• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm having an issue. And I'm really sorry if this has been asked before, I searched the thread and didn't find any mention.

I've installed DH, and then copied all my files to another directory, patched to 1.02, installed FODD, patched to 2.08, applied hotfix. Everything seems to work fine, but when I try to assign a research team, that is, click on one of the team boxes, the small window holding the teams just goes black. I can't assign a team.

Everything works fine if I play DH without the mod, and I'm not having any other problems.

I've re-installed everything twice, and still have this issue.

I'm not using any of the different tiles/icons, or even the music, just straight away FODD plus patches.

Anyone got any ideas, or any idea where I can find some help?

I'm using the steam version, copied completely over into my Games folder under C:\Games\Darkest Hour directory.

Last edited:
Ok, I tried re-installing, I must have dropped a file in the wrong location somewhere, research works now, but now, when I start a game, only the Return of the Chosen One scenario shows up, Fallout's Doomsday doesn't... The hell? I reinstalled everything exactly according to the directions...

Ok, I tried re-installing, I must have dropped a file in the wrong location somewhere, research works now, but now, when I start a game, only the Return of the Chosen One scenario shows up, Fallout's Doomsday doesn't.

Working as designed. You should only see "Return of the Chose One"; it completely replaces generic FoDD scenario. Don't worry.

I will kill myself :).The Bonapart Legacy lost.Congratulations.Bye bye 4ever.

For banner I can suggest these two pics (the final call belongs to Sword, of course)

c4coo5748mbd6k6sv.png

c4cooa4xesokshw8f.png

I come from the Heaven to speaK: I aprove this banner! xD

Ty Gukpa :)

Banner is good. Brother Paladin to the rescue again ;) My personal preference is the upper one.

Gratz to the entire team, past and current... U can all be really proud of urselves, u deserve this mod of the month.

Short description could be:

Set in this desolate setting made famous by the Fallout series of computer games, it is a complete conversion mod. It has over 400 technologies, thousands of events, new unit types, new graphics, new resources and economy, new minister and leader traits. There are 40+ fully featured, playable nations that are unique to this exciting and fun science fiction setting. The mod draws on the rich imaginary world first presented to us in the computer role playing games of Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. These two games became cult hits which then led to further games like Fallout Tactics, and more recently Fallout 3.

Last edited:

Banner is good. Brother Paladin to the rescue again ;) My personal preference is the upper one.

Gratz to the entire team, past and current... U can all be really proud of urselves, u deserve this mod of the month.

Set in this desolate setting made famous by the Fallout series of computer games, it is a complete conversion mod. It has over 400 technologies, thousands of events, new unit types, new graphics, new resources and economy, new minister and leader traits. There are 40+ fully featured, playable nations that are unique to this exciting and fun science fiction setting. The mod draws on the rich imaginary world first presented to us in the computer role playing games of Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. These two games became cult hits which then led to further games like Fallout Tactics, and more recently Fallout 3.
Thanks. It has been announced on Facebook and Twitter so far. Within 24 hours (hopefully) the MotM thread and the launcher will be updated too. :)

Thank you :D:D:D .I will bakc!More one question: The White House reconstruction is abandoned ? :(

Thank you FODD mod team, Vlad and Elitech. I can only check forum posts every few days right now. Your support is very much appreciated.

And thanks to everyone who voted. What an honour for the mod and all the wonderful people who have helped create it!

I am busy on 2.0.9. To sustain my interest doing state reunification events, I had to take a break and add an event chain. Hands up those of you who believe Elvis is dead. Ok, many of you believe that, right? WRONG! If you can bring Elvis back in the mod, you will get 30 battalions of devoted followers flock to your nation's banner from all across North America.

Enough said. Sorry, but you must realise that this kind of offbeat pop culture reference makes the mod more fun for me and it was established in Fallout 2. Love it or hate it, it is part of this mod. I always try to make it plausible within the game world. So there are no magic powers, but semi plausible psychic powers, alien visitors, strange technology, etc. This is also supported in Fallout 3 series, which is very pleasing.

With state reunification events, I realise now that I should have asked Conqueror who wrote these to do Fallout 3 Commonwealths instead of US states. I will make that future action item. So we would then have US states, plus additional events for the 13 Commonwealths which are represented as stars on the Fallout world US flag. There is simply too much work and fun content added in the state reunification events to now drop them entirely.

I can't make any promise on when 2.0.9 will be released but I am making progress every week. I will very happy and relieved when it is released. It won't be a major change for the mod, but many bug fixes, refinements and some fun new event based content. I hope the end game war will be a better experience.

Kind regards,
Sword of Justice

P.S. I will try sneak in some evenst for rebuilding the White House, Gukpa. You may now go back to Heaven. :)

Thank you FODD mod team, Vlad and Elitech. I can only check forum posts every few days right now. Your support is very much appreciated.

And thanks to everyone who voted. What an honour for the mod and all the wonderful people who have helped create it!

I am busy on 2.0.9. To sustain my interest doing state reunification events, I had to take a break and add an event chain. Hands up those of you who believe Elvis is dead. Ok, many of you believe that, right? WRONG! If you can bring Elvis back in the mod, you will get 30 battalions of devoted followers flock to your nation's banner from all across North America.

Enough said. Sorry, but you must realise that this kind of offbeat pop culture reference makes the mod more fun for me and it was established in Fallout 2. Love it or hate it, it is part of this mod. I always try to make it plausible within the game world. So there are no magic powers, but semi plausible psychic powers, alien visitors, strange technology, etc. This is also supported in Fallout 3 series, which is very pleasing.

With state reunification events, I realise now that I should have asked Conqueror who wrote these to do Fallout 3 Commonwealths instead of US states. I will make that future action item. So we would then have US states, plus additional events for the 13 Commonwealths which are represented as stars on the Fallout world US flag. There is simply too much work and fun content added in the state reunification events to now drop them entirely.

I can't make any promise on when 2.0.9 will be released but I am making progress every week. I will very happy and relieved when it is released. It won't be a major change for the mod, but many bug fixes, refinements and some fun new event based content. I hope the end game war will be a better experience.

Kind regards,
Sword of Justice

P.S. I will try sneak in some evenst for rebuilding the White House, Gukpa. You may now go back to Heaven. :)

Thanks,more i Will Stay here for now :D.I will wait the new fallout Update :D:D:D Do you wan't a trailer?

Ok so using the non-gamefront downloader and a new folder called FODD. I extracted all the stuff needed using 7-zip and put it into the folder...then I start FODD and all of a sudden a ton of "Abort/Retry/Ignore" options came up. So I choose ignore...because Abort/Retry shut the game down. I reinstalled it 3 times(same with the patch.) and when it opened the background was the regular DH background and not the FODD background. I shrugged thinking it was something odd...anyways. THEN I chose the scenario, robot nation, begin the game...and it opened the preloader screen to DHs preloader complete with their saying things...after waiting for a while I realized it wasn't loading and quit. DID THIS 3 MORE TIMES...and got the same result. So now I'm trying the Gamefront downloader and hoping it works...because if it doesn't its going to PISS THE HELL OUT OF ME!

...And its still not fucking working. What the hell...honestly this is bullshit. Those A/R/I things are Palettes or w/e...critical errors and such. I have NO FUCKING CLUE what I'm doing wrong...

Last edited:
Oh, you might be surprised - some of us youngsters are rather fond of the first Fallouts...

Oh? Well, that would be a rather pleasant surprise then :) If you like FallOut(s) (and post-apocalyptic games in general), I'd recommend everybody to check out http://www.nma-fallout.com and their forums http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/ where u can download complete overhauls/completely redone mods/improvement mods/patches and anything else you might need.

Insane, outta curiosity, which is ur fav NPC from Fo2?

Last edited:
Well, New Vegas establishes that the US states had some relevance before the War (even if the Commonwealths superceded them in some respects), and that it is not all that uncommon amongst the more settled types to refer to the US states in the present tense (an example being that even if there's no government of Arizona, the geographical region still is referred to when the Legion's extent is discussed), so it does make sense to have both US state reunification and US Commonwealth reunification events.
Oh? Well, that would be a rather pleasant surprise then :) If you like FallOut(s) (and post-apocalyptic games in general), I'd recommend everybody to check out http://www.nma-fallout.com and their forums http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/ where u can download complete overhauls/completely redone mods/improvement mods/patches and anything else you might need.

Insane, outta curiosity, which is ur fav NPC from Fo2?
Indeed.

As to favourite NPC from Fo2... a hard choice, but on balance I am inclined towards the Grand Old Lady herself, President Tandi.