• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1000px-Canadian_Duality_Flag.svg.png

Dear Canadians, today as your government has promised to you before we now declare our independence from the crown.

We draft a new constitution for our nation, one which will guarantee that all Canadians will be represented fairly. With this decree we also will establish a Republic with a new head of state and head of government. The title that this head of state will use will now be known as President, and no longer prime minister to represent our movement to self-representation. As we move into this new future we hope that all of our citizens will participate in our first election.

This is a historic event, and you, the Canadian people have made this all possible. I will wait out my remaining term in office until the elections get underway. I am proud of my people and cannot wait to see the wonderous things that we will accomplish in the future.

As part of a short-term foreign policy we will seek to establish ties with the other former commonwealths, we cannot abandon our brothers. We will also try to ease the burden on the British by maintaining our trade relations in this time as we seek our recognition of independence.

God Bless Canada.

Treaty of Newfoundland

Article I. The United Kingdom will recognize the independence of Canada

Article II. Canada and the United Kingdom will maintain trade relations, as both will be stronger with trade.

Article III. Both nations will maintain their respective embassies to facilitate communication.

Article IV. Canada will make no claims on the British Territories of Newfoundland and Labrador.

President Robert Borden of Canada [X]
Prime Minister Robert Cecil of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland []

National Statistics are up and can be accessed here: Link

500px-British_Flag_of_Quebec.svg.png

The Dominion of Quebec

With the announcement of the dissolution of the Union between the Dominion of Canada and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, we announce our own secession from Canada, and petitioned to United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland to accept us as a Dominion in the British Empire. While we do not take this decision lightly, we feel that our ties with London are more important that local Independence.

On the outfitting of the expedition

The Kingdom of Czechoslovakia proudly announces that it purchased an ancient copy of "Tadbīrāt al-Ilāhiyya" (Divine Governance) of the famed Sufi Ibn Arabi for the sum of 142,000 Gold from the one Edmund Allenby, 1st Viscount Allenby. Said copy dates from the year 903 and is richly caligraphed. It got of course no pictures of animals. The symbols encompass flowers and Islamic signs but nothing more which could annoy a true beliefer as this copy is made by a Syrian muslim artist. This book is worth the price we paid and will be a true gift no one has to be ashamed of.

In the name of the Kingdom of Czechoslovakia

Franz Kafka, High Representative

2i7a78w.png

We wish to ask the Quebecois dispatch as to whether they would like to enter diplomatic talks over their status as a Dominion of the Empire. In a move to avoid a situation like the current one in South Africa may we ask the Quebecois delegate as to why they would rather stay in the commonwealth than to join in a government in which all the people would be represented equally, and *included* in the elections? It seems a hasty move to make and slightly contradictory, we wish to open a diplomatic channel as soon as possible.

President Robert Borden of Canada.

OOC: I even chose the flag which is a duality flag of both the French and English speaking pops *facepalm*

Last edited:
500px-British_Flag_of_Quebec.svg.png

The Dominion of Quebec

The Dominion of Quebec, while we shall affirm our ties to neither Ottowa or London are strong - we feel it is in the best of interests of the people of Quebec to remain tied to the safety of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. We do not agree with the hasty decision to separate from the mother country on such a quick notice. There should be no reason for the Commonwealth to disintegrate at this moment.

That being said, Dominionship within the British Empire provides Peace, Security, Economic Stability, and a future with one of the world's strongest countries. The British Empire should not disintegrate because of the actions of South Africa.

500px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

At this time, with the current situation developing in South Africa, I can no longer affix my signature to the Treaty of Windhuk, so long as its clause pertaining to the selling of Rhodesia remains inplace. To prevent war from ravaging the fields of Africa, I hereby recognize the independence of Rhodesia, and grant them admittance to the British Commonwealth as the Dominion of Rhodesia.

As for the Treaty of Newfoundland, I will affix my signature so long as the government of Canada recognizes the independence of Quebec as a Dominion of the British Commonwealth. The United Kingdom will recognize the independence of Canada only if that same right is granted to the French-Canadians who retain their loyalty to the Crown. As such, I hereby recognize the independence of Quebec, and grant them admittance to the British Commonwealth as the Dominion of Quebec.

In order to supplement these two Dominion, and to further strengthen the shattered Commonwealth, I hereby authorize the creation of the Dominion of Egypt-Sudan, as an independent Dominion within the British Commonwealth. It is my sincere hope that these new Dominions will be able to support the United Kingdom and the Crown in times of crisis, now that the former Dominions have abandoned us.

-Robert Cecil, Prime Minister of His Majesty's Government

Letter to the honorable Muhammad al-Jizawi, Grand Imam of al-Azhar

Your Highness,

may you be blessed by wisdom and guided by strength. Though you might never have heard about our tiny Kingdom I hope you will recognize our humble effort to accomentate with the followers of the Prophet. As we are not from the community we ask about your advise to adhere to the right Hadith and to assure that our deeds and actions follow the Scharia to ensure we may not anger God and the one we like to adress. We therefor ask you to help us in contacting a Sulṭān in the right, just and true way. We humbly request your guidiance as we know that you are spring of wisdom and the greatest student and teacher of the law and truth of Koran in the world. We are awaiting your wise and measured awnser in patience and thankful.
As we do not wish to anger you we send you a modest gift of the finest Saffron we could find and hope that you will at least do us the pleasure to enhance your meals with it.

In reconition of your wisdom

The humble Franz Kafka, representative of the Kingdom of Czechoslovakia

2jfyqdc.png

Canada is willing to agree if by counter-agreement Great Britain will allow Quebec of it chooses in the future, to join the States of Canada. Within the constitution will be an open amendment allowing Quebec to join Canada as a state with a highly autonomous rule should it wish to do so.

To the delegate of Quebec, we are saddened by your position to leave after only just achieving the goal of self-rule without the backing of London. And while you say that your ties are not strong with Ottowa we would disagree, we have spent vast amounts of money improving your region and have even approved funding for new universities within Quebec itself. As a sign of our goodwill we will not withdraw that funding and will allow Quebec to continue construction if it wishes.

As a state within Canada you would receive autonomous rule, and a guarantee that your population would receive a voice within our nation. By staying as a dominion however, it is not guaranteed that you'll receive those same privileges. We'd like for you to consider our proposition of statehood, and remember that as your fellow Canadians we will always welcome you.

President Robert Borden of Canada

Last edited:

A Broadcast through RNA

"Once again, I address you, my fellow countrymen, most pleased with the results of our actions in the last year.

First and foremost, thanks to the relentless work carried by the Office of General Auditor we have taken the scourge of corruption and fraud to an all time level. For too long we have seen favoritism and not merit dictate the course of many projects within the Federal Government. I praise that the Congress was able to select, in a non-partisan election, the Deputy for Santa Fe, Mr. Lisandro de la Torre, a man of the upmost moral character and conviction. Under his guidance, we are already feeling the moral betterment of the Administration.

Then I must also commend the inauguration of the new SIAM industrial complex in the great province of Cordoba, that already contributes so much to the national economy, now adding industrial power to their already outstanding agriculture. In the early years of this century, Torcuato Di Tella left his native Italy and settled in this Nation. Like many other immigrants, he had nothing but his bare hands, his skill and the dream of a life free of the tyranny that was already engulfing his native land.

Through many years of hard work he has constructed an industrial corporation that makes part of the very backbone of the National Industry. Giving employment to thousands of workers, from the production lines of SIAM Di Tella come the products of modernity: automobiles, appliances and machinery; all of them are reliable products of the Argentine Industry ready to be exported to the world market. Rememebr that only a few years ago, Mr. Di Tella came to this land escaping the prosecution led by the De Bono Regime; his is truly a story of American success and an example to us all.

Sadly, we must regret the loss of 2 destroyers of our navy, the ARA Hercules and the ARA Parana, lost to a storm while delivering aid our friends in Europe, the Italian Republic and the Kingdom of Spain. While, happily, the war in Italy is concluded and we grant our best wishes to President Bonomi in his reconstruction of the nation, the war in Spain is far from ending, and let the Spanish community in Argentina be assured that this Government will not abandon its commitment to help the cause of democracy in Iberia.

This loss also highlights the necessity of further expansion of our navy. As our international presence becomes more and more important, our commitments towards the rest of the world increase accordingly. We must do our upmost to guarantee the benefits of freedom for ourselves, and posterity, be it inside our borders or be it foreign lands.

Prosperity for all naturally includes the working classes, for whom this party and Government have done so much. Therefore, we cannot stand idle while a legal error is used for profiteering by some relentless capitalist. This is both illegal and immoral and must meet the general condemnation from society. Therefore, it will be one of our priorities for this year to present a new Bill to Congress for the remediation of said error, and the establishment of a fair regime to both our workers and industrialists.

Finally, regarding the ever deteriorating situation within the British Empire, we are following the events unfold with the upmost interest, and are in constant connection with our ambassador in London. As it is common knowledge, the Empire is one of our main trade partners and investors; therefore, such grave events are bound to have a domestic consequence, sooner or later.

I farewell you, radio listeners at home, and wish you well until the next time we meet through the radio waves of RNA, the Republic's broadcaster."

~ President Marcelo T. de Alvear

OOC: This went from Kaiserreich to Shattered world Scenario in 2.5 seconds lol

2i7a78w.jpg

First Draft of the Constitution of Canada

With the institution of this paper Canada will formally bring about a new Federal Republic which will be known as the Federation of Canada or Canadian Federation.

Article I. The territories of Canada will be separated into states that will be run by local governments that follow a Federal government->State government->Municipality->Council outline. The new states of Canada will be Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Columbia, Yukon, Rupert, and Nunavut.

Article II. The office of President will preside over and Executive branch, which will be balanced by both a new Legislative and Judicial branch of government. With both a new Congress building and Supreme Court in which they will respectively reside. Congress will have both a House and Senate of representatives. Elections will be based on a Jefferson method of proportionallity.

Article III. Every state will have elected officials which will present themselves and their people within the government this will be based on population.

Article IV. A 'Decree of Rights' will be instituted where individual liberties are maintained in the pursuit of life, liberty, and prosperity.

Article V. The city of Ottawa will have a district within it which will be seperate from the state and city and hold the infrastructure of government.

Article VI.. To guarantee that the constitution remains a will of the people there will be amendments that may be added once passed through the respective procedures of government. These amendments may alter,modify,create, and disavow articles in the constitution.

Article VII. The first Constitution will be ratified after the states have reviewed and approved the measures within and have voted with a majority.

Signed,
Robert Borden, First President of the Canadian Federation

Amendment I: The Domain of Quebec may join the Federation of Canada if it wishes to do so in the future through referendum. The Domain will receive full-statehood as well as a negotiated autonomous status if the referendum passes in favor of joining.

Last edited:
500px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

We agree to your counter agreement, though the United Kingdom shall do what it can to aid our loyal French-Canadian brothers with their new independence as a loyal Dominion. As such, I do affix my signature to the Treaty of Newfoundland, recognizing the independence of the Canadian Federation.

Treaty of Newfoundland

Prime Minister Robert Cecil of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland [X]

-Robert Cecil, Prime Minister of His Majesty's Government

Radio pressconference on the expedition

Dear members of the press,

we like to inform you that we have secured the right of way through the Republic of Hungary and thank the Republic for giving our expedition the green light.

We were also able to acquire these prized prayer mats from Persia for the modest sum of 149,000 gold. These three mats were made by the royal manufacture near Isfahan and are know as three of the highest quality prayer mats produced last year. Though Persia ahere the way of Shia these mats are made for Sunni believers and do not encompass writings or symbols which might anger a true believer of the Sunna.

We are lacking just two things to finish our preparations for the expedition which will reach its destination later this year.

I have the honor to be Franz Kafka, High Representative of the Kingdom of Czechoslovakia

----------------------------------------------------

Letter to the Honorable Dr. Mehmed Spaho

Honorable Dr. Mehmed Spaho,

though it might be come as a surprise the Kingdom of Czechoslovakia asks you act as her ambassador in a diplomatic mission. As we know you both for fellow Slav and a prominent Muslim you would help us in our quest to bring justice and welfare to all of the world. We have acquired the gifts and asked for the right way to adress a grand representative and ruler of the Muslim world, but to succeed in our goal to make a civil first contact and not to anger the ruler in question we need your help and your help alone to secure safe passage, arrival and departure for our expedition.
Since this is a matter of great importance and delicacy we are not able to unveil all details in this letter and invite you to Prague for a private meeting with the cabinet and queen. As we are asking a great boon we would grant you anything in our power in return as long as it does not violate our neutrality and liberty and citizens.

In the name of the Kingdom of Czechoslovakia

High Representative Franz Kafka

Last edited:
35bz8jq.jpg

Magyars!

It is peace in our time, and Hungary is facing a bright future. Democracy and prosperity are ahead of us. Each entity of 10 000 inhabitants is to send a delegate to Budapest to sit in the Constituent Assembly. The first session will begin the second week of April. The delegates will be nominated by our newly-elected Polgármesters ((Mayors)) and by the local counsels. The debates will be presided by Oszkár Jászi, a man loved all over the country.

We hope to see the new Constitution finished by the end of the year, so as to organize elections in 1922. In the meantime, my government will continue to take care of the state the same way we did the last two years.

General-President Mihály Károlyi

The Collapse of the British Empire

As the old saying went "The Sun Never Sets on the British Empire", the reverse never seemed more obvious as 1921 dawned upon the Earth. In the Americas, The Dominion of Canada split from the British Empire, proclaiming full independence from London, while at the same time, Quebec, administered from Canada, counter-declared their own independence from Canada, and as a loyal member of the Commonwealth, joined the British Empire as a Dominion. While this seemed well enough, to the East of the new Dominion was Newfoundland. Inhabited by British citizens, they were directly administered as a colony, separate from Canada and Quebec. This would soon quickly be revoked, as in British Garrisons were slaughtered, and the local British-imposed Government was forcefully removed. Newfoundland, claiming all of the land currently held by the British in North America, as well as the Maritimes Province, which laid just above New England. These provinces, not wanting to be cut off from Quebec, and at risk of being under threat by the Dominion of Quebec, counter-claimed their own secession from Canada and into Newfoundland. In the course of just a few months, British North America fell apart, right on top of itself.

This laid the groundwork for the Canadian Civil War, which broke out when Canadian Forces attempted to restore order to the Maritimes, and Quebec, working with the United Kingdom, mobalised their soldiers to re-take Quebec. While all were fighting for a different cause or faction, the three sides, Canadian, Newfoundland, and Quebecois/British, all began to have armed operations against themselves, determined to exact their rightful boundaries and settle disputes that seemed to be boiling over. To the South, President Alice Roosevelt issued a statement, declaring that, above all, in all ways possible, the United States will remain neutral in the conflict, but shall not hesitate to strike across the border to defend themselves.

wwi2_l.jpg

Citizens gather in Montreal to support the British Empire.

Even at this stunning upset in British North America, news from the Irish front was much better. The Anglo-Irish Legion, a group of Pro-British Irish Rebels, formed the main White Army opposition in Ireland, helping to link British holdings in Northern Ireland, which was now solidly under British control, and Eastern Ireland, which the British Army was able to put under effective control. The British blockade of the island was proving effective, and a potato blight was effecting the island, helping to lower the amount of food readily available to the IRA. Their communist, central planning of the farms made it even worse, helping to starve both the people and the Army, which was weakening the Irish Rebellion even further. While the British could be close to a victory on this front, trouble loomed in Africa.

The first problem for the Foreign Office was the collapse of the Pro-United Kingdom Government in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. While the King had been a big supporter of the British, a new King, his son, claimed the Throne of Arabia, as well as declared he would make it his life's goal - as well as the goal of the Arabian State, to established at New Caliphate, one that would encompass all of the Muslim World. For now, he was only in Saudi Arabia, and his influence did not escape outside his borders, yet.

To the North, the Island of Cyprus, inhabited by Greeks, broke out against the British Empire, claiming themselves to be the Independent Republic of Cyprus, and were able to muster enough forces to overrun the basses and garrisons, and were even to capture the British Royal Navy in that area, placing them under the control of the Cypriot forces, ready and willing to blast away anything that cross their paths. The leader of the rebellion sent out a message saying that he "Would be open to supporting the Greek Motherland."

Stirrings of revolt were heard in Cairo, Egypt, which the Foreign Office responded by creating the Dominion of Egypt-Sudan, and this was able to quiet the voices of revolt now that Egypt had more autonomy. A British Governor-General was appointed, and a fully democratic elected Government was put in place, with the Egyptians voting for their own Parliament and Prime Minister. While they never thought of themselves as fully British, the Egyptians were grateful for their status of a Dominion, and with an Empire in Turmoil, it was one of the few Loyal Dominions out there.

In West Africa, the two regions of Kamerun and Nigeria, both under control of the British Empire, began stirrings for Independence, or at least to become a Dominion. The Prime Minister, not willing to deal with this much any longer, traveled to Berlin, where the German Emperor, Wilhelm II, requested to meet with King George V, to see what the German Empire could do to help with what seemed like the Collapse of the British Overseas Empire. A deal was reached, and in a much-celebrated treaty, the Treaty of London, British Cameroon was transferred to the German Empire, under the condition that the Germans police Nigeria for the British and keep it inside the British Empire at all costs. This police work was done free of charge, but the territory itself cost the German Treasury, but it was nothing that couldn't be mitigated in the next round of reparations payments.
[-342,255,871 Gold from Germany. +342,255,871 Gold to the United Kingdom. German Kamerun re-established.]

Bundesarchiv_Bild_163-161%2C_Kamerun%2C_Duala%2C_Polizeitruppe.jpg

German Police in Kamerun, ready to strike into Nigeria if needed.

In Southern Africa, the Dominion of Rhodesia inspired a small revolution in British Kenya. While at first they wanted to be a simple Dominion, news across the world of what was happening to the British Empire struck them hard. Soon soldiers were raised, and they murdered the rest of the British Garrison in Kenya, and proclaimed the Republic of Kenya, as a Free and Independent State. Across the world, it seemed the sun was setting on the British Empire. It was up to King George V, who was arguably a very stressed man at this point, to do what had to be done to save the British Empire. No one knew what caused this sudden and drastic collapse of the British Empire, but 1921 would determine, if the British Empire remained a powerful force, or if it would give its last Hurrah, and sink into obscurity.
[-23,250 Regulars from the United Kingdom. -58,520 Colonial Income from the United Kingdom. -35,265 Base Income from the United Kingdom. -5 Cruisers from the United Kingdom. -20 Destroyers from the United Kingdom. -1 Dreadnought from the United Kingdom. -3 Public Opinion from the United Kingdom. -1 Economic Stability from the United Kingdom.]

Orders are due Saturday, February 9th at 11:59 EST, 4:59 GMT, or 3:59 PM AEDT

Flag_of_South_Africa_1928-1994.svg

The Republic of South Africa

What say you now, Prime Minister Cecil? South Africa reached its hand out to you, with the expectation that if this deal was made we would eventually re-enter association with the United Kingdom and her Dominions. Instead, you chose to scorn our hand in support of a few petty corporatists, and now look what your actions have brought down upon you - the virtual disintegration of the British Empire.

If you were to reconsider your decision not to sign the Treaty of Windhoek, then it would not be beyond the realm of possibility that South African soldiers could be deployed to Kenya to reclaim it for the United Kingdom. Until such a time, however, I simply cannot look upon you as anything more than a disgrace to true Britons everywhere.

~Prime Minister Jan Smuts

320px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png

The Republic of Italy is willing to take in and shield the citizens of Malta if it would help relieve some of the burden placed upon the King in Londons shoulders. Though we have our own needs to address we would not be following our ideals well if we did not make an offer of aid to our neighbors if it is within our power to do so. We can join them into the Republic of Italy and together help develop the region better and safeguard the waterways we share. It is the least we can do to help improve global stability and to maintain order in the Mediterranean.

Ivanoe Bonomi ~ President of the Republic of Italy

I am here to announce a declaration of war on the Saudi State. The new king is a danger to the stability of the Middle East. The Turkish Republic is the defender of the Middle East and all the people in it.

-Turkish Ambassador to the Dominion of Egypto-Sudan

Last edited: