• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If possible perhaps you do a decision for Scotland where it starts off in 867 as the Kingdom of Pictland and then becomes Scotland like how Asturias becomes Leon, because Scottish Kings till Constantine II were still King of Picts.

Hmm. Not a bad idea.

This is what I'll probably do - at the 867 start, Scotland will be known as Pictland (even though it's still k_scotland in the game code, obviously). After c. 900 if the Kingdom of Scotland is held by a non-Pict, an event will eventually fire that asks you if you want to change the name to Scotland. The AI will always rename it to Scotland, but the player has an option to keep it as Pictland.

VIET Assets
Cultures and Portraits Revamp
PB VIET Core
PB VIET Defines
PB VIET Events
PB VIET Immersion
PB VIET Traits
Project Balance

Ah, I suspected that was the case.

CPR should not be running with Immersion, as it is integrated into Immersion. Thus what's happening is that there are duplicates of most of the cultures, meaning the game wants you to be part of North Germanic culture group #1, but you are part of North Germanic culture group #2, if that makes sense.

My suggestion would be to turn off CPR. Since it's integrated into Immersion you will see the portraits as expected. I believe your savegame should be safe, but I'll just warn that there's a chance it might be messed up.

I'm having a little bit of trouble installing the mod. I've downloaded the .rar, and extracted to C\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod . But there is nothing showing up when I launch the game. What am I doing wrong?

I'm having a little bit of trouble installing the mod. I've downloaded the .rar, and extracted to C\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod . But there is nothing showing up when I launch the game. What am I doing wrong?

Did you make sure the .mod files were also extracted properly? If they weren't then that the launcher won't recognize it.

Your mods folder should look something like this:

QkPmsIZ.jpg

Corrected it. Thanks for the fast response to a newbie.

No problem. If you want to double check the installation steps I've just added a series of screenshots and detailed instructions on the first post (in the "Installation" section) for those who are a bit confused on whether they've installed correctly or not.

Nice work on the new Bohemian GFX set, Cybr. Although I think only Bohemians and Croatians use it. I don't see a Slovene culture present within the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Also - A bug, when using extra portrait backgrounds, it says there are 28 available yet I can only select 26. Pretty sure that isn't WAD. ;)

I've 3 more issues I'm afraid - dunno if they are VIET-related tho (I have marked with green the things that need to be addressed)!...:

Im at 1041 A.D. (the game started at ToG-start initially). From my 1st rule as a Finnish Duke, I'm currently at my 5th reign (female, Pomeranian, and of slavic - unreformed - faith). My highest titles atm are Queen of 3 countries:

- Finland
- Sweden
- Lithuania

(I have changed my primary title to Queen of Lithuania)

Check this out now...:

...I was married MATRILINEALY to a Turkish, Tengri guy. I had 7 children with him, only 2 of which are currently surviving.

Of the 7 children I have / (had):

- 4 x Pomeranian and Slavic
- 1 x Finnish and Finnic
- 1 x Finnish and Slavic
- 1 x Norse Slavic

Now, HOW on earth is it possible for a Pomeranian ruler-mother that has married matrilinealy to have children with various cultures??! Shouldn't she have ONLY Pomeranian descendants?

Moving on...:

My 2 surviving children (heir + pretender) are the following:

1 x Norse Slavic female
1 x Pomeranian Slavic male

The standing Royal Laws of Lithuania are: Absolute Cognatic Gravelkind [note: i don't have ANY succession laws available since I am - still - unreformed (slavic) pagan].

So the primary heir is my Norse, Slavic, daughter. My Pomeranian, slavic, son is a pretender and has claims for: Kingdom of Sweden + 1 x Voivodship + 4 x Counties (!!!).

My...initial plan was to give my son a temple when he was of age (he was raised to be a dutiful cleric, so I'd turn him to a Bishop--->he wouldn't have claims on anything else). The rest of my lands were to be inherited by my daughter naturally.

HOWEVER, when I tried to give a Temple (at some county) to my son, he takes it gladly, BUT he CONTINUES to have all the previously-stated claims to my other lands as well (!!!)...Is this because of my unreformed faith, or is it a bug?!...Whichever the cause might be this sucks BIG time as you realize!...Where / how do I need to go to change things so that whenever I make a bishop out of any of my heirs he/she will have NO OTHER claims to my lands whatsoever?

And the worse part is that if my daughter becomes the next heir of the throne (which she WILL be ofc), ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE, because she is Nordic! (note: I've mentioned of the BAZILION rebellions against me from land-owners in my realm at a previous post in here if you remember). This will, automatically, mean that my numerous vassals will hate her fkn guts because of her (non-pomeranian) culture!

Any idea on how to change things so that all ruler's children will ALWAYS have the SAME culture with him (if he is a King) or her (if she is a Queen and has been married matrilinealy)??

Last (but not least)...:

As i've said before the Royal Laws of Lithuania are Absolute Cognatic Gravelkind.

This means that both male and female children of the ruler have equal rights for his/her titles, right? (Even more so, if you take into consideration that I play with PB's-Gender Equality module as well!)

So WHY do ALL my vassals that I've given land(s) to have both the following negative disposition types against me??...:

- Female Ruler: -10
- Female Heir: -5

If to those 2 you add the following negative ones I have atm:

- Medium Feudal Obligations: -15
- Foreigner: -18
(to those vassals that apply ofc)
- Religious Differences: -9 (some Finnish counts / Dukes have that mainly, but still)

...and some other ones that I have occasionally (like "demesne too big" / "tyrant" / etc.), you get the picture of how EPICALLY DIFFICULT it is, as it is, to "hold it all together", and not see my realm in ruins! Needless to say that my "neighbors" ain't exactly...friendly either (primarily the Danish and the Russians, but the Norse still remain a significant threat to the west too)!...

So, is there a way to make the Female Ruler: -10 / Female Heir: -5 negative dispositions to dissapear permanently when the current Gender Law is Absolute Cognatic?

Thanks in advance for your continuous assistance, and sorry for the long post! :blush::wub:

Nice work on the new Bohemian GFX set, Cybr. Although I think only Bohemians and Croatians use it. I don't see a Slovene culture present within the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Slovenes are in PB so they're likewise in the PB+VIET version, so if you're playing PB+VIET you should see the Bohemian portrait set on them.

Also - A bug, when using extra portrait backgrounds, it says there are 28 available yet I can only select 26. Pretty sure that isn't WAD. ;)

Ah, where do you see that? I can't find where I say that anywhere. :wacko:

[... long post :p...]

The only reason kids would have different cultures and/or religions is if they are being tutored by those who are of a different culture or religion. Make sure your kids aren't being tutored by people of different cultures or religions if you want to avoid this. Unless if they have different cultures and/or religions right when they're born, then that probably is a vanilla bug, though probably not one I can do much about since I don't mess with the code relevant to kids being born per se (the childbirth death events are technically separate from the actual event concerning a kid's birth). I think there is a console cheat that allows you to change culture and religion of various characters, so you may want to look into that in the cheats thread in the main forum.

As for your issue with temples, no idea. Maybe a vanilla bug, I dunno. I do know that characters will inherit their parents' claims even if they're a theocracy (occasionally in the strange screenshots thread on the main CKII forum you'll see screenshots of kingdom theocracies in France or whatever because of this), and that would be WAD.

As for the dispositions, that is semi-WAD - or at the least Meneth has decided not to change them in the gender equality module. I don't know whether it would be possible to code for the dispositions for just absolute-cognatic succession; I personally wouldn't remove them, but if I knew I would have told you how to change it, sorry. :(

Hope that covers everything.

...Hope that covers everything.

!!!

I think I'm having my...234th nervous breakdown or something atm!... :-O :-S :p

I'm at my 6th reign nao, and my norse daughter has become the Queen of the realm ofc. i fight 2 simultaneous civil wars against ***20*** (!!!) vassals overall! This shiet is UNREAL man! I should be video-taping this from the start, and writing an epix-novel in the end as well-lol! :-O :p Will send you screenies 2morrow! Thank God I have like good number of levies + loyal forces + mercs and I'll kick their asses in the end! \m/\m/

Anyway to da point:

1) For the kids-having-diff-cultures thingie: Most probably the "culprit" is the education of ma children then (not 100% sure tho cause i can't remember for sure). Will have to make a note to check this more thoroughly on my *next* campaign, and if it's NOT because of their education I guess I'll have to bug some game-devs or something

2) About the temple-giving to my son and him not "dropping" his land-claims (becoming a bishop in effect, etc.): Well, in my case I ain't a theocracy-thingie like I said. Can't believe that even THIS thing is hard-coded! Arrrgk! :-O :-S :-#

3) About the specific (i.e.: - Female Ruler: -10 /- Female Heir: -5 ) dispositions against female rulers under Absolute Cognatic rule: This is PLAIN WRONG, really. Note, that I *didn't* ask for them to be removed completely, but ONLY under Absolute Cognatic rule-system. Well, if it can't be changed what the hell is "gender equality" good for then? Only for females to be assigned cities / temples??! (I guess I should be asking Meneth that huh) :-S :-/

So the...morale of the story, is pretty much this I guess!...:

- NEVAH start a campaign as ANY unreformed, Pagan-faith ruler! Waste of time to reform the faith + endless civil wars + NO ALLIES to call upon when you get wtfpwned from Catholic-nations (or what have you) + many moar things that I can't recall atm cause I'm having a seizure or something :p

- Pray to your...rl-God(s) to be given ONLY boyz as heirs in this game!

- When selecting a tutor for your heir + pretender, make SURE they have good traits, they are of the same faith AND culture like you

/sighs :sad::wacko:

About the temple thing: I'm pretty sure that only Christians are removed from the line of succession when given temple holdings in general, so you may want to look at the christian parts of the religion files.

Alright, so as a heads up, here are the mods I am trying to integrate partly or fully into the next version of VIET. These I am definitely integrating and have received permission from the authors:

- North Africa Expansion 2.0
- Additional Objectives 2.0
- Judaism - The Diaspora, the Exilarchs and the Khazars
- Mazdayasna Zarathushtrish
- http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?707448-MOD-Latinokratia

I am also considering several older mods, including the following two mini map-mods that don't add any new provinces so should be very easy to integrate:

- Totius Insulae Britannicae: British Isles Map Overhaul
- Bohemia v. Richtigu

I'm going to start combing older posts for mini-mods I might want to integrate. For those who've been around longer than me, if you know of any really old (i.e. outdated) mini-mod you think could be integrated into VIET, please don't hesitate to tell me! (But it really has to be a mini-mod. Big things I probably won't ever get to integrating as I probably won't be able to finish :D)

Alright, so as a heads up, here are the mods I am trying to integrate partly or fully into the next version of VIET. These I am definitely integrating and have received permission from the authors:

- North Africa Expansion 2.0
- Additional Objectives 2.0
- Judaism - The Diaspora, the Exilarchs and the Khazars
- Mazdayasna Zarathushtrish
- http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?707448-MOD-Latinokratia

I am also considering several older mods, including the following two mini map-mods that don't add any new provinces so should be very easy to integrate:

- Totius Insulae Britannicae: British Isles Map Overhaul
- Bohemia v. Richtigu

I'm going to start combing older posts for mini-mods I might want to integrate. For those who've been around longer than me, if you know of any really old (i.e. outdated) mini-mod you think could be integrated into VIET, please don't hesitate to tell me! (But it really has to be a mini-mod. Big things I probably won't ever get to integrating as I probably won't be able to finish :D)

Great stuff! Are any/all of these VIET exclusives or will they also be in PB+VIET?

As for mods Id like to see integrated, Id have to say zeress's Flavourful Titular Titles. Its nothing fancy, just a latge array of titular titles you can form to spice up your game. It gives you alot of freedom, specially in role-playing, allowing me to do stuff like starting with one of the normas stuck in anatolia after Manzikert and from there establish the Norman Empire :p Ive been meaning to create a PB+VIET compatible version for personal use, but because of my tight schedule this past few months Ive been unable to get it done. If you like it, it shouldnt take too long to implement (that is, if zeress gives permission).

Edit: oh and since Ive seen you post around there, I wonder if you'd be interested in integrating the ancient religions mod? Or is that out of the scope for what you want for VIET?

Last edited:
Sounds all very good! Careful with the Bohemia mod though (which I, being a bit of a fan of Bohemia in the middle ages, love) - it has done stuff to rivers too.

About the flavourful titles, hmm, an argument could be made that they sort of veer into mere fantasy...

Sounds all very good! Careful with the Bohemia mod though (which I, being a bit of a fan of Bohemia in the middle ages, love) - it has done stuff to rivers too.

About the flavourful titles, hmm, an argument could be made that they sort of veer into mere fantasy...

Theres nothing there thats outright fantasy. Anachronistic? Sure. I mean you can form the Archdukedom of Austria and the Carthaginian Empire, but in a game where you already can restore the Persian Empire and create the Russian Empire, anachronism is hardly something new.

Theres nothing there thats outright fantasy. Anachronistic? Sure. I mean you can form the Archdukedom of Austria and the Carthaginian Empire, but in a game where you already can restore the Persian Empire and create the Russian Empire, anachronism is hardly something new.
Don't forget about the Aztecs who're WAY a few centuries early.

Don't forget about the Aztecs who're WAY a few centuries early.

TBH the Aztecs showing up in Europe IS fantasy, and a prety weird one :p If you wanna talk stuff thats centuries ahead of time, well as soon as cybr implements the judaism mod you can create Israel literally a thousand years before the real date. Cant get much more anachronistic than that :D

I knew sifting through old mods was a good idea. I came across a very old portrait mod, possibly the one where Shaytana got his original African portraits from, and discovered to my delight the fellow already created a Western/Mongol face combination that would work perfectly for most steppe folks. It took me several tries to recombine the steppe portrait stuff to get something I liked (and was distinct from both the Western/Russian folks and from the Mongol folks), but the end result does seem good enough for now and is in my opinion a good approximation of the motley mix the steppe folks were. They still look a bit too Western in my opinion, but eh, I won't complain:

Thank Peuri for his work here!

Every time I click the mercenary button to hire some it crashes any fixes?

Never heard that bug before, though, but I'll see what I can do. A few questions first: Anyhow, does it crash for a specific mercenary group or any mercenary group, if you know? Additionally, what modules of VIET are you using and what other mods if any? Lastly, does the error log show anything? The error log is located in "Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/logs" for the vanilla version and "Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/Project Balance/logs" for the PB version (though do note if you're running other mods, the log might be in a different folder, though you should probably be able to recognize which when you come to the Crusader Kings II folder). You should get the error log from immediately after the game crashes if possible - if you start the game up again it will clear itself.

Great stuff! Are any/all of these VIET exclusives or will they also be in PB+VIET?

Only NAE 2.0 will be vanilla VIET exclusive. Whether Meneth wishes to integrate NAE 2.0 into PB is something that's up to him, although as you probably know PB does have the original NAE.

As for mods Id like to see integrated, Id have to say zeress's Flavourful Titular Titles. Its nothing fancy, just a latge array of titular titles you can form to spice up your game. It gives you alot of freedom, specially in role-playing, allowing me to do stuff like starting with one of the normas stuck in anatolia after Manzikert and from there establish the Norman Empire :p Ive been meaning to create a PB+VIET compatible version for personal use, but because of my tight schedule this past few months Ive been unable to get it done. If you like it, it shouldnt take too long to implement (that is, if zeress gives permission).

Some of the titular titles I like, but others I don't. Personally I'd rather have zeress do a compatch of some sort for VIET/PB+VIET if possible. As said it probably shouldn't take him too long and since VIET/PB+VIET doesn't really change the map much except in Africa it should be easy to do.

Edit: oh and since Ive seen you post around there, I wonder if you'd be interested in integrating the ancient religions mod? Or is that out of the scope for what you want for VIET?

Ancient Religions would probably be outside of VIET's scope unfortunately, though superskierpat does seem close to finishing the VIET-compatible versions.

I probably won't take the terrain changes, just the province changes.

TBH the Aztecs showing up in Europe IS fantasy, and a prety weird one :p If you wanna talk stuff thats centuries ahead of time, well as soon as cybr implements the judaism mod you can create Israel literally a thousand years before the real date. Cant get much more anachronistic than that :D

Well, the Israel thing I only did because enough people pestered me with it. And, well, actually, most of the Jewish stuff outside the courtiers and the flavor event I'm only doing because enough people pestered me with it.

Which does go to show, even if I'm reluctant to add in something at first, if enough of you pester me, there's a chance I do it. :p

Sorry for what might be a repeat question. Has anyone tried VIET in Linux to see if it works?

No one to my knowledge. I don't have Linux myself, so I haven't been able to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.