• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Uh, did the wolves forget to send in a hunt order? I got my scan result (happycats=wolf).

Wagonlitz, let's pull the plug on this. The wolves aren't even here to fight back.
There indeed was no hunt. And the game can only end with wolves living if all living wolves surrender by PM to the GM.

Used to be a rule that after 3 days all non-voters were auto-lynched. I think it at least has to be considered, more on a case-by-case basis though.
Sounds like a good idea. Though this game is already in motion, so it cannot be implemented here; you cannot change the rules once the game is going.

Daffius is subbing happycats517.

No, this is Lite. Missed vote = instant autolynch. Like Zeus sending a lightning bolt to smite a mortal. Pow! Just do it, Wagonlitz. You'll feel good.

I don't know when we started showing mercy to zombies, but the way I read the rules, the GM can choose to offer a sub instead of an autolynch -- but is under no obligation to do so. And since they already missed a hunt, I daresay they've given up.

I don't know when Lite got all Bigged up like this, but maybe we need to pare it back down. Instant autolynch for missed votes, maybe reduce the number of players to reduce zombies... Lite was supposed to be for the hardcore players to keep playing after they got killed early in the big game. It was not for zombies -- that is why we had draconian rules. In a Lite game (6, maybe 7 days) you don't have time to allow 2 missed votes.
As you not it has changed. These days precedense is that a missed vote results in immediate sub (in big you can miss 2 or 3 votes before sub). Though if the same character misses two votes it normally results in autolynch.

Wagon is a bit thick on following rules. Might be easier if someone steps in and surrenders and ends this no? Or would you prefer doing this for 2 more days?
The only way to be a fair and just GM is to strictly follow the rules by the letter. Otherwise the GM could arbitrarity come up with new rules to suit his moods; nobody would like such an unpredictable game.

Daffius has chosen to sub out which means that the player formerly known as happycats will be autolynched at next update lest somebody else subs into him---or Daffius makes a vote today.

Jesus Christ

What happened to this game?

Also, is lite actually for experienced players? cause I assumed by the name that it was for newbies.

What happened to this game?

Also, is lite actually for experienced players? cause I assumed by the name that it was for newbies.
Lite as well as big is for people who can make a commitent and be mature. Here we witnessed the lack of commitment. Seriously we should start limiting the number of noob/zombies in a lite game. EG you missed a vote, you skip the next game you sign up for. Missed two skip 2.

The "Lite" is for "eLite", to quote some other player long ago. It's the hardcore version of Werewolf. Big is where you can mess around a bit.

I'd say it still is. This is the second time I've played a wolf, first time playing at all in two years, and probably only the 4-5th time playing WW here at all.

The "Lite" is for "eLite", to quote some other player long ago. It's the hardcore version of Werewolf. Big is where you can mess around a bit.

I usually avoid Big because I find the complexity confusing, whereas the complexity in Lite emerges out of very few rules and so reminds me more of my favorite game Diplomacy.

The term Lite here reflects the difference vis-à-vis the Big where you have more players, more roles, traits, etc. Here it is limited to 17 players, with 4 wolves and one seer, hence the 'Lite'.

Thus it has nothing to do with experience. Lite is probably worse for a newbie though, as some people have played the game a Brazilian times, devised strategies they think everyone knows about and use nonsensical jargon, etc.

I usually avoid Big because I find the complexity confusing, whereas the complexity in Lite emerges out of very few rules and so reminds me more of my favorite game Diplomacy.

In Big you can just embrace that you have no idea what's going on and go with it. Comparing Lite to Diplomacy is apt, because by cutting the players and rules it becomes a very tight game. There are set situations and known circumstances to be manipulated and analysed, and every action or inaction has consequences. Since everybody is doing that you get the same battle that makes Diplomacy delightful. There's no cruising, unless you do it deliberately for effect.

It's why I haven't played nearly as many games as aedan in three times as long here, because I know when to not even try signing up. I probably shouldn't have this time given the timing, and it showed.

Whatever happened to Diplo here?

I think it was just too much for anyone to commit to playing. There might not have been any games since you were last active, it just tapered off.

Sorry, marty. If I sub for jcucc instead, you guys win today. Probably.
Maybe. There was no way for me to be active today. I have a daily schedule during the week that doesn't mesh with people in Europe; while Wagon could've picked a worse deadline for me, this one was still pretty bad.

I just got in about 10 minutes ago, and have read through the thread to this post.

My first question is where on Earth Happycats went.
My second is why HC didn't post any faked PMs.
I'd like to thank marty for putting in a tremendous effort, unfortunately I couldn't be online to help with that, or we might have had a chance.

Oh, and yes, myself and Daffius, the wolves, surrender.

Whatever happened to Diplo here?

I think it was just too much for anyone to commit to playing. There might not have been any games since you were last active, it just tapered off.

In the most recent game one of the players disappeared from the forum and needed a sub and one couldn't be found. The GM got banned for a bit later.

Wagonlitz, have the forms been obeyed? Are we released from Tartarus?

Maybe. There was no way for me to be active today. I have a daily schedule during the week that doesn't mesh with people in Europe; while Wagon could've picked a worse deadline for me, this one was still pretty bad.

I just got in about 10 minutes ago, and have read through the thread to this post.

My first question is where on Earth Happycats went.
My second is why HC didn't post any faked PMs.
I'd like to thank marty for putting in a tremendous effort, unfortunately I couldn't be online to help with that, or we might have had a chance.

This is ok. Not like you were subbing in and fully aware of the deadline.

Day 6

Since nobody has disappeared since yesterday when you found Lieselotte you have faith in having found all leaks. Though you do find it strange that Eugen Grimminger defended Lieselotte yesterda. But you cannot ask him about that, since he and Harald Dohrn haven't been seen since yesterday. Suddenly you hear lots of noise from the outside; apparently Eugen (wolf, happycats517) and Harald (wolf, Rovsea) were Gestapo officers and now they have called for backups and the Gestapo is storming your meeting place. Though luckily there is an exitway which the leaks didn't know about and you manage to disappear before getting caught. All except Sophie Scholl who are apprehended and imprisoned in the Gestapo head quarters awaiting trial. So it is with a sad mind that you go underground knowing you leave your friends to almost certain death, but there is nothing you can do.
As Alexander Schmorell tries to escape to Switzerland he is apprehended.

I140116_205034_1661104oTextCS_54587395.jpg

The actual guillotine which executed Sophie Scholl; it still has blood stains from its many executions.

A few days later Sophie Scholl, Hans Scholl, Willi Graf, Alexander Schmorell, Hans Conrad Leipelt and Christoph Hermann Ananda Probst are put infront of Roland Freisler. Unsurpricingly Freisler sentences them all to death; though he is sad that so many members of die Weiße Rose got away. Mere hours later the prisoners are taken to the guillotine room and beheaded; Eugen Grimminger, Harald Dohrn, Kurt Huber and Lieselotte Fürst-Ramdohr all witness the beheadings and think they did a decent job in rooting up this resistance group, but they cannot help thinking that they at least partly failed since several members got away.

Winners

Fritz Hartnagel (Ironhead, seer)
Sophie Scholl (Gen. Skobelev, villager)
Alexander Schmorell (madchemist, villager)
Marie-Luise Jahn (sexytoes, villager)

Sophie and Alexander are as mentioned beheaded in 1943. Fritz is arrested and sentenced to 18 months in prison. Later he marries Sophie's sister Elisabeth and after the war the allies sentence him as a sycophant of the nazi regime and he dies in 2001. Marie-Luise dies in 2010.
Judge-president of the People's Court Roland Freisler continues to sentence people to death until an American bombing of his special court in Berlin on the 3rd of February 1945 kills him. One of the 20th of July 1944 would be assasins of Hitler, Fabian von Schlabrendorff, is on trial that day and Freisler dies holding Fabian's files; Fabian survives the war because of that bombing and later becomes a constitutional judge. Freisler would have continued sentencing potentially thousands to their death hadn't he died in that bombing.

Last edited:
Wagonlitz, have the forms been obeyed? Are we released from Tartarus?
That wasn't. But the PM Rovsea sent telling me he surrendered was. As I5 pointed out in the last big we have to stop accepting surrenderings made in the thread; they must be made in PMs lest villagers can clear themselves that way.