Share what's going on in your game right now

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

My current game which thanks to almost game breaking BUG I had to put on hold till 1.6.2 rolls out. Just a typical Poland into Commonwealth into SmashyourfaceMuscovy into Siberia into AsiaBlob. Started as ususal, allied Austria, joined HRE after ceding appriorate amount of provinces to my vassals to make it possible, PU`ed Lithuania with decission, took Gdansk and Chelmno in 1st Teutonic war and returned Neumark for Branderburgia, annexed Mazovia, allied Branderburg for Western Arms Trade, annexed Moldavia, declared 2 nd with Subjugate CB from Poland`s mission, vassalized Teutons - left alone Livonian Order and Riga (coalition from that would be monstrous ... to much at this stage). Set my eyes on Muscovy. Waited till they finally Annex Novgorod in their 3rd War. Declared without CB on Muscovy 1 day after annexation by Muscovy. Austria didn`t want to join nor Branderburg. Waited patiently with my armies on Lithuanian provinces for Muscovy to start droping siege stacks. Went in ruthlessly, won few minor battles, then got my ass kicked in first big battle, waited to recover my armies and went in again this time with small stack sieging province and main army waiting on the other side of the border. I managed by this tactic get WS to around 50% then when I was about to loose a big battle I settled for peace - Kholm for me for Novgorod realease as vassal and release of Perm on eastern Muscovy border. Improved relations with Perm, allied them, RM`ed them but I couldn`t vassalize due to distance and BT still to small. During truce time still active Sweden was wrecked by rebels very hard, veeeeery hard and thanks to it Finland appeared on the map. I managed to vassalize them diplomacily. I`ve waited patiently till truce goes away and BAM, 2nd War without CB again :-( I`ve forgot to fabricate claims before I released Novgorod ..... oh well, Branderburg answered CTA but Austria didn`t even though I had them on declaration of war info screen showing as positive but they refused .... had to quickly raise relations to get Alliance back, month later I called them in again manually and they accepted the call ..... weird - propably a BUG. War went smoothly, we all managed to bring the WS to 100%, returned cores to my pets Novgorod and Finland and took 1 province for myself on lithuanian border to FINALLY DONT WASTE STABILITY .... and 2 developed colonies east of Perm which Russia... take it back ... Muscovy managed to set. This made vassalization of Perm possible. I`ve waited another 5 years and declared 3rd war. Both allies answered CTA, we steamrolled Muscovy pretty fast this time and furhter return cores followed to Novgorod. Muscovy got attacked during this war also by Denmark and Kazan but they coudln`t do much as all of their provinces we`re already occupied or sieged by my forces. Future wars with Muscovy were just a mop up to claim, annex, core as efficiently as possible.

I`ve already set my eyes on Asia, to be specific Ming ofcourse (It was 1540`s back then and Xi cores disapear on 1592), and thanks to some clarification from people at Post your empire thread I knew my first goal. Vassalize Oriat. The luck wanted that same month I was through finally with Muscovy and my armies started long march to east Manchu force vassalized Oriat. Just a small change, instead delcaring on Oriat I declared on Manchu with Asia expansion CB. War went fast force vassalized Oriat for 92% WS. Waited just few months to recover WE and my armies to be 100% and declared on Ming which was in coalition that formed after Manchu war, other countries in coalition were Manchu as you can imagine and Korea. Nothing serious. War was fast because I was interested in just 3 provinces in Ming territory and some return cores to Oriat, just few. After peace deal I`ve released Shun, Xi and Zhou. Following years included 4 to 5 Ming wars in which I returned cores to my fat, rich vassals, starting with Xi. Between last Ming wars I set my eye on Chagatai that had some Oriat cores to return and time was running out fo such action so I declared and wrecked Chagatai and their allies. Luckily Chagatai was allied to blobbed Crimea which eaten Golden Horde. My peace deals after succesful wars included, taking 2 provinces from Crimea to release Golden Horde, geting one province from Chagatai to form Khazakh and return cores to Oriat. Next war with Chagatai and Crimea could have been won by my vassals themselves but I helped them to speed up the proces. The screen you see is after annexation of Oriat, Khazahk and Golden Horde. My next goals after 1.6.2 and resume of this game propably will be Timurids, as some cores for them are still there. Next propably Kazan, Nogai, Persia and Inda. Western Europe I`m leaving for Administrative Efficiency.

As my first Idea group I took Diplomacy and followed it with Expansion which timed almost perfectly with Muscovy 2nd war peace deal. For 3rd Idea I picked Offensive. Those great plains and long distances can be solved pretty easily by Force Marching. As 4th I picked Religious as my RU was dropping below 50%. Next up will be propably Trade and Quality(or Quantity, is this so much buffed right now?).

I wonder how big I can get this Blob of mine? :cool:

Last edited:
Play France (yes, yes, boo hiss) because I was fed up with my British empire game being broken by the patch (the CN trade power issue. Which annihilated my income).

1604, and I have PUs with Castille, Portugal and Denmark-Scandinavia. Spain holds most of South America by themselves because Portugal had been taking a right monstering from our combined forces up till I took the Portuguese crown off of the British. The Pope, despite being appointed by the almost consistently uniform French college of Cardinals, hates my guts because he wants the rest of Italy. It is probably only a matter of time before I switch to one of the "new religions" and outright annex Italy, as my armies spend enough time there as it is, as the Pope always seems to be allied to someone I am going to go to war with.
The Ottomans are only just starting to break out of their starting borders after I broke the balance of power in the Middle East by ravaging Oman and stealing the Indian trade from the Mamluks. Russia has never formed because the Polish-Lithuanian-Hungarian axis carries on slapping them down - not that it has stopped them expanding eastward to the Pacific already. The Huron have united most of the eastern seaboard tribes, and it is only a matter of time before all hell breaks loose between them and Nouvelle Flandres.

Currently trying to decide between going berserk in Europe, and sticking to my original plan (which was to not stray too far outside of mainland French borders)

In this game I play Austria reverse AI style:

I am allied to Burgundy (AI always rivals them)
I am rival to France (AI always loves them)
I am protestant (AI hates you for being protestant)
I did away with the Habsburgs (AI turns entire HRE into Habsburg)

My efforts in reforming the religion in Europe.

I've just stopped my Poland game because I was stuck with the "Royal struggle" modifier bug.

Still, I managed to dismantle the HRE and get the Winged hussars achievement before ending it. But I just don't want to endure a +10 revolt risk until the end of the game. This would drive me nuts!

I'm going to start over with the beta patch 1.6.1.2, which apparently fixed this bug. I think I'm going to try this time to join the HRE, aiming for the "Emperors new clothes", "Poland can into space" and "Royal authority" achievements.

eu4_19_zpse4ef2282.png

eu4_map_HAB_1559_09_13_3_zpsbe8fa253.png

eu4_20_zps24b0bf98.png

Austria game (ironman), my goal: A traderoute from east-asia through the red sea to venedig node.

Initially i simply gave up on the HRE completely. Emperor did go to Bohemia after my first king died. I allied France and when burgundian inheritance fired, Bohemia got the lowlands. Which i dont really care, as i dont even want any swaths of land there, i want to concentrate in venedig and thats where i funnel everything in.

owning half of italy was easy, as was pushing back the ottomans. I am now starting to nab african and middle-east provinces. Syria is my vassal, Jerusalem is mine and Mekka will be as well later. But european problems call me back...

I started the game with the thought "well, France is rampaging in this version of game, but maybe i can just ignore them and let them roam free, what could happen." Yeah, i know, foolish me, but i really didnt want to have to take them down, because i dont really want any provinces north and west of venedig trade zone, because i have no use for any trade there!
The started to get italian provinces, and they broke alliance and set me as rival after i changed to protestant. :/ I hoped to prevent that with high relations, but nope.

I just decided to take back Emperor from bohemia and to go till "revoke the privilegia" to have vasal zergswarm as safeguard. I have enough electors and now just the bohemian king has to die. I didnt fight France yet, so i dont know how i would fare against them.

I conquered and annexed permanently, i spend monarchpoints left and right and can never have enough. I think im 1 tech behind in admin and diplo. Doesnt help that i got diplo, religious and offensive as ideas (in that order). And i still want to take Trade and Exploration/Expansion for my trade-empire...

For all you people who say "why didnt you just take venecia?" Because im a german, i like austria and wanted to play as it. :p Also i like to do unconventional things. Like an trade-austria that goes through the middle east to asia. (And i want an austrian australia, lol)

PS: No matter how long i look, i CANT get the missions to PU Bohemia and/or Hungary. Did i miss something? The mission to PU burgundy was available when they were still around.

Last edited:
I startet a quick game yesterday to test if Ottos still can convert to Catholic (Works, but is harder, first convert to orthodox than u need to get croatia annex them peacfull to not have nationalsim, than wait until the catholic Rebels appear, taking ragusa and converting them to get rebels dont work any more, because there only blob up nationalists for the next half century)
In this game i allied with Austria and see something never happend before, Burgundy and France always attack only Austria in 1510 Burgundy was nearly so large than France, never seen this in 1.6.1 , bugrundy gets always eaten by france.

1484, Novgorod completely annexes Muscowy.

Roll back about 40 years, Moscow declared on Kazan and fought Crimea & Kazan @ the same time. I waited 4 years until they burn all their manpower to attack. Thanks to Novgorod cheap merc, I tanked the war with Muscowy and took away Pskov & Perm & one province in that one war, rack over 50 AE. After that... it's one war every 5-6 years until they are completely annexed.

I fought some interval war with hordes & small Russian states. I have to say, fighting hordes on hordelands is BRUTAL.

I thought about preventing Lithuania from reaching to Baltic in their war on Riga; but their manpower is far superior than Novgorod's. Right now, manpower is 0 due to constant war, and most of my infantries are mercs.

Per diplomacy: no worthy ally... Novgorod is universally hated. But no coalition either, tehehehehe :D

Last edited:
Ottoman Empire 1580: Looking pretty healthy. Just recovering from a massive war in the Middle East which resulted in me turning Qara, Al Hasa, Oman, and the Mughals into vassals. (They were being led by a reasonably sized Persia.) I've already occupied Egypt and incorporated Hedjaz, Tripoli, Tunisia, and Algeria into the Empire. I've advanced into the Balkans and have eaten about half of Hungary. Poland was a superpower for a time, but it basically imploded and was tore apart by various coalitions. my main threats now are Russia, a strong aggressive France, Austria, and the Iberian Alliance(ironically enough the weakest of my opposition as they keep getting on the worse end of wars with France). My immediate goals are to absorb my vassals, occupy what's left of Hungary, and push Portugal out of Morocco. Besides my vassals, I have a large Crimea as my sole ally. They're too large too vassalize so I'm hoping for a PU. If not, they make an effective buffer while I tear apart central Europe. With the collapse of Poland Lithuania, Russia may actually push into Europe.

l8MZ1aN.png

Took Nepal since WoN changes Hindu, though I'm quite dissapointed with lack of any events but one so far - and even this was pretty insulting one: choose between +5 prestige or till death of monarch -1 legitimacy -50% chance to get heir and -1 relation - it was called Shiva concealed though when i looked later it shows that all events for Shiva are "that good". So far everyone here is my vassal, my new subject is Shan which i gained after coalition war against me which involved Dheli, Malwa and Shan. I got one so far idea Exploaration with 3 of them filled so far. Obviously it was taken to deny Spice Islands to European. Good thing is Timmies are under PU with Kazan so they are not a threat anymore. After annexing some of my vasslas i am going to hunt down Pegu who is in alliance with Lan Xang and Dai Viet so all of them in one war hopefully vasslize and then pile up on little Ayutthaya by feeding Khmer and Malacca. Probably i will try to have everything between Baghdad and Papua so i can steer everything to Basra and Persia Trade Node and make Nepal some sort of Asian Prussia :)

Here are my 2 ongoing games. The first one (Netherlands) has been put on indefinite hiatus due to France breaking our 200 year alliance because they want India, and France is an unstoppable beast T_T.
The second game is my first Russia game in which I'm trying to conquer all of Europe. I could use some suggestions on this game. I have 4 electors vassalized but still can't get into the HRE because Trier wants nothing to do with me.The only thing I can think of is to either vassalize a 5th elector (probably Bohemia) or to time a war with Austria perfectly so that Trier is forced to hate Austria. Also interesting to note: Poland is the same dynasty as mine but they haven't had a disputed succession in ages so I am wondering whether it might just be easier to straight up eat them.... Anyway, here they are.

Year is 1598
ZQMmR8P.png

EmFpqi1.jpg