• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cool so far. I don't know enough about the event system to know how to get an event like the Belgrade pact to work. There's so much variables and stuff with the other nations.

This AAR inspired me to try a KR Ottoman game myself, and once I beat Egypt and the rest of the Arabian block, which was very exciting and tense, I found it kind of bland. I mean after that, the Ottomans only have the Jewish settlers event chain. It'd be nice if they have their own version of the Belgrade Pact event chain to work on, like the Istanbul pact or something, that would change depending on what the Belgrade Pact nations did. That might be a good idea to suggest in the KR forum.

There are more event chains related to the Ottoman Empire though they all depend on other nations decisions. For example the Belgrade Pact after beating Bulgaria can gang up on the Ottomans, or if the Greeks refuse to join the pact, the Serbians can invite the Ottomans instead. Also if I remember correctly if the Germans start loosing the war there is a event for them to reform the Central powers and invite the old members against the Syndies which of course includes the turks.
I got unlucky in this game because none of those events fired, not even the jewish one since National France decided to keep them.

Anyway I think I found a way to form the Belgrade Pact, I just hope they manage to beat Bulgaria so I can fight them, I would prefer to avoid fighting an old ally

Last edited:
There are more event chains related to the Ottoman Empire though they all depend on other nations decisions. For example the Belgrade Pact after beating Bulgaria can gang up on the Ottomans, or if the Greeks refuse to join the pact, the Serbians can invite the Ottomans instead. Also if I remember correctly if the Germans start loosing the war there is a event for them to reform the Central powers and invite the old members against the Syndies which of course includes the turks.
I got unlucky in this game because none of those events fired, not even the jewish one since National France decided to keep them.

Anyway I think I found a way to form the Belgrade Pact I just hope they manage to beat Bulgaria so I can fight them, I would prefer to avoid fighting an old ally
Yeah, I know those all exist, but they rely on other nations to fire them up. The Ottomans themselves can't do shit unless they get really lucky, like with the Serbia event chain, which as you said, only happens if the Greeks refuse, not if the Romanians sign up. Or the Serbs might be puppeted by the Austrians. It's the only real problem with Kaiserreich, that a lot of things that can affect you and your nation are out of your hands.

Oh the Jewish event still fires, a different one at least. It happens around 41/42, you can have Jews come into Palestine for a bonus to infrastructure and some dissent. Unless your version doesn't have it, in which case, that sucks.

What is your IC? Before you go fighting in Europe in Germany and Austria's backyard, you may wanna industrialize if you have the time. Also maybe occupy Persia and Georgia because while you're doing that you can advance tech and reinforce/upgrade so by the time you've prepared for your invasion of the Balkans, you're IC is up, your up-to-date, and can easily secure all the non-European fronts.

Haha just sayin'. :)

Nice read!! And your english writing is better than mine and it is my native lang.

Sorry for this small hiatus was overworked this past weeks, next update will come hopefully tomorrow.

Chapter XI: The New World Order

In the following weeks after the war, the Empire got involved in a small conflict with Yemen. Intelligence indicated that the Yemites were hiding several Arab rebel leaders, after attempts to extract them failed, divisions stationed nearby crossed the border and occupied Sanaa after minor resistance, days later it was announced the last independent Arab nation would be formally annexed by the Ottoman Empire.

rBtYB.png

This event was barely noticed by the international community, Yemen had been a small and isolated country so with the world burning in the flames of war, none really cared about the destiny of this small arab nation.

More worrying news came in the 1st February of 1943 when several Ottoman marine contingents without orders from the government occupied the island of Crete.

A younger generation of highly militaristic , nationalist, foreign educated and highly dynamic officers had risen in the last war, a generation who didn’t experience the dark days when the Ottoman Empire was called the sick man of Europe. This disperse “ideological group”, unofficially called the “Heirs of Osman”, was sick of the cautious approach of the mainstream Ottoman politics, they wanted to restore the Empire to the glory of the past and avenge all the wrong doings done against them, one of them was the perceived German betrayal when they sold some year back Crete to the Greeks.

So without any official consent - although certainly approved by some of the more radical members of the high command and the Porte - several contingents led by some of this group most extremist members landed in secrecy in Crete and seized control of the island.

This lead to a Crisis between the Ottoman Empire and the Greek Kingdom. The Ottoman government caught by surprise by this initiative was forced to sanction it so to not reveal the lack of control the Empire was starting to have over this officers, the Greeks of course were demanding the immediate withdraw of the contingents under the threat of war
Surprisingly the solution came from an unlikely party. Serbia – a fellow member of the recently formed Belgrade pact, an alliance of several Balkan nations – convinced the Greek government to let Crete go, at least temporary. At that time none knew exactly what happened behind closed that convinced the Greeks to abandon the island, such decision was completely out of character for these Balkan nations, nevertheless war was avoided for now.*

The officers returned to Constantiople as heroes and even received a decoration by the Sultan himself. However weeks later the ringleaders were rounded up and arrested under the accusation that they were planning to overthrow the government. It remains a mystery if this was true or not, the Porte could have used this as an excuse to remove problematic elements from the army, however it was also likely that this accusation was true and this radicals were following the steps of the “Young Turks” before them.

Such act of course didn’t end the “Heirs of Osman” influence, but did remove the most radical and problematic elements of the group.

Meanwhile in Europe tragedy struck the German Empire, the great Emperor Whilhelm II passed away to be succeeded by this son Whihelm the III. Even in wartime a magnificent funeral was held, representatives from all the non-Syndicalist world attended, including several chefs of state like the Russian Tsar, the Bulgar Tsar,the Danish King, the Austrian Emperor and the Swiss President (despite the nation’s neutrality policy they cleared favored the Germans and were hoping to get the lands occupied by the Commune years before returned in case of a German victory). The Ottomans sent the Crown Prince Nihad as a representative to attend the funeral, since the Ottoman Sultan’s health and age didn’t let him undertake such journey.

p5NuB.png

rqzqs.png

At the same time the funeral ended a major offensive was launched. Using copious amounts of armored divisions, the Germans broke the Communard lines and put the Syndicalists on the retreat. The French were thrown in total disarray, the use of the fast armored brigades – a tactic put to test by the German strategists in the Great Arab War- was highly unorthodox and impeded any chance of regrouping and counter-attack the furious Germans.

QJScF.png

Unable to successfully defend themselves the Commune was completely defeated and the leadership forced to flee to the Union of Britain, days later the Spanish Anarchists fell too – they had lost most of their army in the French front.

dIUXk.png

DPT6V.png

The Italians held on for a few days, before the Germans hit the Italian beaches like a hammer and overwhelmed them. Of the Syndicalist powers only the Union of Britain held on, protected in their island fortress and seeing further fighting pointless, they grudgingly accept an armistice.

DzmVH.png

This massive assault had been clearly under preparation for some time, however this date was chosen to honour the life of the previous Emperor and celebrate the crowning of the new one.

A wave of relief was felt through all of the old Europe, as Prince Nihad still in Berlin said ” The collective relief that the Berliners felt was almost palpable. They have lived for decades under the threat of the red scourge, even despite all their apparent power they still feared one day wake up with the syndicalists sacking their homes and taking their children. But now those days are over, no longer they will have to fear that evil, it’s like this city and it’s people were reborn

Now the question remained what to do with the occupied lands, after much consideration it was decided that France was too much of a threat to be left intact and it was partitioned, Geneva went back to Switzerland, Western Flanders was given to the small state of Flanders-Wallonia. Brittany, Normandy and Occitania were given independence and an Hollezohern monarch, the rest of the France was given to rump French state under the rule of Francois III. With this the French exiles in Algeria had to face the terrible reality that there was now no chance of reclaiming their homeland, still they hopelessly protested and demanded their land back even while thousands left North Africa heading towards the German puppet states

eooWc.png

Rhyt5.png

In Spain a puppet government was established too while in Italy the Kingdom of Two Sicilies was restored, however the Germans kept Anzio as a concession.

IBasx.png

VZ1ew.png

With this one of the bloodiest chapters of the history of mankind came to a end, the syndicalist was eradicated from mainland Europe effectively destroying the dream of a worldwide revolution, only a few rogue isolated states remained around the world. A new order now reigned in a Europe firmly under German grip.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Chapter
Settling a Debt

*Demanded Crete from the Greeks just to amuse myself, despite a very low chance they actually gave it to me.

Last edited:
My oh my. Germany is powerful now. Perhaps it's time to see closer ties?

That sounds like one h^## of a offensive.:eek:
A nice little land grab by you!

Now I may have done the math wrong, but I believe that based on wikipedia's information on oil producing countries the Ottoman Empire now produces approximately 26% of the worlds oil, making it the largest oil producing state.

Just imagine the economic powerhouse the ottomans will become now.

Which year are we talking about here? Many sources of oil were discovered after WWII, so during WWII timeline Persia and Iraq combined actually produced less oil than the SU, Saudi Arabia produced almost no oil and the USA outproduced every country by a far margin. Of course you could always extract more oil from the known sources, but that would increase the rate of their depletion.

Also, oil can be both a blessing and a curse. I'm sure that the major powers will be interested in the Middle East when they discover how much oil there is in the region.

Which year are we talking about here? Many sources of oil were discovered after WWII, so during WWII timeline Persia and Iraq combined actually produced less oil than the SU, Saudi Arabia produced almost no oil and the USA outproduced every country by a far margin. Of course you could always extract more oil from the known sources, but that would increase the rate of their depletion.

Also, oil can be both a blessing and a curse. I'm sure that the major powers will be interested in the Middle East when they discover how much oil there is in the region.

nuts, I forgot about that. I was using modern estimates.

My oh my. Germany is powerful now. Perhaps it's time to see closer ties?

I am a bit undecided in this actually, I am toying with the idea of creating an Anti-German Coalition.

When it dies I will say it here :p Currently I am studying for my last exams (last one should be Thursday next week) and taking a small break from DH so I haven't had time to finish this. Though I may start working on my next update soon.

Chapter XII: Settling a Debt

In South America once again border skirmishes occurred between La Plata and Brazil, this time however the situation quickly escalated, resulting in La Plata declaring war to Brazil.

ur56P.png

In the Empire preparations were made for a campaign against Persia. The Persians had been a thorn in their side for a long time, specially due their active fostering of the Kurdish Rebels. So the Porte decided to kill two birds with one stone, eliminate the Persian threat and appease the Jingoistic nationalists.

Thankfully after the Ottoman restoration of the old territories the economy was booming, attracting private investments to a level that would put the pre-Black Monday economy to shame. The Ottoman industry would be more than ready to support the campaign.

i8ViM.png

g10gB.png

The first step was assuring that the international community wouldn’t intervene, so Prince Nihad – an already quite accomplished diplomat- still in Germany, stroke a deal with the Kaiser’s Government, MittleEuropa would sanction the Ottoman invasion in exchange for a privileged share of the Persian Oil.

After having secured German backing, the Ottomans started moving troops to the border officially under the pretence of fighting the remaining Kurdish rebels, luckily the Persian’s didn’t suspect a thing since they assumed after so much wars the Ottomans would want to enter another conflict.

At 1AM June 30, 1942 the Ottoman divisions crossed the border and engaged the surprised Persian defenders.

Cy5I3.png

Though outnumbered, the Ottomans were unable to easily crush the Persian defenders. The Persian Generals knowing that the first line of defends would eventually succumb, organized an well-ordered retreat to the easily defensible mountainous regions surrounding Tehran.

The Ottomans of course followed in their heels with mixed results, though they managed to engage and scatter the Persian divisions in Esfahan after some fierce fighting, they were soundly beaten in Tabriz. The Ottoman General had carelessly lead his 5 division into that unfamiliar region, there the Persians organized an ambush and slaughtered the Ottomans, through all the Persian campaign the Ottomans would try several times to dislodge the Persian defenders from that region and every single time they would be easily repelled by the defenders.

hi7V8.png

In Esfahan the Persian divisions near the region seeing that the Ottoman army occupying that region was still disorganized and under-supplied decided to abandon the retreat plan and stage a counter-attack. Though the exhausted Ottomans initially where being soundly beaten, fresh divisions from the rest of the Empire soon arrived turning the tide against the Persians.

ACEWB.png

Once the Persian offensive was repelled immediately divisions moved against Teheran. The two divisions defending the city - exhausted from the recent failed counter-offensive- weren’t able to organize a coherent defense and after a day of fighting the Ottomans captured the city and the Shāh forcing him to surrender.

kvOGx.png

PxsZh.png

If the Persians instead counterattacking had decided stick to the original plan, they could have hold Teheran indefinitely like their comrades in Tabriz, this critical error of judgment gave the keys of victory to the Ottomans.

XsAGA.png

Through the Empire crowds cheered the successful campaign, some radical left-wing politicans protested against what they considered an unlawful and imperialistic invasion, but they were largely ignored by the population.

pCVTo.png

With the great victory the Porte was quite satisfied with itself, the Empire was now richer and more prosper than ever, and with the jingoists appease they could now pursuit more peaceful objectives, like education and industry. However this was not to be, in Balkans once again more trouble was brewing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Chapter
Balkan Troubles

Sorry about some pictures, I took them quite a while ago and only now I noticed that they were zoomed to far.

Also I got a PM to encourage the AAR readers to vote in the AARland Choice AwAARds. So go ahead an vote on your favourite ones :happy:

Last edited:
Nice Persian campaign. That eliminates the likelyhood of a two-front war, so our Empire is now safe! Also, maybe you might wanna take a quick stop in the Caucuses to annex the small states there if you have time before the Balkan War.

Also, maybe you might wanna take a quick stop in the Caucuses to annex the small states there if you have time before the Balkan War.

Armenia is already my puppet (I wish the game would let it ally me) and Azerbaijan is Russia's Puppet, so I can't really head that way.

Armenia is already my puppet (I wish the game would let it ally me) and Azerbaijan is Russia's Puppet, so I can't really head that way.
Ah okay. What is the state of our Navy?

Ah okay. What is the state of our Navy?

It's the least developed branch of my military, I didn't expand it at all since the beginning of the game besides occasionally developing a doctrine. I really don't see much action for the navy since I haven't any plans that would require a strong naval presence, so expanding it would be a waste of resources.

Last edited: