• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do I find out what Techs and or types of units a country has? Crucial to making a War Decision.
On the diplomacy page where you can see their number of units, I think click the nation, then diplomacy, then show wars tab. Hover over the number of brigades and it will tell you how many army techs they have. Not exactly which though, for that you need to load as them.

I'm so sorry, I got to around page 10 before I gave up looking for my answer.

I'm playing as Hawaii in my first ever game of Victoria II and after annexing Brunei, Johore and South Vietnam I keep getting randomly annexed by France. I'm not in its sphere of influence and they haven't declared war on me, all I know is around 1890 there's a game over screen with 'Annexed'. I'm only assuming it's France because just before I see that screen my provinces turn a nice shade of blue. What can I do to stop this happening?

If it helps, I've discovered that the US influence on Hawaii rises incredibly high (last I checked it was around 80 and rising) so it could be the US annexing me. If that is the case then how do I stop the US?

... This question could be a thread, couldn't it? Hmph.

Oh, oh, and while we're at it, is there a way of acquiring a casus belli or do they appear at random? Waiting for infamy to go down takes so very long...

Last edited:
I'm so sorry, I got to around page 10 before I gave up looking for my answer.

I'm playing as Hawaii in my first ever game of Victoria II and after annexing Brunei, Johore and South Vietnam I keep getting randomly annexed by France. I'm not in its sphere of influence and they haven't declared war on me, all I know is around 1890 there's a game over screen with 'Annexed'. I'm only assuming it's France because just before I see that screen my provinces turn a nice shade of blue. What can I do to stop this happening?

If it helps, I've discovered that the US influence on Hawaii rises incredibly high (last I checked it was around 80 and rising) so it could be the US annexing me. If that is the case then how do I stop the US?

... This question could be a thread, couldn't it? Hmph.

Oh, oh, and while we're at it, is there a way of acquiring a casus belli or do they appear at random? Waiting for infamy to go down takes so very long...

Have you patched your game? Its the US that does this, France does a similar thing to Madagascar, but they had ai only conditions added to stop this happening to players.

If you don't want to patch your game, the line that needs to be in there (find the annex hawaii decision in the ACW file in the decisions folder) is
HAW = { ai = yes }

Have you patched your game? Its the US that does this, France does a similar thing to Madagascar, but they had ai only conditions added to stop this happening to players.

If you don't want to patch your game, the line that needs to be in there (find the annex hawaii decision in the ACW file in the decisions folder) is
HAW = { ai = yes }

You sexy man, I thought I'd installed the patch but it turns out I was wrong. Hopefully I won't have to come back. Thanks so much!

Questions of the Day:How do I get Aeroplane,Auto, electrical gear, Fuel Factorys in US? The capitalists just keep building the same crappy factories.There are no projects to invest in anymore.I can build those factories in my sphere. The year is 1896 and I have the techs. My ruling party is interventionist.(Democrats)

I fight a war every 5 years with Ottomans over some Egyptian Land, Getting tired of just white peacing out.Should I just add war goals and enforce upon victory?

Questions of the Day:How do I get Aeroplane,Auto, electrical gear, Fuel Factorys in US?
Use national focuses "Encourage XXX industry". Then cancel (tick X immediately when it starts building after being funded) until they start a project which you like.
It might take several tries - often they insist on building crap even if you suggest otherwise. This is because encouragement only adds something like +10% bonus to that option being selected. (you need the usual: available space for a factory, capitalists and some unemployed craftsmen for this to happen - capis most likely have no problems with money at this time of the game, unlike at the start of industrializing)

I usually immediately forfeit cores to Ottomans on behalf of Egypt. They would lose anyway - and be more susceptible to rebellions without an army. They also only manage one war goal this way instead of taking more of the Levant at once.
That is almost like what happened in reality. British led GP's propped up Ottos. Egyptians were already stopped short at Egyptian–Ottoman War (1831–1833). Half a decade later Syria was lost.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian–Ottoman_War_(1831–1833)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Turko-Egyptian_War

Last edited:
In the production tab it's said how much my farmers/artesans/craftmen produce. When I put the mouse on the icons, it tells me how much it is sold in domestic and in export. Why do the numbers don't match? I thought that putting all together the domestic sold goods with the exported goods should have as a result the production number. I guess I'm wrong...what do those numbers refer to?

I understand that the number of the addition of domestic sold and exported is smaller than the production number, as it can be that I don't sell all my good... but why it is sometimes bigger? How can I sell more products than I produce?:confused:

I know it will sound like a noob question but I am playing as Sweden and Sardinia-Piedmont just defaulted on my debt. How do I use gunboat diplomacy? (I have AHD)

Thanks in advance!

hello i whant to start an AAR but i havent got aclue on how to get images into it because it seems you cant copy and paste the images in, thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

hello i whant to start an AAR but i havent got aclue on how to get images into it because it seems you cant copy and paste the images in, thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Take your pictures, using f11, Print Screen or cmd-shift-3. Use a photo editing program if you need to (putting them into .jpg is recommended to save on space). Then use a service such as photobucket or imageshack to upload them on the web. Copy the code required (photobucket: "IMG code", imageshack: "Forum Code") into a document somewhere. Write the words, then copy the whole thing and post it on the forum.

Take your pictures, using f11, Print Screen or cmd-shift-3. Use a photo editing program if you need to (putting them into .jpg is recommended to save on space). Then use a service such as photobucket or imageshack to upload them on the web. Copy the code required (photobucket: "IMG code", imageshack: "Forum Code") into a document somewhere. Write the words, then copy the whole thing and post it on the forum.

im trying this now and its just saying its loading but seriously why couldent thi site allow the good old fashion copy and paste. trying this on imageshack

EDIT never mind ive fixed it.

Last edited:
im trying this now and its just saying its loading but seriously why couldent thi site allow the good old fashion copy and paste. trying this on imageshack

EDIT never mind ive fixed it.

Your picture must be on the internet for other people to view it (otherwise, when you turned it off, nobody could see them). You can also upload them to the forum itself as attachments, but that can take quite a long time.

Hey guys. Playing Germany and it's time to hit Poland. Upon trying to send my navy to the waters outside their single port, I discover I can't move my Navy at all. None of it. Anywhere. Even right outside their port. I checked, and it says my fleets need to travel 6000 or so kilometers to get like two provinces away. They don't even have enough range to leave port. Obviously this must be a bug... so what do I do?

Hey guys. Playing Germany and it's time to hit Poland. Upon trying to send my navy to the waters outside their single port, I discover I can't move my Navy at all. None of it. Anywhere. Even right outside their port. I checked, and it says my fleets need to travel 6000 or so kilometers to get like two provinces away. They don't even have enough range to leave port. Obviously this must be a bug... so what do I do?
Are you sure you're in the correct forum? Sounds like a HOI question.