• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think that moving the game to North America is a good choise. Having the same cities as in CiM1 will be boring for me. There's a limit to how many times I can play Berlin, at I exceeded it while playing the campaign.
What annoyed me in this article is:
Expect to see it later this year on the PC.
Later this year? Really? Did he even listen to what the devs were saying? The official announcement clearliy says Q2 2013.

I think the guy has no clue.
That is very true: the title of the article is "Cities in Motion 2: Good News for People Who Hate Buses." That in my mind implies that there will be no buses in the game, which would be insane as buses are the largest part of almost any transit system, with the only exceptions in the real world being BART and commuter rail.
Back to the game, I wonder if your transit system will be publicly owned (recieving monthly subsidies and not just for the first few months) instead of being pretty much a private system. I also wonder what vehicle models will be included.
Finally, although this is just a thought from me and probably not true, I wonder if Paradox is taking a long time to build London so that it can be included in Cities in Motion 2 instead.

Yes, the title of the article doesn't make too much sense to me, especially considering that in CIM2 (probably) buses will play a bigger role.

I'd like the possibility to play as a state owned company (you get money from the government, but if you don't cover the whole city you get penalized, you have a limited amount of vehicles you can choose from, for example only vehicles produced in your country and stuff like that), or a private company (no government money, you can do whatever you want with the fares etc...)

With this title: "...who hate buses" the author only wants to imply that CiM 2 will allow you to make a better network than the one you have in your city. He just start the article saying that everybody have ideas on how the system could be better, so its for those who hate their public transportation system.

And making money is a big part of every tycoon type game, so receiving government subside will make it a little boring. Subsides should come as they come in CiM 1, when you are in debt.

Hope the performance issues will be resolved there. The new unity engine sounds capable enough. :)

Also VERY happy to see that there will be only modern vehicles there. No need to carry the burden of old ones barely capable of transporting 20+ passengers at the same time.

Well, I don't know if I should be happy with Unity as Engine, if we are unlucky this may mean we won't be able to create new content anymore.

Loading a CIM1 Map won't be easy task, needs importer, so I doubt we will see one...

I don't know where people got the information that CiM2 is going to be North America-centred; the only place I've seen it written was that crappy GameSpot article, so I wouldn't put my money on that statement. I do hope we get cities from both Europe and the Americas, as much as I hope the game will still be as moddable as CiM was.

Well besides being able to mod, which is extremely important, I get excited more and more when the articles come out. The game seems to be a lot better.

From: http://www.allaboutgames.co.uk/previews/PCMac/Cities+in+Motion+2/123/

"The game looked a lot prettier than its predecessor which was in part due to the more advanced camera controls that let you zoom right into the heart of the city or pull completely out for an overview."

"The singleplayer sandbox we were shown was huge, many times bigger than previous maps, almost to the point where you can have multiple cities in one map and not even get close to anyone else."

"for example, being able to build bus lanes (something that wasn't previously possible and was a critical piece of fan feedback)."

"The editor will also return, a much loved feature from the original but it will be more advanced and easier to use."

"such as gameplay features like bus depots (where buses spawn rather than just appearing on your route) and changes to the traffic simulation (such as adding traffic lights)."

"raise all ticket prices or just those on a particular route."

Really WOW! Colossal Order really heard every single feedback and they implemented a lot in CiM 2! :D Outstanding!

Last edited:
Well besides being able to mod, which is extremely important, I get excited more and more when the articles come out. The game seems to be a lot better.

"The game looked a lot prettier than its predecessor which was in part due to the more advanced camera controls that let you zoom right into the heart of the city or pull completely out for an overview."

"The singleplayer sandbox we were shown was huge, many times bigger than previous maps, almost to the point where you can have multiple cities in one map and not even get close to anyone else."

"for example, being able to build bus lanes (something that wasn't previously possible and was a critical piece of fan feedback)."

"The editor will also return, a much loved feature from the original but it will be more advanced and easier to use."

"such as gameplay features like bus depots (where buses spawn rather than just appearing on your route) and changes to the traffic simulation (such as adding traffic lights)."

Really WOW! Colossal Order really heard every single feedback and they implemented a lot in CiM 2! :D Outstanding!
Yes. I'm really exited and I hope them will not makes us wait too long for more updates on CiM2.
I love the depot feature. I hope that goes for trams, metros and all the other transportation modes as well.

That was a really good article and the new features sound great since the day and night cycles will make the game a good challenge plus with the addition of rush hours that's a really good idea too.

The addition of timetables for your routes will be great. So no more worries of buses bunching up on the same routes or metro trains blocking tunnels due to congestion on the roads and rail network.

At least your bus and Metro services will depart when you want them to and not just when they feel like it. :happy:

Being able to give prices to individual routes will really be good since on some high frequency bus routes that serve housing estates you can make a profit by charging low fares but sadly that then gives your passengers free travel on the rest of your bus network when in reality if they want to use more than one bus you would want them to either pay for each ride or just buy an all day ticket.

I know it’s early to ask but I wonder what the system requirements will be for CIM2?

So a big thank you is due to the team at Colossal Order for all their hard work and to the fans for all their suggestions and for supporting the game.

I’m looking forward to hearing more about the CIM2 as the developers work on it.

This sounds... amazing.

Hello guys:)!

It’s with great pleasure that I learned by going on the Wiki of CIM, that a new version was planned for the second half of 2013, wich included all that I guess almost of the players has been waiting for a very long time: day / night cycles and the management of peak / off-peak hours in urban transport:)! ... Although I still have a little doubt:this management concern only buses, or any other transport networks (metro, tram ...):huh:?

Concerning our suggestions, I read that this week Komartsu would open a sub-forum who is dedicated to, and I hope very strongly that most of our proposals will be taken to raise the level of realism of the game, and remove intolerable inconsistencies that could be addressed in CIM1:mad:! ... But we must keep in a corner of our minds that all of our dreams will not be achievable, if only because of the limited capacity of our PC or even the understanding wish of the development team to give us a game exploitable faster, even that there is botched things:glare: .... But to this I answer, it is better that the creators no hurry, they make us the most realistic and irreplaceable game in this category, we are ready to wait the time it takes:)! ...

I read a number of quite interesting suggestions on the forum: I live in Paris, and I think our transit system is still pretty much meshed with bus, tram (recently built) and metros. What was not my surprise to see that in the city of Paris, there was no French transport vehicle included in the game (without add-ons):mad:! ... I was shocked:eek:! .. . Anyway, I'd have some suggestions to submit here, starting with the maps of cities:

1) Cities of the game

For each real city of an country the game is supposed to represent, the scenarios should remain open for the period from 1900 to the present day, faithfully reproducing her historical development, including times of war she will have known (especially in Europe), which could be a challenge for CEO of transport companies who will have to manage the restrictions and periods of curfew imposed by the invader.
We will able to choose only one city from a wide range, where we will build and manage the transport network for over a century. And I completely agree with "Cartographer29", that building sites are like in the realty to take the time to be completed.

2) Cities of the map editor

Map editor for other cities imagined by virtual players should:

a) Pre-setting a standard simulation period from 1900 to 2020;

b) Allow players to freely locate different areas of the city and even to the formation of ground by the beginning of the simulation, these areas are likely to turn out of control of the player with the random historical evolution of his city;

c) Allow players to define the proportion of companies from different economic sectors in the city in the beginning of the simulation;

d) Permit all related infrastructure works to the evolution of the transport network, however conditioned by the approval of the Municipality with which it is sometimes necessary to negotiate;

e) Allow the gamer to choose the origin of the vehicles wich appears in the streets of the city of the player (French, German, English, American), with the emergence of new models every 10/15 years;

f) Allow the player to create suburban cities of different sizes, complementary to the main city, specialized in economic activities or dormitory towns, and connect them with lines of commuter trains;

g) Establish a random evolution of the local education system which will provide a major proportion of one type of labor each 30 years, affecting the demand for work, and conditioning the evolution of the global economy of the city and different social classes, and their need for housing, consumption and leisure;

h) Establish a random weather taking fundamentally account of the geography of the city, but also a mix of other phenomena over a short period (hail associated with rain, snow and ice, dog-days followed by very violent downpour ...) likely to influence the movement of the citizens (especially on Saturdays and Sundays for leisure or purchases), and disrupting the flow of transport vehicles sometimes leading to an interruption of traffic;

i) Obviously, maintain cycles days / nights and managing peak in transport, with more realism and if it’s possible to simulate short days in the winter (December-May) and long days in the summer (June to September).

See you soon, and hesitate to comment this post;)!!

This is indeed very insightful post.

I like every single new feature so far, especially day and night cycle, advanced traffic controls (street light, bus lanes and perhaps single tram tracks?) and list goes on and on...

Way to go CO. :D

A short list of what i would like to see:
1. diagonal or rotatable stations
2. more tracks in a single station, one example (extreme one): in level 1 two tracks and in level 2 another track and three in level 3, so stations can be built by user
3. Upgrading stations while lines are opened (add tracks in other levels)
4. combined water bus stations and heliports, for example, one station for two waterbuses at the same time
5. maybe Stockholm with possibility of rebuilding Tunnelbana as one of the first maps, malmö-copenhagen or the ruhrgebiet or Halle-Leipzig
6. best maps of CiM 1 again in CiM 2
7. Something like more than one city on the same map, examples: german ruhrgebiet, Malmö-Copenhagen
8. longer distance railway for 7.
9. maybe car ferries for 7.
10. length of trains defined by the user (like metro trains containing 2,3,4 or 5 parts)
11. normal railway staions can be integrated into metro network
12. timetable
13. certain fares for other lines

Last edited:
I would like to see the good editor of cards, where will be both playgrounds and sports platforms / football, volleyball tennis basketball / not to use various fashions and a beacon building where in port and ocean liners with yachts available in all regions if they there will be also different types of trees, besides already available, still it would be desirable any old fortress, arches, towers, walls or ruins, buildings of circus, a museum, schools, kindergartens. road service station or autostation building

I was really happy when CIM1 came out. It was the first game with real transport lines... I used to play Railroad Tycoon 2 before.
But as I see CIM1 have some problems that make the gameplay not realistic enough to me... and here's a list of what I would like to have in 2nd part:

1. single-track rails... for both trams and metro
it feels really stupid when u want to make a circle line and still have to build double-track rails...

2. single-track rails should be properly connected to double-track rails (unlike Railroad Tycoon 2) OR... all the rails should be single-track only... for instance if I want a double-track line, I'd put two single-tracks side by side.

3. A possibility to put ANY single tram track on ANY lane of the road. Not just along the edges (like on 4-lane road in CIM 1).

4. Tracks should be bendy as well as the roads on the video.

5. No U-turns only! There are two-way trams in the game!
You could also add a possibility of making reversing wyes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wye_(rail)
and maybe even some turntables http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railway_turntable

Well, if there were single-tracks only there would be no such problem, because a player would be able to create any possible turns.

6. And of course trams should be either two-way trams or one-way trams... So one-way tram requires a U-turn.

7. How about a possibility of making trains out of single cars... Depend on needs, a player would be able to add some cars to a tram train... or a metro train...
OR just be able to connect several trams from depot into one big train.

8. Real-size depot. A player should make a depot by adding tracks... So the bigger the number of trams/buses the bigger the depot... so in case of big number of trams more tracks in depot are required.

9. No resetting when making any changes to line...
(In the original game all vehicles are reset each time when add new stop or making any other changes... So this way I always have to correct intervals by placing all the vehicle into depot and then back to line again... that's annoying!)

a. THERE SHOULD be ONE-WAY roads and TWO-WAY roads or even LANES!!! So the player would have a possibility to set each LANE's direction!!! (that'd be awsome!!!:))))
b. TRAM tracks and Metro tracks should have the possibility to set direction as well.
(Well... it is the problem of double-track rail system only...: when a train in CIM1 automatically chooses on which (left or right) track to go. So the player can't control it :wacko: )

11. Bigger MAPS! I mean ANY size of map, depend on player needs.. SO then one should be able to make own city as big as it should be.

Thanx for your game. You're doing a great job!
Best wishes!:eek:o