• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe this isn't that impressive. Maybe it is. But it probably isn't.
The great I NEVER SUNK!!! Kingdom of Atlantis.
EU3_MAP_mp_1439.5.29_1.jpg
I'm playing multiplayer OOT (1.05, with Duke of Britain) (me as atlantis, he as Aragon going to turn Spain/Iberia)
Pretty uneventful actually, but lots of wars, heroic battles between doomstacks (you notice Atlantis is kinda Greek - I've had tiny armies with crappy leaders beat doomstacks led by a monarch!) and lots and lots of arguments about if Enasism is Pagan or not.
Things about the world:
Prester John.
Er...
That's it.

Murphy's Horde Law: Hordes are only ever successful when the human is playing a country where this would be a threat. :p

So my first game! Start 1399. End 1774. Normal difficult, no lucky nations. I'm thinking I might go back to it later, but I'm bored and frustrated with it and I made some pretty crucial mistakes. Did you know that buildings can give quite substantial bonuses?!?!?! I didn't until about the 1650s.:wacko:

EU3_MAP_POR_1774.2.1_1.jpg

Bohemia is HRE. Austria expanded and destroyed France during its stint as HRE. Vijayanagar used to control most of India until it collapsed. Ming nearly collapsed, but is putting itself back together. GB and the Netherlands(Brabant) used to have nice little empires until they took turns trying to prove they were stronger than me and I had to prove them wrong. Tver formed Russia very recently. Tachibana have had wild swings back and forth in power and prestige. My ally Connacht formed Ireland with my help, but later betrayed me. I defeated and forced them to release their holdings in Europe, so now they are a North American TPM. Naples also used to be my ally and ended up holding most of Italy until they also betrayed me. I ended up vassalizing them as a TPM, but they've grown since then. I have PUs with Pisa and Hainaut.

EU3_MAP_POR_1774.2.1_2.jpg

I don't know for sure, but I feel like I have a pretty anemic economy. I think this is mostly because I never really built economic buildings until the 1650s (again my first game).
5D5372F05453987A9C0C449AD832460EFAF959ED
Below is basically the reason I'm getting frustrated with this game. I'm so far behind in tech. I think this is due to my weak economy and I've had a lot of stability issues (although that may be par for the course). Also, my NIs weren't really suited to what I was doing for a long time.
105550040885B2B5A6DB3ACA2C936269EF22AAE5

A65427F473BF7FAF063439BD34068C219D558A4E
Basically, I make it through European wars by recruiting more powerful units from provinces captured from more advanced nations, picking off weaker enemy allies and sheer weight of numbers (what I like to call the Russia strategy). And my ludicrous navy blockading everything within sight also helps. (Even with all those ships my Tariff Efficiency is still only 60%)
3026B0A11EF68FD19D31A76864E449D65F944BA7

E8AE776EE8E337B962FC1548D77E7D55739C5D2E
PIE!
E20672E594FF558DD65B172BCBACCFD671055F78

For giggles, here is my current game as the Mamluks. 1399 start and it's 1426 right now. Normal difficult, no lucky nations. These TSCs mean that I'm having more rebel problems in this game than in my Portugal game. That's even with all those colonial countries starting to rebel and most of my American holdings lacking forts! Should be fun. :D

EU3_MAP_MAM_1426.1.1_1.jpg
EU3_MAP_MAM_1426.1.1_2.jpg

Strange thing was, the Golden Horde succeeded in my Ansbach game, and overran the Balkans.

Not that strange. At one point in my Morocco game I was the last non-nomad Muslim power since all of Tunesia and Tripolia had been seized by France and Ottoman, Mamluks, Adal and the Arabian peninsula was overrun by Timurids. Later the whole near-east and caucasus rebelled into giant Syria which was my ally for the rest of the game keeping the Europeans in check so I could complete the colonization of both Africa and Southern America.

Huh, I'm playing a second Ansbach to 1420, and the Golden Horde are already overrunning the Balkans. Again.

@Zwitterion

Well I'm wondering a few things about your economy, since you have most of the Americas, Africa, basically : a huge colonial empire, I'm curious : how many center of trades have you made in it? You can basically make one every time you have one that reaches over 800 Ducats in worth, which should net you quite a few extremely wealthy provinces. Also, how is your tariff percentage? You need basically one Big Ship or one Light Ship for every coastal province that you own outside the continent on which you have your capital. You can see your percentage by hovering over Tariffs income. Every single one of those coastal province should have a dock, as it increases your goods' worth by 25%. As a last detail for your overseas provinces, there are a few buildings that are worth building to increase each good's worth, which you can see by hovering over each good's... I think... trade value.

Of course there are also the trade building that gives +1% trade efficiency, but in the next patch it'll be capped at 200%, so if you're closed to that then no worry. I'm also assuming your inflation isn't more than 10%.

1510 Update Post Protestant reformations:

Im allied with HRE now so im leaving it alone. World War 2 freed Holland and Brandenburg from their grasp. Prussia formed and is allied with me. I being the Bringer of the reformations have converted. I force converted Iberia, France converted on its own. The real surprise weas when the HRE converted. It lost all its friends and its Iron grip over the Pope. Im on reasonable terms with Italy thouygh theve not gotten better since I converted

Religions of Europe:

My Colonies:

Other notables are: Poland slowly collapsing, the Byzzies getting ahead of the Turks in tech and within 1 slider move of Westernizing, Iberia failing at colonization while Ive long taken North America and her riches, and everyone at war with Morocco because it wanted to be skippy with the Byzzies.

I have 4 territories I can take, after that I suffer Overextension. So my question is should i go after India or Colonize more of America and start hitting South Africa?

Screw overextention, get the entire Caribbean already! Screw north America, the caribbean is much better!
(Also, if you don't care about extensive colonial holdings on the Americas, might as well pick Brazil and Mexico)

India can wait...the Americas can not :p

Hmm... That's a highly prolific Protestant movement you got there...

Also...

"That'ssss a very nice everything you've got there... be a sssshame if ssssomething happened to it..."-- Bob the Creeper.

Here's a Burgundy game I just finished.

eu33zu.png

It was mostly for flavor/RP purposes since I wanted to play Burgundy in the last year (1477) of the Burgundian Wars. In my first year, I drove out the Burgundian rebels and then forced peace with Austria and Switzerland. Then I started collecting my cores and Lotharingian territories. Fortunately for me, Charles the Bold did not die in this conflict, but instead claimed the Crown of Lotharingia and eventually passed it down to his daughter, Mary of Burgundy.

I fought Austria almost nonstop due to cascading alliances and in between claiming my Lotharingian cores, got to whack France around a little bit. Also had help from Castile and Scotland against France and England when it came time to fight them.

@Zwitterion

Well I'm wondering a few things about your economy, since you have most of the Americas, Africa, basically : a huge colonial empire, I'm curious : how many center of trades have you made in it? You can basically make one every time you have one that reaches over 800 Ducats in worth, which should net you quite a few extremely wealthy provinces. Also, how is your tariff percentage? You need basically one Big Ship or one Light Ship for every coastal province that you own outside the continent on which you have your capital. You can see your percentage by hovering over Tariffs income. Every single one of those coastal province should have a dock, as it increases your goods' worth by 25%. As a last detail for your overseas provinces, there are a few buildings that are worth building to increase each good's worth, which you can see by hovering over each good's... I think... trade value.

Of course there are also the trade building that gives +1% trade efficiency, but in the next patch it'll be capped at 200%, so if you're closed to that then no worry. I'm also assuming your inflation isn't more than 10%.

I have 11 COTs with monopolies in all. All but 2 have values above 800. Currently Tariffs are 60%. To reach 100% I need somewhere between 200-150 more ships, which is within my Naval Force Limits, but is obviously expensive. I currently only have 7 provinces with level 6 naval buildings. I have docks on all European territories (except for a couple of new ones), but very few colonies have them. I just don't have the magistrates for that. Barely half of my American colonies have forts, just because I can't spend all my magistrates on that. I have been spamming trade buildings in my colonies with coffee, tobacco and copper as they have the highest values, but even with only those targets, half have level 6 buildings and the other half have level 2. The other colonies are barren. Inflation is ~9%. I realize that I have problems that are due to not setting up my economy properly a long time ago, but do you have any suggestions?