• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1) At the moment, the supply line runs through a number of VPs, airfields, and major cities ... all of which are garrisoned. I have numerous divisions (militia, garrison, and cav) spread out across the former Soviet Union so when an upraising does take place it is swiftly dealt with.

2) IC constraint. I didn't have enough IC to go around. When I started that project, I was also finishing up (iirc) my atomic reactor, I was building a heavy bomber wing, constructing numerous subs (to deal with the Allies and to try and get to superpower status), and reinforcing and upgrading my military which had been neglected, and working on expanding other things such as airfields and building two static lines on the Eastern border.

So in time, assuming the war plays out alright, I would take up that suggestion and throw in additional west-east routes.

In my experience there is need for a Rostov-na-Don to Berlin and a Archangelsk to Berlin direct link, the latter might not need a full 10 infra on the last part.

Allied Breakout Offensive (3 – 9 May)

Since the Allied link-up of their two beachheads, calm descended across the front. This break in the fighting provided our forces with a much needed rest. Troops were rotated off the frontline, new positions were prepared and old ones refurbished. A small reserve was even established, and in places a secondary line prepared. However, the British had been preparing too and they did not allow our forces too much respite.

The Allied Breakout Offensive.​

On 3 May, the British launched a massive two pronged attack on our lines. The eastern prong was a strike towards Paris, while the western prong was an attack towards Rennes. Behind heavy artillery and aerial support, thousands of men and tanks pushed forward in both sectors. As news spread behind the lines amongst the French population, riots and demonstrations once more broke out in Paris. On the front, our troops were barely holding on under the weight of the British attack. Despite heavy tank and manpower losses, the British continued to press forward. As the fighting progressed, the small reserve that had been built up was committed as were the troops manning the recently created second line positions. The attack had drawn in all available troops, no other troops could be pulled off the front and sent into the battle without risking the collapse of the entire front and our position in France.

German camera crews capture the French protest.​

By the 8th, the British had seized the town of Evreux, a mere 30 miles from the outskirts of the French capital. The French were now at fever pitch. In Brittany, the British had cleared the outlying villages and were fast approaching the city limits of Rennes. The following day, Parisians – anticipating a rapid British arrival – took to the streets once more. This time, however, it was in armed insurrection rather than in civil protest.

I wonder what the Abwehr has found out about the total size of Allied units in France and their losses to date. And how many reinforcements will arrive when?

How the Eastern Front doing? can it spare a few dozens of thousands of troops a few months?

Thanks very one for the comments.

I guess you're gonna get some guys from the east?

It is a possibility. On the other hand, ever province that makes up the new Reich-Soviet border is manned by two infantry divisions. Other than a handful of mobile divisions, there isn't really much to spare.

Scourge from the East shall come and wipe the Saxons back to the sea whence they came!

I hope not! Although, it is a possibility.

A counter attack from the panzers on Le Havre might do wonders for your eastern flank.

Attempted and failed. The AI has landed a lot of garrison divisions, which are a very tough nut to crack.

I wonder what the Abwehr has found out about the total size of Allied units in France and their losses to date. And how many reinforcements will arrive when?

Very detailed reports have been kept, and will be declassified at the appropriate time ... you know like when I get around to writing them :laugh:

How the Eastern Front doing? can it spare a few dozens of thousands of troops a few months?

At the moment, peaceful. But with little infantry in the way of manning the new frontiers, it may be unwise to shift the army back west.

but, the Saxons in the West are now more than a threat, what's the problem if the Red advance a few hundred miles? once you send the British back to the see you can focus the Weharmcht in the Sov frontier

If they attack and break through, I would have little to stop them. My forces are spread thin ... I think it would be a rout!

Scourge from the East shall come and wipe the Saxons back to the sea whence they came!

I do believe I may have to jack this quote, somewhat, and make you the Soviet propaganda minister!

Betrayal (9 – 13 May)

As fighting spread throughout the Parisian suburbs and across the center of the city, the feeling that the city would soon fall rapidly took hold. Paris was home to headquarters of Army Group B (commanding the two armies responsible for anti-partisan/occupation duties, coastal defense, guarding of important locations, and helping to man the frontline) as well as the army and corps headquarters for the First Panzer Army. With thousands of armed rebels on the streets and only the 8,000 men of the 285th Security Division spread out throughout the city to protect German interests, the officers at the various headquarters started burning sensitive documents and made preparations for evacuation.

Situation map depicting the spread of the FFI
Insert: Photo from French propaganda newspaper, announcing the liberation
of Paris and depicting FFI members during the battle.​

Additional uprisings took place in Orleans and Tours, and numerous points in between. The French, calling themselves the Forces Françaises de l'Intérieur or FFI, had taken control of a large sectiona of countryside between Paris and the Vichy border and were spreading fast. There was little in the way to stop them as our forces were centered on the frontline and the most important strategic locations. Just before midnight on the 9th, the Vichy regime announced to the world they intended to free France from our oppression, renounced their alliance, and declared war. Immediately, public broadcasts were made from the various Allied powers acknowledging the Vichy regime as the legitimate French government and vowing their support.

The 10th was a day of high and lows for both sides. Just before sunrise, the British launched attacks across the length of the frontline pinning down every single German troop in northwest France. In the south, scouts around Bayonne reported French troops moving towards the city. As the port was of little importance, and being so far south and essentially un-defendable, the garrison was ordered to abandon the city and transfer to Bordeaux. However, by the end of the day the British attack towards Rennes – one half of their attempted breakout offensive that had stimulated the Paris uprising – had finally been repulsed, and the center of Paris had been secured. Several hundred rebels had been killed during the two days of fighting in the city, and thousands more had fled towards the suburbs of Versailles which was under solid French control. The day ended with the Kriegsmarine reporting the sinking of the 300th British merchant ship of the year.

The Franco-Italian frontline, 13 May​

The following days saw the FFI spread throughout the countryside. More and more territory was lost to them, causing havoc behind the frontline and major concern on the frontline as the British attacks threatened to crush either end of the frontline. Adding to the trouble was reports of the FFI spreading east. The area between the Franco-German border was lightly defended, and little in the way of reserves were based within the Reich. If these rebels could secure the various bridges and other lines of communication between the main French army and the Reich, a major disaster could emerge. The 9th and 10th Luftwaffe Field Divisions along with several Volksgrenadier divisions, all defending airbases or on occupation duties, were ordered to this new frontline with the mission of halting the FFI and ensuring the border did not fall before reinforcements could be scrapped together and dispatched. As the FFI spread east, the French army pushed into the Italian occupation zone of southern France. The French military quickly brushed aside the light resistance offered and started pushing for the Italian border liberating their fellow countrymen from the Italians. On the 13th, the first skirmishes outside of Bordeaux occurred as regular French troops moved to encircle the port city and the Kriegsmarine’s primary U-Boat base.

I assume that Vichy in SF HPP was a more of an opponent, since now they're a disorganized bunch due to their high CG demands of their regular divisions, so they have barely left anything for supplies and convoys, let alone production :sad:

what they conquer goes to Vichy France? holy cow, that there is an undercover enemy

Thanks for the comments guys.

I was planning on getting this up to date this week, but I am not feeling too well so I probably wont update until next week now. Talk to you all soon.