• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Seljuk invasion triggers with the Seljuk having 500k-1000k troops which is a little bit too much... I am using CK+ and CVfixes +Hardcore modus. Is there any way I can tone it down a bit?

Alright, I think it bugged out because it didn't consider jewish rulers.

Here is the fix for mongol_events.txt
option = {
name = "EVTOPTC60201"
trigger = {
OR = {
religion_group = christian
religion_group = judaism_group
}
NOT = { has_landed_title = k_seljuk_turks }
}
}

Just copy it over the existing part of the event.

Alright, I think it bugged out because it didn't consider jewish rulers.

Here is the fix for mongol_events.txt
option = {
name = "EVTOPTC60201"
trigger = {
OR = {
religion_group = christian
religion_group = judaism_group
}
NOT = { has_landed_title = k_seljuk_turks }
}
}

Just copy it over the existing part of the event.

consider jewish rulers for what?

consider jewish rulers for what?

You know, the Seljuk event is made the way that EVERY RULER in the world receives it. But the trick is that only Pope spawns the troops. The others just see a notification. With an inclusion of an entirely new religion group, its members spawn the troops as well. Hence the result.

Trust me, when I was trying to find out what the hell went wrong with the Seljuk invasion, I was stunned by the fact that the event even freezes the game for a while, grants Seljuk millions of troops and creates more than seven hundred (!!) Seljuk characters, till I found out this issue ;). Because: Why make things easy when they can be made hard, don't you think, PI :D?

Btw, how many duchies does Gavelkind AI create possibly now? Just two or even more? We need to know so that we can whether we will continue the 3-duchies-requirement or degrade back to the vanilla two?

Btw, how many duchies does Gavelkind AI create possibly now? Just two or even more? We need to know so that we can whether we will continue the 3-duchies-requirement or degrade back to the vanilla two?

I've seen the AI create as many duchies as they can, actually! In my most recent game the Duchy of Westseax went to the Kingdom of Westseax after it created all of the southern England de jure duchies. So, basically, rejoice! The AI is no longer idiotic about expanding its powerbase!

Just a heads up for those considering using the new beta steam patch, if you do, note that going back to 1.102 will mess with your old save files. Thus, if you decide to try the beta patch, stick with it until full release as going back wont allow you to play old save files (causes random CTDs for example). Although old save files seem to work fine with the new beta patch.

You know, the Seljuk event is made the way that EVERY RULER in the world receives it. But the trick is that only Pope spawns the troops. The others just see a notification. With an inclusion of an entirely new religion group, its members spawn the troops as well. Hence the result.

Trust me, when I was trying to find out what the hell went wrong with the Seljuk invasion, I was stunned by the fact that the event even freezes the game for a while, grants Seljuk millions of troops and creates more than seven hundred (!!) Seljuk characters, till I found out this issue ;). Because: Why make things easy when they can be made hard, don't you think, PI :D?

:eek: wow. Paradox likes to throw curve balls for modders I see. where is this event located so I can overwrite it?

Well I've encountered a very strange problem. I'm using the beta update and now any independent territory that is a de jure part of an existing or newly formed higher territory causes the individual to snap into becoming their vassal. I first noticed this during my Karen game when right from the beginning the county of Khwarizm immediately became the Yogbuid's vassal. This wasn't much, but when I made the kingdom of Khwarizm and the muslims to the east immediately became my vassal...

Anyone know how to prevent AI republics from moving to their capitol to the scripted capital? I ask because I am playing a game of making as many republic as possible, and for example Morocco keeps trying to move its' capital to Marrakech. This is a non-coastal province and immediately turns it into a non-trade republic. The only way I have been able to prevent this is by making sure that the patrician families don't hold that land.

Well I've encountered a very strange problem. I'm using the beta update and now any independent territory that is a de jure part of an existing or newly formed higher territory causes the individual to snap into becoming their vassal. I first noticed this during my Karen game when right from the beginning the county of Khwarizm immediately became the Yogbuid's vassal. This wasn't much, but when I made the kingdom of Khwarizm and the muslims to the east immediately became my vassal...

Okay, I think I've zeroed in on the problem. This de jure issue does not affect anyone other than Karen and its neighbors. If I do a fresh start of CK2 and start as anyone, the county of Khwarizm becomes a vassal of the Yogbuids to the north. If I resign and try again, Khwarizm remains independent. This will remain so for as many times as I like until I restart CK2, at which point the issue resurfaces.

The second part of this problem is the Samanids to the east. If I do a fresh start of CK2 as Karin and console give myself the kingdom of Khwarizm, the Samanids immediately become my vassals, but the Yogbuids do not. If I then resign, start as Karen, and give myself the same kingdom, the Samanids remain independent. If I quit and start up CK2, start as Karen, and give myself the kingdom of Persia, none of Persia's de jure vassals become my vassals.

In short, there are 2 problems: the Yogbuids and the county of Khwarizm, and the Samanids and the kingdom of Khwarizm. This issue can be resolved by resigning, but resurfaces when you restart CK2. as the county of Khwarizm is normally a part of the Yogbuid territory in vanilla, I'm thinking these issues are related to CK2+.

Any reason why Galicia, Leon, and Castille are Ag-Cog Primo in the 1066 start in CK2+? Seems sort of silly since the reason they're divided is because of Gavelkind.

Muslims eat them otherwise.

Ok, let's say I just want to play CK2+. Which of those patches should I download and so on. Damn mini patches and steam :angry:

Did you see this ?
Version 3 of my fixes for CK2+ 2.01.2

Carried over several changes and additions from vanilla patch 1.102
Tweaked "Become a King" ambition to try to incentivize AI to form kingdoms (00_ambitions)
Tweaked succession laws slightly (ai_change_succession_laws, change_gender_laws, change_succession_laws, succession_laws)
Included Battle bunny's fixes to automatic succession law changes (maintenance_decisions)
Included pants of iron's fixes for holy orders (religious_events)
Removed duplicate decisions (realm_decisions)
Pagan Conversion decisions because of holy wars should actually work now (conversion_decisions)
Added special Casus Belli for Seljuk Turks (seljuk_cb_types)

Download: View attachment 84086

Let me know if you find any problems or anything missing.

So 1.102 or the latest beta vanilla patch as from reading this thread it could be working ok.

Quick question: how do I stop my kingdom from going into civil war every time my King dies? I think only once has my heir succeeded my King without a civil war with the Prince or Court faction declaring war against me....

EDIT: I understand this mod is meant to make things harder but I must be doing something wrong because its just ridiculous sometimes. I once had a civil war that lasted for over a decade.... my King spent half his lifespan in civil war and hte other half keeping the vassals happy/paying off debts and could barely do anything else :p

Is there an individual mod that adds all the titular kingdoms/empires to vanilla? I love the concept of being able to form empires the way you have them here, but I'd like to use it with some other mods/adjustments that are not compatible with CK+

Status
Not open for further replies.