• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Napoleon attempted to meet King George to discuss the transfer of Ireland, to which the King replied "He will pry these lands from my cold, dead, hands." Napoleon agreed that this was a fair deal, and the invasion of Britain would begin shortly.
The most superb of diplomats, Napoleon was.;)

Despite the flack the Big Blue Blob gets in these forums, I have a soft spot for France. It is good to see the Irish Legion doing it's job in this universe.

January-April 1806

huK8V2J.jpg

After Napoleon returned from the successful occupation of Ireland, he found at his feet the petition that his brother Louis would be King of Holland, to have greater control over the Low Countries. Napoleon thought this a good idea, Louis had proven faithful until now, and it would ostensibly give Napoleon more say in Dutch politics. Louis shortly thereafter ascended to the throne of Holland.

fxq9LaQ.jpg

Russia made peace with Persia, taking lands in the Caucasus, notably Saqqez, which gave them strategic control over the western Asian subcontinent. This freed the Russians to focus on France, although it was unlikely that Russia would mobilize on France with the Germans between.

tXcVed1.jpg

And so, confident in his planning, Napoleon landed in Northern Scotland, and proceeded to siege southwards. The islands were originally a target, though were abandoned when it became feared than troops might be trapped on the islands.

GUk0qx5.jpg

ux2r9m8.jpg

Early February saw Napoleon crowned King or Italy - or rather, the small area of Lombardia that Italy controlled. This displeased Austria, who were upset with increasing French influence in Italy. Scotland was falling quickly to France, though not without its costs. It was unanticipated, the amount of attrition that would face the French in a Highlander winter. Several thousand troops froze to death in the march, but the men pressed on.

In the last days of March, Portugal fell the the Spaniards, and it was taken as a French satellite, giving France indirect control over Lisboa, an extremely strategic port between the North and Mediterranean.

7DHiAP6.jpg

In April, a dispute between Louis and Napoleon about the use of expeditionary forces, and then after Louis proved himself incompetent at protecting Holland, and so he was forced to abdicated to Napoleon. At the same time, the Siege of Edinburgh was underway, the bloodiest battle for the French so far. To take the city, 25k Frenchmen died from attrition and enemy fire. Newcastle was taken shortly thereafter, an extremely strategic port in the British Empire.

The march on England began soon, and though England begged to release Ireland, Napoleon politely declined, remarking "Il n'y a pas aucun homme sur la Terre qui pourrai arreter ce que vous seulement avez débuté", "There is not a man on this Earth who could stop what you alone have set in motion."

Soon Napoleon shall be more than a mere emperor. More like Master of Europe.

1806 May-August

keiXIW8.jpg

The Invasion of Great Britain is progressing at full speed, and the siege of Newcastle takes the third important port in the Isles, following Dublin and Glasgow. Great Britain was losing her stranglehold on the North Sea, and having Spain able to focus on sieging Gibraltar allowed them to take the heavily fortified position.

hJY2G5G.jpg

But the invasion of Britain could not continue with external threats looming over France. Russia was threatening France in a very real way, despite being distanced from the fighting. In mid-June, Napoleon was extremely pleased to receive a peace offer from Russia. Both countries would end war, and would return to a pre-war state. Napoleon accepted with great joy, as this allowed him to bear his full force on Britain, and end the Anglo-French war in a decisive French
victory.

bM96PNm.jpg

bM96PNm.jpg

As it happened, Russia was worried by France's rapid victory over its strongest rival. It had nothing to gain from the war, and nothing to gain from befriending King George III. Tsar Aleksandr I had ambitions in the Caucasus and in Romanian lands, and quickly declared war on the Ottoman Empire.

zHsMB6O.jpg

In July, Denmark was finally overrun by the Swedish, and would suffer harshly. They could not fight a war with a comrade they hated for no gain while their homelands burned. The abandoned France's war effort.

TZxqqzM.jpg

Despite this, France remained on its course, and the French armies marched for London.

This is amazing AAR, such a great storytelling and general-like comments. Keep up this work and show them what skills you've got.

Great stuff. Looks like only a matter of time until the Brits will be forced to recognise French supremacy. Have you thought about what territory you will demand from them?

whats after the war?

Well, France has a lot of Dominance points to attend to. And I would like to ensure I am the only regional power, I'd like to cut down Austria and Prussia, too. Maybe Sweden if I get a chance, they do have Stockholm

Great stuff. Looks like only a matter of time until the Brits will be forced to recognise French supremacy. Have you thought about what territory you will demand from them?

Thanks! Won't be long now. I wanted to dissolve the Empire, and take Ireland and Scotland as satellites, but no such luck. Cores for them don't exist in the game, so I'm forced to take territory, which will mean more wars. I want Dublin, that was the goal from the beginning, and I want to take some British dominance points to weaken their naval strength. I'm definitely taking Gibraltar.

1806 September-Decemeber

CSAzuDi.jpg

In the 20th of September, British forces under General Robert Crawford landed in Belfast, hoping to weaken France's iron grip on Ireland. They were ignored, Napoleon believing that the war would cease before any progress was made.

ewewtkn.jpg

Denmark signed a humiliating treaty with Sweden, which saw the Danes lose Schleswig and parts of Norway.

QJZq7bi.jpg

In November, to aid the war effort, and sensing a period of unrest and opportunity in Europe, Napoleon institued the Grand Imperial Staff. It was of utmost importance that France remain stable, no, steady in such a time of unrest. Only by organizing in rank and file to defend liberty, equality, and brotherhood, could the idea of republicanism live.

QXZy512.jpg

Later that month, Napoleon created the Imperial University, that would seek to create a state-run education system. It would introduce a standardized curriculum for mathematics, French, Greek and Latin literature, biology and physics. This was, of course, the beginning of a very far-reaching public school system that would benefit the scholars of France for centuries to come.

9ztwowQ.jpg

The siege of London ended on Novermber 21st, and a white banner flew above the city's walls.

Z2hHHoQ.jpg

Dover, Norwich, Bristol and Portmouth were the last cities to fall. Norwich fell later that month, and the last three were being worked upon when outrageous news of the Siege of Belfast reached Napoleon. The city had succumbed in only 77 days, shorter than anticipated. An army was sent to Dublin, where the British were advancing, to try and prevent the British from seizing Dublin.

BLl9QDG.jpg

Equal forces met at Dublin, 32k men strong in all, and the French barely pushed back the English. The Brits fled north, and Louis-Nicolas Davout pursued. England had all but fallen, but Napoleon could not allow the British to hold any part of Ireland, lest it prove a strategic disadvantage in the future.

BLl9QDG.jpg

Anyway great AAR, fast to read, and waiting for more.

^^ What he said

Wanting more more MORE!

As much as I LOVE seeing the Big Blue Blob crushed into nothing, its always nice to see a completely blue map

1807 January - April

gEp1TaV.jpg

Reinforcements were landed in Wexford, and were sent to Dublin to break the British siege. Napoleon was confident in the odds, the British were outnumbered more than 4:1.

Bsajvue.jpg

The British were defeated in Dublin, with slight losses, and were routed to Dunboyne, and were there massacred. Belfast was taken shortly thereafter, and the Anglo-French war was over. France had won, occupying all territories but Malta.

Mt5vD5H.jpg

Napoleon accepted an incredible peace, a remarkable victory over the English. Napoleon took the Ireland, as was the intention, and took a strategic band across Scotland to weaken England`s position in the North Sea. France also secured the English Channel, and the only area that English fleets still controlled were the Eastern English coast and the Southern Welsh Bay.

jkLihCt.jpg

The war was over.

mMrFkz7.jpg

4 days later, Napoleon forced his brother Louis to abdicate the Dutch throne for being incompetent and disloyal. Napoleon then incorporated the 9 Dutch departments into the Empire.