• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It has been a tense night. The future of America has hung in the balance. Now America has decided. You have chosen stability over collapse, liberty above repression, wisdom rather than foolishness. For this I thank you. I thank you, America, from the bottom of my heart.

Had the weighing scales of destiny been loaded slightly differently, America would have faced four years of anguish and terror. The world would have been catapulted into turmoil. People on every continent would have suffered no end. The fall of our great nation would have come soon after. Thankfully this has not transpired, and it is thanks to the American people. You have voted against tyranny. You have rejected autocracy.

This election was a curiosity. Extremists have caused the union of two polar political parties; a feat not achieved since the days of Cameron. We remain two parties, but we are united in fear of the destructive forces of Fascism that will tear our Union apart. The Union ticket is more than a union of parties; it is a union to save the Union, and that is what we will do.

News is reaching me that the Fascists are forming a government as I speak. This is not just Treason; it is rebellion. The Fascists will not accept that the American people have spoken and they, you, have rejected the Fascists. They are intent on destroying the Union and our way of life. They are intent on causing civil war. This government will not allow such rebellion. The Union must be preserved, for the good of the American people, liberty and democracy the world over. This government will stand in the way of all attempts to seize power through force. This government will protect the Union.

President-Elect McCahill outside the Progressive party headquarters in Washington DC the morning after the election

So, the monarchs of our nation have conned the people and snapped this election from the grip of honesty and our victory. In but a few years we fascists have gone from nothing to this, showing that fascist blood flows through America's veins. And it is I who've had the honour of awakening this fascist spirit, it is I who have the privilege and duty of leading the United Fascist Party to victory now. For we shall no longer be exploited, we shall no longer accept this sham of democracy that has halted proper political discourse in this country! We shall no longer tolerate the injustice the politicians serve unto us! And thus with our heads held high, with our uniforms of black, with our guns in our hands, and screaming our warcry of fascism is the future, we shall purge this nation of the scum that spits upon the stars and stripes.

Fascism rises today!

The United Fascist Party has established a provisional government, with me at its head, efficiency will be at its core and thus power shall be focused in myself and the Grand Council of Fascism (if they choose to join):
Charles L. Longstrum
Robert Piersson
Marinus van Mayer
((LeeroyJenkins character, whom I've forgotten the name of))

After the successful conclusion of the emergency democracy under the fascist system shall be restored.
((Thomas Boulevard, and I accept! :). ))

I announce my nominations for the offices of state for my new administration, in the hope that all will be willing and able to serve their country at this, its time of dearest need:

President: Dr Kevin JJ McCahill
Vice-President: Mr Constant Blancharde

Secretary of State: Mr Michael Sullivan
Secretary of the Interior: Mr Adlai Carlsson
Secretary of the Treasury: Mr John F Harrison
Secretary of Defence: General Richard A. Jarvis III
Secretary of Labor and Public Works: Mr Patrick Ryan
Secretary of Education: Mr Robert Horshington
Attorney General: Mr John Sharp

Although I have supported the Fascist position in this election, I am relieved to see it finally over. Although I fear his foreign policy is not strong enough, and I intensely dislike his interventionist stance in government affairs, President McCahill is the legally elected leader of our great country. Perhaps in another four years, we will have some different candidates.

Mississippi declares it's nuetrality in this conflict. As a home of old-school conservatism, we shall use our National Guard and militia to protect ourselves from incursions by either the Fascists or the Unionists. Any Southern States or other States who wish to join this Anti-Radicalism League announce it now to protect your people from the threats of both Red and Black! We will not support a Red government, but niether will we assist the equal evil of the Fascists.

((Goes to his desk and silently prepares himself for the interchangeable and inevitable Fascist or Unionist bullet that whill come my way))

((I Smell a situation similar to 1922 Italy coming on))

I vote Blancharde on the union ticket

I call up the US Army to its highest level of readiness in order to defeat the Fascist militias. I order the immediate arrest of all members of the Fascist council on the charge of Treason. I am declaring a state of emergency in the nation and suspending Habeas Corpus. The United States will not be intimidated by these traitorous thugs. The people have spoken and elected Sen. McCahill President.

President Ryan

((this is from PM))
Mikeboy said:
The Union government desires to end segregation and further crush the rights of the South, the fascists have said that they shall not intervene in the issue, and could in future offer the prospect of Southern autonomy. Thus I humbly ask you reconsider your declaration of neutrality and join the fascist cause.

((I may post this in the AAR, together with your request if thats ok with you))

A Letter to the Honourable Mr. Milton-Spencer,

80 years ago, my forefathers and those of my Southern brethren fought against overarching government control in a brutal and fruitless war of independence. 80 years before that both of our forefathers did the same against a foriegn power. I have declared my nuetrality because I cannot endorse any tryanny of the majority, no matter how beneficial to myself, and live with my consience. Fascism in other countries has always endorsed a "Vertical of Power" with all authority being derived from the central authority. I have the utmost confidence that initially the south may be granted some form of autonomy by the Fascists, but I also have the utmost confidence that with time said autonomy will be revoked once the rest of the country has been secured by your particular variety of political militia. As I have made clear, however, I cannot support a unionist government either. While I am not exceedingly pro-segregation myself I believe it's end at this premature hour would cause chaos and economic misfortune throughout my beloved South. Furthermore I cannot endorse the excess of unions, as they impede the efficiency of production in the long run and limit the ability of employers to fire truly underpreforming employees. I try my best not to corner myself into any political label, but for the purposes of this letter I am anti-radical and pro-Southern. however, one is not enough to satisfy the other, so no matter what bribes or benifits are dangled in front of the South I believe many if not most of my people will recognize you as a Wolf feeding the sheep only so he can eat them later.

That said, and this is adressed to all radicals, I will not actively attack your movements. Mississippi intents to defend itself from radicals, but will not conduct any military operations of an offensive nature. It is my clear hope that part or all of the South will follow suit in this and spare ourselves from the destruction that your factions are about to wreak upon one another. However, in the event that only Mississippi joins I will not be discouraged. I will await the eventual Fascist bullet (The Fascist Modus Operandi for dissenters) for being unwilling to greet the end of democracy with thunderous applause, or the eventual unionist club for being unwilling to engage in social revolution. Truly all you will do is create a Martyr for a diverse group of people. Moderates, Southern Nationalists, Old-School Conservatives, and Moderate liberals will see the executions of myself and those few brave enough to stand with me as evidence of your brutality and restore democracy to this country. To all radicals I say, you may build a throne of Bayonets, but you cannot sit upon it for very long. By maintaining your power, you are only wounding yourselves.

So, back to just you, Mr. Milton-Spencer; as a freedom loving American, as a devoted Conservative, as a Southern Nationalist, and as a believer in moderation and Compromise I say no a million times to your request. And if asked again, at gun-point or otherwise, I shall say no a million times more. Your Fascists may defile the rest of the country, the unionists may wreak havoc in the cities, but you shall not sieze a willing Mississippi with your ever-growing greed.

With all due respect,
Representative William F. Stewart of Mississippi

Now as a united front we will take down the fascists! Americans, politicians, armies, Southerners and Northerners join together to defeat the fascists! The vile enemy of America! For freedom, liberty, and justice!

- Vice-President Constant Blancharde

Indeed, I share the sentiments of my VP; though it is indeed the policy of the Progressive, and I believe the Republican party, to oppose segregation and discrimination in all its forms, the priority at this time is stability, unity and the aversion of a re-entry to recession. The Union ticket never mentioned an opposition to segregation and, in the interests of unity, does not propose to take any governmental action against the practise. We stand for the preservation of the Union, not the provocation of southern nationalists.

To find out what happened to Fitz, and to get a taste of what's coming, check his character page [post=13401650]here.[/post]

Joseph Henry Harrison​

joeharrison.jpg

Lieutenant Colonel Joseph Harrison
Photograph taken on June 13th 1928 in honor of promotion to Lieutenant Colonel

Date of Birth: July 27th 1903

Positions Held:
Lieutenant, US Army (1924)
Captain, US Army (1924-1927)
Major, US Army (1927-1928)
Lieutenant Colonel, US Army (1928-1932)
Colonel, US Army (1932-1936)
Brigadier General, US Army (1936-1937)
Major General, US Army (1937-45)
Commander, NATO Germany: American-Zone (1945-48)
Second-in-Command, NATO Europe (1948-50)

Spouse(s):
Helena Harrison (née Nilsson, m. 1926)
helenaharrison.jpg

Helena Harrison (b. 1906)
Photograph taken during promotion of Modern Times (Columbia Pictures 1934)​

Biography:

Joseph Harrison was born to John F. Harrison and Josephine Harrison-Young on the 27th of July 1903. As a young boy, while he listened to his father's political and economic anecdotes, the War in Peru and the Great War captured his attention like nothing else. Thus he applied for West Point in 1921, spurred on by stories his grandfather had told him of the Civil War; stories he later found out James Harrison had severely bowdlerized to prevent traumatizing his grandson with the details of the nations bloodiest war. At West Point, Joseph put his intelligence and his father's anecdotes to good use, majoring in economics and international relations. Graduating in 1924, he became becoming 1st Lieutenant straight out of college due to the shortage caused by the anti-war climate of the 1920s.

A year into his career, Joseph met his future wife, Helena Nilsson, on a balcony at the Hotel Ritz while attending a dinner held in celebration of his promotion to Captain. Nilsson was at the beginning of a career in acting that would span decades, including the Academy Award for Best Actress for her role as Charlotte Hemmings the 1932 movie adaptation of Mary Jameson's Central Park. The couple married six months later in April 1926. Meanwhile, Joseph continued his steady rise through the ranks as retirements and lack of recruits allowed an unusual pace of promotion for peacetime. By the time the Great Depression hit, Joseph had already risen to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. In 1932, he was promoted to the position of Colonel, and placed in command of the United States 1st Ranger Regiment, created by the Depression-era push in Army Command for smaller, better-trained elite units to minimize costs.

In 1936, Joseph was promoted to Brigadier General, in order to avoid having to change the 1st Rangers' commander when the unit was expanded to include the 2nd Ranger Regiment. The US Ranger Brigade was simultaneously transferred from Camp Callahan near Buffalo, NY, to Camp Williams next to Gettysburg, PA. It was here that Joseph Harrison and his unit stayed during the events leading up to the Grand Coup.

During the Coup, the 1st Ranger Division, reorganized as such at the onset of the Coup and brought to full numbers in the years afterwards, fought on the northern flank of Fascist lines. It was upon hearing of his father's death on March 6th, the day he was officially promoted to Major General, Joseph's opinion on Fascism was "hardened as on no other subject. My convictions were now clear to me." It was this righteous anger with which Joseph commanded his Division during the assault on DC, coming within inches of disobeying orders by turning his Division toward the White House, Milton-Spencer's suspected hideout.

Receiving the news of Milton-Spencer's death from a Ranger 2nd Lieutenant, Joseph apparently said nothing more than "the bastard's done then." It was this seemingly cold and hard attitude that Joseph would adopt for the remainder of the great conflagration that was the Depression and Second World War. During the war, Joseph successfully led the 1st Rangers through numerous campaigns, in the Mediterranean and through France and Germany. His command of the Division, especially in situations where the 1st Rangers were out-manned on a long front, earned him the recognition necessary for the new Commander of NATO Europe, General Curtis Armstrong, to appoint him as commander of the American-occupied zone.

In his three years as commander, Harrison helped plan and oversee such events as the Berlin Airlift and the creation of West Germany. In the latter event, as commander of the occupied zone, he was the last to sign, and one of the two foreign signatories to the constitution, along with British-Zone Commander Alan Partridge. Their signatures officially handed the occupied zone over to the new Federal Republic, and there is now a statue in on Berlin's Kurfurstendamm of Harrison, German President Hans Adenauer and Commander Partridge.

After the end of his tenure as Commander of the occupied-zone, Harrison was promoted to NATO Europe's Second-in-Command, living for two years in London before resigning his post and moving back to New York on the request of his wife and two children, 17-year old Caroline and 15-year old Robert. He had been living apart from them almost full-time during the war, and half-time in the last five years. For this reason, Joseph, at age 39, decided to take the next few years off before seeking new employment.

Last edited:
((Maryland National Guard? "...along with Constant Blancharde and Patrick Ryan."? Yikes!))

I order the federalization of the Mississippi National Guard. Neutrality in this standoff between the United States and the Fascist traitors is not an option.

President Ryan
To put it in an exceedingly terse manner,

Mississippi Refuses to comply with your request. We will stay neutral while you all destroy each other.

-Representative William F. Stewart of Mississippi

((Maryland National Guard? "...along with Constant Blancharde and Patrick Ryan."? Yikes!))

I told you this was going to get ugly.

P.S. The update will be coming Tuesday or Wednesday depending on how quickly I get my short essay on the OTL French Revolution of 1848 done.

To put it in an exceedingly terse manner,

Mississippi Refuses to comply with your request. We will stay neutral while you all destroy each other.

-Representative William F. Stewart of Mississippi

Mr Stewart

I'm afraid that Mississippi cannot remain neutral; all states are members of the United States of America and all states are affected by the repercussions that civil unrest will cause. It will no doubt become the accepted view here, in Washington, that all states that refuse to cooperate with the Federal government to preserve the Union are rebelling against us. There is a simple choice; the preservation of the union or anarchy. All states must make that choice. Those who refuse to choose will bring anarchy. Those who refuse to choose are actively contributing to the dissolution of the Union. Anarchy or the Union; Mississippi must choose.

President-Elect McCahill

Mr Stewart

I'm afraid that Mississippi cannot remain neutral; all states are members of the United States of America and all states are affected by the repercussions that civil unrest will cause. It will no doubt become the accepted view here, in Washington, that all states that refuse to cooperate with the Federal government to preserve the Union are rebelling against us. There is a simple choice; the preservation of the union or anarchy. All states must make that choice. Those who refuse to choose will bring anarchy. Those who refuse to choose are actively contributing to the dissolution of the Union. Anarchy or the Union; Mississippi must choose.

President-Elect McCahill
President-Elect McCahill,

I respectfully disagree. Mississippi will, unless a radical change in the national situation is affected, on the sidelines. We will co-operate with whomever wins this conflict for the sake of avoiding needless destruction. However, I wold like to speak to you in private (via PM)

William F. Stewart

With Fascism running at its height in American Politics, Robert Piersson wins the Governorship of Texas, in the same poles which saw the robbery of the Fascist cause by the National Union ticket. How much power Piersson can utilize is up in the air, but all power he can will be driven towards the Fascist cause.

I, Robert Piersson, gladly join with the true President Elect Milton on this issue. The Fascists are the true winners of this years election.