• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

400px-US_flag_48_stars.svg.png

The United States of America

The United States of America, having attempted a diplomatic solution to this crisis, one that was amenable to all parties and placed no unfair burden on any power, and been met with the stonewalling of the Chinese Court, insults, and general recalcitrance, hereby honors its commitments to affect the enforcement of the Treaty of Shanghai.

~President Theodore Roosevelt

As we are fighting the autocratic and theocratic Sultanate, we will be unable to meet troop expectations until after the end of our civil war. We will commit troops if the Chinese Action is still happening following the end of the Civil War.

((OOC: Congrats on 100 pages XD))

The Japanse Empire of the East believes that a larger international force is require than the one that is proposed by the Netherlands. Our scouts and spies scattered throughout the Qing Empire suggest that the Empire has numbers close to 2 million, who are mysteriously well armed. We implore the international community that more men be committed to this war, as we fear that the current numbers will not be enough to stem the tide..

Flag_of_South_Africa_1928-1994.svg

The Dominion of South Africa

The Qing court's failure to ratify and otherwise follow through with the provisions of the Treaty of Shanghai cannot possibly be dismissed, especially under such circumstances as this current xenophobic rebellion, and thus, action must be taken into the hands of the international community to make sure the Qing court pays its dues, lest our failure to hold them accountable be made an example for all others to skip out on their obligations.

Therefore, I have found it necessary to authorize soldiers to aid the international effort to crack down on the Qing court, and should Her Majesty's Government find it acceptable, these soldiers will be shipped immediately to Hong Kong to help pacify the insurrection by both the Boxer rebels and the Qing court.

~Prime Minister Louis Botha​

The United States House of Representatives Votes

In what was deemed to be a surprising turn of events, one that not many people could foresee, the Presidential Election was at a complete deadlock. With J. Pierpont Morgan of the Republican Party, Robert M. La Follette of the Progressive Party, and Woodrow Wilson of the Democratic Party all tied, and unable to forge an electoral majority, the United States House of Representatives met to decide the election once again, after the first ballot came back deadlocked. The recent support given to Woodrow Wilson by John D. Rockefeller seemed to jolt the opposition. Representatives from across the Northwest and the West suddenly realized that a Wilson Presidency would harm their ideals. Rockefeller was known as a ruthless man, bent on getting his way by any means necessary. La Follette was a proponent of breaking up Standard Oil, but he also wanted to go after other businesses, most notable being the House of Morgan, which was mostly responsible for holding the economy together.

It was for this reason, that as the House Delegations began to vote, many started to cross the lines, and they cast votes for J. Pierpont Morgan. The results began to flow in, and across the West, with the exception of Washington, they voted for Mr. Morgan. It became clear, after Cuba voted for Morgan, that the Progressive Wing of the Republican Party had come back, and rallied for Morgan. However, just as this vote went through, affirming John Pierpont Morgan would be the next President of the United States of America, the Progressive Party immediately asserted itself as the Third Party in America by pushing for new legislation, one that would amend the Constitution, reforming the electoral college to, instead of a winner takes all scenario, that the overall vote-getter in the state gets 2 electoral votes, while the rest are given out by the winner of that district. This was triumphed by La Follette, who was then named the Senate Minority Leader, up against the newly elected Henry Cabot Lodge. The two would spar, along with the leader of the Democratic Party, Joseph F. Johnston. The bill quickly passed the House, and the Senate. The Progressive Wave across the country, in which a lot of Western and Midwestern states agreed with the premise, passed it. It soon became evident that the 17th Amendment, giving proportional representation to the states for the electoral college, was going to pass some time during the year of 1913. Also in this Amendment, was moving the Presidential Inauguration to January 20th, to try and give the new President a better ability to get to work. Many thought, however, this was a swipe at outgoing President Roosevelt, who, above all, was disliked in Congress, and was losing popularity around the country.

JPMorgan1.jpg

John Pierpont Morgan, the next President of the United States of America.

President Roosevelt announced that he was going to be taking a trip to the American Congo starting on January 20th, to give President-elect Morgan more room to work with. As soon as this was announced, President-elect Morgan, now officially ratified by the United States House of Representatives, gave a small, but stunning speech to both the Houses of Congress, and subsequently, the entire United States of America.

Mr. Speaker, Senators, Representatives, and the Citizens of this Great Country,

The path that has brought us to this, has been hard, and well fought. It is with great responsibility that I accept the burden given to me by the United States House of Representatives. It is one that I have never sought to gain in my life, my business has never been politics. America, however, is currently at a crossroads. I feel it is my duty, my patriotism, my duty, to stand up and accept the mantle of leadership, to bring the United States into a new Era, forged by the Great President Theodore Roosevelt, second to none in the History of American Citizens. I have served my country in times of crisis. Never have I fired a weapon in defense of my nation, but I have used my leverage and control of various industries and financial institutions, what is dubbed the "House of Morgan", to bring the United States out of dire straits many times. Now, It is my time once again to do so.

As of today, I am announcing that J.P. Morgan & Co. is going to begin lending massive amounts of money to the United States Government and various Banks across the United States, in an attempt to spurn the economy forward. No more can we sit in economic stagnation, and watch as our growth shrinks. Over the past few decades, I have invested, and grown, in many industries. I believe that America is still around, and while it will be tough, that America will prevail.

However! I will not sit by idly and watch as the extremes of Morganization are carried out. I will support legislation to give everyone the coveted Square Deal! We shall streamline Government, yes, but no one, not a single person, in the United States of America will be employed under asinine and horrible conditions! As President of the United States of America, I will accept the mantle of the Most Powerful Man in the Country, and maybe even in the entire World with Respect, Dignity, Honor, and a Dedication to the Men and Women that Make America Work! Everyone shall be entitled to the Square Deal! Corporations Beneficial to the Public Good shall stand tall!

With regards to China, I shall not stand by idly as the United States is insulted and the Roosevelt Archipelago is overrun! I shall stop at nothing, NOTHING, to ensure that American honor is restored, and peace will reign in China! Be this a warning to all nations of the world! I will not, and will never, let other nations push this great Nation around!

My fellow Americans, I shall ensure that the path laid out by President Roosevelt is continued! I will continue to lead in this Era! I will make this Century the American Century! We can, we shall, and we must be the hope of this Earth! The United States of America will be the most powerful nation to ever grace the face of this Planet!

The Free State of Turkey congratulates the United States on another successful election, and hopes that President Elect Morgan will bring greater freedoms and riches to the world

The Argentine Republic hereby congratulates Mr. Morgan and through him, the United State's people for the election and rexolution of such worrying crisis. We wish the new President a succesfull period; and may he be able to keep up to his statement that the United States shall be the hope of the Earth. In this troubled modern era, there is never sufficient hope.

Regarding other foreign events, we would like to recognize and welcome the state of Armenia into the concert of nations; while we hope that peace can finally be achieved in the Middle East.

In the case of the Chinese Debacle, we support the intervention of a international force to finally end the instability caused by the Boxer rebbels. Regardless whether there is an involvement of the Qing Court or not, their actions have only worsened the present Crisis. We hold no ill will against the Asians, in fact, we hold that the Japanese Empire is the model China should follow if it ever wishes to join the modern nations of the world.

Flag_of_South_Africa_1928-1994.svg

The Dominion of South Africa

I would like to extend a hand of congratulations to President-Elect Morgan for his assumption of the American presidency. I have worked with him before, albeit not as a fellow national leader but rather as an entrepreneur, and his actions have been a boon to the South African economy. Now, as the President of the United States, I have no doubt that we can continue to work together for the betterment of both our nations, as well as for the betterment of the world at large. President Morgan, I believe, will be just as magnificent a leader as President Roosevelt, if not more so.

I look forward to working with President Morgan, now that we are both equal representatives of our peoples. God bless South Africa, and God bless the United States of America.

~Prime Minister Louis Botha​

The Empire of Brazil is Fully Mobilizing.

In light that the only declaration made thusfar by the Brazilian Empire is their mobilization and the situation of Uruguay and Paraguay hasn't been addressed, we hereby announce that we are Fully Mobilizing our armed forces as well. Furthermore, we hereby offer a full military alliance to both our neighbors. If I have to choose between peace and righteousness, I choose righteousness.

Accordingly, we state that the Empire is breaching the terms of both the Treaty of Brest and the ABC Pact and therefore must be expelled from both organizations. If the Empire of Brazil pursues a course of war, we will formally call our allies to join Us in this most noble fight, to remove a madwoman from power. We make it clear, this is a fight that all freedom loving men of the world must join, for freedom and democracy shall prevail over tyranny and oppression.

It brings me great sadness to be speaking here today. Across the world, it appears demagogues are setting the fragile peace alight, who's flames will burn bright, and who's heat shall be felt for this long night. The mad Qing Emperor, a raving, blithering imbecile, sets his lackeys upon innocents in the Far East. The so-called Indochinese Union slaughters its people to quell dissent, a people who cry out for the safety and prosperity of French guidance. We can stand for his Oriental injustices no longer, people of France. Our bonds as a nation are weak as of yet, but we must strive to bring ourselves together, to remain strong and unified, and keep solidarity with our brethren in America, our brethren in Britain, our brethren across the world whole. We must put our past behind us, and strive for a better world, a world where we need not fear absolute tyrants with the power to murder thousands of innocents. We must stand together, now and for eternity.

In these terrible days, light has not only been extinguished in the towering structures of the Middle Kingdom, but in the New World as well. It appears there is something not quite right in the Brazillian water supply, and Empress Isabella has been afflicted with the same sickness that besets the mad-dog Chinese tyrant. Her threats against Argentina and moves to annex Uruguay were already inexcusable, but now she shows her true face and mobilizing the brave Brazilian people. I implore the citizens of Brazil to resist this fool's adventure, and stay at your homes, tend your land and care for your families. You need not fight for an Empress detached from reality.

It is with the utmost regret that inform the Brazilian people of Brazil's immediate expulsion from the Atlantic Defense and Economic Network. Until Empress Isabella recovers her mental health or a more suitable custodian of Brazil ascends the throne, we cannot welcome you back into the alliance.

Turkish election will begin once Instanbul is retaken from the Sultanate forces

The end of deadlock existing in the House of Representatives concerning the election of nation's next president marks a step forward for our nation, reinforcing the idea that our nation will continue to grow, and continue to be great. I believe that Mr. Morgan will lead our nation to continued greatness and growth.

On the current crises around the world, we will act to pull the world with us on our march forward.

~President Theodore Roosevelt

OOC: sorry is so short, phone IC :(

The Republic of Chile will honour any call to arms by Argentina; on that note, the Chilean Armed Forces are will be mobilizing. We furthermore ask the Argentine government for permission to dock our ships in their harbours. The Chilean Government also offers alliances to Paraguay and Uruguay.

We implore Brazil to back down; we need not have war.

-Pedro Montt Montt, President of Chile

The Kingdom of Italy condemns the stupidity of Brazil and if requested by our South American allies we will not hesitate to involve ourselves.

~ Victor Emmanuel III, by the Grace of God and the Will of the Nation, King of Italy

Last edited:
I would like to congratulate the people of the United States on another successful election that has taken place, spreading further the democracy that that nation strives so positively to endure and spread throughout this world. I would also like to congratulate Mr. Morgan on his successful campaign, and I wish him well in the coming years of his presidency.

I would also find it prudent to condemn the actions of Empress Isabella of Brazil who embodies the character of aggression and arrogance. Relations between the countries of Spain and Brazil shall be thenceforward strained due to the unjust actions of the Brazilian monarch.

~ His Royal Majesty Alfonso XIII, King of Spain, President of the Royal Spanish Parliament

OOC: Phone IC as well. Storm knocked out power for quite a few days. It'll hopefully be back by around Saturday or Sunday if I'm lucky.

The Republic of Paraguay hereby announces Full Mobilization of its armed forces, matching that of Brazil as well as Uruguay, Argentina, and Chile. The armed forces of both nations have also been placed on high alert along the Brazilian border. Uruguay and Paraguay also send formal messages to Chile and Argentina accepting their offers for military alliance, and call upon Brazil to explain their unexpected mobilization. Should it become necessary, Uruguay also offers its ports, including the capital of Montevideo, to Argentine and Chilean naval forces as operational staging bases until the crisis is resolved.

We are glad that so many numerous friends from across the globe have answered our call to face the threat posed by the Brazilian Empress. We know well that it is not the desire of the people to embark into such pointless adventure, which goes a decade of efforts to cement peace in the region. Therefore, we ask them to rise and make themselves heard, before it is too late and our hand is forced into the most pointless war this continent has seen.

Paraguay and Uruguay are welcome into our alliance with the fellow Republic of Chile. Our ports are yours and we will provide what is needed to make certain the success of the eventual operations.

People of the Eastern Empire of Japan, our fateful day that has been approaching has finally arrived. The Qing Empire with all of their backstabbing ways and backhanded tactics, have ignored the Treaty of Shanghai, which was their last chance to avoid their utter destruction. They have brought this upon themselves, calling upon the Boxers to rise up against their rightful rulers, violating the multiple treaties they have signed with foreign powers, pillaging as they went. It is evidenced by the unified response to this sudden threat that the Qing Empire is clearly in the wrong, and shall be heavily punished for doing so.

Unfortunately, these vile Boxers fell upon our helpless citizens like rabid dogs, raping our women, murdering our men in their sleep, and selling their children into slavery. The reports coming in from Manchuria describe widespread destruction, with entire towns being reduced to nothing but smoldering piles of rubble and mass graves. In response to this grave news, the Japanse Empire of the East calls for the FULL MOBILIZATION of the Imperial Armed forces, to defeat the disgusting Chinese Hordes that try and pry from our hands what is rightfully ours.

This is why I call upon you, the Japanese people, to rise up in the defense of our new empire. Get out of your seats and show the dogs what the Japanese Empire of the East is made out of!