• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

General Mosh

Captain
52 Badges
Jul 31, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities in Motion
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Well, I have taken over the world pics mod because the two other creators are not able to mod right now. Bulgarion will be able to rejoin the work by the end of June, I don't know about Nachioos. I have released a new version, 0.6, and I will hopefully release a new version every week. The new version adds pics for Morroco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, and parts of Egypt. The next version will continue with Africa.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22122780/Darkest+Hour.rar

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
1.) Download Newest Version
2.) Extract into Games folder (or whatever folder you installed Darkest Hour with)
3.) Replace files if prompted
4.) Have fun! ;)

Last edited:
Next version will be released soon! It will finish Ethiopia and continue going south into Africa!

Last edited:
Could someone with the power to please move this thread to the User mods section? I messed up :blush:

I will probably be able to release version 0.64 later this week. Also, me and Bulgarion were talking about possibly changing the cover picture for the startup and loading screens. I figure that some people will want the pics, but not the loading screen, and I don't want to force people to have to create a completely new DH full copy just so they can get a different startup screen. So I'm going to create that screen, and then release it as a separate thing, for you to add on to the mod if you want. The startup screen will be a collage of pictures from across the world, with maybe some military machines overlaid those. There is only one problem. I have no idea how to add in a startup screen :p
So can anyone who knows please tell me the specifications of the startup screen, and exactly what part of the files I have to put it in? Thanks in advance!

Yes, I'll try it. Also, I'm planning on releasing a new version tonight or tomorrow.

Darkest Hour/mods/World Picture Mod/gfx/ - dump a graphic called 'load_1024' in and it'll overwrite the loading screen at that res.
Well, we aren't doing this in a separate mod folder. It is put in the regular DH folder, to make sure that it applys to every single mod. There are no compatibility issues, I have tested a bunch of mods. Also, could you explain what load_1024 is and what overwriting the loading screen is? Sorry I'm a bit of a tech noob :p

Version 0.62 has been released!!!

Download: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21611776/Darkest+Hour.rar

This version completes Egypt, Sudan, Eritrea, and begins Ethiopia. Sorry for how long it took, turns out finding pictures of the desert is hard, especially when you try to keep them interesting and free of human influence! :p

very nice...two questions for you mate...1) i have to install the mod only in the main game folder or in the mod folder too?... 2) these pics are awesome...is it any chance make them for HOI3 ? (big request).. :)

very nice...two questions for you mate...1) i have to install the mod only in the main game folder or in the mod folder too?...
Just the main game folder :p
2) these pics are awesome...is it any chance make them for HOI3 ? (big request).. :)
I would if I had the game! Perhaps if Bulgarion has HOI3 he can convert it later on, but for now I can't do it. Sorry!

ok..no problem..i hope then Bulgarion to convert these pics cause are fantastic....
Well, if he can't, I was thinking about getting HOI3 anyways so...:p
Maybe I'll do it then.
I also want you guys to know that the minute another HOI game (if there is ever a new one) comes out I'll be buying it and then I'll convert these pics.