• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
War of the North and Trident

Riding with his Prisoner

Smalljon Umber
(February 317)​

“You served as a prisoner to Edmure Tully did you not?” he asked the man beside him. As he looked upon the man he could not help but think the man was completely defeated. Nearly two years ago he had met his sister in King’s Landing when he had been made the Lord of the North. She was so lovely, joyous, and bright. Many spoke of her brother as the same, but he could not see it. The man looked sad and lifeless.

He did not even bother looking up from the road when he replied, “Yes. For over a year I spent my days either shackled to a wall or sitting alone in a tower.” Riding alongside him for a few more moments he waited for some kind of engagement. He never got any though.

“I’m going to go ride with Ser Durran.” Even to that he merely got a nod from him. The man was broken. That was certain. It would almost be a courtesy to end his life for him. This life had brought the man nothing but sadness. It may be time for him to move on.

As he approached Ser Durran he readjusted his sword belt. It wasn’t on tight enough and kept sliding back to an uncomfortable spot. Next time the army stopped he would have to adjust it. “Can I help you Lord Umber?” The man always seemed to know when you approached. It was quite uncomfortable, but he was getting used to it.

“Just looking for somebody to talk to.”

“Do you have another question for me then?”

He had spent the last four days asking him question after question. The man was rather forthcoming with information. Even to his enemies. “I was just curious. I have heard tales of Lord Paul’s, Lord Terrance, and Lord Gwayne’s skill in battle. When I came face to face with Bryton I was certain I would kill me. He seemed so erratic and my men were pummeling him. It looked like an easy kill then when our blades met he seemed to turn into a different person. It took all my strength to hold him back. When he disarmed me I thought I was going to die.”

“Is there a question?” Ser Durran interrupted.

“You trained the Badics family in arms. Who would you say is the best?”

“Lord Paul would best any of his children. Though his youngest, Lord Gwayne, could probably best either of his brothers Lord Umber.”

“I much prefer being called King.” As he said this he looked across his land.

“Just remember you may have your sword and free reign of camp, but you are still our prisoner.” As he looked across his lands he nodded his head. He was on his way to the Vale. Bryton had captured him and he was now his prisoner. His army was defeated and he no longer wore the simple gold circlet of King of the North.

6f226ab9-d18a-4a86-a96c-67558f0df1d0_zpsd7e0ed3a.jpg

c1f41dc3-c504-4143-9c70-24fd3a67c522_zpseff6985e.jpg

War of the North and Trident

An Empty Seat

Gwayne Badics
(July 317)​

Standing beside the great chair of the Eyrie, Gwayne held his head low as he spoke, “Lords, Ladies, and the Knights of the Vale, a great wrong has occurred to us. In fear of the love and goodness that my wife, our Lady Barbara Arryn, has in her, the King Orys has put her in the Red Keep’s dungeon.” Dropping his head lower Gwayne waited.

It took a moment but finally he heard one of the Lords he had assembled speak up. “We should raise our banners and march south.”

“No my Lord Andar. Should we make such a move then the King will certainly kill my wife. I could not live if something happened to her.” The Royces were always so battle hungry. You could always count on them to make such a suggestion. He could not let this suggestion get to strong though.

Thankfully Lord Sunderland spoke up. “We can not have anything happen to her. With only little Mela who has survived this union between Lord Gwayne and Lady Barbara we have to ensure she stays safe.” The man then looked over to Lord Andar and Morton Waynwood as he said, “It would be horrible if another war happens because of the greed of others.”

With that yelling between the different Lords and Ladies broke out. This was exactly what he needed. Yet there was a small group in the back who were whispering to each other. In the group was Nyckolas Saul and his eldest Harlan, Ser Creighton and Ser Gwayne. The last two in the group was his two brothers. Terrance was whispering quite ‘aggressively’, but Bryton said nothing. He was simply standing there listening to them and staring him in the eyes. Unable to keep his eyes on him, he looked back down to the chair.

“Why don’t we send a group of Lords to try and talk the King into releasing the Lady Barbara?” This came from Lord Hersy.

“I would, but I fear that the King would just imprison these envoys alongside our Lady.” When his eyes met his brothers again he added before anybody else could speak, “We must simply hope our Lady will be returned safely to us. Until her return I will rule the Vale as her Regent.” Many began to question this and these he kept in his mind. Before they could get to loud though he said, “Please return to your estates and give me some time. Hopefully soon there will be a better option, but for now let me grieve with my daughter.”

This got the people to stop speaking and they started to leave the room. As they did he went through the names in his head. There were Lords Wydman, Donniger, Templeton and Ser Nyckolas who had all spoken against him taking over. They would have to be dealt with, in time. For now though he would enjoy his power.

When the last man had left the room Bryton stepped out from around a pillar. “You finally have gained the power you have always sought. Are you happy now? You will abandon your own wife just so you can hold a little bit of power. Do you think I will allow that? The Vale belongs to the Falcon.”

Sitting down in his wife’s chair, Gwayne looked down upon his brother. He had worked to hard for this. He refused to allow his brother to stand in the way of his plans. “The Vale is mine!” he screamed. With those words still echoing his brother smiled and turned. As he reached the door he simply whispered, “For now brother. For now.”

As he watched him leave he could not help wonder if he should write to King’s Landing again about more ‘traitors’ to his friend.

Last edited:
And that brings us to the end of Book 3, War of the North and Trident. I hope you enjoyed the previous book and the next book, Rockslides and Rapids, probably won't be started until later in the month. If you have any questions or suggestions or any comments at all feel free to post them. I will answer anything you wish to know.

Good stuff. I was wondering if it may have been Bryton but didn't want to assume it was. I sense a showdown finally coming between Gwayne and Bryton.

That is the main concept of the next book. Only nine of the twenty chapters follows a Badics. Edmure Tully also has two more chapters.

Edit- Also a lot of main characters will be dying in this coming book.

Last edited:
Rockslides and Rapids

Still as Death

Barbara Arryn
(January 318)​

Why was she here? Why had she been put in this cold, dark place for these past six months? She had done nothing wrong. She was loyal to King Orys just as her father had been loyal to King Robert. The Vale were servants to the Stags. What would make them do this to her?

For these past six months she had sat in darkness. All she had for company was the elderly, fat guard who brought her food and the movements of her stomach. The man had brought her food and more food when he learned of her baby. He often spoke to her of wanting his own children, yet he said he was unable.

The movements had come to a stop though. Once her water had broken the guard had arrived to help her through it. The other three babies were difficult without being shackled. This one was nearly impossibly hard. She pushed for hours until finally it was out. There was no crying though.

"The cord has strangled your baby," came a voice in the darkness. The man who stepped into the light from the guard's torch was the ugliest, smallest person she had ever seen. He had two colored eyes that were terrifying to look into. "You will suffer the same fate if you do not become loyal to the throne." Loyal? She was loyal. Before she could say anything the small man said, "I need to speak to you, Rugen." That was the last time she had seen either of them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize I said it would be a while before I posted this next book. Just got bored at work.

Rockslides and Rapids

Gwayne's Celebration

Bryton Badics
(October 318)​

His brother and Lord Andar were unbelievable. The Lady Barbara was imprisoned, her baby was dead, and so these two hold a Tourney in Runestone. They said it was to 'honor' the Vale's victory over Harbert Baratheon but it didn't matter. It was just wrong.

These fools got to drink and celebrate while the Lady Barbara was locked away in a dungeon. He would make these two pay, somehow they will both suffer for what they have done. The Crone will show him the way, the Mother would protect Lady Barbara, and when the time came the Warrior would give him the strength to kill these two men.

Looking over the men and women at the feast Bryton spotted his father's friend Nyckolas Saul and his eldest, Harlan. These men were speaking with one of the Waynwoods and a young girl. She could be no older then ten, but both of the Sauls treated her with respect. She must then be the man's youngest daughter or maybe his granddaughter. The Sauls had taken second and third in the Tourney. When he had spoken to Terrance about moving against Gwayne he said that they needed them on their side. Ser Nyckolas may be getting older, but with their father's death he was now considered the Vale's greatest knight.

As the two finished their conversation they approached him with smiles. The younger asked, "Did you hear about Smalljon, Lord Badics?"

"After I released him he was arrested by King Orys who then sent him to the Wall to serve under Lord Commander Loras Egen." He had hoped the man would have been able to return to his home, but the King had other plans. At least he allowed Umber's son to keep the title as Lord of the North.

4ce3dff3-de79-4b38-afc6-63a59115f077_zps27a499e8.jpg

"Yes. I keep wondering if he will refuse the Wall and return to rebel once again. Do you believe he will? Ser Donnel thinks it will happen."

Looking over their shoulders at the Waynwoods he said, "So that is Ser Donnel Waynwood. He does not know Smalljon as I do. He will serve his time on the Wall, then die." Spotting the little girl again he asked, "Who is the kid with him?"

This time it was Ser Nyckolas who responded. "That is his granddaughter, Lyra. He brought her here to find a suitable match for her. The man wanted to marry her to my youngest, but I had to refuse him. The boy wants to marry somebody closer to his own age." After a few seconds pause Nyckolas whispered, "We need to do something. We need to strike at Gwayne."

That would be gutsy he thought. Gwayne was still to powerful. "No worries. I have a plan in motion."

Last edited:
Rockslides and Rapids

Leaving the Vale

Ser Arstan
(August 320)​

The trip south was even harder then he thought it would be. Bryton was finally returning to the world of the living and was taking part in things. The only problem though was that he always appeared so empty inside. He laughed, he planned the destruction of his brother, but his eyes were always darks and empty. No matter what he was doing, his eyes never changed.

When he gave his brother the orders to take Grey Glen from Andar Royce he had that look. Then with his brother’s return the eyes did not change while he drank and laughed and celebrated. It was then that he realize it was time to go.

Bryton had been planning for a full year on how to properly hit back at the men who had stolen the Vale from Lady Barbara. Who to strike, where was a weak target, and when to make the move. Once again just like their time fighting in the north, something great brought no joy to either himself or his Lord.

He wrote the Queen with these words in hope she could breath life back into her twin. Her reply had not been what he expected. Instead of writing about her brother she wrote of herself and the King. How with Jaime Lannister’s death they needed another man to join the Kingsguard. Now here he was riding on the King’s Road to put on the white cloak of the Kingsguard. He knew he was becoming a pawn to another Badics, but he did not care.

d8bdf69b-bc78-40be-80dd-e57b61b40d05_zps8cf72a1c.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again photobucket is down so I will be adding the pics at a later time.

Last edited:
Rockslides and Rapids

Murder

Harrold Badics
(April 321)​

“Why would your father do such a thing?” cried his wife into his shoulder. He loved his father, but what he did could not be forgiven. He had changed since mother’s death and now he has completely lost his mind.

Holding his wife close to him he said, “I do not know. He is trying so hard to be like his own father. The only problem is that he is doing it the wrong way. My grandfather was a great warrior. He was also a master of the Game of Thrones. In his lifetime he made it so my brother became the future Prince of Dorne, Uncle Gwayne became Lord of the Vale, and Aunt Caleigh was Queen of the Iron Throne.”

Pulling away from him, Harrold could not believe all the tears and snot on his wife’s face. She was usually so beautiful. More importantly her eyebrows were furled. “Are you telling me that he killed my little brother who is only two years old so that our children will become Lord of Rollingford?” There was nothing else to do but nod his head. “What’s next? Once I have a couple of children will he kill me too?”

“I’m sorry. I never thought my father would try to do something like this. He is normally a very good man. I fear this latest death has hit him as hard as when his own father died.”

“Why should this matter? The man was not his father, his brother, or his wife. Why should he care so much about one knight?”

“Ser Durran was my father’s teacher in combat. It was also he who taught him to live with the pain of his wives’ and father’s death.”

“You never answered my question. Will he kill me too?”

Would he? That was a good question. He did not know the answer, but he knew his wife wanted something from him. “No. Lord Paul never hurt women and so I do not believe he will do any harm to you.” Remembering her brother he corrected himself. “At least to your body.”

“What then do you think he will do then?”

“That is simple. He is already doing it. Lord Paul saved the Vale for Lady Barbara by stopping Bronze Yohn and Lady Waynwood from replacing her. My father is trying to protect the Vale for Lady Barbara from his brother and Lord Royce.”

As the two looked at each other Alynne began cleaning up her face. In the middle of a wipe she said, “Are you telling me you became Lord of Grey Glen because your father is trying to be his father?”

“Sadly, yes.”

“What are we going to do?”

“I will speak to him, but I fear with Ser Durran’s death there is nothing we can do now. I will try my best to stop any of his more foolish actions. But that is all I can do.”

Rockslides and Rapids

Meeting of the Small Council

Orys Baratheon
(September 321)​

Looking at all the men and women of his council, Orys wondered in years from now would this be known as a time of strength, of weakness, or would it be forgotten. His reign had not gone as well as it should have. After his father’s death he was made a prisoner to his own grandfather. Thanks to his Uncles in time he was rescued by Lord Varys who had been Master of Whispers since Aerys III. The bald, fat man was getting old now, but still knew all the lands secrets. “Are there any whispers you have received from your little birds?”

“Nothing of great importance. Smalljon’s son seems to be the most loyal man in the North in many decades. Edmure Tully’s son is counting down the days until he is made the true Lord of the Riverlands. He to appears loyal though he will no doubt have to contend with his brother and most likely Lord Blackwood once that does happen.”

“Our new Master of Ships, Lord Harlaw, who could not attend this meeting is less loyal.” This came from his Uncle and Hand, Tyrion. The man was getting older, but he was still very smart. He had save him, but he still could not shake the feeling that it was Tyrion who convinced his brothers to rebel. The man just pushed to hard for their heads.

“I do not believe we need to fear him Lord Tyrion. Should he do anything I’m certain my sister’s husband and my brothers will deal with him just as they dealt with Harbert Baratheon.”

“Thank you for your input Queen Caleigh, but I’m not to certain of your own twin’s loyalties. Did he not just arrest and banish his own Septon?” This was news to him. Nobody had told him of this, though it was in all honesty not crucial information.

f0af0d30-be66-4c12-93c1-ffd7adfdfbdf_zpsbee7cf72.jpg

“Lord Badics is loyal to the crown. He proved that in the recent War of the Trident and Smalljon’s Rebellion.” Leaning towards the Imp only he believed he could hear as she whispered into his Uncle’s ear, “Not as loyal as Gwayne though. Seeing as how you bought his loyalties.” What did that mean?”

“What of Dorne and the Reach? Is it time to reclaim these lands?” he asked in order to steer the conversation away from where it had been going. He could not have his Hand and his Queen at odds.

“My nephew holds Dorne, but I do not yet think it is time. He still has my brother’s heir. With Ellery in Dorne then the Vale will not aid in its capture. Neither do I believe the Westlands nor the Riverlands will move. Until he is able to be moved north out of Dorne I say we wait.”

“Very well. For now we will wait.”

Last edited:
Rockslides and Rapids

A Giant‘s Fall

Terrance Badics
(July 322)​

It felt good leading his men again. This coming battle would be a simple one, but it would ensure House Badics dominion over the Vale. “You control the northern pass to the Eyrie. My son Harrold has the eastern pass. If you can capture Darkmoor from Lord Criston then the last of the three will be controlled by us.” Bryton had told him this before he left Strongsong. It made sense at the time, but each day he could not get out of his head the next thing he had said to him. “We must stop Gwayne. He will destroy all that father has built.” Their little brother was greedy, but he could not imagine that he was trying to bring an end to their father’s legacy.

Looking over his men as they fought, Terrance was able to spot a few key faces in the lines. Ser Alesandar and Ser Umfred fought shoulder to shoulder cutting down man after man who came before them. Those two were nearly unstoppable together. Further to the right was Ser Davos who was becoming a very skilled warrior in his own right. Men followed him now, not because he commanded it, but because they saw a great leader in Davos.

Many men were missing in the lines though. Ser Denys had retired to a small estate after the capture of Grey Glen. Ser Symon was gravely wounded at the Slaughter of the Sept. He was one of the very few who had been hurt of his men. Ser Arstan was now in King’s Landing protecting the King, his sister, and their children. Lastly, Ser Benedar now Lord Benedar, Bryton’s youngest, became the new Lord of The Crown. Of his nephews he was the only on who had any skill in combat and it was odd not to see him here. He was a great help against Royce’s men. He could have used him here today. Bryton though feared for his children and refused to allow them in battle anymore.

a93e77af-65f5-4446-a1fd-03b45ba18996_zps4ca708ff.jpg

Oddly enough Strongsong’s newest Septon was at the battle. He may have been a man of the Seven, but he was still a mighty warrior. Dressed in his mail, swinging his great hammer he reminded him of tales from his father of King Robert.

Making his way back to the lines he fought alongside this man for a time. The battle was going well and they would no doubt win it within the hour. House Badics controlled all the center of the Vale and could muster more men then all of the rest of the Vale combined. No minor Lord would be able to stand against them. At least not alone.

Feeling a pinch in his throat he thought he could hear a man scream. Next thing he knew he was on the ground and everything had gone dark to him. When his vision finally returned he saw Davos was holding him and yelling. “You can not die. You save me, I will save you. Hold on. Just hold on.” It was only there for a second and then it too was gone. He was back in the darkness. The darkness soon enveloped everything that was him.

That was until an old woman was suddenly standing before him in the darkness. In her hands she held a lantern and said, “I will show you the way. Follow me son of battle. Giant of the Heart.”

42439529-2160-43fa-8ca9-97f0d5eda848_zpsef3265bc.jpg

Last edited:
Rockslides and Rapids

Guests at a Feast

Benedar Badics
(January 323)​

The celebration was coming to an end. Not from lack of joy, but because the majority of the guests had fallen asleep from the drink. He was not one to drink often, even at his own wedding feast he only had a few glasses of win. His wife on the other hand at both had drank until she had fallen where she sat. When the men carried her to their bedding she had not woken. The deed was done nevertheless. As she snored quietly on the table he looked for the few still awake.

Davos Storm was off in a corner mumbling to himself. He only just arrived, but the man was already full of drink. He was drunk more often then not now that his Uncle Terrance was dead. He was the one who tried to save him after the spear went through his throat at the Battle of Burning Hearth. Father did not care though. He wanted to execute the man for his failure. In the end he was ordered never to be seen by him again. Most days Davos lived in Heart’s Home teaching Eon, Terrance’s son and new Lord of Heart’s Home, all that he knew. He probably would not have come to the feat if Eon had not come himself.

His brother Harrold and his wife were talking quietly to the bride’s grandfather, Donnel. Her father was currently asleep atop one of the other guests. When he stood and began walking towards the three, Ser Donnel moved on to another area. “What were you conspiring dear brother?”

The three sons of Bryton all received something different from their father. He was a master of the sword and understood the ways of battle. Harrold is said to have received the brains. While Ballabar only got the title through marriage. He was the youngest of the three, but he still considered himself the luckiest in the group.

“We were just talking of the future of Eastweald.” As they looked at one another he could not help but think that the two of them could not be anymore different. He was dark of skin and hair. Thin as a blade and as strong as one. Harrold here looked more like their father with his golden hair and light skin. He was also rather plump, so maybe a fat version of father.

“Do you find it odd that father married women of the Houses of grandfather’s enemies? First Jonella Royce and now Lyra Waynwood.” To this Harrold gave his plump smile and walked away. Did he know something that he did not?

Rockslides and Rapids

Changes in the Vale

Lyra Waynwood
(December 323)​

There were only three men left in the melee. Her husband who was three times her age still fought on with his father’s sword which at one time belonged to her own House. It still felt odd to call the man her husband. He was so much older then her, but he was so beautiful. The scar and all. Ever since the Tourney at Runestone she had loved him. He was so regal looking. So beautiful. She had wanted to give him children and now soon she would.

Sitting beside her was her grandfather who asked, “Do you believe your husband will be victorious?”

“I’m certain of it. He is so graceful as he moves. Nobody can stand against him.”

To this he smiled but said nothing. Instead he looked to the man at his right. “And what is your opinion Lord Harrold?”

“My father is a skilled fighter. However, so is my brother. He will be a great challenge to overcome, Lord Donnel.” Lord Donnel. It was still hard to believe. She was not sure how, but somehow her grandfather had become the new Lord of Eastweald. That meant her father would succeed him and then she would succeed him.

“Who is the other knight? I do not recognize the sigil on his shield.”

It was Harrold who answered even though the question was directed at her grandfather. “He is probably some hedge knight or he is disgraced. A white cloud with lightning on black is not a shield I know of either.”

As she watched the mystery knight and her husband came face to face. She did not understand the ways of arms, but it was obvious her husband was the more skilled. They moved in a circle moving in and out. Each time they pulled away the mysterious knight moved slower while here husband was not struck. It would come to an end soon.

Suddenly her husband struck out. The blade moved towards the man’s helmet, but with it only inches away the blade diverted upwards. Benedar had knocked the blade away from its target. Using Bryton’s momentum against him the mysterious knight smashed her husband in the head with the end of his sword and Bryton was on the ground.

“No. It is not fair.” Looking over to her grandfather she said, “Benedar cheated. Bryton should have won today.”

“Benedar was still in the match. It was not cheating.”

“Yes it was. Benedar shouldn’t be the winner.”

“He isn’t. If you had paid attention to the match then you would have seen the other knight disarm Benedar.”

Looking down at the field Lyra saw Benedar helping his father up. “Where is the other knight?”

“The man mounted and rode off.”

“What do you mean he rode off? What of the prize? Does he not want his gold?”

Once again Harrold interrupted a question directed at her grandfather. “I doubt we will be seeing him again. He probably just wanted to practice his skills against the Badics’ family. I wonder if he is not one of Lord Wydman’s knights. He will now return and tell the man that he bested the best the Vale can offer. He will try to convince him in continuing his foolish rebellion.”

Rockslides and Rapids

New Maester

Maester Harlan
(March 325)​

“It has been confirmed Lord. Lord Hardryn has indeed captured Ironoaks. Lord Donnel is said to have gotten away, but your wife’s sister were less lucky. It appears that both Lady Gretchel and Lady Carolei are now held in Old Anchor’s dungeon.”

“We will have to do something about that. My father is the one who had returned him to his keep. I will make the man pay for turning against his Lord.” He had only arrived at Strongsong at the beginning of the year, but it was obvious this would be a difficult post. Lord Badics was a man of action just as his teach had warned him. “In your opinion do you believe Lord Wydman will use this as an opportunity to rebel again? When Lady Barbara is finally returned I want the Vale to be strong.”

“Podrick Wydman is defeated and his son Petyr is still to young for war. They are no threat.”

“How is Alyssa?”

“She is strong Lord Badics. With your wife’s father’s death she will one day be Lady of Eastweald. That is so long as Lord Donnel can defeat Lord Hardryn.”

Bryton rested his hand on his sword. “Then we better make sure he doesn’t lose.” He would have to write a letter to his teacher and tell him he was right about Lord Bryton.

Last edited:
Rockslides and Rapids

Shorter by a Head

Hardryn Melcolm
(July 325)​

How dare that man make such a demand. “You return to your Lord and tell him that I will not give up my prisoners to him. These two women and Ironoaks are now mine. My war is with Donnel Waynwood. It is not with House Badics.”

The man before him though a knight was so badly hurt from an old injury he had to hold himself up with a staff. “I have sworn to my Lord to not return without his wife’s sisters. You will return them and end your war or else he will be forced to intervene.”

The man was a cripple and in his castle yet he dared to speak to him in such a matter. The knight had been there when Paul Badics had taken him from the sky cells and returned him to his keep. Unsure what to do he looked over to one of his advisors. “What do you think Alexandyr? What is your opinion of Lord Badics and Ser Symond’s offer?”

To this the man simply approached the crippled knight. In a blur his sword was out and then back in it’s sheath. Toppling forward the cripple’s head rolled from his lifeless body. “I say we return the man’s knight with one of the girls. The other can stay.”

dc3ba263-9f22-4f67-96ad-7f5975dcf068_zps53513676.jpg

65a6d96c-a2ba-46a3-8729-7712939b4996_zpsf548151e.jpg

Last edited:
Rockslides and Rapids

Deja Vu

Donnel Waynwood
(January 326)​

As he rode out of the city gates Donnel could not help but remember the last time the city was lifted from siege. At that time he was simply the second son of Lady Anya. With an elder brother and nieces and nephews it appeared he would never account for much. He was no great warrior. However, that day he met one. The man had destroyed their enemies and freed their city from siege. This time though the city had fallen and he had been forced to hide from those who occupied it. But with word of the man’s son approaching they fled the city and he came out of hiding.

There he was, his savior and husband to his grandchild. This man and his family save him years ago. They saved him again today. Most importantly it was this man’s son who convinced him in naming himself Lord. “Welcome to Ironoaks Lord Bryton. You are truly your father’s son. Just like him you have saved Ironoaks from it’s enemies.”

As he said this the man began to smile. “Thank you for the kind words Lord Donnel. I am pleased to have been of assistance. Soon we will see the defeat of Lord Melcolm and young Lady Carolei set free.”

“Nothing could make me happier.” Looking down at the man’s sword he said, ‘I still remember when your father had taken the blade from Ser Wallace. The man was never the same. Then here all those years ago your father gave him a smile which scarred Wallace when he retook the city. The man never slept again until his final sleep five days later. Such a pity. I always like Ser Wallace.” Giving pause he looked down at the thousands of men making camp before his city. “What will you do now?”

“Now we will march east and capture Old Anchor.”

Rockslides and Rapids

To the Wall

Edmure Tully
(April 326)​

He knew he was bound to serve at the Wall until his final days, but he could not help but smiling. It was so nice to have the sun on his face. For ten long years he had spent his days in darkness. He could see nothing, but he could hear the rats as they moved about him. For the longest time he could hear a woman screaming about her being loyal. That had gone on for quite some time. Maybe months or even years. It was so hard to tell. Nobody knows the time or what day it is in the darkness.

The important thing though was that he was now free. His eldest, Tristan, was now Lord of the Riverlands and he was riding north. They were to many to stay at the inn ahead, but Harrold, who some said was once a Septon of the Vale, said he was going to learn some news. Normally they only sent one wandering crow on these pickups, but this group had a total of three men. Their leader was Jon Umber who was teaching Septon Harrold and Criston Moore the way of their new tasks.

While the men waited for Harrold’s return some slept, ate, or talked. He simply sat there in the sun. Letting it wash over him.

“He’s returning,” said Jon Umber when Harrold was finally spotted on the road. Opening his eyes he was surprised to see the man rushing quickly towards him. Something must have happened. But what?

“Smalljon, the Riverlands are in revolt. When Lord Tristan informed his Lords that he would not take the title of King and would support King Orys they swore to see him dead. The Lords Blackwood, Mallister, Piper, Hagg, Wayn, Darry, and Kanet are all leading their men against Riverrun. Only Lord Bracken is supporting Riverrun of all the man’s subjects.”

“That is probably because Lord Blackwood is on the rebel side. If Lord Bracken joined the rebels first then the Blackwoods would aid the Tullys. Isn’t that right Edmure?” asked Criston Moore.

“I have no doubt about it. Though I must ask, is my son’s only aid truly the Brackens?”

To this Harrold grumbled, “He is helped by the Unholy one of the Vale.”

“Unholy one?”

This question got a laugh from Jon Umber. “Bryton Badics. You see Harrold was once the Septon of Strongsong. That is until Lord Badics learned of his Septon’s five bastards.” All of them were here because of Bryton Badics. And his son’s only hope was this same man. A man who was once his own prisoner.

b114d23e-b663-4063-8c90-f3f7686c9a8b_zps0e2492bf.jpg

Last edited:
Rockslides and Rapids

Two men drown

Ser Umfred
(August 326)​

They should have already fought this battle half a year ago. If it wasn’t for Tristan Tully he could have been back home with Alesandar. Instead here he was under his friend’s command fighting a battle against Lord Melcolm. Lord Badics had returned to Strongsong to prepare for the march into the Riverlands. This meant that Davos had rejoined the army in his own name. Instead of hiding from Lord Badics.

This battle was going to be another easy victory at least. Not since the Ambush at Ram’s Ford had he fought at a battle which he could have lost. They just had to many men and the Badics encouraged the most skilled to lead instead of by rank. Well everybody except for Davos. It was not his fault for what happened to Lord Terrance. Nobody grieved that loss more then him.

With this victory the Lord Donnel’s seat as Lord of Eastweald would be secure. It would also free up the army to begin their march west to Darkmoor. Here they were supposed to meet up with Lord Badics who would have the supplies needed for their march against all the Lords of the Riverlands.

Leaving the line Umfred inspected the battle ground. Everywhere their men were pushing back Lord Hardryn’s men, except on the left flank. Here there was a space between the lines as two men faced each other. Leaving his section in Septon Galledon’s command he began riding towards the duel. It appeared to be Ser Davos and Ser Alexandyr Rivers, Lord Malcolm’s greatest knight. The two were quite evenly matched and it was rather enjoyable to watch. He could still remember watching Davos best both Lord Benedar and Lord Bryton.

The two traded blows, but neither of them made much of an impact, thanks to Lord Terrance. He left a small sum of his wealth to Davos after he died so he could properly dress as a knight. This now saved his life. Their blades rang against each other until finally one of them struck perfectly at the elbow joint. Here there was no armor and it cut straight through the man’s arm. As blood poured out of the man’s wound a new challenger raced towards the man who was still standing.

It was Ser Alesandar. He would rescue Davos and kill Rivers. At least that is what he thought. In one quick movement Rivers dropped to a knee and struck out. Once again the man struck where there was no armor. His friend, his fellow knight, his lover was down next to Davos. One had lost an arm, the other a leg.

c3dab9b3-5474-4988-abae-f5aae9eb8f8f_zpsc7fc2faa.jpg

d57df4bc-45b7-4d44-a4b1-cd48db3a8b1c_zps0e3332f5.jpg

In a fit of panic he yelled out, “Archers fire. Take that man down.” But it was to late. Rivers had fallen back into his own line and the battle raged on. They would be victorious but at a great loss.

Last edited: