ditched.

Maybe it would make sense to give any nation that could have had a claim on a dutch province a 10 year cassus belli against Netherland and a -200 in relation. (France, Spain, Austria... wathever... i am better in game tweaking than in history ;-))

Of course all the problem is Netherland is given lots of favorable events beceause it is mainly designed to be computer controlled after a revolt. I guess this represent lots of works but maybe the human formed Netherland (frome Friesland or Gelderland) could use a different event file (another coutry tag but same name and same flag) So lots of too generous events could be removed.
- No more free fortress (logical while no more revolt)
- Less explorers or explorers given with transport ships rather than warships
- No more or less free manufactory

I only formed Netherland from Gelderland once, but my feeling was even when every provinces had turned reformed, i was earning less money than with Gelderland. I read in another trade there could be somes changes in the religion.csv file in the future, This is something to keep in mind for a rebalanced Netherland.

I could work on all this from myself if i was out of job... damn social life!

Hum... investigating the Netherland event file i realised how much it would be silly to try to split this file between regular and "human played" Netherland. I also noticed an event "The peace treaty of Munster" giving 300 vp points to Netherland and maybe compensate the 200 vp loss when forming the country... Finally i realized i am a 5 posts dude giving my advice to a 8200 posts guy and also i picked an avatar that suggest i am a Victoria player.. i must look so ridiculous :eek:o

My overall problem is more with victory points in general than with a particular coutry, so i will let historian experts tune their events as their wiches and launch another thread
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153430
Hope to have answers there

bwyb00 said:
. Finally i realized i am a 5 posts dude giving my advice to a 8200 posts guy and also i picked an avatar that suggest i am a Victoria player.. i must look so ridiculous :eek:o
Not at all. It's a real problem and well worth addressing.

My Netherland is now in 1626 and... pfff... what a bore! Now that all those explorers stopped knocking at my door, i am harassed by conquistadors claiming for ships to lead them in the new world. I have more than enough ship of course, but i'd like the game too give me a little more initiative. It told me when i had to save money (for impoldering event), it told me when i had to sails the sees and now it tell me it is time too explore the lands. In EU2, two games are supposed to never bee the same, i guess with Netherlans it will allways be the same. I had much more fun in my last game with Ireland. (in vanilla campaign, i hope it was not messed up in the EEP)

That's why I come back with that idea of making a "human friendly" Netherland when you form it from Gelderland. Of course you can forget about the silly idea to split it in a different event file, but a couple of "sleepevent" could make the game a little more challenging.
- No more or less free fortress
- Less explorers
- Less conquistadors

Another idea when forming from Gelderland: Netherland could consist of Holland, Zeeland and Geldre. Friesland would be a vassal, Flanders and Brabant as a second vassal (or two differents vassals?) The tree countrys would be in the same alliance with Netherland as leader... and maybe at war with spain to add a little more action, there we would maybe deserve 100 vp ;)
(cot and capital could be moved to Holland too)
I don't know if it is very accurate with history, but it would represent the decentralised form of governement and anyway, this peacefull formation of Netherland from Gelderland is allready purely fantasy.

Whatever... i am not sure i will keep on playing EU2, i am quite fed up! What i need now is a good soccer game and maybe some sleep!

I think this is a very good idea. Quite simple - when one of the Netherlands minors forms HOL it has to release other Netherlands minors as vassals.

I suppose they would be pretty easy to diplo annex a little later, but it would make forming the Netherlands a little better.

It would be very easy to also have the event forming the Netherlands sleep Dutch leaders and events. I don't know how popular that would be, but it is easy to implement. Any suggestions?

These events could also trip off some nasty hostility by potential owners of the Netherlands.

edit: At the very least the following events shouldn't happen if Netherlands if not form from a revolt:
-186012, 186011, 186010, 186009. These events add forts for the rebels
-186006 The Gueses - this event gives them an army and has an obsolete trigger that no longer works.
-3900 Creation of Dutch Republic - more freebies for the rebels forces all the other Dutch minors to join, moves the capital, adds cores.

Last edited:
Event 3900 is already slept by the events that turn you into the Netherlands. I'd like to propose the following changes, which sleep events that should only happen for a Netherlands that has just revolted away:

The Gueses - this was added to ensure that HOL could defend itself. Not needed if you form HOL from a different tag:
Code:
#The Geuses
event = { #The Netherlands should start with an army#
id = 186006
trigger = {
event = 3900#must have formed from a revolt
atwar = yes #The Netherlands are bound to be at war at that time#
}
random = no
country = HOL
name = "De Geuzen"
desc = "The Geuses were a group of dutch nobles who asked for the General Estates, they were 'Cé ne sont que des gueux', 'They are just beggars' was the comment 
they received at the Habsburg court in Brussels. The term gueux was adapted by them as Geuses as a name of honour. The watergeuses formed the most effective 
force in the early rebellion with a fleet of 30 warships they raided southern Netherlands from the English channel ports and the German port of Emden. In 1572 the Water
geuses managed to conquer the town of Den Briel, which was seen as an important victory in the early years of the rebellion. Willem of Orange, the main leader of the 
rebellion, attempted to form the Geuses into a disciplined army and fleet for the young republic."
style = 3

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1560 }
offset = 1
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1572 }

action_a = {
name = "Let us form an army and a fleet"
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 12 value = 3 } #The geuses were largely pirates and rebels and unruly to a certain degree#
command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 8000 }
command = { type = CAV which = -2 value = 2000 }
command = { type = ART which = -2 value = 30 }
command = { type = land value = 300 }
command = { type = naval value = 300 }
command = { type = warships which = 339 value = 25 } #The Watergeuses aka Sea Beggars, were the most effective and had 30 warships#
command = { type = transports which = 339 value = 5 }
command = { type = treasury value = 300 } #Funds being raised for the war effort#
command = { type = relation which = ENG value = -50 } #The English were rather unhappy with the watergeuses#
}
}
Basically I removed the now obsolete trigger and replaced it with the simple event 3900 one.

Then there are 4 events I added to ensure that no-one secedes provinces to the Netherlands twice. Clearly not needed when HOL is formed by a minor.
Code:
#events to prevent double ceding of provinces after HOL first becoems independent
#Freisen
event = {
	id = 186009
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 337 data = HOL } #Freisen - if they ever own Friesen they never will have it ceded to them
		event = 3900 #Creation of Dutch Republic - this event should not happen if someone becomes HOL.
		}
	random = no
	country = HOL
	name = "Wartime devastation of Freisland"
	desc = "The Dutch revolts involved many sieges, all of which were devastating to the urban populace of the Low Countries."
	style = 2

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1559 }
	offset = 5
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1648 }

action_a = { # Alas
		name = "Alas"
		command = { type = population   which = 337 value = -1000 }
		command = { type = sleepevent   which = 337044 }
		command = { type = fortress   which = 337 value = 1 } #not sure it's a good idea
	}
}

#Gelre Event to prevent multiple secession
event = {
	id = 186010
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 338 data = HOL } #Gelre - if they ever own Gelre they never will have it ceded to them
		event = 3900 #Creation of Dutch Republic - this event should not happen if someone becomes HOL.
		}
	random = no
	country = HOL
	name = "Wartime devastation of Gelre"
	desc = "The Dutch revolts involved many sieges, all of which were devastating to the urban populace of the Low Countries."
	style = 2

offset = 5

action_a = { # Alas
		name = "Alas"
		command = { type = population   which = 338 value = -1000 }
		command = { type = sleepevent   which = 337045 }
		command = { type = fortress   which = 338 value = 1 } #not sure it's a good idea

}
}

#Holland Event to prevent multiple secession
event = {
	id = 186011
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 339 data = HOL } #Holland - if they ever own Holland they never will have it ceded to them
		}
	random = no
	country = HOL
	name = "Wartime devastation of Holland"
	style = 2

offset = 5

action_a = { # Alas
		name = "Alas"
		command = { type = population   which = 339 value = -10000 }
		command = { type = sleepevent   which = 337046 }
		command = { type = fortress   which = 339 value = 1 } #not sure it's a good idea

}
}

#Zeeand Event to prevent multiple secession
event = {
	id = 186012
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 340 data = HOL } #Zeeland - if they ever own Zeeland they never will have it ceded to them
		}
	random = no
	country = HOL
	name = "Wartime devastation of Holland"
	style = 2

offset = 5

action_a = { # Alas
		name = "Alas"
		command = { type = population   which = 340 value = -5000 }
		command = { type = sleepevent   which = 337047 }
		command = { type = fortress   which = 340 value = 1 } #not sure it's a good idea
	}
}
Again I've simply added the trigger to each event.

These are straightforward changes and I can't see any reason not to adopt them immediately.

As to bwyb00's suggestion, here is how part of it could be handled:
Code:
#Creation of the Dutch Republic#
event = {

id = 28002
	trigger = {
			owned = {
					province = 337
					data = -1
				}
			owned = {
					province = 338
					data = -1
				}
			owned = {
					province = 339
					data = -1
				}
			owned = {
					province = 340
					data = -1
				}
			owned = {
					province = 378
					data = -1
				}
			owned = {
					province = 380
					data = -1
				}
			NOT = {
				exists = HOL
				}
		}
	random = no
	country = GEL
	name = "EVENTNAME28000"
	desc = "EVENTHIST28002"
	style = 2

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1550 }#moved forward so that vassals can be released
	offset = 3000
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1560 }

action_a ={
		name = "ACTIONNAME28002A"
		command = { type = vp value = 200 }
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk   which = 48 value = 8 } 
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 3 }
		command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = INNOVATIVE value = -1 }
		command = { type = gainbuilding   which = -1 value = bailiff } 
		command = { type = gainbuilding   which = -1 value = courthouse }  
	}

action_b ={
		name = "ACTIONNAME28002B"
#remove as vassals are pretty bad		command = { type = vp value = -200 }
		command = { type = independence which = FRI }#release Friesland
		command = { type = independence which = HAU }#release Brabant
		command = { type = independence which = FLA }#release Flanders
		command = { type = independence which = LUX }#release Luxemburg
		command = { type = inflation value = 10 }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		command = { type = country which = HOL }
		command = { type = religion   which = reformed } 
		command = { type = sleepevent   which = 3900 } 
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -5 }
		command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = -3 }
		command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = -2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = MERCANTILISM value = -2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = INNOVATIVE value = 2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = QUALITY value = -3 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 337 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 338 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 339 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 340 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 378 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 380 }
	}
}
Additional leaders and events can easily be slept here. This one should be discussed....

bwyb00 said:
That's why I come back with that idea of making a "human friendly" Netherland when you form it from Gelderland. Of course you can forget about the silly idea to split it in a different event file, but a couple of "sleepevent" could make the game a little more challenging.
- No more or less free fortress
- Less explorers
- Less conquistadors

Any specific suggestions?

- I have made a list of the explorers and conquistadors that could be removed without really reducing your exploration capacities. Remember that removing 5 explorer mean losing 15 warships :)
Conquistador: 0282, 0283, 0286, 0290, 2132
Explorers: 0288, 2161, 2162, 2164, 2166
This represent half of heach, i have kept those with a famous name or a long existance. Correct me if i removed a really famous one and sorry for the families.
- We could keep a 'C' choice that allow to form Netherland as a single block, as previously but with another penalty. But i am pretty sure those who choose to play Gelderland are looking for a real challenge.
- Now the Cot will belong to Flanders, maybe an event should move it to Holland ... we need 800 ducas for impoldering
- Just for the storyline, a period of high revoltrisk before the Dutch Republic event occurs could maybe justify that Geldre abandon its sovereignty.

I will try your code starting from my Gelderlands save games and think about a war against Spain or others.

0282: Minuit. You must be European if you think he's not famous! There's a monument to him in battery park at the tip of Manhattan. Founder of New York. OK he can go.

0283: Van Riebeeck. Again you claim he's not famous, but he is the guy who established the European presence in South Africa. OK he can go too.

0286 Van Diemen. Discovered Tasmania. I've no problem with that.

0290 van Walbeeck Conquered Curacao, a critical point in the survival of the WIC. I'm not so sure he's easy to get rid of.

2132 Reijersen set up VOC occupation of the Pescadores islands of Fujian. I'll sleep him

0288 C Houtman - led first expedition to East Indies (pre-VOC). I'm not sure why you choose him to sleep instead of his brother.
2161 van Heemskerck- beat the Spanish at Gibraltar toi bring about the 12 years truce. Seems like he should be kept.
2162 van Noort First Dutchman to circumnavigate the globe. Found straits of Magellan. Not so sure about him either
2164 Brouwer Found the southern route to the Indies, East from South Africa to Australia. OK he can go.
2166 Schouten - tried to break VOCs monopoly. He can go.
- We could keep a 'C' choice that allow to form Netherland as a single block, as previously but with another penalty. But i am pretty sure those who choose to play Gelderland are looking for a real challenge.
That makes sense.
- Now the Cot will belong to Flanders, maybe an event should move it to Holland ... we need 800 ducas for impoldering
Or maybe not. You wanted a challenge right. Do you want to sleep the impoldeing event? That is a pretty favourable one. I'd also be inclined to sleep the second military reforms event (1620 or whenever).
- Just for the storyline, a period of high revoltrisk before the Dutch Republic event occurs could maybe justify that Geldre abandon its sovereignty.
I definitely agree with this. You are revolutionizing the state, so it makes sense.

0286 Van Diemen. Discovered Tasmania. I've no problem with that.
No he didn't. Abel Tasman discovered Tasmania, and New Zealand, though he was looking for Australia. IIRC van Diemen was one of the "Heeren XII" at the time, the people who ran th VOC. Making him Tasmans employer. Sleeping him should not be o problem however as nothing was done with those discoveries.

Another idea when forming from Gelderland: Netherland could consist of Holland, Zeeland and Geldre. Friesland would be a vassal, Flanders and Brabant as a second vassal (or two differents vassals?) The tree countrys would be in the same alliance with Netherland as leader... and maybe at war with spain to add a little more action, there we would maybe deserve 100 vp
Can the alliance thing even be done if Gelderland is already in an alliance? i seemto remember that events cant break alliances so this could be tricky. Also why the war with Spain?. If you conquered the provinces before Spain could inherrit them they would have no specific reason to attack you. War with whoever is the Holy Roman Emperor at the time would make much more sence, after al you're suddenly forming a Republic out of what is supposed to be his land.

Registered said:
No he didn't. Abel Tasman discovered Tasmania, and New Zealand, though he was looking for Australia. IIRC van Diemen was one of the "Heeren XII" at the time, the people who ran th VOC. Making him Tasmans employer. Sleeping him should not be o problem however as nothing was done with those discoveries.
I've looked into it more. He wasn't on the Heeren XII, he was governor of the Dutch East Indies. In that capacity he led the army that conquered Malacca from the Portuguese, and led the forces that conquered Ceylon/Sri Lanka. So a pretty good military record really. Still I'm happy to sleep him.

Can the alliance thing even be done if Gelderland is already in an alliance? i seemto remember that events cant break alliances so this could be tricky. War with whoever is the Holy Roman Emperor at the time would make much more sence, after al you're suddenly forming a Republic out of what is supposed to be his land.
That makes sense. A 'vassal' command will break an alliance, so events can be scripted to make it work. However, this is basically a human-only event. So Gelre is likely to be leading it's alliance, and if not, in most cases a human will be in a position to decide whether he's better off leaving the current alliance and allying with his vassals, or staying in the current alliance and fighting the vassals.

Isaac Brock said:
That makes sense. A 'vassal' command will break an alliance, so events can be scripted to make it work. However, this is basically a human-only event. So Gelre is likely to be leading it's alliance, and if not, in most cases a human will be in a position to decide whether he's better off leaving the current alliance and allying with his vassals, or staying in the current alliance and fighting the vassals.

What i meant was, if Gelderland is in an alliance with say 3 other nations wouldn't the alliancelimit prevent the event from making the Vassals your allies. The only way around this would be to have an event to explain things fire just prior to the event forming the Netherlands, enabling the player to break the alliances himself. If i understand correctly Gelderland would have to own all the Dutch provinces for the event to fire, which would then release several provinces as vassals, so they could never be in an alliance. The "vassal"command does not IIRC break the alliances of the country receiving the vassals.

Registered said:
What i meant was, if Gelderland is in an alliance with say 3 other nations wouldn't the alliancelimit prevent the event from making the Vassals your allies.
No. Alliance by event doesn't stick to the 5 member limit.
If i understand correctly Gelderland would have to own all the Dutch provinces for the event to fire, which would then release several provinces as vassals, so they could never be in an alliance.
Well technically no because you don't need Luxemburg and Artois. But if "Dutch" means "Dutch cultured" rather than "Netherlandish" or some such thing then you're right.
The "vassal"command does not IIRC break the alliances of the country receiving the vassals.
Right. In my earlier post I meant that there are tricks that could be played to break the alliance (i.e., make in an event for Brabant make Gelre Brabant's vassal, then break the vassalage and trigger an event for Gelre creating the new alliance).

Isaac Brock said:
Right. In my earlier post I meant that there are tricks that could be played to break the alliance (i.e., make in an event for Brabant make Gelre Brabant's vassal, then break the vassalage and trigger an event for Gelre creating the new alliance).
There is something like this between France and Burgundy, the "Treaty or Arras", but when i saw this i reported it as a bug. I preffer no alliance than this cheap solution.

Isaac Brock said:
Or maybe not. You wanted a challenge right. Do you want to sleep the impoldeing event? That is a pretty favourable one. I'd also be inclined to sleep the second military reforms event (1620 or whenever).
I like Impoldering because it is very typical for Netherland, and it's got its drawback of paying 1000 ducas to complete. Ok to sleep military reform or such "impersonal" events.

I was wondering if we would not have a problem with religion, i still did not had the time to try but it seems all vassals will remain catholic. Will there be no problem to diplo annex them? Ok... real challenge ;)

About leaders we could of course start a new tread and talk about my ignorance, but i first looked at the born and death date to keep leaders spreaded in time, then epargned those whose name recall me something, like Barentz or Tasman. The problem is that if they have their name in this file, that means they must be famous somewhere. You can retune this as you wish, nothing force us to remove half of them neither.

Hi Registered, happy to see someone else show interest for this mod!

Here is my impression after first try, i stopped the test in 1662, it iconsider only the formation itself and not the leaders/event we could possibly sleep:
- If you own all requested province, Gelderland can be very rich long before Netherland form. Conditions where completed for me aroud 1500, i had 1600 ducas and a level 2 fortress everywhere around 1550 (this remark is not related to the mod)
- I took Köln from France around 1520, i could have took Luxembourgh instead but i knew this one would be lost when Netherland form.
- Netherland was formed on march 1557, i didn't realize you would had to avance the event from 10 year to make the release vassal possible.
- Flanders came with an explorer (3 warships) and a small army of 1000 mens with a King leader
- Netherland has casus belli against Brabant, Flanders and Friesland
- Brabant has cassus belli against Netherland
- Flanders has cassus Belli against Brabant
- France has cassus Belli against all but Friesland
- Austria and spain have no cassus belli against us (for info)
- Netherland has as relation of 100 with all his vassals, it seems to decrease of 2 points every monts.
- On january 1558 (4 monts later) Flanders cancelled his vassalization
- When i annexed Flanders, it give me the map up to the caraibes, i am now able to colonise Martinique in april 1559

So the mod that looked so nice on the paper finally gave me an advantage instead of the expected mallus: Netherlands form sooner, i discovered caraibes, i own Flanders and his Cot anyway.

=> Something should be done to improve relations so that dutch minors don't break vassalization
=> Nasty hostilities from other nations directed to all Netherlands or to specific minors would be nice (i still have plenty of gold to defend myself)
=> What about if the country that received inheritance of Burgundy quickly annexed Flanders (and/or Brabant)? Either by event or a forced war against Flander alone. Then we would have to face a bigger country if we want to recover it :D

Anyway, even if it did gave me an advantage instead of a penalty, this way of forming Netherland put a little action where there was nothing. Thats a start.

Last edited:
bwyb00 said:
I was wondering if we would not have a problem with religion, i still did not had the time to try but it seems all vassals will remain catholic. Will there be no problem to diplo annex them? Ok... real challenge ;)
We could use this event to force all the Dutch provinces to 'decide' if they will go reformed or not. Brabant and Luxembourg will likely be catholic anyway of course.
- If you own all requested province, Gelderland can be very rich long before Netherland form. Conditions where completed for me aroud 1500, i had 1600 ducas and a level 2 fortress everywhere around 1550 (this remark is not related to the mod)
not much we can do about that :)
- I took Köln from France around 1520, i could have took Luxembourgh instead but i knew this one would be lost when Netherland form.
Agian if you insist on doing that I don't see any need to stop you.
- Netherland was formed on march 1557, i didn't realize you would had to avance the event from 10 year to make the release vassal possible.
The issue here is the following:
-We don't want the minors (Brabant, Flanders, Luxembourg, Gelre, Friesland, County of Holland/Hainault) forming from the Dutch revolts. Therefore they are set (in revolt.txt) to be unavailable once the revolts start.
-They have to be available to be released in revolt.txt for the vassal command to work. Therefore I made the event happen before the revolt.
-I wanted this event to have a long offset. Hence the 10 years.

We could make all the Dutch minors "revolt=no", which means that they cannot form by revolt. However, I think this is very bad for the 15th century.
- Flanders came with an explorer (3 warships) and a small army of 1000 mens with a King leader
Yikes. The king leader is (I think) not a huge issue. Those damn Flemish explorers sure are. Maybe it's better not to release Flanders at all?
- Netherland has casus belli against Brabant, Flanders and Friesland
Yep, they sit on your cores.
- Brabant has cassus belli against Netherland
Core on Zeeland
- Flanders has cassus Belli against Brabant
Core on Brabant province I believe
- France has cassus Belli against all but Friesland
That's a bit strange.
- Netherland has as relation of 100 with all his vassals, it seems to decrease of 2 points every monts.
Are they in your alliance? Even with religion and CBs this shouldn't happen in the alliance. If it does we can add a Royal Marriage.
- On january 1558 (4 monts later) Flanders cancelled his vassalization
What were relations? Were they in the alliance?
- When i annexed Flanders, it give me the map up to the caraibes, i am now able to colonise Martinique in april 1559
Ugh

=> Something should be done to improve relations so that dutch minors don't break vassalization
Easy at first. If it stays at -2/month it will be hard.
=> Nasty hostilities from other nations directed to all Netherlands or to specific minors would be nice (i still have plenty of gold to defend myself)
Yes definitely needed.
=> What about if the country that received inheritance of Burgundy quickly annexed Flanders (and/or Brabant)? Either by event or a forced war against Flander alone. Then we would have to face a bigger country if we want to recover it
Or maybe not. Usually it's Spain that inherits (obviously), so maybe we could cede all the land to Spain instead of making the minors break free. That seems pretty harsh though.

I'd like to try the following:
-Release Brabant and cede Flanders to Brabant.
-Reaction events for France England Austria and Spain. These would actually have some bite rather than just -200 relations
-Desertion events that hand much of your army over to your new vassals
-Ideally something to make the event happen later...

Another version
Code:
#Creation of the Dutch Republic#
event = {

id = 28002
	trigger = {
			owned = {
					province = 337
					data = -1
				}
			owned = {
					province = 338
					data = -1
				}
			owned = {
					province = 339
					data = -1
				}
			owned = {
					province = 340
					data = -1
				}
			owned = {
					province = 378
					data = -1
				}
			owned = {
					province = 380
					data = -1
				}
			NOT = {
				exists = HOL
				}
		}
	random = no
	country = GEL
	name = "EVENTNAME28000"
	desc = "EVENTHIST28002"
	style = 2

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1550 }#moved forward so that vassals can be released
	offset = 3000
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1560 }

action_a ={
		name = "ACTIONNAME28002A"
		command = { type = vp value = 200 }
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk   which = 48 value = 8 } 
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 3 }
		command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = INNOVATIVE value = -1 }
	}

action_b ={
		name = "ACTIONNAME28002B"
#remove as vassals are pretty bad		command = { type = vp value = -200 }
		command = { type = independence which = FRI }#release Friesland
		command = { type = independence which = HAU }#release Brabant
		command = { type = independence which = LUX }#release Luxemburg
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = HAU which = 380 }#secede Flanders to HAU
		command = { type = dynastic which = FRI }#RM Friesland
		command = { type = dynastic which = HAU }#RM Brabant
		command = { type = dynastic which = LUX }#RM Luxemburg
		command = { type = inflation value = 10 }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		command = { type = country which = HOL }
		command = { type = religion   which = reformed } 
		command = { type = sleepevent   which = 3900 } 
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -5 }
		command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = -3 }
		command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = -2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = MERCANTILISM value = -2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = INNOVATIVE value = 2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = QUALITY value = -3 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 337 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 338 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 339 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 340 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 378 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 380 }
		command = { type = desertion which = -1 value = 10000 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 186016 } #Reforms of the military.  No 80 years war, no military reforms
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 3900 } #creation of Dutch Republic
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 0283 } #Van Riebeeck
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 0290 } #Van Walbeeck
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 2132 } #Reijersen
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 0286 } #Van Diemen
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 0282 } #Pieter Minuit
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 2163 } #Jan Huygen
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 2164 } #Brouwer
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 2166 } #Schouten
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 2168 } #F de Houtman

}
}