• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I vote No on the Espionage Act. I not only believe that it could be easily abused, but I also believe it has the potential to seriously harm diplomatic relations with other nations.

I vote no to the Anti-Espionage Act. In addition, I would like to propose my own bill:

Veteran Scholarship Act
Preface: The purpose of this act is to provide our veterans with the skills they need to pursue a life outside the military.

A scholarship program is to be created and operated by the German Federal government, which will be funded based on subscriptions to the program, and will be made available for all former members of the German military whom are of or under 35 years of age.

I support this scholarship act; it seems very sound and well thought out, and, when it comes to a vote, I'll vote for its passage.

However, this Espionage Bill is too far reaching and could damage our international relations, especially in these tense times.

I vote Yes on the Veteran Scholarship Act.

YES on the Veterans Scholarship Act, although like the Chancellor has said, I think we should keep the bills on the floor limited to 2 or 3.

Berlin Times
26 October 1914 - Reichstag Member Otto von Schmit hit by Train!

BERLIN - A sad event in Berlin today, as a Social Democratic Reichstag member, Otto von Schmit, was hit by the local morning train. He was supposedly paying too much attention to reading his newspaper, and fell off the platform just as the daily train arrive to bring him and the other passengers into the heart of Berlin. He was pronounced dead almost immediately as he was crushed underneath the train's many cars. He was a hard-working man, who always did his best to block the passage of Government Bills in the Reichstag, famously voting No on bills that were not even called to the floor for debate. He represented Essen in Western Germany, and a special election has been set up to succeed him. One declared Candidate, for the National Liberal Party is the famous Gustav Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach of Krupp Industries. Not many know of his chances, but a man like Krupp in the Government would be an interesting turn of events for the Reichstag Government.

I vote Yes on the Veteran Scholarship Act and No on the Espionage Act. Additionally, as plurality of the votes cast have been against the espionage bill, I will table it and propose the Higher Education Act of 1914.

The Higher Education Act of 1914
Noting the need to further develop our nation's intellectually abilities and better train the people who will lead our nation,

Believing that we should aid those of outstanding merit,

The program will start with 11,500,000 RM in funding to increase by the same amount each year until it reaches 34,500,000 RM.

This money will be allotted into the following scholarships, which may be renewed:

5,000 1,000 RM (5M), 2,500 1,500 RM (3.75M), 1,250 2,000 RM (2.5M)

I vote Yes on this peace of legislation.

I will allow the bill to be proposed by Albert Schongauer (nachopontmercy) be voted on. After that I will close the floor until voting is completed on this round of legislation.

Last edited:
I support this latest bill, as well.

Name: Gustav Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach
Background: Married into the famous Krupp Family, he was chosen, almost hand-picked, by the Kaiser to marry Bertha Krupp, the owner of Krupp Industries after her father committed suicide. He currently controls Krupp Industries and won election into the Reichstag in a special election after the death of an SPD member. In the National Liberals, Krupp wishes to hark back to the days of the great Chancellor Bismarck, and seeks to expand his influence with a Government Position, and to ensure that no harm befalls his Corporate Empire, which currently runs the most profitable colony in the world in German Kamerun. He also owns other large parts of German Afrika, sold to him by the Reichstag Government. He comes to the Reichstag with a reactionary message, but also one that is sure to stir up some trouble.

I, Gustav Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach, vote YES on the The Higher Education Act of 1914.

OOC: Dear God.

IC:

I vote NO on the High Education Act. We have simply spent enough this legislative session, and this is not urgent enough to spend more on.

Also, Chancellor, what about the GAFP bill, proposed by my fellow party member? This legislative session is coming to a close, and it would be most unfair and unwise to not even allow it be voted upon either of the 2 times it has been proposed so far.

For the recent Reich's Infrastructure Bill of 1914, I shall personally pledge, of my own money, 4,000,000 Reichmarks for the improvement of the nation's railways. To support the backbone of Germany, the Farmers, I will offer 1,000,000 Reichmarks for the improvement of infrastructure from farms to major Railway Junctions or a major Road. I will also pledge the full 5,000,000 Reichmarks into helping the nation's communication systems.

- Gustav Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach
Reichstag Member, and Owner of Friedrich Krupp AG

I would like to welcome Gustav Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach to the Reichstag, may you find this body to be a productive servant of the people of Germany. Additionally, I would like to thank him for his generous pledge to further develop our nation.

In response to Graf Robert Von Urlich questions, I believe the Higher Education act will have many far ranging benefits for our nation. It will aid in the cementing of Germany's Position as a leading intellectual center and will provide a skilled workforce for our nation. I will also provide for avenue for personal advancement of those of the highest merit. Additionally, this is an expenditure that will pay for itself over time.

On the GAFP bill, it was voting on during the last session and failed, and was introduced again in contravention of the rules of the Reichstag. Without an orderly proceedings nothing can be done in this forum. Thus, I ask your patience, the floor will be opened shortly.

Additionally, on the three pending bills voting thus far is as follows:

The Berlin-Basra Railway Act: 167 Ayes, 0 Nays, and 229 yet to vote
The Veteran Scholarship Act: 180 Ayes, 0 Nays, and 216 yet to vote
The Higher Education Act of 1914: 144 Ayes, 13 Nays and 239 yet to vote

~Chancellor Reinhart von und zzu Birkenfeld

OOC: As a courtesy could players please add their names and parties to their signatures, or sign their ICs with them? It would help, thanks.

I would like to question Herr Graf Robert Von Urlich about his position on the High Education Act and that GAFP bill, if you are so much concerned with the money we are spending, why do you support the GAFP bill instead of the High Education Act? It is clear that the bill proposed by Herr Manfred Von Drachenstien has far larger costs for a smaller benefit.

- Artur Friedrich von Essen, Minister of Justice

"I vote YES to all three bills."

~ Minister Friedrich von Weiss
Naval Minsitry

I hereby announce the Berlin-Basra Railway Act has passed with 202 votes for, 0 against, and 194 abstains (no votes). I will sign this bill and send it to the Kaiser so that it may be enacted.

Pending legislation:

The Veteran Scholarship Act: 193 Ayes, 0 Nays, and 216 yet to vote
The Higher Education Act of 1914: 157 Ayes, 13 Nays and 239 yet to vote

~Chancellor Reinhart von und zu Birkenfeld

Last edited: