• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it possible to raise levies across a single kingdom? I'm currently King of Hungary and Denmark. I want to quickly raise the armies of Hungary but leave Denmark alone. Is this possible?

Thanks

Well, you can raise all levies, then select all the levies in denmark and disband them. Bit of a workaround, but I don't think it carries any penalties with your vassals.

Oh another question: I want to nominate my granddaughter as my successor (the only more-than-mediocre dynasty member I could find, so -10 modifier be damned) but she is not on the electorate list. Is there any way to nominate her anyway?

How can I know if someone's children will inherit his claims or not? More often than not I spend a good while looking for someone with a strong claim on a territory I want and marry him or her to one of my offspring only for the child to have no visible claim when born

How can I know if someone's children will inherit his claims or not? More often than not I spend a good while looking for someone with a strong claim on a territory I want and marry him or her to one of my offspring only for the child to have no visible claim when born

It should state in big red letters below the claim if the claim is not inherited.

Huh. Some of my vassals are having a private fight to depose one of my duchesses within my kingdom, despite having medium crown authority. How is this possible?

Because They are Rebelling against their Local Lord. Just like When a Duke Or Duchess Revolts against you. Only these counts Have decided that they would rather take their chances under your Direct rule then your duchesses Direct rule.

Because They are Rebelling against their Local Lord. Just like When a Duke Or Duchess Revolts against you. Only these counts Have decided that they would rather take their chances under your Direct rule then your duchesses Direct rule.

Probably wise. She's an arbitrary paranoid lunatic heretic.

I have an elective monarchy but only me and the bastard Genoan duke in Mallorca ever vote for anyone despite the duchies of Murcia, Granada and Cordoba existing.

Which also brings me back to nominating my granddaughter, I've stopped playing until I'm sure it's impossible. My syphilitic king has cheated death for an almost unreasonable amount of time by now.

I am HRE (so I have an empire title) and my second son (who will not inherit) is betrothed to the queen or Rus. If I give him a county, and his child inherits Rus and the county, will Rus become a vassal of mine or will the county leave the HRE to Rus?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why can't I change laws? I'm not getting enough votes, and after doing some searching, it seems that for someone to vote in support of the change, they need to have a favorable opinion of you (at least 30 points, I heard). However, all of the opponents against the new law have a good opinion of me. http://i.imgur.com/ARImd.jpg

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why can't I change laws? I'm not getting enough votes, and after doing some searching, it seems that for someone to vote in support of the change, they need to have a favorable opinion of you (at least 30 points, I heard). However, all of the opponents against the new law have a good opinion of me. http://i.imgur.com/ARImd.jpg

Sometimes you just need to wait a bit; give it a few days and I'm sure it'll pass.

Oh another question: I want to nominate my granddaughter as my successor (the only more-than-mediocre dynasty member I could find, so -10 modifier be damned) but she is not on the electorate list. Is there any way to nominate her anyway?
My assumption would be that you can only nominate her if there is not a single eligible male noble anywhere in your kingdom - unless you have absolute cognatic inheritance.