• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sadly I don't know yet. I forgot to hard save it and so when I played my other game it got auto saved over. So I have to start all over again from Vhagar being named lord commander.

I played up to September 8050 before having to go to work. I'm really praying this time or works out. I remembered to save it and have written the chapters for these Lord Commanders. So far we are up to three. This time there is a really awesome little story which makes it appear like its actually from the Game of Thrones books.

I hope you enjoy them as well.

As for my previous story which was forced to be deleted. If you wanted to know Bryton became The Lord Commander. Aenys would be forced to abdicate his throne to his sister-wife Aelinor and be banished to Crackclaw Point. Bryton would duel Hawyn Hoarce The Lord Paramount of the Iron Islands at a feast killing him. Then brother Maegar who had claimed the Riverlands led a revolt with the Arryns, Lannisters, Dorne and Reach. Once he took the throne his sister fled north tote Starks who tried to put her back on the throne. Failed. It would not be until three years later when Aelinor had the North, Vale, Westlands and the Tullys who now ruled the Riverlands when she forced Maegar from the throne. He was banished to the Wall and eventually became Lord Commander. The heir was Maegar's son as Aelinor had no children before the game kept crapping out.

Only as the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. I will play until the year 8052(to make sure this time it will let me go past this date) and then I will put up Vhagar and the second Lord Commanders posts.

Monford Crabb,
Lord Commander of the Kingsguard,
Warden of the South

ck2_11_zps04807eff-1_zps520933dd.jpg

ck2_4_zps66108a94-1_zpsbec558c4.jpg

Kingsguard

ck2_6_zps3d5dd6a7-1_zps1018d5bd.jpg
ck2_7_zps10f17aea-1_zps16ba49c5.jpg
ck2_8_zps3a6db6b0-1_zpseea40eba.jpg
ck2_9_zps1c2fe078-1_zpsf827897e.jpg
ck2_10_zps22e838d6-1_zps96098649.jpg

Damon, Caleotte, Andros, Ryon, Tommard

With Vhagar's death the second Kingsguard, Monford Crabb, took up his mantle as their leader. Jon Herston took the open spot in King Aegon's guards, though he would only serve the man for a few months. Aegon the Conqueror had passed away leaving no children to follow him. His younger son Maegor died in a tournament while Aenys was killed during one of the winters after he took over the lands south of the Wall. This left Orys Baratheon his half-brother as the only possible heir. The reign of House Targaryen had come to an abrupt end.

For his years of service and skill in arms as well as his assistance in putting down the revolt of Morgan Massey, Monford was named Warden of the South. The following year Morgan Massey demanded a Trial by Combat where his brother Lother would champion for him. King Orys named Monford as his champion. Though he was becoming an old man Monford was still able to best the younger warrior which brought an end to the Massey line.

A few years later while attending the Tourney of Driftmark, Damon Coldwater was killed by a strong blow to the head. His place would be taken by Arryk Rowan, the son of Maryn Rowan, the former Lord Paramount of the Reach. Shortly after Andros of Horgrasp passed away as well. His place would be taken by Manferd Grell.

45 AL Monford Crabb passed away. With his death only Ryon and Tommard remained of the original seven. Monford only served as Lord Commander for 12 years, but he still served his Kings well. He would be the last Lord Commander before the time of great succession.

ck2_45_zpsc1cd4b9c-1_zpsbc3ae99f.jpg

Rulers he Served

ck2_12_zps2ae8a5b4-1_zpsb7ebcdfd.jpg
ck2_47_zpsb3e3a5fb-1_zpsb26d4dd0.jpg

Men who died in the white under him

ck2_43_zpse25d1e49-1_zps593995fb.jpg
ck2_44_zps9131ee05-1_zpsc8ff26eb.jpg

Damon, Andros

Kingsguard.png

Last edited:
Good to see you are continuing this. Orys inheriting is an interesting turn of events.

Can I recommend you put the names of the characters under their portraits? Would make a better overview of the KG lineup IMO

That better?

Now I'm having a new problem. Sometimes when one of the Lord Commanders die, they keep putting another in charge and then he is stripped of the rank and it is given to somebody else. This causes the game to end.

Crazy a Baratheon on the Iron Throne already lol :)

Sad that its giving you problems like that though...makes me wonder why the mod team if your allowed to play as a Lord Commander didn't make it to where if he's sacked you just become the newly appointed one. I guess maybe that just wouldn't jive with the engine or something.

Hopefully it smooths out though!

I now just save when the Lord Commander dies. If it has that little problem then I can simply reload. If it does it again I play as the King for a month then save and return as the Lord Commander. That seems to work.

Tomorrow I will have another update up. The third lord commander and maybe even the fourth if I have time to write it. Both have pretty short reigns though the third is filled with the 'Great Succession'.

Edit- Each time I read 'Orys Baratheon' then his death date I say to myself Robert died in... Damnit its Orys not Robert.

Good you found a workaround for it again. And yeah Orys Baratheon...or King anybody Baratheon would definitely definitely do the same to me in the game.

Tommard the Tall
Lord Commander of the Kingsguard,
Hand of the King

ck2_53_zps5b3d8f2b-1_zps2243b1ca.jpg

ck2_46_zps19d1bc85-1_zps3b09106c.jpg

Kingsguard

ck2_48_zps95cdac02-1_zps5b83f183.jpg
ck2_49_zps90886bc8-1_zps4fb02d57.jpg
ck2_50_zps22902ddb-1_zpsf9ff16fb.jpg
ck2_51_zps120a0fa3-1_zps75412077.jpg
ck2_52_zps411020f5-1_zpscd54a8b7.jpg

Caleotte, Manfred, Ryon, Arryk, Jon

Tommard of Scrafstone or better known as Tommard the Tall was the third Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. His predecessors were both Wardens but that was not a position he would hold during his lifetime. With Monford's death Edwyle Wyl joined the Kingsguard but would die the following year. Justin Byrch would end up taking Wyl's cloak in the end.

While attending the Tourney of Driftmark Ryon would be killed leaving, Tommard to be the last of the original seven. The King would knight a young squire named Jaime Erenford who had been the one who killed Ryon. Jaime though would not live through the tournament either and his place would be taken by Meribold Cordwayner.

A month after the tourney in 48AL King Orys would die. His son was already dead with no chidren and his daughter was dead as well. She however left behind two boys. The elder of the two Jonnel Magnar was crowned King in his grandfathers place. After yet another dynasty change Rus Greyjoy along with Argilac II Durrendon, grandson of Argilac the Aragont, rose up to put the Greyjoy on the throne.

King Jonnel named Tommard the Hand of the King and he served in King's Landing while the young King went off to war. Though they were the Kingsguard they were ordered to protect the throne instead of him. When the Greyjoy fleet arrived they protected the throne as best they could. Meribald gave his life protecting it, but there had been no real point to it. Jonnel had been captured and Rus Greyjoy was now King. He left the Kingsguard behind in King's Landing but took with him the Iron Throne back to Pyke where his capitol would be.

The following year Ossifer Prester came before the Greyjoy in Pyke demanding the return of the throne to King's Landing as well as the crown. Unable to stand against the might of the Westlands the Greyjoy gave up his position and Ossifer Prester became the fourth King in two years. Though before he lost the throne the Greyjoy was able to convince the other Lords that any man with the drive and ambition could become King. With the defeat of the Greyjoy and death of Jonnel Magnar, his father Byam took up the position of Lord Paramount of the Iron Islands.

With the Presters now ruling the Seven Kingdoms peace only lasted another year before Addam Bracken, Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, claimed the throne for himself. Rus Greyjoy and the High Septon himself both claimed that the Bracken family should be the rightful Kings. This war would go in the King's favor, but the Kingsguard would take no part in it. At the start of the war King Ossifer arrested and executed Manfred Grell since his family sided with the men of the Riverlands. In his place he named Merrell Westbrook.

Both the Greyjoy and Addam were captured and stripped of all lands and titles. Though six months later Addam was released and Desmon Tarly, Lord Paramount of the Reach, tried yet again to put him on the throne. Addam would be slain in battle during the insurrection and Enger Darry would be given command of the Riverlands. Days later Domeric Stark, Desmond Tarly and Donnel Durrendon raised up arms again but this time to put Domeric on the throne. After two years of fighting it appeared Domeric may succeed especially after he gained the support of the Riverlands. In the end Domeric would be captured, stripped of rank and banished.

For ten years Tommard the Tall served as Lord Commander and a member of the guard for fourty-one years. During his time he served 5 Kings and 5 dynasties. As well as fought in four great wars for the throne and many minor rebellions. He will only be remembered by some as the Lord Commander during the days of the Great Succession.

ck2_13_zps0d711111-1_zpsbea5ec1c.jpg

Rulers he Served

ck2_12_zps2ae8a5b4-1_zpsb7ebcdfd.jpg
ck2_55_zps522fb44a-1_zpse2da577a.jpg
ck2_56_zpsd44a67fc-1_zps7e5fa598.jpg
ck2_59_zpsd3c73712-1_zpseedc851a.jpg
ck2_60_zps8bfba9f1-1_zps730a0e7f.jpg

Aegon Targaryen, Orys Baratheon, Jonnel Magnar, Rus Greyjoy, Ossifer Prester

Men who died in the white under him

ck2_54_zpsd8e4b512-1_zpsab5d8b42.jpg
ck2_4_zpsfb44b317-1_zps4d54eed6.jpg
ck2_5_zps135d0837-1_zpse8e8ec33.jpg
ck2_57_zps7d4e771e-1_zpsd8d27c52.jpg
ck2_62_zps1ce722c7-1_zpsfedf9ae2.jpg

Edwyle, Ryon, Jaime, Meribald, Manfred

Kingsguard.png

Last edited:
As you can probably tell Ryon's death picture is actually the same as the other at the top of the post. For some reason that picture did not save. If I ever see his photo come up while clicking around on the White Book in game I'll take a photo of his death picture. It's the exact same though except with the skull. Also Jaime's picture did not save so he is not there either.

Anyways I hope you liked the update. I should have the next post tomorrow. I forgot that today was Sunday and had church this mourning so I did not have time to do both.

Last edited:
Seems Westeros is descending into crazy territory as you go on. A Greyjoy placed upon the throne by the grandson of Argilac the Arrogant, then replaced by a few more minor houses. Curious to see where we'll head next.

The Presters were a minor house until they forced the Lannisters from their seat in the Westlands. Now the Lannisters only control one minor province in northern Reach.

Which reminds me, I may every 100 years make a 'where they are now' thread. I will make a list of all the major houses and what happened to them over the years. If they died out, if they came to power, etc. If there are any certain houses you wish to see on the list please feel free to suggest.

This is so much fun! I love the alternate history and the continuing changes in family on who's on the throne because of marriage and bloodlines! Very GoT, especially with all the wars haha. Seriously, great job! Can't wait for the next update!